ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > General Discussion > RPG Forum > NationStates Nation List
Search this Thread:

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

NationStates Nation List  
folder icon   05-14-2010, 01:13 AM
NationStates Nation List Post #1
Jezta

The Black Sphynx

This is where I will keep an active and inactive region list. Apparently there is a limit to how much space you can use in the factbook. Any ideas for the region page (factbook entry, size, actual attempts at government, libelous statements about fellow leaders) can go here too.

Or not.

Active Nation List
Jezta - Tergaza, Gaelic Territories, Khamia, Xultun
-G R U N T- - Z00tland
~Crusader~ - Jiamle
Funderbunk - Wanderingmountain, Flopwoppica
dimitri583 - East Tuesday Heights, Red Solo Cup
Ultra_punk - Unsala
the12thman - S Texas, Benn Franklin
Sammy the Saint - Zen-Jin, Heliadae, Heretuanga
Thorn969 - Rubignia, Thorn969, Politanita
food - Ethnic Extermination

Inactive Nation List
None

Last edited by Jezta on 05-14-2010 at 04:20 PM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-14-2010, 03:59 AM
Post #2
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger

So... anyone want to do an actual RPG of this?

Here's my proposed starting point. GDP is a function of sqrt(pop) (we'll ignore GDP per capita. The purpose of using sqrt(pop) is to allow various players an equal playing field. Otherwise, there would be 4 nations many times larger than any others. This creates a much narrower range even though it is unrealistic).

It's also a function of Civil Rights, Economy, and Political Freedoms as such:

Political Freedoms and Civil Rights go from high at Corrupted, Widely Abused, Excessive, World Benchmark, Superb, Excellent, Very Good, Good, Average, Below Average, Some, Few, Rare, Unheard Of, Outlawed. Economy goes from Frightening, All Consuming, Powerhouse, Thriving, Very Strong, Strong, Good, Fair, Reasonable, Developing, Struggling, Weak, Fragile, Basket Case, Imploded.

Questions are as follows: should higher always be better? How do we want to weight the three factors relative to one another? Do we want to take into account other factors, ie tax rate?

Next, I explained on the NationStates forums this concept that effective tax rate should be 60% of nominal average tax rate + 15% for non-income taxes. This was based on a study of the U.S. economy and some compromise. Of that budget... some percentage should be taken out as transfer payments... I'm going to say now that an appropriate percentage would be 12%+social equality payments. Private consumption, including investment, is transfer payments+untaxed GDP.

For some reason, the board doesn't want this post to continue. Anyway. The percentage of the government spending going to various purposes can be found in the game API at http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/api.cgi/nation=$nation, where you substitute your nation for $nation. Major industry and government priority are also represented there.

I further think it would be cool to have recent issue decisions incorporated into the RPG and effecting gameplay.

So, for example, using equal weighting on the three factors, call 15 top and 1 bottom, and multiplying by 100, Rubignia would have $152.73 billion GDP, of which $62.32 billion would go to taxes, of which 17% would go to transfer payment, making $101 billion is private consumption. $6.8 billion would be environmental spending, $6.2 billion transportation spending, no spending on commerce, law & order, defense, or spirituality, $12.5 billion on education, $6.8 billion on healthcare, $16.2 billion on welfare, and $10 billion on administration… of course, all of these include an average of 12% transfer payments.

Compare this to Targaza with $2,059.91 billion GDP, $308.98 billion is spent for the common welfare either by the government or quazi-governmental organizations. There are $58.7 billion in transfer payments. $27.8 billion in military spending. I assume military size would also be similarly limited by sqrt(pop).

Tergaza does have much more resources than Rubignia still… but the NSEconomy calculator would give Tergaza $13.2 trillion budget against Rubignia’s $79.7 billion… compared to that, this difference is insignificant. Less than 5 times versus 165 times.

The second largest country, Gaelic Territories, would have an economy of $664.30 billion of which $358.72 billion is the government, $78.9 billion in military spending, $43 billion in transfer payments, none of which are for social welfare or equality. Their military would be bigger budget is larger than Targaza’s.

East Tuesday Heights, the dominant nation of the smaller nations, would have $252.10 billion GDP, $96.8 billion government, no defense. $31.94 billion transfer payments. We have too many nations with no defense spending.

Jialme has $359.20 billion economy, $103.45 billion government, $10.34 billion defense. Although there would still be a need for alliances, you wouldn’t have a nation that could take out all the others combined.

Anyway... let me know any thoughts.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Post #3
food

Overlord

I probably have the most money in defence currently my defence budget is $17 billion.

folder icon   05-16-2010, 07:19 PM
Post #4
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Is there anyway to see how you've proposed laws, like a history? The NS page seems to only track the last x number of laws.

a suicide bomber taken out by a suicide bomber? priceless
Masey209: JUST MAKE HER HAVE SEX WITH ME!!
Enix: Oops added an extra zero to it just like your hydro bill
CowUltrapunk: SLOW
CowUltrapunk: slow as your dick
dimitri583: i told you
dimitri583: my dick is fast as fuck
CowUltrapunk: working on your unspeakable weapon of mass atrocities?
ZoraxP: Yep. I call it the USA.
Urin Bloodface: i know ontario
Urin Bloodface: ive even been to vancover
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-21-2010, 03:03 AM
Post #5
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger

No, there is no public way of tracking past legislation except by keeping track of it yourself.

The game does keep track of past legislation to some degree - most legislation has prerequisites so that you need to have made certain choices previously to be able to get it.

I don't know how many flags are stored or where they are stored, and that information is kept secret.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-31-2011, 02:20 PM
Post #6
Sammy the Saint

Overlord

I won

Return to Top  

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: