ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > Flagship Studios > But what is it that we WANT?
Search this Thread:

newthread reply Flagship Studios
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

But what is it that we WANT?  
folder icon   02-02-2004, 05:48 PM
But what is it that we WANT? Post #1
gorf37

Critter

I've enjoyed reading everyone's speculation based on the pics that have been released, but I have to say that it's not really worth our while at this point. What I'd like to know from the people who are entusiastic enough about the Flagship group to devote a site to two pieces of artwork, is what are we hoping for?

Personally, I'd have no problem at all with a Diablo or warcraft clone, because I loved both of those game series so much. What I'd love would be a pair of games, which are basically just advancements of the two ideas, but to have the multiplayer for the two linked somehow such that the "diablo" heros lead the "warcraft" armies, best of both worlds. Don't have a clue how it'd be pulled off, but man would that be awesome, because it would require so much cooperation between the players. Maybe in one player the battle tactics would be set up, and then you could enter the "diablo" mode, and aid your army. Then in that game's sequel, you could bounce back and forth between the two at any time. I think I just came in my pants.

This is all keeping in mind, that I've basically only played those two series, and that's it for games, never owned a console system, etc. So instead of making fun of me for not knowing that a game like that already exists, just gently tell me so that I can lock myself in a room for the next six to eight years and play it. If it's even possible with the machines we currently have...

So that's my take, let me know what you think.

GQ

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-02-2004, 06:28 PM
Post #2
Zorax

Sig Nazi

Dude. Warcraft III.

I'm hoping for something impossible: dynamic characters and inspired writing in a videogame.

folder icon   02-03-2004, 08:38 AM
okay true but... Post #3
gorf37

Critter

I know,

But with more detail, such that when you're in the "hero" environment, it's as detailed as diablo 2, and your army is moving across the battle field against another army comprised of all the different units that the "warcraft" players are controling, kinda as if the barbs outside harrogath were much more numerous and smart. I guess not much of a new concept, but it'd still be really fun. There could be castle seiges, taking of strategic locations etc, and then once you achieved your goal, your "warcraft" player gets a new gold mine or whatever, and the "diablo" player gets a bunch of magic items. That was the idea. Guess it'd be a lot of work for a not too original idea. But man would I play it!

GQ

folder icon   02-03-2004, 09:29 AM
Post #4
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

Well, there's this other game called: 'Savage' (I think) where it's a First-Person-Shooter and Strategy game combined. You might wanna check it out, I don't know a lot about it, though .

I know its not what you're looking for but maybe you might find it interesting. Just type down 'Savage + game' in google or something, I'm sure it'll pop up somewhere :p.

folder icon   02-03-2004, 02:30 PM
Post #5
Arctic_Sniper

Night Elf Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorax
Dude. Warcraft III.

I'm hoping for something impossible: dynamic characters and inspired writing in a videogame.

Planescape: Torment

CowUltrapunk: cuz u left the window open
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-06-2004, 03:50 AM
Post #6
SarumanTheChef

Peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorax
Dude. Warcraft III.

You ever played Starcraft?

folder icon   02-06-2004, 08:14 PM
Post #7
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

For some reason I get the impression that it's an RTS or a squad/party-based RPG... I don't know why.

folder icon   02-08-2004, 02:22 AM
Post #8
Raven

Peon

Is it because RPG's are 90% of the time made in the past, and this looks futuristic?

folder icon   02-08-2004, 03:23 AM
Post #9
Dark Jester

Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
Is it because RPG's are 90% of the time made in the past, and this looks futuristic?

Actually, i beg to differ. Many RPG's are actually based in the future, yet use old weapons. Ex: Final Fantasy 4,6,7,8,10,X-2, Xenogears, Star Ocean, etc

These games all are based in the future, but use weapons like swords, fists, whips etc. because guns suck. If everyone used a gun, it would take away from dramatic moments, and also theirs the "Get shot once and die" rule. who needs magic when one round to the head drops you?

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-08-2004, 12:08 PM
Post #10
Caj Darkmoon

Arch Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Jester
Actually, i beg to differ. Many RPG's are actually based in the future, yet use old weapons. Ex: Final Fantasy 4,6,7,8,10,X-2, Xenogears, Star Ocean, etc

These games all are based in the future, but use weapons like swords, fists, whips etc. because guns suck. If everyone used a gun, it would take away from dramatic moments, and also theirs the "Get shot once and die" rule. who needs magic when one round to the head drops you?

"Get shot once and die rule"?

Umm... played an FPS lately?

folder icon   02-08-2004, 04:56 PM
Post #11
Vagrant Zero

Archer

Regardless, he still has a point. It could very easily be a Sci-Fi RPG. Personally I don't think it is, but that's becuase innovation is a foreign word in the NA gaming market. However...there is one thing that gives me hope, I remember reading an interview in which Roper talked about how much he liked FFVII.

Return to Top  

newthread reply Flagship Studios
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: