ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > General Gaming Discussion > storyline topic
Search this Thread:

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

storyline topic  
folder icon   09-06-2001, 06:33 PM
storyline topic Post #1
Raven of Narnia

Farseer

What do you think is lined up in the story of War3? Take your best guess:

orcs: I think Doomhammer is just waiting to be killed, either by Thrall, Guldan, or maybe Guldan's death knights. I am guessing it will be Thrall because he is already a known legendary character.

Sargeras (tomb of Sargeras)- I think he will be brought back, especially since he was such a strong force in the burning legion. Guldan knows where his tomb is and has the drive to get the powers from it and he was a leader for the burning legion.

humans: We already know that the humans will finally start to have problems between their race. I think it will be between Lordaeron and Kaz Modan (elves against dwarfs).

My guess for the story for each race will be:
human campaign-main enemies will be the undead because the undead use corrupt humans

orcs-main enemies will be the burning legion, a race for the tomb of Sargeras

night elves-main enemies, burning legion because of their history of war between each other

I think the feud between orcs and humans will be gone with the coming of the other 2 races. This theory also allows night/day conflict for both wars (humans/undead, orcs/burning legion).

I doubt very much conflict will occur between the humans and night elves or the orcs and night elves. What do you guys think, try and back it up though

GREAT MOVIES=comedy1.Road trip 2.Me, Myself, and Irene 3.Mafia!thriller1.Usual Suspects 2.Seven 3.Taxi Driver
crime1.Pulp Fiction 2.Reservoir Dogs 3.Goodfellassci-fi1.Matrix 2.Minority Reportaction1.The Rock 2.Face/offwar1.Apocalypse Now 2.Deerhunter
WORST MOVIES= 1.Dude, where's my car 2.Jay and Silent Bob 3.The new guy
Always remember, Dave Chappelle is funny
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-06-2001, 06:40 PM
Post #2
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Strawberry on the Shortcake

um, Guldan is dead, man... he has been dead for quite the long time... and guess where he died? the tomb of sargeras! and death knights are now an undead unit... plus, the orcs aren't into that daemonic crap anymore... thrall made them honorable, remember? therefore i believe your orc storyline idea has absolutely no plausibility.

SOMEONE'S out of date...

folder icon   09-06-2001, 09:19 PM
Post #3
The Slayer

Tauren Chieftain

hhmm...Undead or dead undead? ah ha, tricky? and as for the storyline the humans will be seduced by the demons and the orcs will sorta bring them back to realize what tthey were, and what know they must be. while the undead and elves are basically just thrown into the story as eye candy, so to speak. and take up most of the plot with pointless fighting.

-Chieftan
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-08-2001, 07:24 PM
Post #4
The Slayer

Tauren Chieftain

w00t me!

-Chieftan
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-08-2001, 07:30 PM
Post #5
Grom-Hellscream

Horde Berserker

w00t me!

folder icon   09-08-2001, 10:48 PM
Post #6
The Slayer

Tauren Chieftain

Stop that incessant w00ting, Bro.

-Chieftan
folder icon   09-09-2001, 12:47 AM
Post #7
Oberiko

Headhunter

I'm going to guess that this game will advance more like SC then WC2. By that I mean one continuous plot instead of 4 different possible outcomes.

I think that the order will be Humans -> Orcs -> Undead -> Night Elves.

The Humans will have to primarily fight Demons, other Humans (splinter groups etc.) with a few skirmishes with Orcs and Night Elves.

The Orcs will mainly combat the Undead and the Demons, with a few battles with Humans and Night Elves and one with Orcs.

The Undead will attack everyone, but in the end of their mission will be against the Demons.

The Night Elves will battle the Demons the most, Undead second and a few battles with the other races.

I think the game will end with one giant mission with Orcs, Humans and Night Elves are against the Demons (and possibly the Undead).

folder icon   09-09-2001, 02:32 AM
Post #8
Platon38

Tauren Chieftain

I have a question. Why does everyone think that the campaigns will be in the order of Human, Orc, Undead, NE? I mean, blizzard always refers to the 4 races as Humans, Orcs, NE, Undead. on the races page, in the press releases, on the main page, etc.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-09-2001, 02:41 AM
Post #9
Ox's Sending

Raider

I think the game will start out with you in the human or orc campaign, fighting amongst orcs and humans until, like in the first movie, the burning legion comes. Certain factions will band together for defense and to assault the burning legion. then the nightelves or undead(reversable) will have theirs, with a little bit of piss missions before they get tangled up in this, but the nightelves will start in conflict with the burning legion, history reasons. then the game's campaign will end in some spectacular battle, like in original starcraft.

folder icon   09-09-2001, 02:41 AM
Post #10
Ox's Sending

Raider

damn, i could explain it better to myself in my head...

folder icon   09-09-2001, 02:55 AM
Post #11
Platon38

Tauren Chieftain

i think that all races will fight the burning legion from the beginning. the humans and orcs wont fight that much.... i think that they'll try to "forget their past" and after all, the only reason they fought in the first place is because medivh was corrupted by the burning legion. well thats all over now (or so we think)

there's alot we don't know (we don't know anything)

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-09-2001, 05:56 AM
Post #12
Nimlot

Shaman

i think that the orcs and humans will fight... and when the burning legion comes... they will allie stil being very angry at each others not behaving polite

We [the U.S.] has over 200 incidents in which we have put our troops into other countries to force them to our will.
John Stockwell, former CIA official
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-09-2001, 06:42 AM
Post #13
Kayless

Catapult

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Raven of Narnia:
I think Doomhammer is just waiting to be killed, either by Thrall, Guldan, or maybe Guldan's death knights. I am guessing it will be Thrall because he is already a known legendary character.

</font>

From what Iíve read about LotC, Doomhammer was blood brothers with Thrallís late father Durotan and played a very patriarchal role for Thrall (he is even described as Ďthe quintessential grandfather Orcí). I believe he now serves as mentor for the young Warchief; his first hand experience and pragmatism helping Thrall more effectively lead the Horde. That doesnít discount the possibility of his death however (assuming he wasnít killed off in LotC) as it would prove quite dramatic for Thrallís trusted teacher to fall before the Burning Legion.

folder icon   09-10-2001, 04:31 AM
Post #14
elvenWarrior

Raider

yea, i reckon that the orcs and humans would start fighting each other in the beginnning as a continuation from warcraft 2. then the burning legion come in and both of them oppose them. The sad thing is, i strongly believe that the humans and orcs will join forces against the burning legion. This, i personally do not like. Anyway, a great hatred between the High Elves and the Night Elves will be GREAT! Though, there is a shortage in the number of High Elven units... this is an area they need to fix up if the high elves are to play a major part in war3.

The elven warriors will one day descend from the Holy Mountains and lay waste to the orcish horde.
folder icon   09-10-2001, 09:15 AM
Post #15
the unhallowed

Farseer

i think there is maybe an option we didnt think abuet . maybe the campigen system will be a bit like like heros of might &magic 3. 8 campigens each one is abuet 5 lvl's . the firest 4 will be easer and after it the next 4 will become harder it will let them be more "wild " with thier scripts

a spell was cast and the sky turned red
The angel's heart froze to ice
in his gloomy sky - the slience where dead angels lie

you owe me 5 dollers for reading
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-10-2001, 09:50 AM
Post #16
Demon Hunter Elite

Catapult

I think that the Orcs and Alliance will be having a tea party, and in their first few campaigns you have to help them with it. Then the burning legion comes As the NE are about to Crash the tea Party, and the undead waiters run away. Then everyone will throw tea cups and hot tea at the burning legion, leaving them horribly scarred and defeated.

-"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will utterly anihhalate me." -Some dude. Me, If I am correct. Who cares, Anyway?
folder icon   09-10-2001, 12:18 PM
Post #17
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

why does everyone think that the undead will fight the burning legion? in case you haven't noticed, the scourge is basically controlled by the burning legion.

folder icon   09-10-2001, 12:52 PM
Post #18
Urin_BloodfaceII

Demi-God

raven of narnia are youy sweedish or some thing ???

Orc human NE Scourge

folder icon   09-10-2001, 01:32 PM
Post #19
Oberiko

Headhunter

The Scourge are unwillingly controlled by the Legion (starting to sound like a WWF story line...) and are seeking a way to free themselves.

folder icon   09-10-2001, 04:06 PM
Post #20
Raven of Narnia

Farseer

No, I'm not Swedish, but I used to know somebody who was...she was hott too...Sweeeediiiissshhhhhhh....you know, the whole blonde stereotype thing...mmmmm

oops, I almost forgot, I was gonna say something: never mind, I can't remember now. Sweediish

I live in Michigan. I think that's part of Lordaeron right? I don't know

GREAT MOVIES=comedy1.Road trip 2.Me, Myself, and Irene 3.Mafia!thriller1.Usual Suspects 2.Seven 3.Taxi Driver
crime1.Pulp Fiction 2.Reservoir Dogs 3.Goodfellassci-fi1.Matrix 2.Minority Reportaction1.The Rock 2.Face/offwar1.Apocalypse Now 2.Deerhunter
folder icon   09-10-2001, 04:17 PM
Post #21
The Slayer

Tauren Chieftain

Lordaeron's getting razed first...

-Chieftan
folder icon   09-10-2001, 09:52 PM
Post #22
Sir Lothar the undead

Grunt

How dare you threathen the very land I call home. Move during the day, but hide at dusk, for my legion of the dead will animate and roam the land to protect the name of Lordaeron

[IMG]www.kirschmann.ch/lotus/Lazer_Blue-023.jpg[/img]
folder icon   09-13-2001, 06:57 PM
Post #23
sweetmisery

Kodo Beast

remember, Blizzard said there will be a tutorial at first - where you will play as orcs, then humans will start the campaign... the way I see it, at the tutorial, you will be fighting with the humans, at the end of that tutorial, a cut scene of the BL arriving, so starts the campaign...

no way you can chain me
I am your debts,
no way you can pay me
I am your pain,
and I know you can't take me!

---Triple H!
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-13-2001, 07:15 PM
Post #24
Daggoth

Headhunter

i say, humans start by killing orcs and visa versa, then comes that big demon guy and BOOM (sadly) humans and orcs forget one another untill orc campaign. then comes the almighty orcs, they lay waste to the burning legon and then to the undead, then nf, then they remember about the humans and BAM! end orc campaign. then the nf...who cares about them. then come the undead, they waste the humans, have a little touble with the nf, more trouble with the orcs, then the BIGBIG duke fest with the burning legon to see who goes to hell first. end game story line. but, in the end, the orcs will triumph over all the world of azaroth and beyond. TADA!

folder icon   09-13-2001, 10:09 PM
Post #25
The_Lone_Gunman*

Overlord

you will have the chance to fight ll races equaly in the ocrse of the campainge blizzard useualy did that with sc...

im sure that the humans win, cuz that was the point of all previous warcraft games

Be respectful of your superiors, if you have any.~ Mark Twain
Actually, It turns out I'm the President of the Forums, and forgot.
http://forumsx.net/showthread.php?t=26044&page=3&pp=35
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-14-2001, 09:21 PM
Post #26
~Crusader~

Ranger

Mailpouch on Burning Legion

You pitiful newbie worms j/k

Dont get me goin on the storyline...

There is no real definate one right now that blizzard has released (or will ever release) so right now its up in the air.

I doubt Gul'dan will be back...hes long dead and Ner'Zhul has taken his place.

Medievh is a possibility but in the interview with BilL Roper he hinted that it wasnt Medievh.

Sargeras is going to play a big role along with Kil'Jaden. Most likely Kil'Jaden will be ruling over the Daemons.

Mostly the Alliance is dead. Darlan is now part of the undead (which almost gave me a heartattack) Stromgarde and Gilneas hate Lorderon, while Azeroth is still in shambles along with Alterac. Kul'Tiras is mostly destroyed yet it is really the only faithful Kingdom left to the Alliance. I would expect some civil war in War3.

The orcs with their new leader will most likely try to take down the Burning Leigon along with every other race.

Ner'zhul is leading the Undead yet their Storyline is very unclear, but most likely they will be like the old orcs...destroy everything in their path.

Thats mostly what the storyline will be like based on the past history of the World of Warcraft.

Exception the Night Elves, i have high expections that the Night Elves will mostly take on the undead. They will probably leave the Humans and Orcs alone.

Anyway...Any questions?

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-14-2001, 09:44 PM
Post #27
Draupner

Tauren

The struggle in the ranks of the alliance should be caused by the burning Legion dark influence. Just as they corrupted the orcs in warI and II they have now slowly initiated their corruption of humans. Some of the humans aren't corrupted yet however so they fight against the corrupted ones. Another important thing is that we will not be able to see they are corrupted only in the end will it be revealed to us that they have sided with the burning legion. Thus there will still be many battles between orcs and humans and NE and humans because some of them are now pets and slaves for the legion.

Kill them with swords, kill them with lances and spears. Kill them with the bolts of your crossbows. Kill their warriors, kill their women and their children, their elderly and their sick. Kill their hounds, cattle and their livestock. But above all, kill with pleasure.

Dark Elf captain Daerkhil
folder icon   09-15-2001, 12:12 AM
Post #28
Raven of Narnia

Farseer

I think it would add a great twist to find out at the end of the game with the alliance that you were in fact the ones corrupted. Although you thought you were the good guys, you were in fact doing the destruction

folder icon   09-17-2001, 03:09 AM
Post #29
elvenWarrior

Raider

Raven, you a Bon Jovi fan??? Cool, i am too. My fav one is Crossroads though... cause they have most of the best

The elven warriors will one day descend from the Holy Mountains and lay waste to the orcish horde.
folder icon   09-17-2001, 12:37 PM
Post #30
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Raven of Narnia:
I think it would add a great twist to find out at the end of the game with the alliance that you were in fact the ones corrupted. Although you thought you were the good guys, you were in fact doing the destruction</font>
haha, yeah that'd be hilarious, i have a couple of friends who want to play human b/c they are noble and good and all that stuff... it'd be great to rub that in their face

folder icon   09-19-2001, 01:19 PM
Post #31
Urin_BloodfaceII

Demi-God

Orcs : theyll run and hide and they will gather troops and get a country of theyr own (like braveheart).

Humans will kill BL with the help off a nice orc leader and and NE

Return to Top  

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: