ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > General Gaming Discussion > Night Elves' Strategy: It's Good to Run Away and Live to Fight Another Day!
Search this Thread:

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Night Elves' Strategy: It's Good to Run Away and Live to Fight Another Day!  
folder icon   11-24-2001, 09:43 AM
Night Elves' Strategy: It's Good to Run Away and Live to Fight Another Day! Post #1
Jecrell Darkscale

Shaman

As blizzard has stated many many many times that the unfinalized strategy of the Night Elves will be the Hit and Run approach.

Now so far the Night Elves can do the following things.

Shadowmeld for defense

Uproot Fast and weak Treants, or Strong and Slow Treants, which are actually their buildings.

Majors in Ranged Attacks.

This is all the perfect formula for moving the entire base to a whole new area. The Night Elves don't have to expand their territory for more gold! They can just up and move on to another area! They can also regrow their wood stockpiles!

If the Night Elves are seen by an enemy group of 3 footman scouting, they can uproot, and attack, then move their base to confuse the enemies forces, and literally BAFFLE THEM TO DEATH!

Also Night Elf archers and assasins can camp near enemie areas so they can see whats going on, and perhaps do a little "hit and run" which quickly puts you on the advantage point, if you are the Night Elves.

Man, I feel enlightened, feel free to post your thoughts and added strategy.

"A clan shall be born.
A clan without fear,
a clan without remorse,
a clan with no tears ,
a clan of the dark lores.

What could this mean?
Oh you'll see, you'll see." - Myself
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-24-2001, 10:09 AM
Post #2
Jecrell Darkscale

Shaman

Whaaaaat?

No responses????

Well I guess I'll be going to sleep...

All you early morning bastards feel free to drop by this thread and make some intelligent posts.... or flame me behind my back...... your choice.

"A clan shall be born.
A clan without fear,
a clan without remorse,
a clan with no tears ,

What could this mean?
folder icon   11-24-2001, 10:21 AM
Post #3
rubbereruben

Shaman

These are some really great ideas...

folder icon   11-24-2001, 10:23 AM
Post #4
rubbereruben

Shaman

These are some really great ideas...
or you could uproot your base and place it 'behind' the enemy's base and then attack with everything you got...
or place everywhere on the map assassins and kill the incoming troops slowly with poison attacks... keep up the good thinking

folder icon   11-24-2001, 11:33 AM
Post #5
Socrates

Catapult

Location: A country of mystery and darkness located in the very north of Europe

I doubt that you will be able to uproot all the NE buildings. A moving tower (I think Blizzard has stated that the NE will have a sunkencoloni-like tower) is just to powerful.

You can also use the shadowmeld ability to hide your archers just outside your mainbase so that you can surround your opponent when he's attacking.

Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-24-2001, 12:11 PM
Post #6
spuk

Raider

Night elves will own!!

"If God made something, girls are his creation..."
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-24-2001, 12:53 PM
Post #7
Tundra

Tauren

Since the NE buildings will be so slow I doubt getting up and moving often will be a useful stratagy. Plus, There will probably be some essential buildings (such as upgrade buildings) that cannot get up, like in SC.

However, it may be useful to build a base and mine, then buld an expansion and when your resources are gone in your primary base, get up and move. Then do the same with your expansion. Kind of like a leapfrog effect. By moving your 2 bases rather than always building new ones.

folder icon   11-24-2001, 01:46 PM
Post #8
Platon38

Tauren Chieftain

Ure right all except that the night elves can't regrow trees no more

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-24-2001, 03:41 PM
Post #9
Bolt

Headhunter

Um maybe the Ne need some nerfing hehe.
Newbies = Alliance
Pros = Ne

folder icon   11-24-2001, 04:39 PM
Post #10
Xenthar

Dread Lord

heh now whos the newbie? you proof you are by saying that Alliance rips the NE man. RTS is not about hit and run. its about units like knights who do a powerfull front attack! 99.9% of the RTS games are won by that tactic, and not by hit & run. heh, i know now your saying that 99.9% of the gamers is newbe and 0.1% of the gamers are the pros, forget it

And forget the movin' town. It is true there are NE buildings that cant move. Hopefully blizz is gonna change that, cause it would rule if all buildings could uproot.

That 'sunken colony-like towers' CAN actually move, dont they? i thought so anyways...

I think everyone has the wrong idea of the NE. I think they will much more rely on their druids and their dryads & sentinels. But thats just me, we'll see

folder icon   11-24-2001, 04:50 PM
Post #11
Scorch Hellfire

Wyvern Rider

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xenthar:
heh now whos the newbie? you proof you are by saying that Alliance rips the NE man. RTS is not about hit and run. its about units like knights who do a powerfull front attack! 99.9% of the RTS games are won by that tactic, and not by hit & run. heh, i know now your saying that 99.9% of the gamers is newbe and 0.1% of the gamers are the pros, forget it

And forget the movin' town. It is true there are NE buildings that cant move. Hopefully blizz is gonna change that, cause it would rule if all buildings could uproot.

That 'sunken colony-like towers' CAN actually move, dont they? i thought so anyways...

I think everyone has the wrong idea of the NE. I think they will much more rely on their druids and their dryads & sentinels. But thats just me, we'll see

</font>

I thought it is a rPs.

From the ashes of war we came...
From the magics of a foolish race we came...
And now we come again, with one solitary thing in mind...
TOTAL DOMINATION!
We come again at the beginning of a new reign, The Reign of Chaos, a reign that we will implement to scower the name of the Burning Legion across the universe as the ruler of all worlds!
So where there is war, we will be there...
Where there is death, we will be there...
And where there is pain, hatred, and evil, we will be there!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

---------------------
?Hola! Me llamo Scorch Hellfire. ?Y bienvinidos a Infierno S!

I only flame those who deserve it so CONSIDER YOURSELF ASHES!

Certified Scourge Cultist (tm)
~Demon Warlock~
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-24-2001, 05:29 PM
Post #12
NightElfArcher

Spirit Wolf

I agree when they say that the NE's will probably be hit and run.. but not to the exclusion of having a stand. I picture a bunch of archers (cloaked would be nicer) waiting for a group of knights or other fast moving units. They rain down their arrows, killing some, weakening others, then dash behind a back up force of sentinels, druids, or whatever hard-hitting units the NE's have. Sure the knights might be stronger one on one, but because they are weakened already, they'll be wiped out. Sure some of you might argue that the knights of course will have healers and stuff, but I remember a post where it said that a group will move only as fast as its slowest unit. So that just means the archers have time to weaken more units, and sniper out the healers.

folder icon   11-24-2001, 05:37 PM
Post #13
Tall Dark Handsome 2

Warlock

Ne-hit and run/traps

Horde-all-out physical power attack

Alliance-slow, defensive crawl attack

Scourge-overwhelm with numbers attack

BL-magic power attack (usually with infernals)

And apologies to FlameBurst, for stealing your flag

AYE??
-Isefer
folder icon   11-24-2001, 06:14 PM
Post #14
NightElfArcher

Spirit Wolf

just wondering... how do I get my avatar up?

folder icon   11-24-2001, 06:19 PM
Post #15
WarCraftIII
Banned

lol im an ne and i saw ur mom walking down the street and sniped her wiith poison arrow... she died

folder icon   11-25-2001, 03:02 AM
Post #16
Jecrell Darkscale

Shaman

At least some people replied.

The Night Elves have a strategy like none other, and they totally match the definition of hit and run.

"A clan shall be born.
A clan without fear,
a clan without remorse,
a clan with no tears ,

What could this mean?
folder icon   11-26-2001, 02:05 AM
Post #17
Dinze

Raider

like so many people have told me before.. the teams will be balanced so there wont be any better then the other, ure NE strat sounds pretty good but lets say the 3 footmen scouting be a decoy (i used this star in SC against terran) they are slowly getting along and u send a decent sized force, not too big, and stir em up a bit leave your main force in the most likly place they will excape to and kill em when they run into u

shadowmeld only works at night

therefore u would keep a hero with a day stone and use to just b4 u attack so there are no shadowmelded units near u.

moving builds are classified a gaints (i reckon) therefore human DMK will be able to make them yip.

all will be equal and in the end only map variations and player skill will be the factors that determin who win.

that probably made no sense...

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-26-2001, 02:14 AM
Post #18
Zorax

Sig Nazi

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xenthar:

</font>

Someone who's good at dirty, hit & run tactics will always beat the Dragoon mass producer. It's just that no one tries (except the pros).

folder icon   11-26-2001, 06:59 AM
Post #19
Xenthar

Dread Lord

Of course you are right, Z. If you are good at it, micro will always win vs massing. But since its a lot easier to be good at massing large armies, most people will just do that.

I know this is an other game than the regular RTS, with more strategy and more combat oriented instead of town management, and i think thats good.

I hope hit and run will have a much more effectiveness than in previous games, and it probably will, though i dont think it will be more effective than the old massing strat.

Also, modal spells make massing easier. I know there are a lot things in war3 that make it difficult, but modal spells make it a lot easier. Just send a bunch of footmen + riflemen + priests, and the priests will heal the whole thingy. Nothing to look at, let them go, and while they attack you can mess around in your town (little exaggerated ).

This is why i think that the whole hit and run tactic is exaggerated (again that word). The NE will probably mostly attack with a nice front attack force consisting of druid, archers, a hero, some sentinels etc and maybe a treant.

folder icon   11-26-2001, 09:39 AM
Post #20
GLENN_3E

Shadow Hunter

look if u think hitand run is gonna win ur game then i guess ill be seeing u complaining in the forums soon bout u losing many battles.

I tihnk the hit and run stuff is just to distract the opponent while u build up a decent force to destroy their base. (arrows dont work well with buildings u know)

folder icon   11-26-2001, 10:15 AM
Post #21
Demon Hunter Elite

Catapult

Arrows can damage a building any day, Well, in modern times. Say someone shot an arrow, and it hit a building's gas tank. Say it made a spark, then BOOM. The whole place explodes.

-"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will utterly anihhalate me." -Some dude. Me, If I am correct. Who cares, Anyway?
folder icon   11-26-2001, 10:20 AM
Post #22
Caj Darkmoon

Arch Druid

I think I'm going to cry....
Finally, people who agree with me.....
I think that the NE hit an' run strat is going to be awesome. If things go like I think they will, hit & run will be as big as rush and wall in. Also, think about ambush hit and run. This could be more effective in many situations.

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: