newthread reply WDP Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Final Fantasy XI  
folder icon   11-25-2003, 01:09 PM
Final Fantasy XI Post #1
deathofspam

Arch Druid

Allright, as alot of you know, I have lately become addicted to FF XI, due to it's wonderfully fun MMORPG-edness. For those wishing to get some MMO experience in before WoW comes out, I highly suggest getting this game, because the quests are good and chalenging, The classes are varried, and through the use of your equipment, your character look is very customizable. The penalty for death is not overly harsh (1/10 the experience needed to reach your next level) and the party system is fun. To form a truely effective party, atleast 1 member from each of the standard classes should be used. So if you are interested in getting it, and want to end up on a single server, then I cna get world passes to get everyone onto Ramuh. This will let us all for a group, and rule yet another world!!!

"What makes a person so poisonous righteous, that they think less of anyone who dares disagree?"
-Moxy Fr?vous
DarkJesterZero1: your on my "Would have sex with list"
She wants a donkey punch, trust me. - Darkwolf
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-25-2003, 06:53 PM
Post #2
FlameBurst

Night Elf Ranger

Ach, mein Spamly. I tried before to tell people about this, and they wouldn't listen

Anyways, I'll totally get the game after I scrape up the cash for my own comp, which, thanks to my good buddy, will only take 2 or so months. Now to find a job...

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-26-2003, 05:00 AM
Post #3
Jeltz

Demi-God

I thought of buying it, but I probably wont. I have alot of things that I should do, so I don't want to get more distracted than I already am. I'm currently considering if it's a good idea getting it at christmas. But currently I don't think I want to.

I eat robots for breakfast with syrup A(CBRT)
Show me! show you! Kikkomaan!

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-26-2003, 06:11 AM
Post #4
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

Me have no credit card .

And even if I did, the only reason why I really wanna play it is to ride a Chocobo .

Are the quests solo-friendly?

folder icon   11-26-2003, 09:03 AM
Post #5
deathofspam

Arch Druid

There are solo and grouped quests. Most every quest can infact eventually be done solo, but it is miuch much easier with a goup to do them at the same time you level

"What makes a person so poisonous righteous, that they think less of anyone who dares disagree?"
-Moxy Fr?vous
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-27-2003, 10:30 PM
Post #6
Majin-Farley

Paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathofspam
Allright, as alot of you know, I have lately become addicted to FF XI, due to it's wonderfully fun MMORPG-edness. For those wishing to get some MMO experience in before WoW comes out, I highly suggest getting this game, because the quests are good and chalenging, The classes are varried, and through the use of your equipment, your character look is very customizable. The penalty for death is not overly harsh (1/10 the experience needed to reach your next level) and the party system is fun. To form a truely effective party, atleast 1 member from each of the standard classes should be used. So if you are interested in getting it, and want to end up on a single server, then I cna get world passes to get everyone onto Ramuh. This will let us all for a group, and rule yet another world!!!

FIne!! I'll get it! But If I don't like it I am going to kill you!

Actually I've been thinking about getting ti anyway

folder icon   11-27-2003, 10:32 PM
Post #7
deathofspam

Arch Druid

Send me a pm if you do infact get it so i can get you a world pass

-Moxy Fr?vous
folder icon   12-26-2003, 04:32 AM
Post #8
Majin-Farley

Paladin

You're gonna have to help me out a little, I'm kinda lost hehe.

folder icon   12-27-2003, 03:28 PM
Post #9
LunarElemental

Arch Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathofspam

not a harsh penalty for dying? -_-
Do you know how many times I lvld down in one day once? I was lvl 15, hit 16 4 times, and managed to slip back to lvl 15 again all times, and ended up with a lvl 15 hal-way to lvl 16. Oh well I'm just bitter because those damn goblins start chasin you for no reason.

Anyways, what's better... exp chaining small mosnters or fighting the really big one for the motheload of exp? I keep on telling my party we should chain instead because we always end up dying, but they just tell me we should do skill chains on big monsters... then everyone fails at it misserably and we end up dying. I've NEVER seen a skill chain executed properly.

"My spirit burns like the sun and i shall dry you like a prune."

pappskalle.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   12-27-2003, 03:32 PM
Post #10
deathofspam

Arch Druid

What server are you on Lunar?

-Moxy Fr?vous
folder icon   12-27-2003, 05:21 PM
Post #11
Arctic_Sniper

Night Elf Ranger

I got SWG, so unfortunately I can't join ya.

CowUltrapunk: cuz u left the window open
folder icon   12-31-2003, 04:08 AM
Post #12
FlameBurst

Night Elf Ranger

Things are looking up for me right now, so I'm close (a few months) to getting my own computer. Well, that is if my luck keeps up...

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   12-31-2003, 10:55 PM
Post #13
Majin-Farley

Paladin

That's It, I'm addicted now. There's no going back. Not until WoW comes out anyway. I'm going for a samurai with a subjob of black mage.

Edit: Screw that, that sounds kinda dumb. I think i'll go for dragoon with a samurai subjob

Last edited by Majin-Farley on 01-10-2004 at 06:44 PM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-02-2004, 10:53 PM
Post #14
Sadistic

War Chief

Sorry to resurrect this semi-dead topic, but I just wanted to get a definite answer to: Should I buy this game?

Heh. If I don't get into WoW beta I'm highly considering buying it, but I don't wanna be disappointed again like with SWG. From what I've read, it looks awesome, and I think It'll definitely keep me occuipied for at least a few months until WoW comes out. So... would you people who have played it (please don't respond if you personally haven't played it) recommend it highly?

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-03-2004, 12:13 AM
Post #15
deathofspam

Arch Druid

Well, i think i got majin and jov hooked. The freeness of the classes is what really makes me enjoy this. The classes can be pretty endlessly switched around, and sub classed to make a character how ever the hell you want him to be. I suggest it, but well, you all know i suggest it, so i am going to leave any more speaking abnout it up to majin and jov

-Moxy Fr?vous
folder icon   02-03-2004, 12:15 AM
Post #16
Majin-Farley

Paladin

I would. I find it to be pretty fun. There are so many things to do although it's not as quest-based as WoW will be but it is kinda close considering over half of the jobs you have to do a quest to do. For any questions you might have just head over to http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/

folder icon   02-03-2004, 01:15 AM
Post #17
Sadistic

War Chief

Alright.. I'll check out that site. I been gettin most my info from http://ffvault.ign.com/. As long as the game will keep me occupied for a few months then that's great. I just really need something to tide me over till WoW.

By the way, if you guys haven't seen this, it's really really well done and cool..

http://ffvault.ign.com/?dir=movies first movie there.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
Return to Top  

newthread reply WDP Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: