ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > General Gaming Discussion > GTA 4 - Discuss
Search this Thread:

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

GTA 4 - Discuss  
folder icon   02-29-2008, 07:57 AM
GTA 4 - Discuss Post #1
Rastyn

Critter

Well the time is drawing on untill GTA 4 comes out - probabley some time next year but what are your thoughts , what would you really like them to add for next time.

me - i would love them to make the cars more realistic to drive. i dont know about you guys but that would be amazing for me.
i tell u what would be evan better and that is the idea of real cars now that would be kewl crusing down the highway in a ferrari 360

I am really looking forward to this game and im shore it will provide yet ANOTHER lot of sleepless nights

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Post #2
food

Overlord

I saw on the news yesterday that they're trying to outlaw the GTA games because apparently they're evil and this new one is gonna warp every child in America into being a psycho killer.

Personally I can't wait to play it.

folder icon   03-06-2008, 11:56 PM
Post #3
Kris

StarCraft Live
Webmaster

It's due out April 29th for Xbox 360 and PS3... I have a 360 and I can hardly wait, it looks freaking sweet.

Fun Infused Games | My Blog | Smooth Operator | Evilscale | Wellplayed.net
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Post #4
IKickPuppies

Assassin

As long as there's no more open country. It really sucked when you crashed into a river and had swim like a mile to get to shore, then trek for another mile or two before you finally found a vehicle out in the sticks. As for driving, I'm never really satisfied until I get a manual transmission, but I'm not sure that would lend itself too well to GTA because it might make doing drive bys really hard.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Post #5
Kris

StarCraft Live
Webmaster

Probably more than anything, the controllers just don't have enough buttons to do all the fun stuff and have shift up/down controls too.

And it would be pretty hard to do drivebys while having to worry about shifting too.

There are quite a selection of multiplayer modes for the Xbox version too, which should be a lot of fun. I can't wait to see what online play is like for GTA, it's about time the series has it.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-15-2008, 11:33 PM
Post #6
~Crusader~

Ranger

Mailpouch on Burning Legion

I know this may seem hypocritical of me to say on a late Warcraft 3 fan site, but...

GTA 4 just looks like more of the same thing, over and over again. The 3rd one was fun, but the expansions really added very little, I doubt I'll make an investment in it. The franchise seems to be a "been there done that" one for me.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-29-2008, 02:13 AM
Post #7
mirey86
Banned

people are expecting the ps3 version to be worse off compared to the 360 - i think it will propbably at least match it, and beat it in some aspects. unless that link is unreliable, the 360 version has quite bad pop-up unless u install on hard drive (earlier version of code -could be fixed) never even knew u could install any games on 360.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   06-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Post #8
Kris

StarCraft Live
Webmaster

I'm not aware of that ability on the XBox... that is what you have to do on the PS3 though.

I didn't see any popup issues, the game looks great. The PS3 I think is supposed to have sharper textures but isn't all that much better.

What the Xbox version has going for it is the downloadable content that Microsoft paid big money to have exclusively for the Xbox. It hasn't been released yet and details are few, but don't be surprized if it's a whole new island to explore. It potentially could be huge, too bad for PS3 owners.

Of course... i don't really even play the game much anymore. Too repetative IMO. I got my 30 hours or so of gameplay and had fun, but either it's too easy or I'm too damn good and I'm sick of playing non-challenging missions and driving back and forth between spots on the map.

folder icon   06-29-2008, 02:41 AM
Post #9
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Strawberry on the Shortcake

in my opinion, GTA is the second most overhyped series in the history of video games(the most overhyped being, of course, Halo). San Andreas actually surprised me by being more different from previous installments than i had expected, but the series overall still seems lackluster to me. the sandbox element is pretty fun to play with for a while, but thats about it.

folder icon   06-29-2008, 02:55 AM
Post #10
Kris

StarCraft Live
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planet_Buster
in my opinion, GTA is the second most overhyped series in the history of video games(the most overhyped being, of course, Halo). San Andreas actually surprised me by being more different from previous installments than i had expected, but the series overall still seems lackluster to me. the sandbox element is pretty fun to play with for a while, but thats about it.

You take that back... Halo is awesome.

GTA sells like hotcakes... it got great reviews... but I do agree that they fun wears off after a while. Too much of the same IMO.

folder icon   06-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Post #11
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

pff. im not saying Halo is bad. its average at best, though. Halo 3 is admittedly the best of the series. it is pretty fun to play with multiple players in Forge mode even though theres no point and no end to it... i just like creating stuff on the fly to ream the other person with.

folder icon   06-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Post #12
Kris

StarCraft Live
Webmaster

I think Halo 3 is great... it's the entire reason I bought an Xbox 360.

I only own two games for my 360, Halo 3 and GTA 4.

folder icon   06-29-2008, 05:47 PM
Post #13
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

well then, perhaps you can explain it to me: whats so great about it? i just cant think of any area in which its gameplay is noticeably better than any other average shooter on the market.

folder icon   06-29-2008, 09:46 PM
Post #14
Kris

StarCraft Live
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planet_Buster
well then, perhaps you can explain it to me: whats so great about it? i just cant think of any area in which its gameplay is noticeably better than any other average shooter on the market.

The single player game is solid, but multiplayer is really where the game shines (and you pretty much need to be an Xbox Live subscriber to get the full value out of that area). It's just got a great balance of weapons and pace... I'm not a big fan of some of the other FPS games where you're constantly hiding and then kill (or be killed) with a single shot. You can spend time sniping if you really like, but you can also run around like a madman (to a certain extent, you still have to stay under cover).

It's also one of those games that doesn't seem that deep at first blush, but once you start getting good at the game, you realize all the little things you can do to help you win. There aren't a lot of kills that feel cheap in Halo, the game makes you earn them.

The most fun I've had is when i get in groups with my real life friends and play... we used to do some capture the flag matches mostly, and with my acctually friends, there seems to be a good deal of strategy involved. Playing with strangers isn't as fun, because then everyone seems to kinda do your own thing.

folder icon   07-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Post #15
Kjell Thusaud

War Chief

Micky Mouse on Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastyn
I would love them to make the cars more realistic to drive. I don't know about you guys but that would be amazing for me.
I tell you what would be even better and that is the idea of real cars now that would be cool crusing down the highway in a Ferrari 360

You should try that game Mafia, there is a sequel coming out shortly and they will likely maintain the level of realism they had in the original.

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   08-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Post #16
IKickPuppies

Assassin

I didn't really like the original Mafia, mostly due to the horrible and frequent load times. While that's no longer an issue, the problem now is that I've grown tired of the formula. GTA:3, Vice City, and San Andreas were awesome games. The problem is that I played them all the time, my roommate played them all the time, people that came over played it, people at other peoples' houses played... I got so sick of seeing it that I'm completely burnt out on the series and its legions of clones, even now. The missions are generally uninspired, and I've already created all the general havoc I can stomach. Maybe in a few years I'll be in the mood to give it another shot, but at the moment I have no desire to go out and buy what's essentially a graphical update of a game I not only own but have played to death. Well, alright, so I'll be buying Madden '09 pretty soon, but that's besides the point.

Regarding Halo, I can't speak for multiplayer, but the campaign of the original was pretty good. The biggest drawback for me is that you're shooting aliens. I like FPS, but I want to shoot highly intelligent people. Games like Half-Life and F.E.A.R. are more my style. Also, more shooters should have co-op mode. It's freakin' awesome.

Last edited by IKickPuppies on 08-20-2008 at 06:44 PM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   08-22-2008, 09:15 AM
Post #17
Kjell Thusaud

War Chief

Micky Mouse on Crack

I don't like shooters with things jumping out going "boo!" I got bad nerves for that sort of thing.

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   08-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Post #18
suneelkumar85
Banned

people are expecting the ps3 version to be worse off compared to the 360 - i think it will propbably at least match it, and beat it in some aspects. unless that link is unreliable, the 360 version has quite bad pop-up unless u install on hard drive (earlier version of code -could be fixed) never even knew u could install any games on 360.

folder icon   01-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Post #19
sravani23451
Banned

I have approximaletly 4000000, I stole many Turismos and sold to Stevie. Please tell how much money do you have, and how exactly did you get it.

Return to Top  

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: