newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

HOTON: lets play  Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »
folder icon   09-17-2006, 10:58 AM
HOTON: lets play Post #1
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

you (all of you) are gathered on the SACRED HIll; which is a 500 foot by 500 foot mound of dirt. in the top of the hill is a pool of PURE WATER and in the middle of this pool grows a HOLY TREE.
night is falling, and the DAWN OF SUMMER CERIMONY begins

all the tribes are there--man women and child. the women begin dancing around the tree/pool singing a sacred song in a language taught only to the Women who come of age (twelve).

children race around the hill, and even the infants do not cry.

those who are of age but have not passed the TEST OF MANHOOD sit with the olld ones and pass the GODGON (opium drink, religious) around.

the men stand in a ring outside of the women, and one by one walks through the dancing storm to drink from the water and offer three drops of blood into the water to plenish the tree with the life of the tribe (they use a stone knife shapened into a razor edge)

all men and women are welcome in any of these circles.

WHERE DO YOU GO?

Я ни псих или героя

Listen to my words. Fear not for I am an Angel, I Love you and I will guide you. ~ Malkavian Bible

"I am only a Product of your Necessity"
~ Jack The Prophet, The Book of Jack
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-17-2006, 12:55 PM
Post #2
Darkassasinr

Tauren

I go to the ring of people, to participate in the cerimony.

folder icon   09-17-2006, 01:05 PM
Post #3
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

as you await your turn (assuming you wish to purify your self with the water) a man sits down beside where you stand. you have seen this man before, he is foreign and dresses in bizzare dark colored clothing of such no one has ever owned in any tribe. his name is faygin'a.

he appears to be in his late thirties to late forties, but its hard to tell with foreigners.
no one knows where he came from, all that is known is that he travels tribe to tribe to speak with the Priests (witch) and the AshadE. this is the first time he has ever approached you, and never has he acknowaledged you in the past.
he is whispered to be magical, because he breaths yellow smoke from a carved hollow stick. (smoking has not yet been discovered the the tribes)

he does not look at you, but he speaks

"will you assist me? that water there, by the sacrid tree thing...could you bring some back to me?"

then he stands, takes a puff, and walks away leaving a sweet smelling mist that stings your eyes.

he goes to the OLD MAN circle and partakes in drink.

Я ни псих или героя

Listen to my words. Fear not for I am an Angel, I Love you and I will guide you. ~ Malkavian Bible

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-17-2006, 01:14 PM
Post #4
Darkassasinr

Tauren

I enter the ring and partake of the purifying ritual, in my hand I take some of the water and carry it, concealed, to the strange man.

Before giving him the water, I ask what purpose he has for it.

folder icon   09-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Post #5
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

instead of answering your question he holds out a half filled GodGon jug, signaling for you to drop it in.

"does eternal life interest you? if so do not ask my intent, but merely my alleigance"

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-17-2006, 02:11 PM
Post #6
Darkassasinr

Tauren

I pour the water into the jug, and ask what he knows of how to combat hoton(as in death).

folder icon   09-17-2006, 05:22 PM
Post #7
Bryndon

Chaos Blademaster

I'll make my way to the ceremony also, hoping to participate in the ritual and enjoy the mass brotherhood and fellowship for a while before anyone asks me if I've actually caught any food this week.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Post #8
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

BRYNDON

as you join the circle one of the women dances reaches out her hand to you...in this culture this is a show of deep friendship...or a desire for a relatioship.
it also has never been done before.

you have never seen this women before, her skin is like snow, her eyes are like ice, and her hair is like nightshade.
she is well formed and figured, and has an enticing smile.

her hand his there for you...

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Post #9
Bryndon

Chaos Blademaster

I'll take her hands. "You're reaching out for the wrong person, but until the other man gets here, I'll dance with you."

folder icon   09-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Post #10
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

BRYDON

as she pulls you into the circle of dancers, she begins a different type of dance, one youve never seen before...she moves in circles around you...

i rolled for it

you see DarkAssasinr coming back from the water with cupped hands...(only you saw it, he did a good job of hiding it) and disapear outside of the circle.

her dance continues.

she is smiling and laughing and it is as though only you and her exist.
you feel strange somehow.

suddenly she breaks into a run away from the circle.

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-17-2006, 05:53 PM
Post #11
Bryndon

Chaos Blademaster

I'm tempted to ask if she's running at a "I should follow her" speed or a "I am going to disappear when I reach the edge of the circle and you won't find me until later on in the plot" speed...

I'm curious as to what darkassassinr is up to, so I'll make my way over to him and see what I can see. Hopefully the strange foreign woman isn't a master of stealthy movement and will leave tracks to follow.

folder icon   09-17-2006, 07:56 PM
Post #12
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

the speed of running is playful run...like she knows a game that you dont.

if you choose to go to Darkassasinr, you will have to wait for his reply to dictate what you see...

if you follow the woman, you will get to the edge of the hill to find her tracks simply stop. its like she stopped and then vanished

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Post #13
Bryndon

Chaos Blademaster

I wave to the woman and blow her a kiss before looking for darkassassinr. I'd rather stay back than engage in direct confronation with him.

folder icon   09-17-2006, 08:14 PM
Post #14
Darkassasinr

Tauren

I listen intently for the man's reply, wary of my surroundings.

folder icon   09-18-2006, 09:01 AM
Post #15
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

Is it too late to join?

I'm 14! Do I get to take the test of manhood yet?

folder icon   09-18-2006, 09:39 AM
Post #16
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

Darkassasinr

he stands and says he will teach you to ward off death if you give him the water into the jug, says his alleagance is to "That which is forgotten"

Bryndon

you over her the words "wards off death" and "that which is forgotton"

GRUNT

welcome aboard matey!

as an Ashade, you bypass the test of man hood, however you are a holy man, and it is very superstitious world we live in. you are welcome in any of the circles
also your powes are giving you a very uneasy feeling right now...like something is coming...

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-18-2006, 12:22 PM
Post #17
~Crusader~

Ranger

Mailpouch on Burning Legion

Sorry about being late about this.

I walk towards the line of men, uttering a small wish to be purified in body and spirit.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-18-2006, 04:17 PM
Post #18
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

I make my way to the ceremony, eager to join, but keeping an eye out for anything suspicious. If I don't see anything scary soon, I'll probably dismiss my feelings as paranoia, though.

folder icon   09-18-2006, 05:09 PM
Post #19
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

GRUNT

as you join the ceremony you receave reverred bows from the others; they are allowing you to go to the water before them...you also, with your faint uease notice a young women with snowy skin run off away from a lad.

CRUSADER

ahead of you is the ASHADE (GRUNT) you know he is holy, but also....different somehow.

by tradition you should alow him to go, and find another spot in the circle...

but, as all who have never met one, there is a vague curiosity to the Ashade's ways...rumor says they were all once insane...others say they lived among the monkeys in the monkey den far to the east.

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-18-2006, 05:47 PM
Post #20
Darkassasinr

Tauren

I ask the man, How do we remember that which has been forgotten?

folder icon   09-18-2006, 06:14 PM
Post #21
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

DARKASSASINR

he looks you in the eye and whispers; "i know many things...give me the water--into the jug....and i will show you wondrs. but i grow weary of this, pour the water into the jug or be gone."

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-18-2006, 06:18 PM
Post #22
Bryndon

Chaos Blademaster

Curiosity gets the better of me. I want to join in on Darkassassinr's conversation, so I'll walk right up.

folder icon   09-18-2006, 06:21 PM
Post #23
Darkassasinr

Tauren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkassasinr
I pour the water into the jug.
Ahem~

I take a cautious step placing myself directly inbetween bryndon and the strange man. I lean in close and ask again, "How do we remember that which has been forgotten? Please impart upon me your knowledge."

folder icon   09-18-2006, 06:55 PM
Post #24
Bryndon

Chaos Blademaster

metagamer !

I'm still walking up to darkassassinr and joining in the conversation with the strange man

folder icon   09-18-2006, 07:09 PM
Post #25
~Crusader~

Ranger

Mailpouch on Burning Legion

I place my hand on the Ashade's shoulder and give a slight nod of my head asking of his name.

I cringe somewhat anticipating his reply, not sure if I have made an error or not.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-18-2006, 07:14 PM
Post #26
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

my apolligies Darkassasinr, didnt see that.

Darkassasinr

he lends in close and whispers, i will find you in two nights.
and then he turns to face BRYNDON

Bryndon

the old man stands and nods a greeting to you; there is a curious glint in his eyes...k

CRUSADER.

now is a conversation between you and GRUNT, wait till gruint gets back, and then carry on the talk in this thread.

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-18-2006, 07:32 PM
Post #27
Darkassasinr

Tauren

I smile at bryndon, and walk back toward the dancing circle, taking in all the scenery.

folder icon   09-18-2006, 08:29 PM
Post #28
Bryndon

Chaos Blademaster

I smile and wave at the stranger, hoping to make him feel at home.

"Hello! I couldn't help but notice you looked thirsty and I saw my friend bring you a drink and I was just wondering how is your Gon? what brings you here, anyway? I'm awfully curious! Mama says I'm like a cougar on the hunt when I get my mind set on something, but I think asking questions is good." Pausing for breath and to make an even bigger grin "So, what does bring you here? I have to know!"

folder icon   09-18-2006, 08:46 PM
Post #29
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

BRYNDON

the old man actually chuckles...
"ah yes...i remember when i was curious; it benifited me greatly...but almost got me killed more times then would like...
tell me, Child, what do you know outside of the Trbes?"

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-18-2006, 08:49 PM
Post #30
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

Darkassasinr

there was something about that man that bothered you, something unnatural in the way he walks and such...but he did promise you eternal life...or did he merely mention it as a possibility?

regardless

many of the women lay twitching on the ground from savage dancing; this is the Devil Dance, its basically the Indian Ghost Dance; you dance until you pass out and then temporarily leave you body...

the men now are stomping their feet and beating things together in rythym to the twitching...

for a brief moment you think you see the moon...move?

but if you look up you will find the moon is as it should be...

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-18-2006, 08:56 PM
Post #31
Darkassasinr

Tauren

I look for shapes in the sky about the moon.

I wait, watching all things. I focus intently on the man, I study him, I try to learn that which he is.

folder icon   09-18-2006, 09:37 PM
Post #32
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

DARKASSASINR

i'm assuming by man, you mean the STRANGER guy with the jug?

you find nothing unusual in the sky...not a damned cloud, and the stars are bright enough to light the hilll

the Old Man is talkling with Bryndon, he is speaking casual; unlike how he spoke with you, you catch bits and pieces of the conversation;

he seems to be asking about the OUTSIDE WORLD (you've never been there other then on hunts (assuming you hunt with the men))

something white falls from the sky and gently hits the ground thirty feet before you...no one else notices it

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Post #33
Darkassasinr

Tauren

I cautiously approach the white object that fell from the sky, examining it more closely with every step I take.

folder icon   09-18-2006, 10:00 PM
Post #34
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

DARKASSASINR

it sparkles like water in the nightlight

it appears to be a...feather...

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-18-2006, 10:10 PM
Post #35
Darkassasinr

Tauren

I gently reach down and grasp the feather, I bring it close and try to determine what animal it could have come from.

After examining it, I place it in my backpack(inventory, whatever.)

Return to Top  Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: