newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

input for new RPG  
folder icon   09-23-2006, 05:13 AM
input for new RPG Post #1
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

i'm designing a second RPG, i want your input on how it should be done.

it will take place in an AZTEC styled land, just as the foreigners with guns begin settleing.

it will be devided into 7 tribes, each with their own unique abilities.

you have until next sunday to input, and then i put it tgether

thankyou.

Я ни псих или героя

Listen to my words. Fear not for I am an Angel, I Love you and I will guide you. ~ Malkavian Bible

"I am only a Product of your Necessity"
~ Jack The Prophet, The Book of Jack
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-23-2006, 05:19 AM
Post #2
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

Maybe you shouldnt. I only have time for 1 RPG, and this one's already starting to sound cooler than HOTON .

folder icon   09-23-2006, 06:56 AM
Post #3
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

actually, hoton was just a jumpstart for my brain...it was spontaniously put together...

this would be more organized and flow much better...

i've scratched the AZTEC idea and created a semi-WaterWorld scenario full of deceit and corruption.

you all would be the Resistance, and i already have a plot set out.

so lets put it to a vote; if HOTOn isnt living up to your expectations, and you want to see me do a different styled RPG.

post here and say so

if three of the current HOTON players are interested in this instead, then HOTON will be shut down.

VOTE

Я ни псих или героя

Listen to my words. Fear not for I am an Angel, I Love you and I will guide you. ~ Malkavian Bible

"I am only a Product of your Necessity"
~ Jack The Prophet, The Book of Jack
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-23-2006, 11:08 AM
Post #4
~Crusader~

Ranger

Mailpouch on Burning Legion

I'm pretty satisfied with hoton.

Although the Aztec idea sounds pretty cool, I think I'm with Grunt, only being able to take one at a time.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-23-2006, 12:16 PM
Post #5
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

I think the biggest problem with HOTON is that we just kinda get into it without any idea of what to do. Remember all those questions I emailed to you?

Heck, I didn't even know there weren't any shops in town in HOTON . In your other thread, you mention "visit the shops", so I assumed there'd be some .

'Organised and flows much better' sounds good- I'm all for that.

I think we've ALL learned a lot from what bit of Hoton we got to play. If we start a new RPG, I think everything will be much better .

folder icon   09-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Post #6
Bryndon

Chaos Blademaster

I have no idea how many RPG's I can handle, but I'll throw in my 2c.

If the Aztecs are placed firmly against the Spaniards-With-Guns, make it 3 tribes versus 3 conquistador divisions and have players pick a tribe, then duke it out by attempting to complete quests with opposed objectives (Say, the Aztecs are trying to activate beacons on top of a hill to bring down divine retribution on the Spaniards, and the Spaniards want to build a fort / set up some cannons to bombard nearby towns, or they're both trying to capture a medicine man who can lead the Spaniards to Tenochtitlan by a hidden path).

---

I prefer HOTON though.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-25-2009, 06:02 AM
Post #7
helma
Banned

Hello, I have dropped every one of my old projects to solely pursue this RPG I have begun. This game will be/is original in both graphics and gameplay. I don't want the focus to be on what level you are, or how much money you have. Instead, I want this game to be fun at every level.
Although it is online, it will be highly story driven. Many of side quests, and mini games. The world will be massive, but never will it feel empty. Graphic heavy, this game will appeal to the eye. I will use macros so that while the game will be complex, it will never feel complicated.

Now, here is where you come in. What are some things you have always wanted to see in an Byond RPG? What do you feel makes or breaks an RPG? What RPG is the community of Byond longing for? Input people input.

Btw, I have the 1st continent mapped out, and I am working on putting details in the first town you start in. I have a character select system based on classes. To be fair, I would place myself at about 5% done. haha. Well, if you read this much, you might as well take an extra minute to tell me how you feel about this. Thanks much, in advance.
--------------
disney movies
quiz

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
Return to Top  

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: