ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > General Gaming Discussion > A map called MMORPG.
Search this Thread:

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

A map called MMORPG.  Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
folder icon   10-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Post #176
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Another screen, this one mainly for cool factor...

Shaman with a Frost Sword and Shield, close up. He also has a Scroll of Invisibility in his inventory...

At the top right is the experimental Arrow display. I intend to use it for archers specifically, to display their arrow counts (for instance, 15 Fire Arrows, 9 Black Arrows, 33 Ice Arrows). Arrows will be items that when picked up disappear and are added to your arrow count.

RynjaxxBlue has attached this image:

folder icon   10-05-2003, 12:45 PM
Post #177
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Second Shaman screenie, this one with him carrying dual Axes.

*sigh* Axes fockin' rule.

folder icon   10-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Post #178
Aeyo

Assassin

keeeewl and fuuuunkay all in one.

I think he should be "Forum RPG Designer"

If this doesnt come out soon i will gnaw your scrotum off and mail one ball to NATO and the other to the UN. The scrotum sack has to go to the International Space Station, oooh yeh ultimate satisfaction.

folder icon   10-05-2003, 03:07 PM
Post #179
the 1 eyed fool

Assassin

pimp

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-10-2003, 11:41 PM
Whacked out Camera Angle Screenies! Post #180
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

YOU THOUGHT IT WAS DEAD, DIDN'T YOU? DIDN'T YOU??!!? FAITHLESS COWARD!!!!!

---

Anyhow. This is a result of some experimentation with Cameras... we get a crazed camera that focuses on your hero... I could do something with this, it looks so damn cool in game...

folder icon   10-13-2003, 05:14 PM
Omfg dude when will this map be out Post #181
TheDoomHammer

Grunt

Omfg dude when will this map be out this is so cool. Are the units amnimated to use the weapons?

folder icon   10-13-2003, 05:40 PM
Post #182
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Yes, weapons are attached to unit hands, so when they swing, the weapon swings.

folder icon   10-14-2003, 11:18 PM
Post #183
Kinji

Grunt

Wow your putting alot of work into this!
But what i want to know is how will you get it out?
Like where people can DL it?
And when do you think it will be done?

btw awsome job on the weapons and stuff...nice job on the whole thing.

Call me Hannabil.
Babies are edible.
It's incredible.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-14-2003, 11:29 PM
Post #184
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Between numerous Battle.Net games, e-mailing it to beta testers and random people who'll want it, and perhaps, just maybe, putting it up on the fabled map section of war3.com, and numerous voodoo rituals and animal sacrifices to compel people to play my map more often... should do, I hope, it might, it could.

*brain is fried from 1.5 hours of calculus, 1 hour biology, and shitzenloads of English and Spanish*

folder icon   10-16-2003, 07:41 PM
Post #185
Kinji

Grunt

cool.
can i be one of the random people who want it(OR beta tester if you need one)?
i think it would be real cool to help out and just to have a awsome map like that

Call me Hannabil.
Babies are edible.
It's incredible.
folder icon   10-16-2003, 10:03 PM
Post #186
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Beta tester, perhaps, probably. I'm still thinking on exactly who to give it to...

folder icon   10-16-2003, 10:23 PM
Post #187
Gnome-

Night Elf Ranger

Probably stick to one of your good friends or someone you know wont give it out Rynjaxx. Id recommend Warlock, Zaknafien, or Grunt. That Gnome- guy is pretty cool too. Perhaps even meno.

When it comes to biting scrotums in
vengeance, "Who Knows"?

"GNOME KNOWS!"
folder icon   10-16-2003, 10:32 PM
Post #188
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

I can also internally lock the map so it's only playable if the intended recipient is one of the present players.

folder icon   10-17-2003, 06:55 AM
Post #189
Kinji

Grunt

if i get a map like this, where someone has spent a LONG time working on, i wouldn't give it out to anyone unless told i could. now just from looking at screen shots of it, i can tell this will be a great map.

Call me Hannabil.
Babies are edible.
It's incredible.
folder icon   10-17-2003, 11:30 PM
Post #190
TheDoomHammer

Grunt

wow...I hope your map dosent leak out on the net. Leaks are such a bad bad bad thing

folder icon   10-18-2003, 01:06 AM
Post #191
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

I hope that my godly mapping skills can lock it well enough...

folder icon   10-18-2003, 09:40 AM
Post #192
Jezta

The Black Sphynx

Quote:
Originally posted by Gnome-
Probably stick to one of your good friends or someone you know wont give it out Rynjaxx. Id recommend Warlock, Zaknafien, or Grunt. That Gnome- guy is pretty cool too. Perhaps even meno.

Yeah, and lets not forget that Jezta guy, man he can testabete with the best of them...

...I mean...

...z00t?...

folder icon   10-26-2003, 11:56 AM
Minor screenie just to demonstrate prettiness. Post #193
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Yeah, you can watch the sun set. It actually moves and so forth, thanks to Blizzard's extreme 1337 skills... I wonder why they made such a beautiful sky if you can only see it in a couple cutscenes and such?

folder icon   10-26-2003, 12:21 PM
Post #194
Unregistered

Unregistered

It looks so epic.

Anyway, for beta testing, i would just chuck it to the two war3 clans on war3.com, cow and aow. That would be a good user base. Then give it to other random people if you want.

folder icon   10-26-2003, 10:29 PM
Post #195
Zuljins-Return

Gargoyle

HOLY F***ING *BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEP*!

If i have TFT by the time this is out, im getting it... and as soon as i do if i dont by its beta stage....

Try adding extra hero races, it adds some interest to the game, instead of basic warcraft races(try gnolls, kobolds... goblins... anything you can dig stuff up on basically)... check Julien's Open RPG for some good idea's of that.(not made by me... just one of my favorites...)

folder icon   10-27-2003, 05:37 PM
Post #196
Zuljins-Return

Gargoyle

Didn't you say that shamans can't use swords or polearms but everything else Ryn?'Cause you got swords on these ones...

folder icon   10-27-2003, 07:30 PM
Post #197
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Well, yes, but the trigger code for that isn't in yet... basic weapon limiting is fairly low on my priority list... I'm trying to rework the weilding system itself to make it simpler and more functional.

I'm also messing around with the undead home city a bit, I decided to redesign Encalidan-Arach...

folder icon   10-27-2003, 08:34 PM
Post #198
Kinji

Grunt

You know you will be famous for this...right.
Thats all that anyone will be playing.
And if you ever join a game with random people they will prolly freak out.

Call me Hannabil.
Babies are edible.
It's incredible.
folder icon   10-27-2003, 09:14 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.....H... Post #199
Zuljins-Return

Gargoyle

Quote:
Originally posted by RynjaxxBlue
Well, yes, but the trigger code for that isn't in yet... basic weapon limiting is fairly low on my priority list... I'm trying to rework the weilding system itself to make it simpler and more functional.

I'm also messing around with the undead home city a bit, I decided to redesign Encalidan-Arach...

Cool. I just came up with a few idea for Arach.
1) Set up a place where you can trade body parts of fallen enemies for certain amounts of gold:

Example 1:You kill a gnoll, and it drops it skull, so you take it to the "swap-shop", and get *maybe* around 50-60 gold for it.

Example 2:You kill an enemy hero, and take its *random dropped body part?* to go sell, and get *probably* around 500-750 gold for a high level hero, and less and less for lower level(like 75 for level one, and around 2000 for level 200 hero?).

2)Set up a prison camp. Basically, you go here to train against minions of the *Forsaken or Lich King... depends on what affiliation this city is... which is it, btw?I'm guessing Forsaken...* and remove them from service of the enemy. This would allow for small amounts of exp for low level-leveling.(pretty much a training area... could be added to EVERY place to make it fair, i suppose)

3)You can add*they are undead, after all* a graverobbing quest to go out and do nice and quick. Just put a graveyard somewhere near to town(maybe just down a road, for a nice little"just over the ridge" type of quest-movie) and set it up to make it*if you do it* to create a ghoul or crypt fiend as a starting pet (maybe, if you dont want them to have good pets right off the bat, make it limited in some way... level-cap lowered... abilities tweaked/removed/replaced? It's all your choice...)

4)Set up Sylvanas on a throne of some kind*if forsaken* or something... maybe a deathknight if its Scourge. Possibly just a local monarch*more likely this* standing on a throne of some kind(again... could apply to every city). And maybe some kind of a "city hall" for each race?

I hope you like these, and maybe use them. They sound good?

folder icon   10-27-2003, 10:40 PM
Re: Minor screenie just to demonstrate prettiness. Post #200
Zuljins-Return

Gargoyle

Quote:
Yeah, you can watch the sun set. It actually moves and so forth, thanks to Blizzard's extreme 1337 skills... I wonder why they made such a beautiful sky if you can only see it in a couple cutscenes and such?

Is the small item in the inventory using the "acolyte sacrifice" icon a dagger? What kind is it(if yes)? AND if no, then what is it?

folder icon   10-27-2003, 11:08 PM
Re: Re: Minor screenie just to demonstrate prettiness. Post #201
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuljins-Return
Is the small item in the inventory using the "acolyte sacrifice" icon a dagger? What kind is it(if yes)? AND if no, then what is it?

Yes, the item is a weapon, known as Cordan's Slicer. It's not quite a dagger, more like a short scimitar, or perhaps a kukri (they have those in Neverwinter Nights...).It is a low-mid level item enchanted to be unusually light, and contributing +10% to attack speed. It's chosen from several quest rewards from a certain half-ogre chap named Margilar the Tamer.
Quote:
Originally posted by Zuljins-Return
Cool. I just came up with a few idea for Arach.
1) Set up a place where you can trade body parts of fallen enemies for certain amounts of gold:

Example 1:You kill a gnoll, and it drops it skull, so you take it to the "swap-shop", and get *maybe* around 50-60 gold for it.

Example 2:You kill an enemy hero, and take its *random dropped body part?* to go sell, and get *probably* around 500-750 gold for a high level hero, and less and less for lower level(like 75 for level one, and around 2000 for level 200 hero?).

2)Set up a prison camp. Basically, you go here to train against minions of the *Forsaken or Lich King... depends on what affiliation this city is... which is it, btw?I'm guessing Forsaken...* and remove them from service of the enemy. This would allow for small amounts of exp for low level-leveling.(pretty much a training area... could be added to EVERY place to make it fair, i suppose)

3)You can add*they are undead, after all* a graverobbing quest to go out and do nice and quick. Just put a graveyard somewhere near to town(maybe just down a road, for a nice little"just over the ridge" type of quest-movie) and set it up to make it*if you do it* to create a ghoul or crypt fiend as a starting pet (maybe, if you dont want them to have good pets right off the bat, make it limited in some way... level-cap lowered... abilities tweaked/removed/replaced? It's all your choice...)

4)Set up Sylvanas on a throne of some kind*if forsaken* or something... maybe a deathknight if its Scourge. Possibly just a local monarch*more likely this* standing on a throne of some kind(again... could apply to every city). And maybe some kind of a "city hall" for each race?

I hope you like these, and maybe use them. They sound good?

The city is Forsaken...

Trading body parts is interesting... I wonder how to set it up so only this given shop buys body parts... or maybe make a slightly different system...?

I've been thinking of some quests pertaining to dead things and body parts, like for instance having a higher-ranked acolyte instruct you to go murder some hapless peasants and bring him their heads...

I don't know about a training area, that would sort of make people stick to the city and "camp" it... I probably won't do this. It takes up space too. I want to keep the cities down to as small a size as reasonably possible, as it's the dungeons and forests and canyons people will be adventuring in...

I think I'll have something along the lines of a Dreadlord or maybe even a Nihinferati (undead demons, yay) located somewhere in the underground sections of the city.

I have this in a post a couple pages back... I think I'll allow the undead to have a ghoul or crypt fiend as a pet, either bought or somehow ceremonially reanimated. Pets are limited to part of your max level (I might lower max level to 100 for players - for abilities and stuff as well as level gap - and about 50-60 for pets)...

Along with ghouls or fiends, higher levels could get other things, like maybe a Mephit (lesser implike demon... these things are in D&D and are just so spiffy) or whatnot.

folder icon   10-28-2003, 09:43 AM
Re: Re: Re: Minor screenie just to demonstrate prettiness. Post #202
Zuljins-Return

Gargoyle

Quote:
Yes, the item is a weapon, known as Cordan's Slicer. It's not quite a dagger, more like a short scimitar, or perhaps a kukri (they have those in Neverwinter Nights...).It is a low-mid level item enchanted to be unusually light, and contributing +10% to attack speed. It's chosen from several quest rewards from a certain half-ogre chap named Margilar the Tamer.

The city is Forsaken...

Trading body parts is interesting... I wonder how to set it up so only this given shop buys body parts... or maybe make a slightly different system...?

I've been thinking of some quests pertaining to dead things and body parts, like for instance having a higher-ranked acolyte instruct you to go murder some hapless peasants and bring him their heads...

I don't know about a training area, that would sort of make people stick to the city and "camp" it... I probably won't do this. It takes up space too. I want to keep the cities down to as small a size as reasonably possible, as it's the dungeons and forests and canyons people will be adventuring in...

I think I'll have something along the lines of a Dreadlord or maybe even a Nihinferati (undead demons, yay) located somewhere in the underground sections of the city.

I have this in a post a couple pages back... I think I'll allow the undead to have a ghoul or crypt fiend as a pet, either bought or somehow ceremonially reanimated. Pets are limited to part of your max level (I might lower max level to 100 for players - for abilities and stuff as well as level gap - and about 50-60 for pets)...

Along with ghouls or fiends, higher levels could get other things, like maybe a Mephit (lesser implike demon... these things are in D&D and are just so spiffy) or whatnot.

I wasn't sure about the training area myself, and I see your point. The rest sounds pretty cool... I guess I missed the thing where you mentioned the dreadlord or Nihinferati(sp?)...

What level are the abilities stopping to allow learning at(as in:what level are they all maxed out?)?

folder icon   10-28-2003, 06:38 PM
Post #203
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Erm, I never did mention the Dreadlord or Nihinferati before, I mentioned the ghoul pets...

The spellbook abilities stop at lvl 50 if always selected (they have 11 levels, 5-level spacing between learning). I would like to have the "standard" abilities have up to 50-100 levels each (for 3 abilities), so that they would potentially max out way above maximum level, so that your skill choices make your character unique and there is no "perfect" max-level hero.

folder icon   10-28-2003, 08:14 PM
Post #204
Zuljins-Return

Gargoyle

Quote:
Erm, I never did mention the Dreadlord or Nihinferati before, I mentioned the ghoul pets...

The spellbook abilities stop at lvl 50 if always selected (they have 11 levels, 5-level spacing between learning). I would like to have the "standard" abilities have up to 50-100 levels each (for 3 abilities), so that they would potentially max out way above maximum level, so that your skill choices make your character unique and there is no "perfect" max-level hero.

Oh... thought you did*read your ealier post wrong, i guess...
What is a Nihinferati anyway?

Sounds good... nice to.

folder icon   10-28-2003, 10:40 PM
Post #205
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Undead demons... more even like lich-demons. The difference between normal liches and demon Nihinferati is that normal liches must possess exceptional magical power to be revived, essentially forcing them to be magic-users, whereas powerful demons innately have the power to resurrect themselves, and may be of different classes including fighters, warlocks, mages, antipaladins, etc.

folder icon   10-29-2003, 09:40 AM
Post #206
Zuljins-Return

Gargoyle

Quote:
Undead demons... more even like lich-demons. The difference between normal liches and demon Nihinferati is that normal liches must possess exceptional magical power to be revived, essentially forcing them to be magic-users, whereas powerful demons innately have the power to resurrect themselves, and may be of different classes including fighters, warlocks, mages, antipaladins, etc.

Ah.. now i get it. Thanks.

folder icon   10-30-2003, 07:16 AM
Re: Re: Re: Minor screenie just to demonstrate prettiness. Post #207
True Neutral

Quote:

How 'bout Quasits?

folder icon   10-30-2003, 05:33 PM
Post #208
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Quasits could well be. They're already in the planned enemies...

folder icon   10-31-2003, 11:20 PM
What time is it? Post #209
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Screenie time! (I'm so exquisitely lame)

This is a screen of a NE Druid casting Flamestrike. The green stuff is casting effects, which look quite a bit better ingame. When you begin casting a spell, bolts of energy erupt around your hands and overhead for a few seconds while the casting takes place. This is usually based on the character. Druid nature-elemental energies are green, shamans hold ball-lightning, warlocks set their hands on fire, etc.

The snowflakes are an attribute of the cold longsword in his right hand...

folder icon   10-31-2003, 11:22 PM
Post #210
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

An innocent elderly murloc nightcrawler gets his fish-arse flamestruck in the vegetation-loaded swamp a short way from Orthargan.

Return to Top  Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: