ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > General Gaming Discussion > A map called MMORPG.
Search this Thread:

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

A map called MMORPG.  Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
folder icon   11-30-2003, 05:31 PM
Post #281
Zuljins-Return

Gargoyle

*GASP*!!!!! If this gets any better, I think I may just faint... and then pay you off for a pre-beta glimpse....(we'll work that out later...)

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-30-2003, 07:39 PM
Post #282
Bone-Prince

Wyvern Rider

Why dont you throw out the Disabled Command Buttons? It may make it look less pro....

folder icon   11-30-2003, 07:55 PM
Post #283
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

I think I could convert all my icons properly to get them down to about 66% size, and replace all the Disabled ones with 1x1 black squares or something (so they don't go green and which would practically nullify their size) thus getting about 33% icon size, and then make about a fourth of them into smaller crappy 32x32 versions, and so get that fourth to 25% size, thus getting (33*(75+(25/4)))% which is about... 33*81.25 which comes out to a little over 26.4% original size, which cuts off about 0.3-0.5 megabytes of filesize or something along those lines.

EDIT: Holy shit, that was all one sentence.

folder icon   11-30-2003, 07:58 PM
Post #284
Zuljins-Return

Gargoyle

Ryn... you need to learn to BREATH between phrases. Use commas and periods. We don't need you suffocating and coming back from the grave to do a half-ass job on this.

folder icon   12-01-2003, 05:59 PM
Post #285
Bryndon

Chaos Blademaster

Wow, I'm in the same forum as a legend I just read the entire thread and had to wipe the drool of my keyboard so I could type. Are you going to apply for a job at blizzard or something?

folder icon   12-01-2003, 08:54 PM
Post #286
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Well, I don't think I rule THAT much, I mean come on, they're practically demigods, and they know a load of different computer science stuff which I don't, though I can put some Java together or maybe C, but only about enough to make a primitive calculator program.

I need to stop with these overgrown sentences...

folder icon   12-01-2003, 09:17 PM
Post #287
Zuljins-Return

Gargoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynjaxxBlue
Well, I don't think I rule THAT much, I mean come on, they're practically demigods, and they know a load of different computer science stuff which I don't, though I can put some Java together or maybe C, but only about enough to make a primitive calculator program.

I need to stop with these overgrown sentences...

Try periodic "drifting off"... like that... with the... periods.... in the middle of your sentence.... just don't... overdo it. Like I just did

folder icon   12-01-2003, 09:43 PM
Post #288
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Oh... okay... that's good... I can breathe... now... well anyway, I... think I'll go make some items or something...

folder icon   12-02-2003, 05:18 PM
Post #289
Zuljins-Return

Gargoyle

Good good! You're breathing. Now, just... don't do it quite as often...

folder icon   12-08-2003, 09:19 PM
Post #290
Caj Darkmoon

Arch Druid

First of all, let me say, Ryn, that you are completely insane. What you are doing here is better than any custom setup that I have seen thus far in war3. You are using the editor the way that it was intended and to its full potential. I am completely impressed. Never once in all my time here have I taken the time to read through a topic that is 9 pages long, but I did for this. Im sorry that I didnt realize that you were doing this sooner, but i dont come into this forum and ironically saw it in the maps/mods forum when i ventured in there. The work that you are doing is simply amazing.

Second, I would offer my services. If you need any help at all please let me know. I'm busy with other stuff, mainly getting a web site up and running, but i would gladly take more time to assist you in this. I am willing to write content for you or improve skins.

Third, what is your AIM name? I would like to talk more about this and hear more about it.

Lastly, when you do get around to putting out a beta, please let me know. I can assure you of my trustworthyness as much as you can trust anyone on the internet. Blood, Keith, Dimitri, Keeper, Grunt, they can all vouch for me, and I would never try to steal your work.

Please, dont stop working on this project, I am impressed beyond words by what you have done. The only possible way it could be better is if it was on X-Box because of insane better graphics , but hey, this is the real world.

Now, i need to try and breath again.

folder icon   12-08-2003, 11:26 PM
Post #291
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajDarkmoon
First of all, let me say, Ryn, that you are completely insane. What you are doing here is better than any custom setup that I have seen thus far in war3. You are using the editor the way that it was intended and to its full potential. I am completely impressed. Never once in all my time here have I taken the time to read through a topic that is 9 pages long, but I did for this. Im sorry that I didnt realize that you were doing this sooner, but i dont come into this forum and ironically saw it in the maps/mods forum when i ventured in there. The work that you are doing is simply amazing.

Second, I would offer my services. If you need any help at all please let me know. I'm busy with other stuff, mainly getting a web site up and running, but i would gladly take more time to assist you in this. I am willing to write content for you or improve skins.

Third, what is your AIM name? I would like to talk more about this and hear more about it.

Lastly, when you do get around to putting out a beta, please let me know. I can assure you of my trustworthyness as much as you can trust anyone on the internet. Blood, Keith, Dimitri, Keeper, Grunt, they can all vouch for me, and I would never try to steal your work.

Please, dont stop working on this project, I am impressed beyond words by what you have done. The only possible way it could be better is if it was on X-Box because of insane better graphics , but hey, this is the real world.

Now, i need to try and breath again.

Well thanks. It's good to be insane.

I can't really think of a really functional way you or others could help me, as I have this laid out in rather complicated fashion and have practically no idea of just what I can give people to do anyway...

I don't have an AIM name, what with all the pink-texted stalkers lurking around.

When the beta comes, I am planning on doing signups, and I have thought out a decent system of locking maps (along with other security measures) so that they can only be played by beta testers or whomever...

Finally, I can't think of how I could actually stop working on this at this point (I've done too much already), short of dying or being sent to prison for life or something, neither of which are likely at all.

Hm, as graphics go, I have the thing running on 1600x1200 with max graphics settings, quite reasonably, and consider that I size screenshots down by a factor of 2 along both axes to 800x600 and convert to JPEG... it's juicy this thing... [tactless self-praise = OFF]

Last edited by RynjaxxBlue on 08-08-2005 at 01:33 PM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   12-09-2003, 04:40 AM
Post #292
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

Quote:
Right now, it's about 1.8 MB, which is fairly huge, and may become about 2.5 MB with all the objects and data and icons... Yes, it's frightening. I'm trying to cut down on some things though...

I've downloaded files up to 2.2 MB on Battle.Net, so it's not necessarily fatal, but you'd probably need a broadband modem to manage it. I could chuck some of the icons and get up to 0.3 MB back on those, and a skin or two, which is about 0.12 MB... I could lower the current version to maybe 1.3-1.4 MB...

That ain't too big. In fact, I assumed it was much bigger than that! It comes as a pleasant suprise to me that it's only about 1.8 mb right now . (even if it does become 2.5 mb, that's still pretty small IMHO) .

folder icon   12-09-2003, 08:12 AM
Post #293
Unregistered

Unregistered

Any eta on the beta yet ryn? Hows things coming along?

folder icon   12-09-2003, 06:59 PM
Post #294
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Can't say anything exact about a beta, but I know that work will pick up significantly over winter vacation (Dec.19 to Jan.3)... That should take care of a load of stuff... if anything you'll get new screenshots of spiffy stuff. :/

folder icon   12-09-2003, 07:09 PM
Post #295
Warlock

Arch Druid

Melina on Malygos

Heh, I've been keepin' an eye on this for awhile and it's looking really damn cool Maybe if WoW beta goes live sometime before you finish (at least open beta w/o NDAs) you can snag some of the extra icons from that to fill in the holes of spells and weapons and stuff you are missing

* WarCraft Trivia God! *

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   12-12-2003, 04:36 PM
Post #296
Caj Darkmoon

Arch Druid

You need to realize that i am now addicted to this thread, and if i dont get a hit, say, every 4 minutes, i could go insane. So common! Pass me the bon... err... update the thread.

folder icon   12-12-2003, 05:36 PM
Post #297
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

The weekend is practically here, so I would think it likely that new stuff spontaneously pops up.

folder icon   12-13-2003, 02:15 PM
Post #298
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

And... holy shit, screenies magically appear!

An Orc Warrior, Kregg Bonebreaker, in close melee combat with a Furbolg Champion at full zoom.

RynjaxxBlue has attached this image:

folder icon   12-13-2003, 02:16 PM
Post #299
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

"For the last time... THEY ARE NOT ADAMANTIUM DAMNIT!"

Higher-level furbolgs drop these occasionally (out of 20 other pieces of random loot, including food, geodes, lesser gems, potions, materials, a scroll or two...)

Last edited by RynjaxxBlue on 08-08-2005 at 01:34 PM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   12-13-2003, 02:19 PM
Post #300
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

A Rogue stands over a Gnoll that just got a 900-point backstab upside the head...

Leather is a useful material for armors, cloaks, and a few odd robes and such.

She also has an Iron Ring, a Brass Ring, and Shorgatberries (of the BNH brew type). Rings and similar trinkets are sometimes carried by lower-level creeps, though there are some exceptional valuables such as Ruby Necklaces or Platinum Circlets.

folder icon   12-13-2003, 02:28 PM
Post #301
Zuljins-Return

Gargoyle

Sweet... Claws!!! Hehe... show us some bigger, more magical ones!!!... Please?

folder icon   12-13-2003, 02:38 PM
Post #302
Jezta

The Black Sphynx

Hey I just noticed the Human rouge model, did you make that skin?

Oh yeah, nice to see some more work on this.

folder icon   12-13-2003, 08:14 PM
Post #303
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Yes, I made the Rogue skin... I think I could improve it though with some shading and detail...

folder icon   12-13-2003, 09:57 PM
Post #304
TheHeadhunter

Tauren

Quote:
Yes, I made the Rogue skin... I think I could improve it though with some shading and detail...

I think the only detail you could put in is to make it less Elven.

Triggers: 100%
Units:100%
Terrain:100%
Upgrades:100%

5 of 7 races done.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   12-14-2003, 05:59 AM
Post #305
True Neutral

Like, not the huge ears.

Question: Will the be a Naga like Race?

folder icon   12-14-2003, 10:42 AM
Post #306
TheHeadhunter

Tauren

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Neutral
Like, not the huge ears.

Question: Will the be a Naga like Race?

He has screenies of them as playable, but he might have said something else since then.

Triggers: 100%
Units:100%
Terrain:100%
Upgrades:100%

5 of 7 races done.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   12-14-2003, 01:07 PM
Post #307
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Er, I mention a couple pages back that the Naga got axed as playable.

1. The models are weird. The swords appear on the back of the hand. the Royal Guard has a broken weapon attachment point too. Meeeeh.
2. I have no idea whatsoever how I would make a decent Naga city. My original Blackdeep looked Naga-ish but just... wrong. I think a proper city would be underwater and I can't really do that.
3. The Naga require a 3rd faction, which means I lose 1 player slot and have to calibrate everything for 3 factions instead of just 2 (Alliance & Horde). It's more like WoW now with 2 factions... Also, having the Naga as a faction implies that I would need more races to add to them, and that can only be Mur'guls or Blood Elves, but the Blood Elves simply couldn't be stuffed in there, and I left them on the Alliance side anyway.
4. Removing them means I have to import that many less skins and have that much more space for areas and so on, and I don't have to make a load of Naga-specific stuff.

You can meet and fight some Naga though and maybe take a couple quests from them... they'll be approximately neutral, depending on the given Naga.

folder icon   12-14-2003, 04:50 PM
Smithing, Crafting, and Alchemy, oh my. *smacks self* Post #308
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Okay, Zuljins-Return, you wanted to see magical claws? Well, I had to force an innocent Paladin into slavery to craft them for you. Happy now?

Firstly, Mr. Jorn (real name concealed for his own safety) by a work table (conveniently located near the outskirts of Andorel) with a number of items that will be combined into spiffy stuff of general nature.

folder icon   12-14-2003, 04:51 PM
Post #309
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Now he places some Half Plate, a Yellow Geode, and Iron onto the table, displaying the Smith "tradeskill" tooltip.

folder icon   12-14-2003, 04:52 PM
Post #310
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

He clicks the button and Whammo! the ingredients combine into a beautiful Full Plate, and 900 gold is deducted from his account.

folder icon   12-14-2003, 04:55 PM
Post #311
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Now he takes out the Full Plate, and puts in some Oil Base, Acid, and a Red Geode, which are alchemy ingredients.

Acid is used for lots of different things, usually when gems are involved, as they have to be dissolved before adding to a potion.

Oil Base is used for oils such as Fire or Frost Oil, among others.

There's also a Potion Base which is used for all the various potions, Speed, Mana, Invisibility, and such.

folder icon   12-14-2003, 04:56 PM
Post #312
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

The Alchemy button is clicked, and the elements combine into Fire Oil. The cost for this is 325 gold, as it's a fairly basic recipe.

folder icon   12-14-2003, 04:57 PM
Post #313
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Now Mr.Jorn puts in a War Claw +9 and some Iron, which are smithing ingredients...

folder icon   12-14-2003, 05:01 PM
Post #314
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

He clicks Smith, pays 900 gold, and gets a beautiful Claw of Firewrath, whose properties are described here as the Claw is wielded by Mr. Jorn's good friend Mr. Arogh (name also concealed for safety of the subject).

A Firewrath Claw may also be upgraded into a Claw of Fireharrow, which is more vicious damage-wise and gives +3 to all stats. That requires a Ruby, however.

You may now exit the building, and our hostess Arineth will see you out the door. Remember, if anyone asks, you were never here, you never met Mr. Jorn, and there is no secret tradeskill studio in the basement (which does not exist) of this building (which also does not exist) anywhere in this city (which does not exist). Have a nice day.

folder icon   12-14-2003, 05:19 PM
Post #315
Jezta

The Black Sphynx

Those mountains look fucking awesome.

Oh yeah, trade skills, cool,

Return to Top  Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: