ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > General Gaming Discussion > Which would you prefer?
Search this Thread:
Which would you prefer that Blizzard was developing right now?
You may not vote on this poll
StarCraft: Ghost [ 6 ] polls/bar2-l.gifpolls/bar2.gifpolls/bar2-r.gif 31.58%
StarCraft II [ 11 ] polls/bar3-l.gifpolls/bar3.gifpolls/bar3-r.gif 57.89%
Cant decide [ 2 ] polls/bar4-l.gifpolls/bar4.gifpolls/bar4-r.gif 10.53%
Total: 19 votes 100%

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Which would you prefer?  
folder icon   10-22-2002, 09:38 PM
Which would you prefer? Post #1
dimitri583

Faster! More Intense!
ForumsX Administrator

Starcraft 2 (strategy, 3d grafix, etc.) or SC:Ghost?

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-22-2002, 09:45 PM
Post #2
XxHANZO

Official Forum Ninja

Zapthrottle on Turalyon

Ive said it before, untill i get a new comp ill go with console titles all day long!

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-22-2002, 09:54 PM
Post #3
dimitri583

Faster! More Intense!
ForumsX Administrator

starcraft 64 was on console... whose to say if they make SC2 it wont go on console too?

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-22-2002, 10:53 PM
Post #4
Always Right

Anime Freak!

I can't decide.

StarCraft 2 would be cool 'cuz the story was good and it was a lot of fun. But Ghost is new and fresh and I do like those types of games as well. Honestly I was a little disappointed when Ghost was announced, but right now I just don't really care. They both are sweet so I'm happy either way. But they had better make SC2 next!

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-22-2002, 10:58 PM
Post #5
LunarElemental

Arch Druid

Ghost...

yeah baby!!! woooo!

"My spirit burns like the sun and i shall dry you like a prune."

pappskalle.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-23-2002, 01:38 AM
Post #6
Jonttu

Overlord

Deghlan on Magtheridon

I would take StarCraft II, because i think that blizzard does RTS games only to PC, and ghost is coming only to next generation consoles so: STARCRAFT II z00t!!!

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-23-2002, 10:14 AM
Post #7
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

I vote Starcraft 2. However, the REAL questions should be: 'IF blizzard makes SC 2, can it live up to the expectations of the fans?' Will it be as good, if not BETTER than the original? I won't lie- I'm a bit dissapointed with Warcraft 3. THe races, though unique, aren't AS unique as the ones in Starcraft (you can still find plenty pf equivelents).

While I'm ranting about how I'm slightly peeved at the lameness of warcraft 3 (my expecteations were waaaaaaaaaaay too high), let me add that part of the reason WHY the game doesn't work as well as SC is because the whole concept of Night Elves and Undead needing GOLD is just lame! Why the hell would a Lich need to barter with a goblin merchant? He'd just KILL the goblin and grab all he can! The game was so much cooler earlier on!!! WHAT'S THE MATTER, BLIZZ??? DON'T KNOW HOW TO BALANCE A GAME ANYMORE, SO YOU GO AND MAKE ALL THE RACES SO SIMILAR???? SCREW YOU!!! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW HIGH MY HOPES FOR WARCRAFT 3 WERE?????

AT LEAST IN SC, THE CONCEPT OF PROTOSS AND ZERG NEEDING MINERALS MADE SENSE! We were given explanations! Because Zerg don't eat, they get nutrition from the creep, which requires minerals to sustain itself (duh, minerals contain, well, MINERALS!). As for Vespene gas, Zerg need it to fuel their increased metabolism! The whole thing seemed BELIEVABLE! (at least, I think it is)

Sorry . Had to get that out of my system. Hmmmm, I think I'll post this in WC3 disc sometime when I feel like taling a lot >_<.

folder icon   10-23-2002, 12:10 PM
Post #8
Jeltz

Demi-God

Starcraft II probably wont live up to the expectations of the fans because they are too high. I think Starcraft II will be better than Starcraft.

I think Starcraft:Ghost looks sucky but that is just my first impression and that it is consoles only may have influenced me.

I like RTS more than TPS.

I eat robots for breakfast with syrup A(CBRT)
Show me! show you! Kikkomaan!

folder icon   10-23-2002, 04:03 PM
Post #9
LunarElemental

Arch Druid

SC II will definetly NOT live up to the fans expectations. Don't get me wrong, im sure its (if it comes at all) gona be a great game and im sure as hell gonna get it, but the fans have been waiting for so long so they expect something HUGE! Blizzard won't be able to delver that to em.

I am very happy w/ wc3, and even though some parts of it are a bit cheezy its still a fun game.

"My spirit burns like the sun and i shall dry you like a prune."

pappskalle.
folder icon   10-23-2002, 04:35 PM
Post #10
FireCaster

Warlock

StarCraft 2 all the way! Even though I'd probably have to boost my computer, and get another connection, I think it's worth the price. I like RTS' a lot better than any other type of video games.

folder icon   10-23-2002, 04:37 PM
Post #11
dimitri583

Faster! More Intense!
ForumsX Administrator

im gonna vote for SC:Ghost, for a variety of reasons:

1) BLIZZARD IS MAKING A SHOOTER! AHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

2) SC2, id rather they do it in like 5 years when technology is gonna be uber-vanced, so the game will totally kick ass!

3) I want a Blizzard game for ma xbox

folder icon   10-25-2002, 12:41 PM
Post #12
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Strawberry on the Shortcake

i cant decide... theyd both rock.
Lunar: i couldnt agree more. SC2 will never live up to the fans' expectations, no matter how good they make it. War3 had the same problem... we waited so long that many people(like a certain green man who goes z00t whom i could name... ) had expectations that were too high to be realistic. myself, i was just expecting a good game, and thats what i got. war3 is by far one of the best games i have ever played.

Quote:
Posted by -G R U N T-:
let me add that part of the reason WHY the game doesn't work as well as SC is because the whole concept of Night Elves and Undead needing GOLD is just lame! Why the hell would a Lich need to barter with a goblin merchant? He'd just KILL the goblin and grab all he can! The game was so much cooler earlier on!!! WHAT'S THE MATTER, BLIZZ??? DON'T KNOW HOW TO BALANCE A GAME ANYMORE, SO YOU GO AND MAKE ALL THE RACES SO SIMILAR???? SCREW YOU!!! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW HIGH MY HOPES FOR WARCRAFT 3 WERE?????
do you have any idea how hard it would be to balance if the NE and UD didnt use gold? and if they dont use gold, why should the humans and orcs? does it somehow make sense for them but not for the UD and NE? i agree that the concept of a Lich bartering with a goblin merchant is kind of odd, but multiplayer has to be balanced, and if the Lich could just kill the merchant and take his stuff while the other players had to pay for it, that wouldnt be balanced at all. also, think of the UD in this case as less of the im-evil-and-if-you-dont-give-me-what-i-want-i-will-kick-your-stupid-ass type of evil, and more of the insidious, plotting, evil that thinks instead of killing. or something. i know what im trying to say. my brain hurts. it burns, it burns! *sizzling noise* *thud*

Return to Top  

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: