ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > General Gaming Discussion > The chaos ensues (Warcraftiii.net)
Search this Thread:

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

The chaos ensues (Warcraftiii.net)  
folder icon   02-07-2001, 05:43 AM
The chaos ensues (Warcraftiii.net) Post #1
Triceron

Kodo Beast

Rant-Alert.

As to the recent events that have happened over at the warcraftiii.net forums, I have mixed feelings about it. I hate them for their censorship, but it's fair because it keeps topics specific. It's the reason I go to those forums. I am a survivor of the War Room, and there is absolutely no way of getting a good Warcraft related discussion going on that "Official forum".

As to the people there, most are used to being protected by the censorship, therefore they act like they're "Holier than thou". That's what protects the newbies from being flamed to death and keeps the people inline and thinking that they're safe from the outside world. Sometimes I go there myself to see what people have to say, but usually it's full of newbies and topics that have been covered since day one. I'm not saying all the people there are naive, but I've been there and I can say there are just a lot of stupid people out there in the world.

But even then, the havoc-wreaking over at the Warcraftiii.net board was uncalled for. There was no need to ask questions we all knew the answers to. There were questions asked that just couldn't be answered (Such as why Pardo posted on Warcraftiii.net and not post it as official). Censorship is also one thing that they choose to do. It is not in anyone's right to say other, since it is THEIR RIGHT. It's like questioning McDonalds as to why they don't have sushi bars in their establishments (Cuz sushi kicks ass!).

Going over there and messing around with their system isn't the right thing to do, nor was it the wisest. It doesn't help anyone either, neither Warcraftiii.net nor War3.com. Unfortuantely the events did happen, and I can only wait to see what the outcome of this mess is.

/Rant

folder icon   02-07-2001, 01:23 PM
Post #2
Sameer

Kodo Beast

As Triceron is saying, we do not condone such actions such as spamming another site's forum. I also do not agree a forum should be held to strict censorship so that is not how we run this forum. But, that is no reason to spam their forum. So, just stay here and enjoy free speech.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-07-2001, 03:14 PM
Post #3
Warlock

Arch Druid

Melina on Malygos

Bah, I don't really have anything to add, but I'll say that I pretty much agree w/ Triceron and Sameer here. I don't agree with their deletion policies, but that's why I simply don't post there anymore (I used to quite often, but it became a bit rediculious to have all my posts deleted). But I don't blame them for deleting spam, as I'd do the same thing.

* WarCraft Trivia God! *

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-07-2001, 03:34 PM
Post #4
Darkwolf

Overlord

Yeah yeah yeah, you guys are right, I just got a bit caught up in the fact that my posts were deleted. And they were not inapropriate or spam, they simply were deleted because they challenged the norm. I am not gonna do it again though, it really was a waste or time because they didn't get it. It sure was fun though.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-07-2001, 03:40 PM
Post #5
RepoMan

Shaman

Yes I agree. I don't plan on going back either. It certainly was a waste of time.

"It can fly at you like a sudden storm, without warning, from nowhere, and devour you, consume you with its ferocious appetite. The Wendigo is hungry, always hungry. And its hunger is never satisfied. The more it eats the bigger it gets. And the bigger it gets, the hungrier it gets."
-The Wendigo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I have wings, so why am I always walking?"
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-07-2001, 05:27 PM
Post #6
Grendal

Shaman

Location: In a small decaying village were I conduct experiments on the dead to destroy you all!!

Yeah I want there as well I think my post went bye bye though I think I meantiond war3.com so it get deleted ah well. There's no need ofr us to say anything to the people at the warcraftiii.com forums we can just let it be and not worry about them after all why is seen as the one who is right the antagonist or antagonized?

folder icon   02-07-2001, 06:31 PM
Post #7
Aero

Grunt

Whatever your intentions were, it didn't help either place a whole bunch. I have some disagreement with what some of you ended up saying (and accusing) on the wiii boards, but oh well. I'll admit, it's not the best, most English literate board (considering how a portion of the posters there have English as a secondary language), but it worked for them, and there wasn't any disruption of the sort until now.

And what did we not get?

A.

Return to Top  

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: