ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > General Discussion > RPG Forum > sea'thus...one more time now...;)
Search this Thread:

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

sea'thus...one more time now...;)  
folder icon   05-10-2005, 05:23 PM
sea'thus...one more time now...;) Post #1
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

well, i revamped sea'thus...its much different now...

i have a campaign for you i call the "armarian war"

if you've never played sea'thus before, i'll explain,
i give you a blank outline for a charactor, you fill it out, its not specific at all.

we discuss an intro for you, and then the magic begins.

you tell me what your charactor does, i roll the dice, and then give a very detailed description (story form) of what happens.

interested?

Я ни псих или героя

Listen to my words. Fear not for I am an Angel, I Love you and I will guide you. ~ Malkavian Bible

"I am only a Product of your Necessity"
~ Jack The Prophet, The Book of Jack
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-27-2005, 10:52 PM
Post #2
Thorn969

Night Elf Ranger

hmm... too lazy to make a new character. Can I use one of my old ones? :-P

And why didn't I see this until now?

And sorry to tell you, but this forum is dead.

Here's one character:

"Name: B'dorel (goes by the nickname, "Fern")
Class: Defender of the Forest (just made this title up)
Style: melee/magic
Weapon: Rapier
Craft: Gardening
Loyalty: neutral-good
Blood line: Tribe of the Earth- Green Magic
Clothing: Loose green/brown flowing garb. Kinda like a monk's habit except it really blends in well with environs. Allows eazy movement. Includes hood. Sandles. Protects my skin against the sun without being too thick and helps me move around more unnoticed
Appearance: Slender and seemingly tall without being over 5.5 feet. Everything is long and skinny, but muscular.
Skills: Growth (can make plants grow even in desert), master swordsman with Rapier (more skill/finesse), truthtell (can tell if someone is lying), diagnosis (can tell what is physically wrong with someone nearly instantly), plants (he knows plants to make poisons or remedies)
Connections: knows many people who live nearby and has saved lives, but does not keep close contact.
Life style: He has cultivated a small grove/garden in the desert near a small spring. He lives within one of the trees and will help any who enter the grove injured to the best of his abilities. His magic is focused on making things grow and is weak outside of that area, although he has the truthtell ability and the diagnosis ability. He can also use meditation exercises to enhance his senses and reflexes (can i do that or does that have to be one of the 5 abilities?). However he is very protective of his grove and fights to protect it. He does not like to work with others and cannot or will not lie. He does not like to leave his grove, but will if an order comes from the head of the preisthood or if he feels the situation is dire enough. When he leaves he will always take his sachel full of various herbs and seeds with a blow gun in a secret pocket in the bottom and his rapier strapped to his back. He will not attack unless he has evidence that the person wishes him or his friends bodily harm. He has few friends but is nearly as protective of them as he is his grove. He conceals his grove when he is gone and leaves animals who are extinct in the rest of the desert garding it (if he can again?). He does not beleive the dragons are gods, but rather in a pantheon of gods that live in the heavens. His patron god is the god of growing, Pan'tre'dal. He is not very open about his beleif system and will not argue for or against the beleifs of others. Overall not much is known about him except that he is considered very trustworthy and that he helps those in need and many would gladly repay him however he wished them to.
Characteristics: He does not like to be away from his grove and will get exceedingly uncomfortable away from green, growing plants. The longer he is gone the more he will meditate. If he has the chance he will plant seedlings at stops along the way by springs and get them started so they will suceed and exist for years to come. Very solitary. Silent, grim, and determined while at the same time kindly. Not a leader. I can't think of anything else. If you want to give any suggestions, please feel free."

hmmm... maybe I could do a different character that is less magic based and more fighting focused...

what do you suggest?

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-27-2005, 10:58 PM
Post #3
Black~Enthusiasm

Arch Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn969

hmmm... maybe I could do a different character that is less magic based and more fighting focused...

By playing White Wolf, I learned that real power in a character isn't in fighting skills, nor in magic. Its in his background, personal influance, and who he knows and why. And before I make such a character, I'd have to know more about how seathus work.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-28-2005, 08:08 AM
Post #4
Urin_BloodfaceII

Demi-God

Where can I find the different options for whats avalable ?

I have no Idea ... I have never played any D&D or similar. Anyway here goes ...

Name : Biroth Bearclaw
Class : Former Worrior of the occupied/desroyed nation of "X"
Style : meelee ,throwing and rotten ( assasin , poision , ambushes etc )
weapon : a pair of bearclaws ( japaneese , not real bearclaws) and poisioned daggers. ( can also use the bearclaws for climbing ) and a spiked tiped boot.
Craft : lockpick , stealth, pickpocket
Loyalty : Neutral Evil
Bloodline : The son of a fallen knight in X , the house of Fehrons.
Clothing : Very very dark green clothes, black boots and belts has a robe and usually a chain mail when he is not up to something.
Apperance : Dark brown hair, ruggid hair and about 7 cm long. black eyebrows and a little brown goatee. He is 1:85 and has stong arms , but not that great legs.
Skills: stelth , lockpick , assasinate , climb , a super liar and a good negotiator.
Connections: Knew alot of people from X but here just his rumor is known.
Life style: After X fell , hes walked around and looking for work and gotten money so that he one time can buy a wineyard and chill.So he is very interested in Ferns treeloving hippie skills. He loved his homeland and can shed a tear for it if some memories pop up. He is an exquisit liar and negotiator but he should only do small negotiations since if he lies to big people it can ruin his reputation big time. ehhh hmmm

Last edited by Urin_BloodfaceII on 05-28-2005 at 08:58 AM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-28-2005, 03:45 PM
Post #5
Black~Enthusiasm

Arch Druid

Your characters are so generic.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Post #6
Urin_BloodfaceII

Demi-God

well ... i dont want to be a freak in a freak world ... im a average guy ... dont hate me =)

folder icon   06-04-2005, 02:27 PM
Post #7
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

ok, the origonal sea'thus was made of islands. no more!

a single continent now, divided by a mountain range down the middle.
too the left is the Forest of Endless Night. full of red woods that block out the sun.
ran by the laniths.....think of them as samurai elfs

south of the mountains, in forest still, lie the Armarians. big mean with animal eyes.

in the mountains rules the Men of Mitil, a barbarian viking like tribe. greatest archers in all the world.

to the east is uncharted territory....all you know is its a dying land. fading away slowly.

GOOD RACES

the Laniths
the Mitil men
the Tiefs (2 ft tall bezerks)

EVIL RACES

the Armarians
the Ifleats (blue animal men, tail, fur, thick dark hair...)
the Juggernaughts (can't play )
the fallen men of istine! (east land)

Я ни псих или героя

Listen to my words. Fear not for I am an Angel, I Love you and I will guide you. ~ Malkavian Bible

"I am only a Product of your Necessity"
~ Jack The Prophet, The Book of Jack
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   07-27-2005, 11:05 AM
Post #8
XxHANZO

Official Forum Ninja

Zapthrottle on Turalyon

Name : Kargon
Class : Warrior (DnD Fighter)
Style : He excels in fighting multiple foes by tripping and using his weapon at range.
Weapon : Spiked Chain (A 10' length of chain that has brutal spikes welded to it.) a few Javelins and a Longbow
Craft :He has made many of his own weapons and armor. He has also trained himself to be alert.
Loyalty : Law and Neutrality
Bloodline : The Men of Mitil- Commoner
Clothing : He wears an iron breast plate that has been blackened by fire, pitted by acid, and corroded by water. His cloak is in similar disrepare as his breastplate, with tears and frayed edges. He keeps a suit of decorative armor and clothes in his home, which he wears for special occasions. (Decorative armor is just a really thin peice of sheet steel that he keeps polished and in good repair. Very little armor value)
Apperance : Kargon has long dark hair, stands at 6'4" and has a "Wirey" build. He is fairly handsome and has little trouble with the ladies.
Skills: Just gonna put the DND feats that he needs most-
Improved Trip (lets me trip someone then make an attack when they are down.)
Combat reflexes (Allows me to make more attack of oppotunity... like attacking someon who is getting up from being tripped)
Whirlwind Attack- Allows me to attack all adjacent opponants.
Power Attack- lets me spend some of my accuracy for a more brutal attack.
Combat expertise- increases my AC by decreasing my attack bonus.
(He ofcoarse also has the feat to allow him to weild the spiked chain, and Weapon focus in that)
Connections: The Master blacksmith in his home village, a few people from the adventurer's guild, and he is slowly getting to know the people of the town he has settled in.
Life style: The son of a farmer, he was lucy to be apprenticed to a master blacksmith. After years of hard work at the forge the master knowticed the boy's natural skills at the craft. He also knowticed that the boy was a ready hand at using the items he made. The master sent him to the Adventurers guild where Kargon meet his mentor, Ghrom, a big burly man who taught him alot about the arts of combat. Ghrom and Kargon fought many battles together, against strange beasts and malicious men. Ghrom died when Kargon was 22, and for 3 years Kargon has been out of the adventuring trade, and opened a smithy in a small village.

Sidenote- This is a 9th lvl DnD character, so some of his abilities can be as of yet unlearned (Things hes working on) and such if your going to want to make him weaker.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
Return to Top  

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: