ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > General Gaming Discussion > More Thoughts on Medivh
Search this Thread:

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

More Thoughts on Medivh  
folder icon   08-21-2001, 03:58 AM
More Thoughts on Medivh Post #1
Carmius

Freelance Bum

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">War3.com: Can you give us any hint as to why Medivh is returning (as he was seen in the e3'01 trailer), since he was supposedly killed in WarCraft I?

Bill Roper: You canít always believe what you see Ė or what you think you see Ė in trailers.</font>

What do you think he means???

folder icon   08-22-2001, 09:56 AM
Post #2
Dieter

The Swedish Chef

Currently on vacation.

Personally, I don't think I wanna know. That's very likely to be a main part of the storyline, and I'd like to be surprised by it.

folder icon   08-22-2001, 01:27 PM
Post #3
Snotface

Headhunter

Well...
I dont see why all thought it was Medihv in the trailer in the first place.
He is dead!
And I think that the mage in the trailer was just an ordinary necromanser.

folder icon   08-22-2001, 10:53 PM
Post #4
crazy~f0u !!!

Raider

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Snotface:

And I think that the mage in the trailer was just an ordinary necromanser.
</font>

Na, its probably not a necromancer, and certainly not a ordinary caracter.

folder icon   08-22-2001, 11:03 PM
Post #5
Chib

Tauren

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Snotface:
Well...
I dont see why all thought it was Medihv in the trailer in the first place.
He is dead!
</font>
warcraftiii.net interviewed blizzard shortly after the trailer was released and blizzard told warcraftiii.net that it was medivh at the end.
so its not just some necromancer, it IS medivh

folder icon   08-23-2001, 01:28 AM
Post #6
The_Lone_Gunman*

Overlord

nah when is war3.net right?

but ya i think hes tryng to make us think its not medive-but it is

Be respectful of your superiors, if you have any.~ Mark Twain
Actually, It turns out I'm the President of the Forums, and forgot.
http://forumsx.net/showthread.php?t=26044&page=3&pp=35
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   08-23-2001, 04:12 AM
Post #7
Kayless

Catapult

If it is Medivh then I guess itís possible that he's working with the Burning Legion. Wasnít his soul corrupted by the spirit of Sargeras? He did know where the Tomb was after all, and he was the one who opened the Portal to Draenor in the first place. It seems likely he'd be on their side. He could also be working with the Scourge as their in league with the Legion (and Medivh could be a member of the undead now).

folder icon   08-25-2001, 09:29 AM
Post #8
Snotface

Headhunter

Well...
Then we have too wait and find out!

folder icon   08-25-2001, 05:07 PM
Post #9
nightfox

Catapult

I think the question should not be ,who but rather if (sorry if this confuses you, but it just sounded cool ) What I mean is that maybe it was all a dream of Thrall's.
And as for all of you newbies, and theories you might have as to where Medivh came from or who he's working for or how he figures into the storyline, they've all been stated countless dozens of time before. Pretty much every week there's a post about him. Just look back a ways and you'll see that your ideas have already been posted, so there's no need to do it again, thanks

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   08-26-2001, 02:39 AM
Post #10
Platon38

Tauren Chieftain

That is kinda strange....
I think that the only thing that he could of meant was that Medivh is not coming back.... maybe blizzard changed their mind and Medivh is not in the storyline

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   08-26-2001, 03:56 AM
Post #11
Carmius

Freelance Bum

I like the idea of him being in the dream, but it may not be cause he (or it) was featured after Thrall wakes up. Maybe it's a flash-back to the dream to show why Thrall was sweating. Or maybe he's just there to point at the screen saying that the fate of the world is in your hands.

folder icon   08-26-2001, 07:08 PM
Post #12
Platon38

Tauren Chieftain

I will admit that i had not seen the trailer until yesterday because it is 30megs and takes 3 hours to download.... after i heard the music, i finally downloaded it and it is the best looking piece of shit i have ever seen.
Anyway, i think Medivh was in the Dream and i don't care what Roper says. i hope it was Medivh
I think maybe in the Orcish campaign, you will start will Thrall and try to defeat Medivh, who is causing chaos once again.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-08-2001, 09:04 PM
Post #13
wedgenz

Spirit Wolf

oh no what if medhiv was ressurected by the scourge those bastards
now hes a bad guy that would be cool aye

folder icon   09-08-2001, 11:34 PM
Post #14
The Slayer

Tauren Chieftain

Well, the burning legion does have the power to bring him back...

-Chieftan
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-08-2001, 11:51 PM
Post #15
Aztek_Warrior

Grunt

Maybe He'll Be The Main Bad Guy, MAybe He'll Be A Good Guy Who SAves Prince Arthus At The End, But THat Thing Roper Said, .... Maybe He's A Ghost!!!!

folder icon   09-09-2001, 01:39 AM
Post #16
taurenlord2000

Catapult

Or maybe it was medihve putting an image into thralls mind. Medihve might not have died maybe he dissapeard before they killed him or they killed a fake.

we will prevail
we are invincible"
FOR THE HORDE

human knights in a pub
"my friend went to the undead plains and came back,when he got back i killed him,AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

For the twin towers and the pentagon we stand united
folder icon   09-09-2001, 02:42 AM
Post #17
Platon38

Tauren Chieftain

or how bout this:
Medivh is currupting Thrall's mind and thrall will become evil.
he may have died but his soul is still with the Burning legion. maybe he commands the Burning Legoin or something

folder icon   09-09-2001, 03:52 AM
Post #18
Ox's Sending

Raider

you know, if the whole medivh thing fell through, it could've been just a druid of the talon. take a look at the staff the guy's holding, if i'm not mistaken, that's a bird on it... and also, trimming his robe, there are rows of black feathers. If that is medivh he's gone birdbrained, excuse the pun.

folder icon   09-09-2001, 03:59 AM
Post #19
Platon38

Tauren Chieftain

the idea that it is medivh is not a wild guess.... someone at Blizzard said a while ago that it is Medivh. (don't remember who or when) but i guess it's not if Roper says it's not.

folder icon   09-09-2001, 05:44 AM
Post #20
Kayless

Catapult

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ox's Sending:
you know, if the whole medivh thing fell through, it could've been just a druid of the talon. take a look at the staff the guy's holding, if i'm not mistaken, that's a bird on it... and also, trimming his robe, there are rows of black feathers. If that is medivh he's gone birdbrained, excuse the pun.

</font>

Actually Iíve been wondering about the symbolism of the raven used in the various trailers. In the second War3 cinematic a raven is featured in the beginning of the movie before the Orcish Horde arrives (and is driven off my the multitudes of Orcs rushing towards it). In the third trailer a raven is sitting at Thrallís window when he wakes up and the mysterious cloaked figure has a raven (bird) staff and dark feathers on his cloak.

In many cultures' mythology ravens and crows were often seen as omens of doom, but not always. The ravens Hķgin (Thought) and Munin (Memory) were servants and companions of Odin (the chief god of the Norse mythology). Their mission was to fly around the world and report what they see to their master (not unlike the sentinel and her owl). Whereas ravens appear almost exclusively as signatory animals for deities in Europe, in the shamanic cultures of aboriginal North American tribes Raven appears as a deity himself and is both demiurge and trickster, hero and villain, and often at one and the same time. Many of the Celtic goddesses are also linked with the raven or crow. In these myths the goddesses are the aggressive deities, those associated with war and death. The association of the birds with death and war is an obvious reflection of its tendency to eat carrion, plenty of which is to be found in the aftermath of battle. The other main characteristic of the raven in Irish and Welsh myth is that of prophesy.

Now I'm probably reading way too much into this but I think it's worth considering some of historical legends surrounding the raven. Blizzard does base their games on creatures of myth and legend so there might be some ulterior motive for them showcasing the raven like they have.

folder icon   09-09-2001, 06:08 AM
Post #21
Carmius

Freelance Bum

All i know is that crow's mean bad luck, but you're talking about ravens.

Howabout this. Medivh IS the raven!!!!!!!! That's why he's at the window!

folder icon   09-09-2001, 04:00 PM
Post #22
Ox's Sending

Raider

never more, never more

folder icon   09-09-2001, 09:33 PM
Post #23
Aztek_Warrior

Grunt

He's not a raven, when "medivh" was the splash screen on blizzard, if u looked closely, u could even see his face, and... HE WAS YOUNG

folder icon   09-10-2001, 07:04 AM
Post #24
elvenWarrior

Raider

god knows what he's talking about.... they always seem to have a way of twisting things and blablabla

The elven warriors will one day descend from the Holy Mountains and lay waste to the orcish horde.
Return to Top  

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: