ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > General Gaming Discussion > BL could be NPC in the middle of~
Search this Thread:

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

BL could be NPC in the middle of~  
folder icon   02-06-2001, 01:21 AM
BL could be NPC in the middle of~ Post #1
Kojikisan

Spirit Wolf

So far Blizzard do have NPC characters that could be hired or fight against you, right? What if in the middle of multiplayer game, infernal would drop from the sky and start fighting everyone? It sounds highly unlikely, but think of it. Anyone who sent every troops they had out to attack another player could be destroyed because they weren't prepared for sudden attack. This could only make sense if there are more than 8 people playing, but I think it could bring that weird twist games felt when an earthquake happens in simcity....

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-06-2001, 01:29 AM
Post #2
Warlock

Arch Druid

Melina on Malygos

Actually, that sounds pretty cool. Sort of a random spawning NPC. They could have this big comet crash into the ground (causing damage where it landed), and out of a smoking crater, an infernal (or some other Legion unit) would imerge and begin an attack on the nearest player. Like you said, if you weren't ready, you'd be in trouble.. sounds like a cool idea.. I wonder if they'll do anything like that..

* WarCraft Trivia God! *

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-06-2001, 01:30 AM
Post #3
Darkwolf

Overlord

I think it will definetaly happen in single player, but only if you want it to in multiplayer.(dropping from the sky)

Damn, what if one drops in your base? Then you would really be screwed.

folder icon   02-06-2001, 02:04 AM
Post #4
RepoMan

Shaman

But maybe if you were making the Multi maps you could designate a certain area where it would drop. It would still be random but it would drop only in that area. So you could make it so that it would only hit a base or make it so that it would completely miss a base and just wander around aimlessly.

"It can fly at you like a sudden storm, without warning, from nowhere, and devour you, consume you with its ferocious appetite. The Wendigo is hungry, always hungry. And its hunger is never satisfied. The more it eats the bigger it gets. And the bigger it gets, the hungrier it gets."
-The Wendigo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I have wings, so why am I always walking?"
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-06-2001, 02:30 AM
Post #5
Tundra

Tauren

Wouldn't be fair to the closer player to the drop point, but if you could set a location like in Starcraft around a start location to mark an area NOT to drop and set the rest of the map to random it could work.
Or for a simpler approach, an infernal won't drop in a certain radius of a gold mine, or other resourse (whatever it may be).

folder icon   02-06-2001, 02:33 AM
Post #6
RepoMan

Shaman

Well that's pretty much what I meant by saying a set place. Like you could have drop anywhere except towns.

"It can fly at you like a sudden storm, without warning, from nowhere, and devour you, consume you with its ferocious appetite. The Wendigo is hungry, always hungry. And its hunger is never satisfied. The more it eats the bigger it gets. And the bigger it gets, the hungrier it gets."
-The Wendigo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I have wings, so why am I always walking?"
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-06-2001, 09:43 AM
Post #7
ChronoBurn

Grunt

That would be awesome to have an infernal drop from the sky and cause havoc all over the place. If they could do that why not have other NPC's enter in from the edges of the map... say like along a road or maybe by boat or something like that.

from matter and light envinced in solid and shade."
folder icon   02-06-2001, 10:29 AM
Post #8
algumacoisaqualquer

Grunt

It could be like lots of infernal raining at the same time spreading all over the map, so everybody would have to worry about them, and the players with bigger bases, or more expansinons would suffer a lot more damage (something like 1 infernal at each expansion) than one player with only 1 base. This could make the game more fun, since that even if one player is loosing, he still have a chance.

folder icon   02-06-2001, 10:31 AM
Post #9
hogl

Headhunter

the moment your base are bigger that the other guys, and it start raining... you'll regret you just said that

and in the darkness bind them
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-06-2001, 10:40 AM
Post #10
algumacoisaqualquer

Grunt

the moment your base are smaller that the other guys, and it start raining... you'll thank me for saing that

Seriously, even after a rain, the one with more expansion would still be in advantage, but the infernals would soft the diference between the players, and this could be something like you can turn on/off before playing a map.

folder icon   02-06-2001, 10:51 AM
Post #11
hogl

Headhunter

i like the idea of one infernal falling down a random place on the map better (bases should be infernal free zones).

it's like those damned lightning storm in tiberian sun... i hate stuff like that

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-06-2001, 10:57 AM
Post #12
Fenris

Grunt

sounds good to me

now if only blizzard were reading these posts....

Eater of Wotan
folder icon   02-06-2001, 11:03 AM
Post #13
algumacoisaqualquer

Grunt

Well, on second tought, it would be really anoing having to worry about infernals falling right in the midlle of your base and destroing everything, but as long as this feature coulde be turn on and off, it wouldn't be a problem. of course that there is the possibility of the rain been so annoing that no one would play with them, and it would be just a waste of time implementing that. But if the infernals never (or hardly) spawned in towns, it could be fun too, altrought it woudn't be the same.
Actually, now I'm confused, I realy don't know what to think...

folder icon   02-06-2001, 11:34 AM
Post #14
Draupner

Tauren

Neat! Blizzard would surely succeed if they allowed the Burning legion to drop from the sky in the middle of a battle (like in the trailer). This should be soomething similar to the teleportation spell.

Think of it, an orc army battleing a human army and suddenly.. KAABUUMM!!! The Infernal makes their appearence in a big terrorizing meteor...This will give you a big surprize during games and keep the game interesting...

Kill them with swords, kill them with lances and spears. Kill them with the bolts of your crossbows. Kill their warriors, kill their women and their children, their elderly and their sick. Kill their hounds, cattle and their livestock. But above all, kill with pleasure.

Dark Elf captain Daerkhil
folder icon   02-06-2001, 11:37 AM
Post #15
Draupner

Tauren

Damn! I just thought this was MY idea...Rats!

Kill them with swords, kill them with lances and spears. Kill them with the bolts of your crossbows. Kill their warriors, kill their women and their children, their elderly and their sick. Kill their hounds, cattle and their livestock. But above all, kill with pleasure.

folder icon   02-06-2001, 11:42 AM
Post #16
darkys

Catapult

It would be kind of funny seeing inferno riding on a motor boat and jumping on to land heh. Also inferno could drop from an airplane with a parachute

folder icon   02-06-2001, 12:09 PM
Post #17
Draupner

Tauren

Yeah! Or how about giving the Mountain King a special ability called 'smash!' which would hurt his enemy so hardly, he would fly into the screen (huh?)

folder icon   02-06-2001, 01:37 PM
Post #18
Charsenal

Catapult

I think that most people would welcome some kind of random spawning super-neutral, like an Infernal or 2. It would give some fat exp to any of your heroes.

And I agree, towns ought to be exempt from raining Infernals.

folder icon   02-06-2001, 01:39 PM
Post #19

i think it would make the game a lot more difficult for that to happen. i think it would be pretty sweet to have infernals raining down at random. even in your base. i wouldnt mind that much...but only if its like 1 infernal. that would add a ton more challenge

edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-06-2001, 03:38 PM
Post #20
Keeper of the Elves

Catapult

HAHA falling from the sky i dont like that it sounds to difficult because you cant escape those TO HARD ENEMIES WHO NOBODY SEEMS TO SUMMON BECAUSE THERE TO STRONg now they are falling down from the sky ahahahhahahahahahaha dont make me lauch. they already are on earth because the Trogs already felt it and come out of the water. Dont call my messages stupid!! this is an stupid thing and all of you guys think its coool YOU ALL ARE CRAZY.
for the once who are not WWW.WARIII.COM

folder icon   02-06-2001, 03:40 PM
Post #21
hogl

Headhunter

hey, take it easy man.
summoning a demon just don't quite fit any of the races...
And this seems cooler anyways

folder icon   02-06-2001, 05:39 PM
Post #22
Warlock

Arch Druid

Melina on Malygos

Well it's easier to understand the messages when they aren't typed in all caps with no periods and horrible grammar (let alone having them mention some other war 3 site in every one).

And there's about 0% chance of any race summoning Demons, as that is the race they're fighting to begin with!

* WarCraft Trivia God! *

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-06-2001, 09:27 PM
Post #23
6gregory9

Shadow Hunter

For the once who are not? Who are these once? Why are they not crazy? What is wrong with them if they are not crazy? Is it that they are just ignorant of better places such as this one over that freakish hell hole filled with monsters such as Gaile?

I don't need your war machines, I don't need your ghetto scenes. Coloured lights can hypnotise, now sparkle some one elses eyes.
Warrior, The Time Bombs
About To Go
What Will You Feel
Will You Even Wonder
If The Man That'sin Your Sights
Ever Kissed His Girl Goodbye
folder icon   02-06-2001, 09:48 PM
Post #24
Darkwolf

Overlord

Yeah, what he said.

Return to Top  

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page