ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > General Gaming Discussion > Turn Based Warcraft
Search this Thread:

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Turn Based Warcraft  
folder icon   02-07-2001, 02:52 PM
Turn Based Warcraft Post #1
RepoMan

Shaman

Wouldn't it be cool if Blizzard made a Turn Based Warcraft game. I am a fan of TBS and RTS. I have always wondered how a Warcraft TBS would work our.

"It can fly at you like a sudden storm, without warning, from nowhere, and devour you, consume you with its ferocious appetite. The Wendigo is hungry, always hungry. And its hunger is never satisfied. The more it eats the bigger it gets. And the bigger it gets, the hungrier it gets."
-The Wendigo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I have wings, so why am I always walking?"
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-07-2001, 03:00 PM
Post #2
Mcriket002001

Shaman

Turn based is alright but...multiplayer. They would have to have multiplayer over email or BBS or something. There wouldnt be battle.net for a turn-based WC cuz people would take tooo long to take their turn and all that other stuff. Not saying that WC turn-based would be bad or anything. By the way, have you play the Stars! turn-based game? Metal Knights 98? Those are cool.

Here I sit
broken-hearted
I came to shit
but only farted.
-MrFurious

Amor est optimus.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-07-2001, 03:02 PM
Post #3
Draupner

Tauren

I like that idea!! Though if they were going to make it it should be in a new craft game.

I always liked how some games have some minor aspects in them - such as Arcomage in Might and Magic. Might and Magic sucks but arcomage is actually kind of funny. That would appeal a little to the turn-based thing. If they decide to make some card games within warcraft III you should have to build an inn in order to play them...

Kill them with swords, kill them with lances and spears. Kill them with the bolts of your crossbows. Kill their warriors, kill their women and their children, their elderly and their sick. Kill their hounds, cattle and their livestock. But above all, kill with pleasure.

Dark Elf captain Daerkhil
folder icon   02-07-2001, 03:02 PM
Post #4
RepoMan

Shaman

No never played those. I like the fact that you can play multiplayer without going on the net with TBS. You just play hot seat.

"It can fly at you like a sudden storm, without warning, from nowhere, and devour you, consume you with its ferocious appetite. The Wendigo is hungry, always hungry. And its hunger is never satisfied. The more it eats the bigger it gets. And the bigger it gets, the hungrier it gets."
-The Wendigo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-07-2001, 03:41 PM
Post #5
Madeblaster

Shaman

I think the only good part about a turn based craft game would be not having to worry about lag.

folder icon   02-07-2001, 04:01 PM
Post #6
The Shining

Tauren

what if the player could choose between turn-based and real time? just a thought.
If you like TBS, then try Heroes of Might & Magic series. It rocks!

Public Disclaimer - Any similarity to real life persons or events are purely intentional. If you have taken offence from this post and would like to kill or maim me horribly,

AHHHHH HELP HELP HELP!!! *Runs away*
folder icon   02-07-2001, 04:07 PM
Post #7
RepoMan

Shaman

Oh I know Heroes is sweet. I own them all.

-The Wendigo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

folder icon   02-07-2001, 06:59 PM
Post #8
Vasilisk

Overlord

stole Heros of Might and Magic CD from a friend (well, kinda). turn based is kinda weird though. anyone ever play LoTR 2. that had some cool concepts

folder icon   02-07-2001, 07:26 PM
Post #9
DrunkenMage

Catapult

Man, how can you say Heroes of Might and Magic sux!

Its prolly the best fantasy TBS game around - i cant wait for Heroes IV (ive got all the games also)

Well.. LoTR was.. alrite... but they needed some major fixes

You know wha'd be cool? A shogun like game (as in mass armies) set in Europe with castles (which you can design) and some technology progressing (like eventaully.. getting cannons and stuff)

folder icon   02-07-2001, 07:32 PM
Post #10
Vasilisk

Overlord

ya, that would be nice DrunkenMage. never played shogun, but it looked (and still does) sweet. maybe the people who made shogun have something planning, some wheels turning!

folder icon   02-07-2001, 08:10 PM
Post #11
.uber

Lore Geek

Turn based!? =[ yeesh dunno so much about that. I don't have the patience for it. Especially now that the game is supposed to be so combat oriented I don't think the whole turn based thing would fly well.

folder icon   02-07-2001, 08:12 PM
Post #12
RepoMan

Shaman

I can't wait for Heroes 4 either. I thought those chronicles games were kind of pointless though.

-The Wendigo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

folder icon   02-07-2001, 08:14 PM
Post #13
Grendal

Shaman

Location: In a small decaying village were I conduct experiments on the dead to destroy you all!!

There is a shogun like game in europe with cannons and muskets xt it called cossack europeon wars. it's pretty cool or at least from the demo it is. If you liked shogun you might want to check it out.

folder icon   02-07-2001, 08:17 PM
Post #14
Vasilisk

Overlord

cool, i will the demo sometime. ubie, turn based served its purpose, and i don't agree it would go with war2. the latest attempt was LoM i think. the battles were SWEET!

folder icon   02-07-2001, 08:19 PM
Post #15
RepoMan

Shaman

Lords of Magic? No no. There have been many since then. Heroes 3 and it's expansion, Age of Wonders and many more.

-The Wendigo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

folder icon   02-07-2001, 08:36 PM
Post #16
DrunkenMage

Catapult

Yea, i've played cossaks before

Fun for your musketeers to take pot shots at the poor peasants in a wheat field

Actually, a TBS game for Warcraft is always possible...

The hero is the leader guy (of course)

Resources are like gold mines and stuff

There are quite a few neutral creatures to fight (raiders / rogues, ogres, etc.)

Castles / towns can be in

However, it would sound like an extreme ripoff of the Heroes series

folder icon   02-07-2001, 09:04 PM
Post #17
Vasilisk

Overlord

Age of Wonders was a half-a$$ game, but some cool units and races

folder icon   02-07-2001, 09:06 PM
Post #18
RepoMan

Shaman

Shut up AOW was sweet. It had alot of good elements. Enought for them to make another one wich is coming out this year or early next year.

-The Wendigo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

folder icon   02-07-2001, 09:08 PM
Post #19
Grendal

Shaman

Location: In a small decaying village were I conduct experiments on the dead to destroy you all!!

Thats pretty much true about AOW but stil it was kinda fun. Personally I prefer merching a dragoon through his down converting his peasents .

Return to Top  

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: