ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > General Gaming Discussion > Screenshot Caption
Search this Thread:

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Screenshot Caption  
folder icon   02-03-2002, 12:41 AM
Screenshot Caption Post #1
Warlock

Arch Druid

Melina on Malygos

Wow, down and I still beat WCIII.net.. hehe..

The Night Elves (red) and Humans (blue) clash in this shot which takes place in Azeroth in the Autumn. The controlling player is the Night Elves, lead by two heroes, a Demon Hunter and a Priestess of the Moon. The Demon Hunter is currently selected, and while he only has one spell (Immolation), he has several intesting items. The first is a Mana Potion, and according to Blizzard, the second is a Healing Potion. The second row shows off two mysterious rings. The first resembles a Gryphon or bird of some kind. A possibility might be a Ring of Speed, but that seems unlikely for such a unique ring. Perhaps it has some special function. The second has been speculated as a Ring of Regeneration, since in previous shots it has been seen on heroes but with no visible effect to any stats (and a Ring of Regerenation wouldn't have one). But that could be wrong. The last item is a Scroll of Town Portal, which will teleport the Hero back to their nearest Town Hall structure. The Priestess of the Moon is certainly carrying her weight in the battle, using her Ultimate spell, Starfall. It looks like a powerful spell, especially based on the large number of corpses! Her icon above is currently flashing red, indicating that she is being attacked.

Other NE units include three Wisps, three Archers (only one can be seen onscreen however), two Hippogryphs, and a Huntress. Blizzard has revealed some interesting information on some of these units. Wisps have two special abilities, Heal and Detonate. Detonate apparently dispels magic (perhaps at the cost of the Wisp). Blizzard also mentioned that Archers can mount Hippogryphs to form into Hippogryph Riders. While riding Hippogryphs, the Archers can attack with a barrage of arrows. It should be interesting to see if there are any other abilities gained from this merge (perhaps the Hippogryph Rider can Shadowmeld?). Right now the Hippogryphs are unmounted, and attacking the Humans below. One explosion could actually be from their attacks, the one directly to the right of the Sorceress. It looks different from the other Starfall explosions, suggesting it may have come from the Hippogyphs.

The Human side is having a hard time fighting the onslaught. They have a Paladin left, as well as a Peasant, two Riflemen, and a Sorceress. Not much help against such a large army. The Human buildings include a Cannon Tower in the upper center, as well as a Keep to its right (which resembles the Town Hall but with a stone design rather than wood). There is also a Farm/House to the right of the Keep which is currently on fire, and in the very upper right corner of the shot, an Arcane Sanctum, the building that creates the Sorceress. Too bad half is cut off, it looks like an impressive structure.

* WarCraft Trivia God! *

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-03-2002, 06:06 AM
Post #2
MeshiMinsh

Ranger

this one was a great sceenie. bur i want to see more night screens, and when the NE shadowmeld.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-03-2002, 10:58 AM
Post #3
the unhallowed

Farseer

this screnne looks very good. corrcet me if im wrong but itys the firest time we see the DH profile right ?

a spell was cast and the sky turned red
The angel's heart froze to ice
in his gloomy sky - the slience where dead angels lie

you owe me 5 dollers for reading
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-03-2002, 11:27 AM
Post #4
Chib

Tauren

But you didn't beat me! =P
And you forgot to enlighten us poor, clueless individuals about the destroyed Tower at 6:00 and the little sheep at 11.

folder icon   02-04-2002, 01:33 AM
Post #5
Seraph

Kodo Beast

hmmm

could the demon hunter have new art??? look at its pic. its different

folder icon   02-04-2002, 02:56 AM
Post #6
jov

like a fox!

yeah, the deamon hunter look slike he has new art. i thought so with the black eye band. it used to be team colored.

and chib, read again, he mentions the destroyed tower, he even generates a hypothosis that the hippogryphs destroyed it, not the starfall spell. read next time. i find that if it gets to long, some of you weenie give up due to lack of brain power or something. besides, you mentioning that he needs to mention something he already mentioned, makes you look rather stupid.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
Return to Top  

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: