Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/thegeekm/forumsx.net/includes/functions_bbcodeparse.php on line 592

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/thegeekm/forumsx.net/includes/functions_bbcodeparse.php on line 592

ForumsX - What to do...
ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > StarCraft II Discussion > What to do...
Search this Thread:

newthread reply StarCraft II Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

What to do...  
folder icon   02-17-2009, 02:27 PM
What to do... Post #1
Kris

StarCraft Live
Webmaster

What should we all be doing w/ StarcraftLive? Honestly myself and Grunt I believe too simply do not have the time to keep the site up to date w/ news. For those that have not posted news, it is quite a time consuming job that often requires an hour or two of committment each day. If you don't get news posted that soon, you might as well not have posted it at all.

Yet give up on the site we must not. But a new direction take it will. What direction that be, decide is up to you.

Give you your ideas, your thoughts, your suggestions (and your tired and poor and weak).

A couple thoughts tossed around are a sort of faux newspaper/satire for the Starcraft Universe and some sort of site driven by user content (though give that the game is not released, there is not much of that right now).

Fun Infused Games | My Blog | Smooth Operator | Evilscale | Wellplayed.net
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-18-2009, 04:44 AM
Post #2
Funderbunk

Farseer

Satire definately. Humor goes a long long way. That's what drew me to war3 rather than other warcraft fansites.

folder icon   02-18-2009, 12:38 PM
Post #3
Kris

StarCraft Live
Webmaster

War3.com was funny? I must have missed that.

Funny that they hosted my site for a while though, in it's later days.

Fun Infused Games | My Blog | Smooth Operator | Evilscale | Wellplayed.net
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-22-2009, 09:28 PM
Post #4
Kjell Thusaud

Arch Druid

Micky Mouse on Crack

faux newspaper/satire seems the way to go.

Then we can make stuff up.

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Post #5
Øl.

Banshee

Kerrigan fanfic

Sorry guys, but this is the only way it's gonna survive; you've seen what the internet's like nowdays.

(Jim ran his fingers over her slimy zergy breasts...)

I back the satire idea in seriousness, though.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-23-2009, 07:06 AM
Post #6
Funderbunk

Farseer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris
War3.com was funny? I must have missed that.

Funny that they hosted my site for a while though, in it's later days.

Not really, but they occassionally reported something funny whereas shit like warcraftiii.net was too busy acting like they're professionals.

folder icon   03-02-2009, 04:20 AM
It is quite a time consuming job Post #7
Robel1

have the time to keep the site up to date w/ news. For those that have not posted news, it is quite a time consuming job that often requires an hour or two of committment each day. If you don't get news posted that soon, you might as well not have posted it at all.

edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Post #8
Zorax

Sig Nazi

I once wrote a news article for War3.com where I 'interviewed' an Orc peon or something like that about his working conditions. Uh, I also had one where Blizzard announced that Papa Smurf was going to be a mercenary hero. Someone else wrote one about gummy bears joining the Burning Legion. I dunno... we had fun.

folder icon   03-29-2009, 04:17 PM
committment each day Post #9
Robel2008

For those that have not posted news, it is quite a time consuming job that often requires an hour or two of committment each day. If you don't get news posted that soon, you might as well not have posted it at all.

edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-31-2009, 05:02 PM
Post #10
Sojourner

Huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robel2008
For those that have not posted news, it is quite a time consuming job that often requires an hour or two of committment each day. If you don't get news posted that soon, you might as well not have posted it at all.

See, I spend three hours every time, so each time I realise I might as well not post it at all.

The Who
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   04-06-2009, 02:52 PM
known as Love, Anderu Post #11
rony2008

Funderbunk - the idiot formerly known as Love, Anderu, True Neutral (Hot XXX), food, Dark Jester, Sadistic, Frank Stalone, Arctic_Sniper, Avathar, Funderbunk, dimitri583, Aeyo, gladheateher, and Forzan... or was he?

edit.gif reply.gif
Return to Top  

newthread reply StarCraft II Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: