Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/thegeekm/forumsx.net/includes/functions_bbcodeparse.php on line 592

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/thegeekm/forumsx.net/includes/functions_bbcodeparse.php on line 592

ForumsX - Four diamonds, ranked 5 solo
ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > StarCraft II Discussion > Four diamonds, ranked 5 solo
Search this Thread:

newthread reply StarCraft II Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Four diamonds, ranked 5 solo  
folder icon   10-02-2010, 04:15 AM
Four diamonds, ranked 5 solo Post #1
TheMadMac

Pics or it didn't happen!

yo am i sick or what

Diamond league is "pro league". which is nice because i play this game so much it might as well be my profession. I played in front of my friends the other day, they had a sweaty nerd fest about it. "WOAH DUDE, THAT GUY IS STRAIGHT UP TWITCHY." I'm good, but Blizzard is funny with these leagues. They want everyone to feel really good about themselves. The "invite league" isn't all that hard to get into. There are HUNDREDS of diamond leagues. The whole concept is silly.

jpg.gifAttachment: fifth place.JPG (125754 bytes, 59 views)
jpg.gifAttachment: four diamonds.JPG (132789 bytes, 67 views)

folder icon   10-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Post #2
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Strawberry on the Shortcake

Yes, they want everyone to feel good about themselves. Which is why I got put in the Gold league, where I get raped by assholes all the time.

folder icon   10-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Post #3
Pellanor

Administrator

uggh, I know the feeling. I'm stuck in silver I could probably make it up to gold if I didn't play random, and if I could figure how how to stop a bloody cannon rush *weep*

SC2 ID: Pellanor - 760
LoL Summoner Name: Pellanor
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Post #4
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Strawberry on the Shortcake

I always play random. I enjoy all three races, and it adds variety that way, even if I can't get as good through specializing.

folder icon   10-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Post #5
Crusty_-_-Gloves

War Chief

I primarily play protoss, but i've played terran about half a dozen times and i'm just as good with them.

I'm in gold league but i put up a tough match for my friends in gold and diamond, even winning about half the games.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Post #6
TheMadMac

I'm a random player myself. It's just more fun! More variety keeps me on my toes.

To beat a cannon rush!

Zerg cannot lose to cannon rushes first of all since the creep protects your base and overlords should scout around the base anyway. All the zerg player has to do is ignore the cannons completely, tech to speedlings, and run to the enemy base. As terran or protoss, it's harder to counter.

First, you have to get soldiers as quick as you can. Whatever you can zealots or marines, and remember that bunkers are free since they can be salvaged.

You have to find the enemy who's cannon rushing you. The easiest way to do this is to scout your enemy's base and see if he's building a forge. If he's building a forge bring your worker back to base and use a new worker scout to look around your base for the probe/pylon. Don't forget to look off ledges that are close to your money.

Now that you've found the enemy probe/pylon you've got two things to do. First, take all your probes/workers, and kill the pylon before there are more than two cannons. If there are three cannons, you're fucked. But if there are two, you can kill that pylon. Next, keep two workers fallowing your enemy's worker. If he loses that probe his rush is over. If you're terran or zerg put your soldiers on that worker, they'll be too weak to fight the cannons anyway.

If there are three or more cannons already then you've got one option only. Make maybe three soldiers with the little money you have and send them straight to the enemy base. He doesn't have any soldiers because he spent all his money making cannons. Kill his workers and the rush is over, kill his forge and the fight is over, kill his pylon and he can't make soldiers.

The worst thing you can do is use early your tier 1 soldiers on cannons. They will die. All your workers +1 soldier against 2 cannons has a pretty good chance. If you're fighting any more than 2 cannons, fuckin counter and tech up to tanks or immortals.

folder icon   10-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Post #7
Pellanor

Administrator

Sweet, thanks for the cannon rush counter guide

I gotta share this vid with you guys. Epic FFA, which includes a zerg getting cannon rushed: http://www.youtube.com/user/HuskySt...h/2/txn0KC14rM0

SC2 ID: Pellanor - 760
LoL Summoner Name: Pellanor
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
Return to Top  

newthread reply StarCraft II Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: