ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > General Gaming Discussion > Past/Future Heroes
Search this Thread:

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Past/Future Heroes  
folder icon   11-06-2002, 10:03 PM
Past/Future Heroes Post #1
Calibur

Grunt

During the developmental and BeTa days of warcraft 3, there was a lot difference from then and now. It was palnned to have six races and flying heroes. Many of the material got scratched and some still are around on the net. You can see some un-used units and spells in the war3 campaign editor, with all these left-overs you'd think that blizzard might use some of the un-used materials to remake heroes/units for the expansion.

This thread is about war3 heroes. Predict your heroes for the expansion and if you find a hero scratched from war3 development, post them up.

This is hopefully a fun thread, please don't put down other people's ideas and insight.

The Nightmare has come...
Calibur

Also Tyco[RC] On Azeroth...I Cant Link the Name for some Reason..
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-06-2002, 10:05 PM
Post #2
Calibur

Grunt

This hero i'm about to post is my prediction for a new Undead hero, assuming at the end of the NE's Campaign the Legion and the dreadlords went poof...In the UD campaign, I Think they hinted that Arthas was going to be the new body for Ner'Zhul. I think that when the two fuse, they'll create a whole new hero character all together.(Lich+DK)
I Call this hero a Reaper (There needs to be a reaper in the undead...whats dead people without a grim reaper?? )
Reaper Picture (this was an earlier DK form..it probabaly looks exactly like a revenant)

The abilities for the Reaper:
Corspe Explosion - A move that is exactly like the DL's Carrion Swarm but with an animation of skulls and bones instead of flies and bats.

Charm - a replacement for the DL's sleep. The move temporarily possesses a single unit for a short period of time; gradually getting longer with level. Possessed units will have a noticeable (Sp..?) Purple-Pinkish "aura" around them.
Level 1-Duration:10 Cooldown:10 MP:100 Range:80 AoE:n/a
Level 2-Duration:25 Cooldown:10 MP:100 Range:80 AoE:n/a
Level 3-Duration:45 Cooldown:10 MP:100 Range:80 AoE:n/a
Allowed Targets- Organic (or non-mechanical) non-hero units (enemy units)

Cold Thrust - an ability similar to the MK's Bash but instead of stunning, it gives the effect of cold. It'll be somewhat of an offensive frost armor. It is a passive spell that cannot be casted.
Level 1-Duration:4 seconds of cold Cooldown:n/a MP:n/a Range:n/a AoE:n/a
Level 2-Duration:8 seconds of cold Cooldown:n/a MP:n/a Range:n/a AoE:n/a
Level 3-Duration:12 seconds of cold Cooldown:n/a MP:n/a Range:n/a AoE:n/a
Allowed Targets- All Enemy Organic Ground Units
Effects: Level 1-20% chance, damage bonus +5
Level 2-30% chance, damage bonus +10
Level 3-40% chance, damage bonus +15

Tornado/Whirlwind - The Reaper's Ultimate spell (This spell is the DK's tornado from Warcraft 2). It is some what similar to the BM's Bladestorm but the move is uncontrollable (Sp..?) and free-flowing on its own. The user selects a point within the move's range to start it (hopefully in the middle of a battle or a base). The Size of the tornado is like the AM's Blizzard's AoE (Area of Effect).
Duration:180 secs. Cooldown:150 secs. MP:235 Range:90 AoE:50
Effect: Whoever is in the tornado's area of effect will take 130 damage per second. The tornado has no certain direction it moves. It is free-flowing and can move anywhere. The Speed of the Tornado is Two seconds Slower than the Knight's speed (I.E. put the knight and the tornado in a race, give the knight a two second head start and the knight should always be ahead of the Tornado by two seconds).

Thanks for reading my prediction. Please feel free to comment on whatever you want.

The pictures above were taken from the www.war3.com's avatar selection page.

Calibur

Last edited by Calibur on 11-07-2002 at 04:47 PM.
folder icon   11-06-2002, 10:19 PM
Post #3
earthlinksucksass

New Dwarf hero:

Warlord: in the starting of the earth a race called the titans created the dwarfs out of stone.

skillz:
Calling storm Of Stone: the sky hails stone. cousein massive damage to buildings and units.

Summon Titan This spell summons a huge rock monster called a titan.

Past units add to auras effects for every 5 units killed in battle all units around gain a 5% attack and defs bouns only(ally or your own unit).

folder icon   11-06-2002, 11:21 PM
Post #4
Calibur

Grunt

you get the icons at the avatar selection page in your User Profile option

Calibur

folder icon   11-07-2002, 10:05 AM
Post #5
Friend of Fidel

Ranger

The elven hippie
Skills:

Hippie meditation: gives the hippie +30 armor and +10hp life regeneration per sec for 20 seconds but he can't attack in this form.
lvl 1 mana cost 125 duration 20 sec
lvl 2 mana cost 100 duration 20 sec
lvl 3 mana cost 70 duration 25 sec

The hippie shield :
Poisons the air around the hippie making enemy units weaker and draining their hp.

lvl 1 mana cost: 20 + 2 mana per sec. -20% attack for enemy units around the hippie -2 hp per sec for enemy units.
lvl 2 mana cost 20 + 2 mana per sec -25% attack for enemy units and
-3 hp per sec.
lvl 3 mana cost 15 + 2 mana per sec. -30¤ attack for enemy units and
-4 hp per sec.

Hamp aura:
an aura that boosts the morale of your troops giving them extra hp
lvl 1 +10% hp to all friendly units around the hippie
lvl 2 +20% hp to all friendly units around the hippie
lvl 3 +30% hp to all friendly units around the hippie

Ultimate: Anti-War protest.
makes enemy units stop fighting for 30 sec.

mana cost 200 duration 30sec.

Last edited by Friend of Fidel on 11-07-2002 at 10:20 AM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-07-2002, 10:20 AM
Post #6
deathofspam

Arch Druid

Fear hippies!! They will destroy us all one day!!

"What makes a person so poisonous righteous, that they think less of anyone who dares disagree?"
-Moxy Fr?vous
DarkJesterZero1: your on my "Would have sex with list"
She wants a donkey punch, trust me. - Darkwolf
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-07-2002, 12:09 PM
Post #7
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Strawberry on the Shortcake

seriously now.
Calibur: Reaper is a cool idea, though yes, he looks exactly like a revenant, so he should get some new graphics... the old cold wraith looked like a reaper, how about hero-ified cold wraith graphics? for corpse explosion tho, dont make it exactly like carrion swarm--no two spells should be exactly alike. have it target an corpse and create a siege unit-like damage attack with a decent blast radius(like the same radius as dispel or so). leveling it should affect damage it does, mana cost, cooldown, perhaps blast radius. to make it balanced, it should do at least a % of damage to your own units as well--perhaps that also decreases with level. other than that, sounds cool.

Last edited by Planet_Buster on 11-07-2002 at 12:12 PM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-07-2002, 03:37 PM
Post #8
Friend of Fidel

Ranger

Quote:
Originally posted by deathofspam
Fear hippies!! They will destroy us all one day!!

Damn straight

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-07-2002, 04:53 PM
Post #9
Calibur

Grunt

After taking some time to think about corspe explosion ( The Tiolet Seat )
i've come up with a possible idea..

Corspe Explosion - When the user clicks the Corspe Explosion icon, the reaper will go to the nearest corpse and pick it up(this is the initial action of the move..this is the part it will take mana..Corspe Explosion is a 2-step move). While corspe in hand, The Reaper will be slowed down(40% of his normal speed)and may drop the corspe (which cancels the move) if he is hit by an enemy unit. If The Reaper has a corspe inhand..the user may click on the same icon and this will show where the Reaper can throw his corspe to cause damage.(the reaper will have a noticeable(Sp..?) corspe on his shoulder to show enemy/ally units that he is ready to throw)
Level 1-Duration:n/a Cooldown:7 MP:85 Range:60 AoE:20
Level 2-Duration:n/a Cooldown:8 MP:95 Range:60 AoE:20
Level 3-Duration:n/a Cooldown:9 MP:105 Range:60 AoE:20
Effects:
Level 1- 20% of base HP
Level 2- 30% of base HP
Level 3- 40% of Base HP

Calibur

Last edited by Calibur on 11-07-2002 at 05:53 PM.
folder icon   11-09-2002, 07:03 AM
Post #10
Death Knight Axl

Headhunter

Reaper?
what ever happend to the cold wright if i am not mistaken the cold wright was suppoused to be the strongest undead unit i still have a pic of him in the PC Acclerator magazine he looks alot like the grim reaper , and what the hell happend to Grona the half orc assasin(she was on the cover ) how come blizz canceld her!

folder icon   11-09-2002, 09:50 AM
Post #11
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Cold Wraith, you mean. he was another spellcaster with spells such as lifetap and chill touch. and yes, he looked like a reaper. i hope to god they bring him back in the war3 expansion, he was my favorite undead unit by far.

folder icon   11-09-2002, 03:09 PM
random expo ideas Post #12
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

some ideas i came up with for the expansion, cuz i was frickin bored:
new heroes: each race gets one new hero. seeing as the NE have 2 ranged heroes already, they get a melee hero and everyone else gets a ranged hero.
hero ideas:
Humans: Ranger... duh.
Orcs: Shadow Hunter... duh.
Undead: Aforementioned reaper idea sounds good, as long as he is ranged. maybe relate him to the wraiths and call him Wraithlord or suchlike tho.
Night Elves: unknown... something melee.
new units: each race gets four new units, one new melee, one new ranged, one new caster, and something unique to each race.(right now each race has one "unique" unit that has nothing matching it in the other races--Gyrocopter, Kodo Beast, Shade, and Dryad. if you want it spelled out for you ask, im prepared to back myself up).
unit ideas:
Humans: unknown
Orcs: more tauren units! for some reason i really want to see a Tauren Spirit Walker as a caster
Undead: bring back the Cold Wraith as a caster!
Night Elves: bring back Sentinels for melee!
new buildings: each race should get at least one, perhaps 2 new buildings, but i think one would be enough. no ideas here yet though.
new creeps and neutral buildings: self-explanatory, no firm ideas yet. bring back the marketplace as a neutral building perhaps, and maybe the thief's guild too, i think that was a cool idea.
new items: also self-explanatory. no firm ideas here either.
new campaign: and this one better not have any holes in the goddamn storyline, and it better tie up all the loose ends from war3's story line(like illidan, for example). hopefully itll be decently long too.
the following are just random thoughts i had:
Ranger abilities--ultimate spell: Black Arrow. as i recall this is originally what her ultimate was going to be. i whipped up some rough stats for it: cooldown--somewhere in the range of 30-60 seconds. mana cost: 75-150 or so. effect: kills the targeted unit instantly. when used on heroes, does enough damage to reduce them to 50 hp, with a maximum damage of 800 done to heroes.
Cold Wraith: Lifetap and Chill Touch--Chill touch could be something like a mini frost nova that only affects one unit, while lifetap was just life stealing. would be cool if you could take the stolen life energy and use it to heal another unit instead of just the cold wraith. for his master level spell, maybe bring back the old orc spell shadow pact--makes the unit invulnerable for a short amount of time, but reduces them to 1 hp. either that or something involving his scythe.
ill think of some more stuff later.

folder icon   11-09-2002, 04:36 PM
Post #13
Calibur

Grunt

maybe war3.com should make an war3 expansion forum and we can all predict new heroes/units/storylines for the expansion!?

Calibur

folder icon   11-09-2002, 06:56 PM
Post #14
Sidian Ciderspawn

Tauren Chieftain

Banick on Bonechewer

what is there to predict. new heros: sargeras, Kil'Jeaden, Ner'Zul.
but i dout there gonna make an expantion because it leaves off perfact for WoW.

folder icon   11-09-2002, 11:25 PM
Post #15
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

i think they have special tools to do that, the normal war3 editor cannot, and i wish it could. when they give us a world editor, it had better be able to make new spells, new upgrades, import new graphics, and stuff like that. i was disappointed in the WE when i first saw it cuz i was expecting more... they kept saying "youll be able to edit everything and even look at our maps to see how we did any given thing!" neither of which you can do.
Sidian: youre an idiot. nuff said.

folder icon   11-10-2002, 04:28 AM
Post #16
Jeltz

Demi-God

You can look at blizzard maps. Just download a mpq extracor and extract the maps. To edit speels you have to export .txt and .slk files from the .mpqs and then edit them and import them to your map file. I have done it myslef. You can also import graphics this way. I don't think you can change upgrades. Sadly you have can't do this in the world editor.

I eat robots for breakfast with syrup A(CBRT)
Show me! show you! Kikkomaan!

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-10-2002, 02:19 PM
Post #17
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Jeltz: i know that. they said youd be able to do it in the WE.

folder icon   11-10-2002, 03:46 PM
corpse explosion Post #18
Aeyo

Assassin

i think that corpse explosion should be u select a corps and it blows up dealing hardly any damage but renders them with no spells or crappy attac or something

folder icon   11-18-2002, 11:52 PM
Post #19
Zeruel

Farseer

My prediction would be for a new undead hero called the Deciever. Based off the concept art of the "Deciever" in the art of warcraft book, he would be a hero similar to the Dreadlord in that he is actually an agent of the Burning Legion. Visually appearing to be a Necromancer on crack, his spells would be as follows:

Beserker Possesion: casts a spell that can target only orcs and gives you control over them as choas orcs for a short time.

Venom Aura: An aura that grants an attack to all nearby friendly units. The attack slows enemy unit reflexes and increases damage

Phantasmal skeleton: summons hallucinated skeleton warrriors to confuse the enemy

Hurricane of Death: targets friendly units causing them to explode dealing massive amounts of damage.

God's in His Heavan, all's right with the world.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-19-2002, 10:20 PM
Post #20
Gaggin

Arch Druid

Velentris on Shadowsong

Here's how I imagine the Shadow Hunter:

Agility hero with fast ranged attack, uses his boomerang-type thingy.

Skills:

Blade Fury- Grants a bounce attack
lvl 1- 1 bounce, 5% attack speed
lvl 2- 2 bounces, 10% increase
lvl 3- 3 bounces, 15% increase

Dark Fire- Similar to Diablo's Firewall
110 mana, 20 second cooldown
1- 10 dmg/sec over a small area
2- 20 dmg over medium area
3- 30 dmg over large area

Green Haze- Large cloud of magic smoke that is cast like Swarm, but moves alot more slowy and damages units with a slow poison.
90 mana, 45 second cooldown
1- 2 dmg/sec over 30 seconds, 25% reduced speed for 3 seconds
2- 4 dmg/sec over 30 seconds, 50% reduced speed for 5 seconds
3- 6 dmg/sec over 30 seconds, 75% reduced speed for 7 seconds

Ultimate
Soul Totem
250 mana, 120 second cooldown
This ward is place upon the ground for 45 seconds with and AoE equal to that of a healing ward. While in place, any friendly units that die will automatically be ressurrected. There is no limit to ressurections as long as the totem is in place.

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: