ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > StarCraft II Discussion > 4v4 hard comps
Search this Thread:

newthread reply StarCraft II Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

4v4 hard comps  
folder icon   08-09-2010, 03:17 PM
4v4 hard comps Post #1
TheMadMac

So I'm getting beaten back a bit by humans in platinum league so I thought I'd slow down and go back to fighting comps. Since I'm an achievement whore I thought I'd inform you on my findings. (over 2000 gamer points woo i'm a nerd!)

The 4v4's where you play as all of the same race vs all the same race had me puzzled. I was playing with 4 zerg vs 4 terran. I could not win. My allies kept losing overlords to marines and their marauders slaughtered our roaches. I really thought Terran had an unfair advantage over zerg. However, 4 protoss had no problem against 4 terran. Ends up the game is designed so hard comps counter hard comps of different races. Use the following combos for easy wins.

4 protoss wins against 4 terran
4 zerg wins against 4 protoss
4 terran wins against 4 zerg

Unless you really turtle up and get ready to take on a 4v1 game, I think this is the way to do it. I'm going to try the same concept on very hard and insane.

Some more stuff!

You can rack up achievements fast against medium and hard computers by using blitz tactics. Play as random against medium comps since your win gets counted twice under your race as random and whatever race you come up as. Plus you get the win in five minutes blitz achievement. I do it by sending one of my first probes to build two proxy gateways in my enemy's base. I win in less than five minutes every time. Haven't tried it against vry hard or insane yet.

Two achievements for 1 game, play a 3v3 on hard where all of your races are different and all the enemy's races are different. Easy to do.

Then FFA's are easy, just watch what everyones doing and those are most of the comp achievements that don't include playing 100 games of sc2.

folder icon   08-09-2010, 03:37 PM
Post #2
the12thman

Night Elf Ranger

I think you might be enjoying this game. I haven't played in a week and I suck!

AIM: the12thman 11
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   08-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Post #3
TheMadMac

I think I might take a break. My principal ally Gabebutsechs just dropped out on me saying I wasn't good enough for him. I lost when I made zealots against marauders (a good counter if they're upgraded, but they needed a few more seconds) and he said he was done. Ignored me. I feel dumped.

To be fair, my counter was right, and we were playing platinum league players. So, whatever.

AND my very hard comp allies just bailed out on me. My terran ally got blown away in minutes while my zerg ally just made nothing but zerglings. They were up to thors, my zerg ally is still making zerglings. They're on the same difficulty! Goddamnit.

folder icon   08-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Post #4
the12thman

Night Elf Ranger

I'll play some with you when I get back to my computer later this week, but like I said, I suck.

AIM: the12thman 11
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   08-10-2010, 11:33 PM
Post #5
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Strawberry on the Shortcake

Your ex-ally is a dick. That's why I play online with friends instead of random people when I can.

I'd be happy to play with you sometime, but I doubt I'm anywhere near as good as you are, just FYI. I got two more missions to finish up the campaign, then I'm gonna try to ramp up the multiplayer.

folder icon   08-12-2010, 08:33 PM
Post #6
Urin_BloodfaceII

Demi-God

First day online. It is awesome. I suck tho. But i carried the 3 v 3 team to victory on two occasions.

folder icon   08-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Post #7
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Strawberry on the Shortcake

I did my 1v1 placement matches the other day, went 4-1 and got put in the Gold division.

I have since gone 0-4 so my record is now 4-5. I'm really not sure I belong in the Gold division.

folder icon   08-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Post #8
TheMadMac

Sweet, I'm up for playing with you guys. I'm on an achievement bend right now tho. I'm on a mission to go through the whole damn list. :-D

So here's some more info on comp achievements!

Protoss cannon rushes tend to totally screw over Terran comps. HOWEVER, you have to know a trick to get up to very hard or insane levels. Here's the exploit.

Insane comps compensate for cannon rushes by SCV rushing the first pylon you build in their base. However, they STOP rushing you once you've made THREE buildings. So you have to wait to build 3 pylons at the same time, and know that you have to build them FAST. You can get around this by building far away from them, maybe building at their only ramp. THen they send so many scout SCVs that you can do some damage by just sitting at their ramp and slowly progressing to their base.

Zerg AI is retarded. The hardest matchup I'm doing right now is 4 zerg allies, because they're dumb shits. My protoss vs terran, terran vs. zerg, zerg vs protoss strategy of exploiting computers WORKS up until Zerg VS Protoss on Very hard or Insane difficulties. So, YEAH. Those are the tips from themadmac.

PLUS, if you do insane achievements before medium, hard, very hard achievements, you will also get the achievement for that difficulty. So if the first custom game you play you blitz an insane comp and win in 5 minutes you will get 4 achievements. One for each difficulty.

glhf

Return to Top  

newthread reply StarCraft II Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: