ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > General Discussion > General Discussion > WoW Townhall update!
Search this Thread:

newthread reply General Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

WoW Townhall update!  
folder icon   07-24-2003, 11:04 PM
WoW Townhall update! Post #1
.uber

Lore Geek

Blizzard has updated their World of WarCraft Townhall with 13 new screenshots, a new music sample and 2 new monsters! The new area revealed is the northern shore of Kalimdor, Kalidar, the new home of the Night Elves. Definitely give it a look !

folder icon   07-25-2003, 02:02 AM
Post #2
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

WoW! That rocks! THIRTEEN new screenshots, I practically wet my pants.

Hmmmmmm.....why (or more importantly HOW) could the Harpies have spread so far? In just 4 years, too! Why are the FUrbolgs still evil and stuff even though the Legion that drove them mad has left?

On the other hand- those are some damn fine screenshots! Kalidar looks awesome . Although isn't that statue with the bird (eagle?) the same one as the one in the Valley of Heroes in Stormwind?

Maybe it's because it's done by a different composer, but the Kalidar music feels kinda strange. It's good, but I can't really imagine playing a game to that music . THe Night Elf music for TFT on the other hand is just THE BEST! Ah well, that was only a sameple...I'm sure it'll all be good in the retail .

EDIT: I found it slightly disturbing that they managed to 'make a new world tree'. It's like: "Big deal if we sacrifice our immortality to stop Archimonde!" It's not even that big of a sacrifice because they can just make a new one! Terdrassil...'Crown of the Earth' as opposed to the Heavens...

Besides, didn't Medivh say: 'The Roots will heal in time'? I thought he was referring to NOrdrassil when he said that, meaning that eventually, Nordrassil will be back! So what will happen, then? Is there going to be two world trees, or something?

folder icon   07-25-2003, 11:27 AM
Post #3
.uber

Lore Geek

Perhaps Medivh was referring to the roots of all the trees in the surrounding areas, basically saying, your land will heal in time.

Also, yes it is still a big deal they sacrificed their immortality by destroying the Crown of the Heavens. They don't get that back. They're aren't regrowing the world tree. They're growing a new tree that won't imbue them with immortality (hence, it's Crown of the Earth).

folder icon   07-25-2003, 11:47 AM
Post #4
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

About the Medivh point- wasn't that cinematic showing Nordrassil's roots?

The site never mentions that Teldrassil DOESN'T make them immortal. Admittedly, it doesn't say it does, either. However, since I'm sure Blizzard wouldn't make the sacrifice seem like a big issue, only to have a new world tree WOULD be pretty stupid, so yeah, perhaps you're right. Still- what would the point of a new world tree be, if it didn't grant the Night Elves the power that the previous one had?

folder icon   07-25-2003, 12:33 PM
Post #5
TheHeadhunter

Tauren

Wow. I love the Night Elf Architecture. I think the statue is of Shandris Feathermoon, too. Not quite sure. (Did she die in the Battle of Mt. Hyjal? I think I read somewhere she did.)

Triggers: 100%
Units:100%
Terrain:100%
Upgrades:100%

5 of 7 races done.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   07-25-2003, 01:24 PM
Post #6
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

*drool*
*choke*
*asphyxiate*
*drown*

folder icon   07-25-2003, 01:42 PM
Post #7
.uber

Lore Geek

Quote:
Originally posted by TheHeadhunter
Wow. I love the Night Elf Architecture. I think the statue is of Shandris Feathermoon, too. Not quite sure. (Did she die in the Battle of Mt. Hyjal? I think I read somewhere she did.)

Yeah my first thought was that it could be of Shandris as well... but I'm not sure why she'd have an eagle scout... seeing as how that was a Huntress thing...

Also, not sure if she's dead or not. She is in the last NE mission where you have to defend Mount Hyjal. She's stationed with Tyrande at Jaina's base at the beginning. When I played the mission she died but that of course means nothing So I think her whereabouts are unknown.

folder icon   07-25-2003, 02:03 PM
Post #8
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by .uber
Yeah my first thought was that it could be of Shandris as well... but I'm not sure why she'd have an eagle scout... seeing as how that was a Huntress thing...

It'll probably be like the Valley of Heroes in Stormwind. I personally don't recognise any of those heroes, and like I said, I'm pretty sure that's the same statue in Stormwind.

-G R U N T- has attached this image:

folder icon   07-25-2003, 04:15 PM
Post #9
.uber

Lore Geek

mm well i thought that pic from the valley of heroes in stormwind would be of alleria.. i mean that would make the most sense, but i there's no reason why a statue of her would be in kalidar

folder icon   07-25-2003, 11:52 PM
Post #10
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by .uber
mm well i thought that pic from the valley of heroes in stormwind would be of alleria.. i mean that would make the most sense, but i there's no reason why a statue of her would be in kalidar
Well, that doesn't look like Alleria to me . Besides, she didn't have a eagle/falcon/whatever...and neither did Shandris.

I think that maybe the giant statue in Stormwind is just placeholder art . In the retail, I'm pretty sure that the Night Elves won't have the same statues as the humans . Otherwise, it'd be pretty lame . I think that in the retail, the valley of heroes will be populated by more recognizable characters like Lothar, KHadgar and maybe Uther .

newthread reply General Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: