ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > World Of WarCraft Discussion > Legendary Characters and Monuments?
Search this Thread:

newthread reply World Of WarCraft Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Legendary Characters and Monuments?  Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »
folder icon   02-01-2005, 05:22 AM
Legendary Characters and Monuments? Post #1
HenkM

Treant

I have not WOW myself yet Iam waiting for the Collectors Edition to be released here in my country thougth the ordinary version is probably released soon here...

But my question to you guys here is how many Legendary characthers have you found or items or monuments in the game thus far?

For an example we heard a rumor of Garona the Half orc being part of the Scarlets is she still in the game or was that a rumor/joke or easteregg does she has any quest for the player or is she just standing there in Scarlet Base???

I also heard that Thoras Trollbane is dead but his son rules the remnants of Stromgarde...

I also heard of a new Shadow council being created...

And one funny thing for those that read Lord of the Clans I heard if you go to Durnholde where Thrall was raised one can find a grave where one can read the message:
To my beloved human sister,she was truly a strong women.
Rest in Peace Taretha
-Thrall

Is this true? It would be cool anyway...

Also heard of monuments of the lost heroes like Alleria and such...

But as said tell me of those legendary Monuments and Characters you found as far,what about Genn Greymane he and Thoras and Daelin Proudmoore was the only strong leaders left when Ternas and Lordaeron fell but now when Proudmoore and Trollbane is dead what about Gilneas Greymane etc....

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-01-2005, 08:23 AM
Post #2
XxHANZO

Official Forum Ninja

Zapthrottle on Turalyon

In the enterance to Stormwind City, there is a group of huge statues that are monuments to old heroes.

In Orgrimmar there is a tree with the skull and breast plate of Mannoroth chained to it.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-01-2005, 10:02 AM
Post #3
keithjr

Dread Lord

Keith on Malygos

I have talked to Jaina Proudmoore, Loramus Thalipedes the Demon Hunter, walked by Rexxar before, but not too many of the older people, cause they are mostly dead, or I havent seen them

king bronzebeard is in IF too...

folder icon   02-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Post #4
captainaop

Priest

Warrick on Nathrezim

In beta I saw a monument to Grom Hellscream in Demon Fall Canyon in Ashenvale (the place where Grom killed Mannoroth)

Thrall, Cairne Bloodhoof, and Varimathras (sp?) and Sylvannas can be found in the major cities of the horde. I'm sure the alliance have their own famous ppl, but I don't really know much about them.

Oooh yea! Cairne's son, the one you rescue in the Orc Bonus Campaign in Frozen Throne, can be found in Bloodhoof Village, the second tauren town...

Another pointless post by captainaop

My four highest lvl WoW char's...
1 - Warrick - lvl 62 undead priest, Nathrezim
2 - Jinzil - lvl 47 troll rogue, Nathrezim
3 - Sormflaith - lvl 40 tauren shaman, Nathrezim
4 - Wirack - lvl 36 undead mage, Nathrezim
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Post #5
HenkM

Treant

About Garona I heard that she is in Scarlet Monestary anyone been there yet and talked to her or as I said in my first topic was it just faked pics of her so she does not really exists in the game at all or is she in another place now...?

I also heared that Princess Calia(Arthas sister) is somewhere in the world directing Lordaeron survivors against the undead??

Anyone found Shandris or Tyrande??

Also heard one could do some quest in rescuing one of the Bronzebeard Dwarves the explorer dwarf dont remember his first name...

Any signs of old orders like the Knigths or Tyrs hand or something like High elf survivors that has not joined the Blood elves...?

Or other characters or monuments...Like the runestones of Caer Darrow?

Last edited by HenkM on 02-01-2005 at 12:24 PM.
folder icon   02-01-2005, 11:24 AM
Post #6
Warlock

Arch Druid

Melina on Malygos

Garona used to be with the Ravenholdt assassins but as of the last patch she is gone. I'm not sure where they put her, but she is "in the game" presumably (she exists at least, she may not be on the game map at the moment tho)

I've never seen Calia.

Shandris leads Feathermoon Stronghold in Feralas. Tyrande is in Darnassus.

Brann Bronzebeard is not in the game. He went missing in Northrend, so he will not be in the game until that continent is playable.

* WarCraft Trivia God! *

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-01-2005, 11:28 AM
Post #7
~Crusader~

Ranger

Mailpouch on Burning Legion

Genn Graymane i am sure is sitll alive since Gilneas is functioning and has "Graymane's Wall" However, the Gilneas zone is not open

Stromgarde is in ruins polluted by thieves, while there is a Refuge Point for the people of Stromgarde, there is no evidence that Trollbane is still alive that I know of at this time.

I am about to be going to the Scarlet Monastery so I will let you know if I find her.

Haven't explored the northern parts of Azeroth too much so I can't tell you very much of what is going on.

And yes there are some high elves around, not any of names that I recognize but they are in the game.

Speaking of High Elves, wouldn't it be cool if they were added as a race in which you can ally with either the Horde or the Alliance?

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-01-2005, 11:30 AM
Post #8
captainaop

Priest

Warrick on Nathrezim

There are a lot of small thing in the game that bring a real Warcraft feel to the game... you don't even have to look very hard. So far I have seen three High Elves, one in Ratchet, one in Sun Rock Retreat, and one in Northwatch hold that you can rescue and bring back to Ratchet.
I also saw a Blizz Poster from the forums state that Illidan is in the game! I thought he was dead, but apparently not... I'm not sure if they're have been in any updates, but in beta I read a topic that said something like this...

Original Poster - What is the most powerful NPC in-game?

A crap load of other posters - This guy, that guy, blah blah

Blizz Poster - "Illidan" (that's exactly what he said, word for.. word... )

A crap load of other poster - (didn't read them after that)

folder icon   02-01-2005, 12:37 PM
Post #9
HenkM

Treant

Well thanks for the info thus far,I will be happy to hear more about any characters and other legendary stuff you migth find(until myslef get WOW) and ~Crusader~ thanks for keeping your eyes out for Garona if you would go to the monestary if she has not been moved somewhere else as mentioned above...

Can anyone confirm Tarethas Grave as mentioned about above near Durnholde or maybe any signs of Blackmoore remains maybe or something like that....

Some people has always said that Thrall migth have a romance with Jaina one day as they get along so well I dont believe in that I rather think Thrall sees a little of Tarethas spirit and strength and courage in Jaina and that why he likes her so much he might replace his lost human sister with Jaina instead seeing her as his "new" little sister(though Taretha herself was older then Thrall) if the truce between Jaina and Thrall can last that long that is....?

Well anyway keep the legendary stuff coming here....And tell me what you migth find...

folder icon   02-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Post #10
captainaop

Priest

Warrick on Nathrezim

I'll check out Durnholde for you on my way to Arathi after I complete the Thousand Needles quests... I'm kinda curious about it now to! that book was my favorite of the Warcraft series.

folder icon   02-01-2005, 01:28 PM
Post #11
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Strawberry on the Shortcake

i knew Illidan wasnt dead, but i figured he wasnt in the game as last i heard he was in outland. interesting.

about the elves in sun rock retreat in ratchet, they came off to me as blood elves, not high elves. what would a high elf be doing in a horde town(sun rock) and a "neutral" town thats primarly horde-dominated(ratchet) anyway?

when did stromguarde get ruined like that? i never remember that happening. that annoys me, stromguarde was my favorite alliance nation in warcraft 2.

folder icon   02-01-2005, 01:53 PM
Post #12
jov

like a fox!

stormguard is seperated into two "parts." one part (where most people go) is controlled by the syndicate, a crime faction. much like the defias wear red masks, the syndicate is identified by orange ones. they have taken over not only much of the stromguard ruins, but the durnholde ruins, and many other northern farms, villages, encampents. don't know too much about what their plans are, but i have noticed that one of their mage types are actually demons.

the other faction holding stromguard are the defenders there. some have secluded to the refuge pointe in arathi, others hold the fort, so to speak. this is where alliance first aid trainers go to get their skill to 225 from a vendor. sadly, this area also seems to be a place horde players can just kill through. prince galen trollbane, like most everyone else in this area, is a walking NPC, probably designed to be someone you can hunt down, as a horde player, if not even a quest mob.

as for graves near durnholde. there is a graveyard near there. can't recall if i've seen a specific grave though, and i'm not curious enough to look.

i was unaware garona was hanging out with the ravenholts. i do hope they fix up those quests (or more specifically, add them). i haven't had a rogue quest, no matter how ridiculous, for about 20 some levels now.

as for high elves/blood elves. so far i've seen a few. there is one in ratchet, who has a (horde) quest to retrieve and bring back a fellow elf. sadly, in beta i didn't know this was a quest, and um, killed the NPC as people were bringing him back. there is one in sun rock retreat, though i've never bothered to sneak into that town. there is one in nethergaurd keep in the blasted lands. he's an ambassador, and allied with booty bay, don't know anything else about him. there is one in the theremore inn, she was in some quest series i went through. then in the hinterlands, there is a host of them. they have some witherbark troll captured. and here's where it gets odd, that troll is a witherbark troll for sure, and yet is allied with the horde, meaning you kill him, you get flagged. i find it odd that some forest troll is allied with the horde, but who knows. interesting note, everytime i kill a witherbark i raise my wildhammer fame. so far i'm about half way through neutral... i can tell this will take a bit to raise.

speaking of the wildhammers, i do like their presentation. they have this face paint or tattoing on their faces and arms. and they wear all these feathery outfits. in fact, once again, there is a wildhamemr dwarf in nethergaurd, yet he's allied with ironforge. i don't know what to beleive these days.

folder icon   02-01-2005, 03:35 PM
Post #13
Warlock

Arch Druid

Melina on Malygos

Thoras Trollbane is dead. Galen guards his father's grave (it says this in Lands of Conflict).

I've seen an out-of-the-way grave near Durnholde but there are no markings on it. I presume it's Aedias Blackmoore's. Maybe Horde has a quest involving it, I don't know.

* WarCraft Trivia God! *

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Post #14
keithjr

Dread Lord

Keith on Malygos

I have killed many blood elves in Azshara - near some ruinds that I forgot the names of, they seem to be reclaiming a temple, and are evil mobs..

folder icon   02-02-2005, 05:58 AM
Post #15
HenkM

Treant

May I ask a question,Where exactly is this so called Raveholt Assassin Guild where Garona was seen until latley?

I have seen some WOW maps pointing me to various Guilds etc but not found Ravenholt anywhere are they in Alterac area aswell as I heard they are rivials to defias or was it the Scarlets something like that???

Rexxar then? As said I have taken a look at some maps pointing out where some legendary heroes are like Tyrande,Thrall,Shandris,Jaina etc but where does one ecounter Rexxar is it like random or something like they put him in a larger area so one can only find him if one explore really good?

Maybe they done something similar to Garona put her in some remote place where only those that explore alot will find her???

I do hope she is still in the game and not taken out as she is my favourite WC character,dont ask me why she did after all only appear in on mission in WC1 and in the manuals and known to assassinated King LIane and the spy of Gul'dan that all we know and that thing she was some sort of ambassador for the orcs when visiting Medivh in Last Guardian but thats it maybe its her mystery orgion and the mystery that surrounds her......?

Well I do hope when she is found by someone she has some quests or tells you something so she is not put in the game just for an easter egg only?
Did Rexxar have any quest for the char or could one only talk to him...

Was he neautral so both Alliance and Horde could speak to hime or is he Horde friendly and attack Alliance characters on sigth?

Well this was alot of questions for you I guess but answer those you can and said before keep the legendary stuff coming.......

folder icon   02-02-2005, 09:14 PM
Post #16
jov

like a fox!

some answers. ravenholt's manor is in hillsbrad area. northish of durnholde keep (or rather, it's ruins) and north eastish of tarren mill. it's a different route than the little path to the hinterlands, but it's kinda' close to there. and since it's hidden in the hills, it doesn't show up on that map. i, playing a rogue, am irked because supposedly the rest of my rogue quests come from there. i've passed their test to become friendly with them, and now i wish to entertain their silly ideals. specifically since all of them ask me to talk with wintone wolfe. heh heh, nice pulp fiction reference.

winstone won't talk, and why? because blizzard is still creating the story line for the rogue quests (for both factions, 'cause hey, we rogues can give a shit less about this war, right? other than the coin to be made off it). since they haven't put the story line in is probably the reason we may not be seeing garona there anymore.

as for the ravenholts, they are in opposition to the syndicate. i wish these quests would continue so i might learn more of the syndicate and it's intentions. like i've said, i've noticed that the syndicate does emply demons, and it seems to be something of a gang crime group. ravenholt and his manor seem more like a mafia or mercenary force. maybe i'll head there today and look more around, i can tell you who all inhabits his camp.

now, as for rexxar, him and his bear, mishaa (was that her name?) hike about through three zones. they start in stonetalon (charred vale) hike through desolace, and down into ferelas. even though they are flagged as horde, they don't attack, which i think is nice. it premitted me to try and get a good look at him, but i still don't know what the hell his character model looks like. that damn head gear of his hides too much of what his face would look like. what is he, half-orc/ogre? he's hella' big, and his skin sure as shit isn't green. his bear is no joke either, she's pretty big too. and they are both 62 elites. if he is part of some quest or not, i have no idea.

folder icon   02-03-2005, 12:32 AM
Post #17
big Yo

Kodo Beast

That Witherbark Troll in Hinterlands is allied with the Horde for a rescue mission, and thats about it, he has some documents or somthign that are Vital to the Horde, I can't complete this quest because the High Elves just spawn and spawn and spawn and spawn, me and 2 of my guild mates killed well over 40 High Elves and eventually died and lost. So I dont know much on his story.

as for Ravenholt, I REALLY want to know what these guys are all about, I'm friendly with them now, and their is a rogue trainer there, but I want to see Garona!

Blood Elves can be found in Azshara for the most part.

The Burning Blade from what I've seen a pawn of a new up and coming Shadow Council.

EDIT: Forgot all about the gravesite of Alonsus Faol which is right outside the Scarlet Monestary

Last edited by big Yo on 02-03-2005 at 01:11 PM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-03-2005, 02:41 PM
Post #18
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

jov: yes, Rexxar is a Mok'nathal, which is half-orc and half-ogre.

folder icon   02-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Post #19
jov

like a fox!

i still don't know what his face looks like, damn his batman mask!!!

i learned something of the syndicate. they are people from the northern kigdom alterac. i assume you recall the alterac people were the yellow team in war2. so i guess they orange bandanas are close enough. that, and the yellow teams on both the human and orc side of war2 were considered "traitorous." i only remember that because i made maps and had the yellow team always as the opposition of the same faction.

i'll be damned if i can recall the other factions. i remember dalaran was purple and tirigarde was green. bah, i've forgetten them all and lost thd booklet. maybe warlock can come in and redeem us all! or hell, anyone who still has that original booklet.

folder icon   02-04-2005, 11:50 PM
Post #20
Ravenclaw2099

Abomination

Maybe this will help:

Azeroth: Blue
Lordareon: White
Dalaran: Purple
Kul Tiras: Green
StromGarde: Red
Gilneas: Black
Alterac: Orange

Horde Colours/clans(TOD):
Balckrock:Red
Burning Blade: Orange
Twilight's Hammer:Violet (boooo!)
Stormreaver: Blue (BOOOO!)
Bleeding Hollow: Green
Balch Tooth Grin:Black
Dragonmaw: White

Clans of Draenor: (BTDP)
ShadowMoon: Black
Shattered Hand:White
Warsong: Red
Laughing Skull:Yellow
Bleeding Hollow:Orange
Thunderlord:Violet
Bonechewer:Green

Added my toughts on two of the orc clans, hehe

Many Americans chose Bush for a second term. Most of them choose to call themselves Republicans. I choose to call them stupid. - True Neutral

When push comes to shove, knock the bitch out instead.

this world isn't run by the prince of darkness, it's run by his brother, the prince of stupidity
folder icon   02-05-2005, 12:02 AM
Post #21
Black~Enthusiasm

War Chief

Since he must still dwell on the continent, did aybody came across Arthas' majordomo, the lich Kel'Thuzad ?

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-05-2005, 12:09 AM
Post #22
Warlock

Arch Druid

Melina on Malygos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jov
it premitted me to try and get a good look at him, but i still don't know what the hell his character model looks like. that damn head gear of his hides too much of what his face would look like. what is he, half-orc/ogre? he's hella' big, and his skin sure as shit isn't green. his bear is no joke either, she's pretty big too. and they are both 62 elites. if he is part of some quest or not, i have no idea.

Yeah I hate that. They just slapped the Wolfshead Helm on him because it was remotely someone a tiny iota similar to the one he wears in Frozen Throne. It's ugly as hell though.

I heard word that Blizzard is *supposively* going to redo a ton of the legendary hero models tho so they actually look right. I don't know how accurate that is. A couple look ok. Jaina looks decent. I think Thrall looked ok if he looks like the picture I saw of him (last time I actually looked at him in-game he looked like shit but that was ages ago). Sylvanas looks like SHIT tho. God. She is a fucking Night Elf with light-pink skin and a black hood. I mean, jesus, make a fucking new skin for her. I mean, if you look at her art in the WC RPG Manual of Monsters she looks bad-ass. Her face has all stitches and shit. It's great. At the very least, she should have blueish skin.. *sigh*

* WarCraft Trivia God! *

folder icon   02-09-2005, 04:23 AM
Post #23
Darkwolf

Overlord

Thrall has a pretty good model right now actually, only flaw is the somewhat weak-looking hammer.

I haven't seen any Alliance heroes in ages but the Horde heroes in Orgrimmar look pretty good (Vol'jin, Thrall) as does Cairne. Also isn't there some random High Elf in the palace at Stormwind?

folder icon   02-09-2005, 09:29 PM
Post #24
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

the only problem i have with Cairne is that hes so small! in War3 he was fuckin HUGE!! other than that he looks ok.

Thrall and Vol'jin also look fine IMO.

havent seen too many other legendary named heroes, but i dont think Varimathras or Sylvanas looks very good. just adds to the reasons i dislike the undercity, although other than those two the graphics/artwork of the undercity are awesome. layout is shit though.

folder icon   02-09-2005, 09:34 PM
Post #25
Jezta

The Black Sphynx

Speaking of the Undercity, I was rather cofused when I found the tomb of King Terenes Menethil. Last I heard Arthas' dear old dad had been cremated, and his ashes kept in an urn which was later stolen by Arthas and used to transport Kel'Thusad's remains to the Sun Well.

I dunno, I found it kinda wierd. Maybe its nothing, considering no one else has mentioned it.

Also, sorry if I misspelled any of the names, I don't feel too good so I'm not up to my usual par.

folder icon   02-12-2005, 08:45 PM
Post #26
Yuber8900

Knight

I swear I saw a High Elf in Stormwind Keep.

Rexxar seems to be in Desolace most, and for some reason always attacks my guy. There's some quest involving Onxyia I think where you have to talk to Rexxar.

Does Prestor count? Since she is Deathwing and all.

Uther has his statue somewhere.

About the Syndicate, one of the Horde quests has you taking blood of the innocent from the Spellcasters.

folder icon   02-12-2005, 09:56 PM
Post #27
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Quote:
Posted by Yuber:
Does Prestor count? Since she is Deathwing and all.
has that been proven or confirmed in any way?

Jezta: i always thought Terenas was the last name. then again i never really paid attention to Arthas' last name so i probably just blanked on it. and just cuz they dont have his remains doesnt mean they wont make a tomb for him. its been done before.

folder icon   02-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Post #28
Jezta

The Black Sphynx

Arthas' last name is Menethil, as in Menethil Harbor.
Also it says "here lies Terenas the last true king of Lordaeron" or something like that, so I'm led to think he's in it.

Oh, and its been confirmed Lady Prestor is Onxyia, Deathwing's daughter.

folder icon   02-13-2005, 12:25 AM
Post #29
captainaop

Priest

Warrick on Nathrezim

I just found a lvl 40ish quest in Tauren Mill that has you kill someone named perenolde, kill some girl, and take "teretha's pendant"...

EDIT - The guys name is perenolde, not prestor... hehe

Last edited by captainaop on 02-13-2005 at 08:02 PM.
folder icon   02-13-2005, 01:43 AM
Post #30
Monkeyman1188

Gargoyle

The only thing i want to find in WoW is Furion's whereabouts...

Supplying people with Bananas, and attacking people with feces for a very long time

"If you can't find something to live for, you better find something to die for."
- Tupac Shakur
folder icon   02-13-2005, 01:47 AM
Post #31
Wildfire

Treant

When was Onyxia confirmed as Lady Prestor? Once again, don't have the game, but I've heard of Lady Prestor.

"Stand back, I've got mace! Wait a second, this isn't mace...it's mousse...why do I have mousse? I only have 3 hairs!"
--Jay Sherman

Am I the only one who misses the Cold Wraith?

Is it just me, or does the Warcraft series avoid traditional giants like the plague?
folder icon   02-13-2005, 03:41 AM
Post #32
XxHANZO

Official Forum Ninja

Zapthrottle on Turalyon

All the alliance that do the Onyxia quest have the build up of going into Stormwind Keep and confronting Lady Katrina Prestor. Then you all along with Lord Fordragon totaly own a bunch of silly dragon spawn and then you go to kill Onyxia. Lady Katrina Prestor is Onyxia from the tales I have heard.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-13-2005, 12:35 PM
Post #33
Jezta

The Black Sphynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman1188
The only thing i want to find in WoW is Furion's whereabouts...

Trapped in the Emerald Dream. His body is probably in one of the Dens or maybe hidden somewhere on Mount Hyjal.

folder icon   02-13-2005, 07:17 PM
Post #34
Yuber8900

Knight

Aren't there the Stormrage barrow dens in the Moonglade?

When was Prestor turned into Onxyia? I know they switched it from a male to female but.

folder icon   02-13-2005, 09:40 PM
Post #35
Jezta

The Black Sphynx

Always and forever.
She's never been Deathwing, it was only speculation on the part of the fans with no verification from Blizzard.

Return to Top  Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »

newthread reply World Of WarCraft Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: