ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > General Discussion > General Discussion > CGW Preview Is Out!
Search this Thread:

newthread reply General Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

CGW Preview Is Out!  
folder icon   08-23-2003, 03:41 PM
CGW Preview Is Out! Post #1
.uber

Lore Geek

The new info is out! The Chinese WoW site, National Geographic Azeroth has gotten ahold of the new CGW issue that features the 10-page World of WarCraft preview and has recapped the information on their site. One of their webmasters has already posted the new information on the battle.net forums, however his post was met with disbelief. While we aren't sure if the information he claims is in the text concerning new races is true, what we do know is that scans from magazines are undeniable =) According to the scans, the three new classes are Rogue, Priest, and Paladin. You can read all about them, as well as check out the cover and a new screenshot from the mag in the scans linked below:

Update: While the races information has yet to be completely confirmed, it is likely true that the new additions are the Gnomes, Trolls, and Undead. More specifically, the Undead race is actually the Forsaken, the group that broke off from the Scourge under Sylvanas during the Frozen Throne.

Update 2: Jeff Green (editor in chief for CGW) has <A HREF="http://www.battle.net/forums/wow/thread.aspx?FN=wow-general&T=441749&P=1&ReplyCount=40#post441749">confirmed all of this info</a>, including the races, so indeed it seems that the final playable races will be Trolls, Undead and Gnomes. GFraizer has also <A HREF="http://www.battle.net/forums/wow/thread.aspx?FN=wow-general&T=441914&P=1&ReplyCount=48#post441914">posted about the info</a> if you want to check it out.

Update 3: <A HREF="http://www.wow-pt.com/">WoW Portugal</a> has a <A HREF="http://www.wow-pt.com/pics/especiais/cgw_1003vbig.jpg">larger scan</a> of the cover.. be sure to check it out.

folder icon   08-23-2003, 03:52 PM
Post #2
Warlock

Arch Druid

Melina on Malygos

I'd just like to point out that most of the people in the b.net forums can be skeptical idiots at times, so it's no doubt they are refusing to believe even scans of the magazine Reminds me of when we posted all that Frozen Throne info.. "It's fake!!!!" haha.. then it turned out to be true and they all shut their mouths..

Anyways, while the races can't really be confirmed, I don't see any reason for them to be fake. The guy certainly has the magazine, as the cover and classes page has been proven to be real by Jeff Green, so I don't see a reason to post lies..

*here's hoping Goblins are being saved for an expansion*

* WarCraft Trivia God! *

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   08-23-2003, 04:29 PM
Post #3
Always Right

Anime Freak!

Hero classes sound cool. Since I plan on being a NE chick, maybe I can become a Warden

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   08-24-2003, 12:54 AM
Post #4
jov

like a fox!

sweet, i look forward to dishing it out as a troll rouge, what i had been planning on from the start... i still have a problem with the undead as playable, at least they are the forsaken, i just don't see how they would ally with the now noble orcs and tauren horde...

so much for playing as a girl... heh heh, although a female troll could be fun, as i would possibly be the only one on the server... in sw:g i can't tell you how few female wookiees, rodians, and trandoshans there are. i certainly hope some of our female players (or those playing females) chose to go female in races other than the buxom ones...

i for one am hella' excited. i can now finalize on what my character will be like, rather than floating in the dark waiting...

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   08-24-2003, 02:16 AM
Post #5
Cloud

Arch Druid

Maybe instead of gnomes...lawn gnomes come to mind....they meant gnolls... It was just a typo.

Beautiful
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   08-24-2003, 06:10 AM
Post #6
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

I sure hope you can get to be a Blademaster by starting off as a warrior, because that's my plan!

This is truly a glorious day for WoW fans!

folder icon   08-24-2003, 12:09 PM
Post #7
TheHeadhunter

Tauren

Still, I'm kind of disapointed that they had Gnomes and Undead.... Well, at least we can stop guessing now.

Triggers: 100%
Units:100%
Terrain:100%
Upgrades:100%

5 of 7 races done.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   08-24-2003, 07:49 PM
Yay for undead! Post #8
Scorch Hellfire

Wyvern Rider

ok, four things...

it would help if that nga site was translated...
why the hell would the forsaken ally with horde? especially since they are on two different continents right now...
why gnomes? and could someone explain the difference between them and dwarves...
no necromancer class?!

From the ashes of war we came...
From the magics of a foolish race we came...
And now we come again, with one solitary thing in mind...
TOTAL DOMINATION!
We come again at the beginning of a new reign, The Reign of Chaos, a reign that we will implement to scower the name of the Burning Legion across the universe as the ruler of all worlds!
So where there is war, we will be there...
Where there is death, we will be there...
And where there is pain, hatred, and evil, we will be there!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

---------------------
?Hola! Me llamo Scorch Hellfire. ?Y bienvinidos a Infierno S!

I only flame those who deserve it so CONSIDER YOURSELF ASHES!

Certified Scourge Cultist (tm)
~Demon Warlock~
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
Return to Top  

newthread reply General Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: