ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > StarCraft II Discussion > StarCraft Wiki > What class?
Search this Thread:

newthread reply StarCraft Wiki
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

What class?  
folder icon   02-08-2005, 12:58 PM
What class? Post #1
XxHANZO

Official Forum Ninja

Zapthrottle on Turalyon

What should I play?
Im thinking of alternating between a char on this realm and my main on Medivh. What should I play? I liked my mage, I enjoy my warrior, but Id like something a little different. Maybe a rogue....

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-08-2005, 01:03 PM
Post #2
keithjr

Dread Lord

Keith on Malygos

we have tons of rogues in the guild

hunters are great alternate class to use for something different, which we dont have any ones other than my alt, which I am not leveling actively at the moment.

We have one priest that is someones main character, and pretty much that is it in the guild.

But as always, make what you wish, and that will be great

folder icon   02-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Post #3
Pellanor

Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithjr
hunters are great alternate class to use for something different, which we dont have any ones other than my alt, which I am not leveling actively at the moment.
Yet he contiunes to be the same level as my warrior, which is my only character...

SC2 ID: Pellanor - 760
LoL Summoner Name: Pellanor
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-08-2005, 08:26 PM
Post #4
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Strawberry on the Shortcake

hunters are awesome. thats what my main is.

folder icon   02-09-2005, 04:14 AM
Post #5
Darkwolf

Overlord

I'm always tempted to roll a warrior but it just seems too painful sometimes.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-09-2005, 07:36 AM
Post #6
XxHANZO

Official Forum Ninja

Zapthrottle on Turalyon

as of yet my warrior (27) is pretty decent, I can kill things quite quickly, with DW, switch up to 1h S/Shield when fighting tough mobs. I do pretty well. Team me up with a priest and we can take on some tough mobs!

I might be a lame-o and make another warrior lol. might roll up a mage...

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-09-2005, 09:58 AM
Post #7
Grom-Hellscream

Horde Berserker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwolf
I'm always tempted to roll a warrior but it just seems too painful sometimes.

I love my warrior. Most warriors just don't know how to play their class correctly and as a result, bitch for a buff. The only thing warriors really need any changes to is rage generation, namely, rage gain on dodges, parrys, and a slight amount on misses. Other then that, warriors feel they're inadequate because they either don't know how to use rage wisely and change stances to meet situations as they come (TM talent is a requirement to play a warrior), don't manage their equipment and keep it up to date, or don't have a solid talent tree. Personally I went mostly fury with some arms and use a 2h sword, and always keep my armor above 35% damage reduction, and I've never lost to an equal level or plus warrior (within like 6 levels), and was almost able to beat a level 49 warrior at 41 as a result.

Only class I really have trouble against is priests if they catch me off guard.

folder icon   02-09-2005, 09:35 PM
Post #8
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Quote:
Posted by Hanzo:
might roll up a mage...
Quote:
Posted by Darkwolf:
I'm always tempted to roll a warrior
GYAAARRH! i cant stand when people refer to making a new character as "rolling" them. there is no rolling involved! none whatsoever! you are not playing a tabletop pen and paper RPG! and your stats are the same every time so its not like you can even say that the computer is "rolling" your character, ie rolling your stats, when it randomly generates them, cuz it doesnt do that! god, that pisses me off, and i really couldnt give you a good reason(other than it doesnt make any sense, its just a term brought over from pen and paper RPGs or suchlike). its just one of my buttons i guess.

anyways, Grom is right. warriors are awesome if you know how to play them. and Tactical Mastery is definitely a necessity. next level with my warrior i finally pick that up.

folder icon   02-09-2005, 10:26 PM
Post #9
Always Right

Anime Freak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planet_Buster
hunters are awesome. thats what my main is.

Yeah, I just started a hunter a few days ago and just love it. Might need to find a better pet though; Flappy the owl seems to be having a little trouble hacking it in tough battles lately.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-09-2005, 10:27 PM
Post #10
Noble

Grunt

I'm glad you addressed this P_B...cuz otherwise, i would have never known the true meaning of why people said that. I was always puzzled when people said "reroll a [blah]"...thanks.

folder icon   02-10-2005, 09:27 AM
Post #11
keithjr

Dread Lord

Keith on Malygos

yes i agree with the rolling thing.

also - wtf is up with "toon" as being referred to a character? Some wierd kiddie bnet speak that modified itself for wow? gr...

I agree with grom about warriors. There is a warrior that groups with me and warlock regularly, galfrun, and he knows how to play the class, and accepts being the tank, so he does it very very well. he can get/hold/steal aggro from anything/anyone. woo.

folder icon   02-10-2005, 09:29 AM
Post #12
Grom-Hellscream

Horde Berserker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planet_Buster
anyways, Grom is right. warriors are awesome if you know how to play them. and Tactical Mastery is definitely a necessity. next level with my warrior i finally pick that up.

I really hope the only thing they change for us next patch is rage generation, otherwise we're going to get an unnecessary buff, and those of us who know what we're doing will be overpowered, causing us to be consequently nerfed in a later patch.

folder icon   02-10-2005, 10:31 AM
Post #13
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

theres a post on warriors on the WoW.com forums i read a while back wherein a blizzard poster says that they are working on rage generation. most of the other points the poster brought up in complaining about warriors ended up being comparisons to rogues, to which the blizz guy responded that rogues and warriors are supposed to play different and as such all of those comparisons are meaningless.

keith: yeah, 'toon' also pisses me off. i dont hear that one nearly as often though. most people seem to say 'char' or 'avatar', either of which is ok with me.

folder icon   02-10-2005, 04:49 PM
Post #14
Warlock

Arch Druid

Melina on Malygos

The origin of 'toon' is that excuse for a MMORPG "Toon Town" from Disney. How the hell that word migrated from that game is beyond me. The game is about fucking cartoons so it's understandable to use it in that context. It makes no sense in any other MMORPG. It is the gayest way to refer to a character (or avatar). People try to defend it by saying it's "easier to type" but jesus.. type char if you want a 4 letter word.

* WarCraft Trivia God! *

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-12-2005, 05:40 AM
Post #15
Noble

Grunt

I was reading in the general forum at some 5:35 am (fell asleep at the girlfriend's house, wide awake now) and I came across this post;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farlin
tell him to reroll, he will lvl his toon faster then he will raise his faction

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/t...blizzard&tmp=2#

Return to Top  

newthread reply StarCraft Wiki
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: