ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > General Discussion > General Discussion > So Family Guy is coming back
Search this Thread:

newthread reply General Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

So Family Guy is coming back  
folder icon   04-25-2005, 10:49 PM
So Family Guy is coming back Post #1
Always Right

Anime Freak!

It's all set for May 1st on FOX. Overall I'm quite pleased with this, but at the same time I feel a twinge of doubt. FOX cancelled it, but after Cartoon Network and the DVDs made it a success they are bringing it back. I'm wondering if the FOX execs will make it be dumbed-down(since it's pure form obviously proved to be too much for them to handle), but I'm also affraid that thinking that might be true even if it's actually not the case will make me think it is and thusly make me not enjoy it. I dunno. I'm conflicted. If it was coming back on Cartoon Network I probably wouldn't feel this way.

Also, American Dad will be airing that same day too(I think), but judging from that one episode I saw on CN a little while ago...I don't care. I just didn't care for large portions of it. I think a few bits were decent, but since I can't explicitly recall any examples, maybe there weren't any after all.

Oh well, I'll certainly watch both anyway.

As a side note, every time I think about Family Guy coming back I can't help but think about Invader Zim and how awesome it would be to have Cartoon Network revive that. That show was amazing as it was but had so much potential to be even greater.

Any thoughts from anybody else? Perhaps thoughts of a controversial nature?

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   04-25-2005, 10:59 PM
Post #2
Monkeyman1188

Gargoyle

I have been wishing for this day since i heard Family Guy got taken off the air......i just might cry a little....

Supplying people with Bananas, and attacking people with feces for a very long time

"If you can't find something to live for, you better find something to die for."
- Tupac Shakur
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   04-25-2005, 11:51 PM
Post #3
food

Overlord

FAMILY GUY!!!

folder icon   04-26-2005, 03:03 AM
Post #4
Warlock

Arch Druid

Melina on Malygos

I've seen the new episode. It's good

* WarCraft Trivia God! *

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   04-26-2005, 03:40 AM
Post #5
~Crusader~

Ranger

Mailpouch on Burning Legion

Family Guy makes my night, every night. I can't wait for this new season.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   04-26-2005, 06:43 AM
Post #6
Kjell Thusaud

War Chief

Micky Mouse on Crack

What ya talking about?

Its been airing on Z-tv since like forever, man!

Teach a player to fish, and next week heíll show up with the book, ďThe Complete Adventuring FishermanĒ. Heíll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and heíll be dual-wielding two fishing poles
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   04-26-2005, 07:47 AM
Post #7
the 1 eyed fool

Assassin

Not new episodes, See the deal between fox and cartoon network was, Hey let us throw the pilot for american dad on AS, and you can get the new episodes of family guy for a cheaper cost. And American Dad is alright, but some parts of it were just stupid. Oh dad your such a conservative and his daughter the liberal is a hippie whos friend hair is in the meatloaf.

The only part that really made me laugh was the whole -dad steals the girls purse-.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   04-26-2005, 08:29 AM
Post #8
Forzan

Abomination

Quote:
I've seen the new episode. It's good
They've moved into a Simpsonish trend though- more loosely related storylines, unbelievable situations (outside of flashbacks, which were always like that), and repeating characters (like the old pervert and greased up deaf guy). They've always done these to an extent, but they're increasingly more frequent. Programs do this when they've run out of ideas- they rely on repetition response (ex: 'Hey, it's the cat lady again, I remember her! How crazy that she's in yet another situation').

The cel-shaded 3D backgrounds while they're driving are well done though, and after seeing every episode at least 20 times, any new joke is a good joke. I hope the rest of the season plays out so well.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   04-26-2005, 08:40 AM
Post #9
Avathar

Overlord

Damn I forgot where family guy was about >.<

Cynics regarded everybody as equally corrupt... Idealists regarded everybody as equally corrupt, except themselves. - Robert Anton Wilson

Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol or morphine or idealism. - Carl Gustav Jung

Like a dream where you've lost all your fear. - Mark Olivier Everret (Mr. E)

Dominator of Spong of Monkeyent.

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   04-26-2005, 10:49 AM
Post #10
Warlock

Arch Druid

Melina on Malygos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forzan
They've moved into a Simpsonish trend though- more loosely related storylines, unbelievable situations (outside of flashbacks, which were always like that), and repeating characters (like the old pervert and greased up deaf guy). They've always done these to an extent, but they're increasingly more frequent. Programs do this when they've run out of ideas- they rely on repetition response (ex: 'Hey, it's the cat lady again, I remember her! How crazy that she's in yet another situation').

The cel-shaded 3D backgrounds while they're driving are well done though, and after seeing every episode at least 20 times, any new joke is a good joke. I hope the rest of the season plays out so well.

You're basing this on one episode? The first episode in years even.

* WarCraft Trivia God! *

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   04-26-2005, 02:36 PM
Post #11
M4tt

Gargoyle

Grimora on Shadowsong

From what my homie, robert, says the new family guy is, and i quote 'tits.'.

folder icon   04-27-2005, 04:01 AM
Post #12
Darkwolf

Overlord

Quote:

Honestly... if you didn't laugh at the fucking GI Joe joke, you aren't a person.

folder icon   04-27-2005, 07:59 AM
Post #13
Forzan

Abomination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwolf
Honestly... if you didn't laugh at the fucking GI Joe joke, you aren't a person.
I thought Stewie's wife-like commentary was funnier than the overdone GI Joe joke. "You're funny" and "Yo better stay back... eeeeeee" reminded me of several people I've known. I personally preferred the comic book joke as well, and prostitutes seeing with motion.

And Warlock- holding that episode, side by side, with every other episode for comparison, makes what I said obvious. This is a trend not limited to this one program as well. It happens to all good shows after a few seasons.

You make judgements based on what is available, then wait and see if you were right.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   04-27-2005, 08:00 AM
Post #14
Reaver

Treant

dr. Phill owns Family Guy

folder icon   04-27-2005, 12:25 PM
Post #15
Avathar

Overlord

Pff fuck dr. Bill, sesamy street = teh pwn.

Cynics regarded everybody as equally corrupt... Idealists regarded everybody as equally corrupt, except themselves. - Robert Anton Wilson

Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol or morphine or idealism. - Carl Gustav Jung

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   04-28-2005, 02:53 AM
Post #16
Ravenclaw2099

Abomination

SWEET family guy is back! family guy is back! *jumps up and down like a kid who has to pee really bad

and on a side note..dr.Phil? sesame street? Bitches please, it's care bears or NOTHIN!

Many Americans chose Bush for a second term. Most of them choose to call themselves Republicans. I choose to call them stupid. - True Neutral

When push comes to shove, knock the bitch out instead.

this world isn't run by the prince of darkness, it's run by his brother, the prince of stupidity
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   04-30-2005, 12:36 PM
Post #17
Kris

StarCraft Live
Webmaster

Sunday will be the greatest day of my life.

Fun Infused Games | My Blog | Smooth Operator | Evilscale | Wellplayed.net
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   04-30-2005, 02:44 PM
Post #18
dimitri583

Faster! More Intense!
ForumsX Administrator

eh.... its gonna be dumbed down... a LOT. hell, they bleep out half the old episodes as it is! its not gonna be that great, a lot more tame. not looking forward to it.

American Dad has SOME potential, but... the first episode really sucked. so eh, i dunno.

and the simpsons episode is just gonna blow to.

so yeah. sunday will suck. a lot

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   04-30-2005, 04:50 PM
Post #19
Forzan

Abomination

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitri583
eh.... its gonna be dumbed down... a LOT. hell, they bleep out half the old episodes as it is! its not gonna be that great, a lot more tame. not looking forward to it.
The highest brow thing Family Guy ever had was the Benjamin Disraeli joke, and it centered around the audience not knowing who he was. Family Guy was never intelligent comedy.

In addition, it's less tame to fit the ever expanding standard of edgy. The first episode has a flashback of Peter as Jesus, being whipped, covered in bloody lashes. Drugs and alcohol are a plot subject, and there is a joke about child abuse.

I hope you said this to get a response, and not because you're a moron.

folder icon   04-30-2005, 05:23 PM
Post #20
dimitri583

Faster! More Intense!
ForumsX Administrator

Quote:
The highest brow thing Family Guy ever had was the Benjamin Disraeli joke, and it centered around the audience not knowing who he was. Family Guy was never intelligent comedy.

In addition, it's less tame to fit the ever expanding standard of edgy. The first episode has a flashback of Peter as Jesus, being whipped, covered in bloody lashes. Drugs and alcohol are a plot subject, and there is a joke about child abuse.

I hope you said this to get a response, and not because you're a moron.

A better wording of that would have been numbed down. And no, I didnít post that for any of the above two reasons. You just take posts, as well as your replies, far too seriously.

This is not an encyclopedia Britannica entry, itís just post on a message board. Your more righteous than thou condescending attitude to that is like giving a Radio Flyer nitro. Its overdoing it and it wonít get you anywhere.

But its fun to watch anyhow.

Hmmm... So i guess you were right. I did it to get a response. Either way, ladies and gentlemen. Im fucking wasted.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   04-30-2005, 05:47 PM
Post #21
Crusty_-_-Gloves

War Chief

if you didn't know about this for 5 months already you've never liked family guy

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   04-30-2005, 06:57 PM
Post #22
Forzan

Abomination

Quote:
A better wording of that would have been numbed down. And no, I didnít post that for any of the above two reasons. You just take posts, as well as your replies, far too seriously.

This is not an encyclopedia Britannica entry, itís just post on a message board. Your more righteous than thou condescending attitude to that is like giving a Radio Flyer nitro. Its overdoing it and it wonít get you anywhere.

Hmmm... So i guess you were right. I did it to get a response. Either way, ladies and gentlemen. Im fucking wasted.

I've never encountered a condescending encyclopedia, and I'm not trying to win any contests. If I planned on getting anywhere, then I would be somewhere else by now.

You take my replies far too seriously. This is just the internet. For realious.

- - However, I did get a response.

folder icon   04-30-2005, 09:40 PM
Post #23
dimitri583

Faster! More Intense!
ForumsX Administrator

Quote:
I've never encountered a condescending encyclopedia, and I'm not trying to win any contests. If I planned on getting anywhere, then I would be somewhere else by now.

You take my replies far too seriously. This is just the internet. For realious.

- - However, I did get a response.

*zoom* way over your head.

folder icon   04-30-2005, 09:56 PM
Post #24
Kegel

Quote:
*zoom* way over your head.

Tee hee, Forzan's a douche

Tomorrow night at 9 EST is the new season premier to my understanding. I've already made sure I'll be near a television between the hours of 8 and 11 so I'm pumped.

A friend of mine has already downloaded the episode ahead of time, and like myself he's a family guy purist, and he was very happy with it.

edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-01-2005, 02:07 AM
Post #25
Always Right

Anime Freak!

Quote:

I'll drink to that!

Damn, I've been saying that all night...and following through with it. I'm fucking wasted.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-01-2005, 03:26 AM
Post #26
Darkwolf

Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Right
I'll drink to that!

Damn, I've been saying that all night...and following through with it. I'm fucking wasted.

I'm sitting alone in my room in a empty dorm! We're like twins!

folder icon   05-01-2005, 04:23 AM
Post #27
dimitri583

Faster! More Intense!
ForumsX Administrator

*raises half emptybottle of jd*

gentelemen.... to liquor! the cause of, and solution too all of lifes problems

hmmm time to crash

folder icon   05-01-2005, 04:47 AM
Post #28
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Strawberry on the Shortcake

id be more happy if futurama was coming back, but family guy is awesome too i like american dad, personally. the alien is the best part.

folder icon   05-02-2005, 01:06 AM
Post #29
Always Right

Anime Freak!

Well, I think Family Guy was better than expected. The first 10 seconds or so when Peter was listing off all those failed shows FOX has put on since FG was canceled was awesome and it's always great when Brian and Stewie team up(not sure why). I cracked the fuck up at the look Stewie gave Brian when he slipped out that 'upside down face' part. Some other good parts in there but a lot of blah one's as well. I'm still not quite sure what to think of that Passion of the Christ 2 thing.

And of course American Dad was gay.

Oh, and yes, new Futurama would rock.

folder icon   05-02-2005, 03:08 AM
Post #30
Avathar

Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Right
Oh, and yes, new Futurama would rock.

Amen to that.

Tulip. - Avathar
Return to Top  

newthread reply General Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: