ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > World Of WarCraft Discussion > New Instances (warning - lots of pics)
Search this Thread:

newthread reply World Of WarCraft Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

New Instances (warning - lots of pics)  
folder icon   06-09-2005, 04:05 PM
New Instances (warning - lots of pics) Post #1
Warlock

Arch Druid

Melina on Malygos

I came across a map exploring program for wow. It kicks serious ass. I wanted to show you guys some stuff

Azshara Crater - this will be the third battleground.. it looks pretty much done but I guess not 100%

There are two huge dragon statues guarding some temple. The program has a wierd lighting system so some stuff looks messed up. The temple was one of them - it looked all blue. I am guessing the goal for this battleground may be a race of some sort to claim some artifact in that temple.

Night Elf base, strangely with an orc barracks in it. Guessing that is placeholder.

Orc base

Emerald Dream - extremely unfinished. I'm guessing either Blizzard is keeping this one internally or they just havn't done anything. This was the only decent pic I could get

That's about all that's there, lots of trees like that.

Caverns of Time - this place was fucking cool. It was largely unfinished except this spot called "Old Hillsbrad Foothills". There was also a winding path with a lot of space and planets around it (guessing that is the entrance that leads to this "blast from the past" area)

Durnholde Keep - all sparkly new

Tarren Mill - no undead! check the sky

Hillsbrad - more pretty sky

I also explored Blackwing Lair which looks done. The final battle is on a balcony that overlooks both Searing Gorge and the Burning Steppes (it's right in between so you can see searing on the left and burning on the right). It was bad-ass.

P.S. - Draenor is also there.. it's super small.. maybe the size of Tanaris. It wasn't done from what I could tell but what they had there was cool. Someone actually posted pictures of it awhile ago when they made their own server and gave themselves admin privilages. It's west of Stranglethorn.. start swimming! GM Island is also NW of Teldrassil if you are curious

* WarCraft Trivia God! *

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   06-09-2005, 05:29 PM
Post #2
Big-Floppy-Llama

Here's a video of some guy exploring as well. A bunch of crazy places I've never known about.

I'm kinda bummed about the new battlegrounds, I was really hoping for a 5 man DotA style battleground that was essentially just like DotA, because I love DotA!!

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   06-09-2005, 05:43 PM
Post #3
Warlock

Arch Druid

Melina on Malygos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Floppy-Llama
Here's a video of some guy exploring as well. A bunch of crazy places I've never known about.

I'm kinda bummed about the new battlegrounds, I was really hoping for a 5 man DotA style battleground that was essentially just like DotA, because I love DotA!!

I read at I think GameSpy they are working on something like that..

* WarCraft Trivia God! *

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   06-12-2005, 01:24 PM
Post #4
Yuber8900

Knight

Pretty pretty

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   06-13-2005, 02:27 AM
Post #5
Majin-Farley

Paladin

Could you possibly post a link of where I could download this program?

folder icon   06-13-2005, 07:57 PM
Post #6
Warlock

Arch Druid

Melina on Malygos

http://wowmapview.sourceforge.net/

That is the program. It is not the best, like I mentioned with the lighting. But it is still cool none-the-less. I suggest checking out the hotkeys before you go into a map though. In particular I always use I (because the thing inverts mouse so moving down angles the camera up.. I hate that) and P to speed up movement.

Someone also mentioned this movie:
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=1849

The guy had a seperate server setup or something where he could give himself admin commands and access a bunch of these areas. There is a cool one called the Black Morass which I didn't see in the mapping program (though I must have missed it). It looks like it's part of the Caverns of Time because it's a bit like Swamp of Sorrows but the *old* dark portal is there. Very awesome.

Edit: My bad, I did miss it:

It looks better in the video though because the lighting is correct

* WarCraft Trivia God! *

Return to Top  

newthread reply World Of WarCraft Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: