ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > General Gaming Discussion > A map called MMORPG.
Search this Thread:

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

A map called MMORPG.  Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
folder icon   02-04-2004, 06:11 PM
Post #561
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Now that could work...

Last edited by RynjaxxBlue on 02-04-2004 at 07:13 PM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-04-2004, 07:46 PM
Post #562
The_Lone_Gunman*

Overlord

Hey Rynjaxx, a few pages back you said you were looking for a mace? I'm not sure if this problem was solved or not, but doesnt the orc special unit "warchief"(the red fel orc riding a horse) carry a mace?

Be respectful of your superiors, if you have any.~ Mark Twain
Actually, It turns out I'm the President of the Forums, and forgot.
http://forumsx.net/showthread.php?t=26044&page=3&pp=35
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-04-2004, 09:24 PM
Post #563
Zuljins-Return

Gargoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lone_Gunman*
Hey Rynjaxx, a few pages back you said you were looking for a mace? I'm not sure if this problem was solved or not, but doesnt the orc special unit "warchief"(the red fel orc riding a horse) carry a mace?
That or some shitty lookin' little stick.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-04-2004, 09:31 PM
Post #564
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

The Faceless Ones have the ideal kind of mace, bigass spikes and stuff... I just can't .mdl edit it. Have skills approximately equal to the cube root of suck in .mdl editing. I made another model but I don't know if it's usable, some texture problems... meh.

folder icon   08-25-2004, 05:44 PM
Post #565
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

==============

The main post has been recovered back to its most recent kickassness.

So assuming we're pretty much stuck here, should I throw up a few of the lost screens or do we just start here?

folder icon   08-25-2004, 08:29 PM
Post #566
Kokeeno

Owl Scout

I still have all the screen shots and I'll try to finish up the gallery tonight. Once I get it complete I may need your assistance in getting them all uploaded with descriptions.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   08-25-2004, 09:12 PM
Post #567
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokeeno
I still have all the screen shots and I'll try to finish up the gallery tonight. Once I get it complete I may need your assistance in getting them all uploaded with descriptions.

Thanks, cool. If you need descriptions for any or all of 'em I'll write them up. Hopefully I remember what the point of each screen was.

folder icon   08-26-2004, 06:33 AM
Post #568
Knight of Ni

Stoned Troll Fanatic

Did each of them actually have a point?

folder icon   08-26-2004, 06:51 AM
Post #569
Aeyo

Assassin

To stop us from trying to eat him alive, we needed those posts or we would go cold turkey and need to eat him.

folder icon   08-26-2004, 12:02 PM
Post #570
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Ogre
To stop us from trying to eat him alive, we needed those posts or we would go cold turkey and need to eat him.

True. Of course, I would never be in danger of being eaten as anyone who comes within 600 feet of me with harmful intentions is spontaneously teleported to the ocean fifty miles off the coast of Peru while their arms and legs are teleported to Egypt, courtesy of Subroutine 662400c5 of my ubertastic brain.

---
Whatever.

RynjaxxBlue has attached this image:

folder icon   08-26-2004, 12:16 PM
Post #571
Aeyo

Assassin

What about if you were to experiment with S&M? That would be a problem. Does it work if you approach them? Does that mean I can ambush you? Aaah, screens.

folder icon   08-26-2004, 03:45 PM
Post #572
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

I wouldn't, so it wouldn't, yes it does, no it doesn't.

folder icon   08-27-2004, 05:45 AM
Post #573
Knight of Ni

Stoned Troll Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynjaxxBlue
courtesy of Subroutine 662400c5 of my ubertastic brain.
I want one of those too!

folder icon   08-27-2004, 10:19 AM
Post #574
Aeyo

Assassin

Your brain shall never be as übertastic as that of Ryns, and your subroutines, never as z00taful, never!

folder icon   08-27-2004, 02:23 PM
Post #575
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Ni
I want one of those too!

Well, you could, sort of, but then you'd run life at 0.000023 FPS with a chance of scattered crashes on Wednesdays.

folder icon   08-27-2004, 06:16 PM
Post #576
Jezta

The Black Sphynx

Quote:
True. Of course, I would never be in danger of being eaten as anyone who comes within 600 feet of me with harmful intentions is spontaneously teleported to the ocean fifty miles off the coast of Peru while their arms and legs are teleported to Egypt, courtesy of Subroutine 662400c5 of my ubertastic brain.

---
Whatever.

So that's why my shit keeps getting re-routed to Switzerland...I was wondering. Because when you subconsciously send someone’s extremities to Egypt, and they don't get there, one starts to wonder.

folder icon   08-27-2004, 11:43 PM
Post #577
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

I admit, the subroutine does sometimes seem to have a mind of its own and teleports stuff randomly. Though teleport it does... the last miserable glitch victim (some dumbass Avril Lavigne fan with what she thought was a sensible argument) is floating around in geosynchronous orbit, getting pelted by small bits of incoming meteoroids. Bwahaha. I should upgrade the thing, then it should become capable of teleporting 64x more mass... I could send entire legions of morons to Saturn.

folder icon   08-28-2004, 04:33 AM
Post #578
Kjell Thusaud

War Chief

Micky Mouse on Crack

Lucky you, im stuck with Brain 1.0.
Man, I need an update, Ive tried installing the Brain 3.5 but it just wont run, do any of you know what i should do next?

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   08-28-2004, 02:37 PM
Post #579
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Thusaud
Lucky you, im stuck with Brain 1.0.
Man, I need an update, Ive tried installing the Brain 3.5 but it just wont run, do any of you know what i should do next?

Brain 3.5, sadly, got rushed out with little bugfixing due to the pressure to get Heart 1.0 upgraded to 1.1b for compatibility with new artificial valves as well as a slight patch to the muscle tissue handler.

Because of this, it tends to have certain issues with specific nerve myelination densities (y'know, the stuff that helps the signal conduct faster).

Its cerebrum also has occasional stability problems with white brain matter - most current quantities are not sufficient for smooth calculation of advanced movement control algorithms, so it has to try to swapfile the 4-dimensional vector calculus crap into unused regions of gray matter, leading to hallucinations (imagine little arrows and square root signs dancing around in your field of view - it can get quite frustrating), coma, or possibly the rapid cessation of all physiological functions happily known to most human beings as either "death" or "programmed idiot removal for the benefit of mankind". I suggest you upgrade to good ol' 3.0c first and wait until they patch the new 3.5 for a wider range of functionality and/or compatibility.

I myself have chosen to run the point release called 3.42g, with heavy modding and overclocking in higher dimensions which I can easily perform using my infinite powers of The One-y reality manipulation.

I'm so awesome, I'm just so darn AWESOME!

edit: Or it might just be the massive implement of pointiness stuck through your avatar's head. Just maybe.

folder icon   08-29-2004, 10:26 AM
Post #580
Kjell Thusaud

War Chief

Micky Mouse on Crack

So you think it would help if I like, shanged av?

Edit: Ok, Ive got the beta version of 3.0c from my friend, it should work out now.

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles
folder icon   08-29-2004, 10:54 AM
Post #581
Jezta

The Black Sphynx

Ryn, I'm working of a pirated 4.0b.

It's buggy as hell, and crashes often, but I think the ability to move small planets into the Sun (remember Sedna? Buwahahaha ) is well worth the limited memory and constant crashes.

I hear they plan to tone down the power in the final release, favoring an internal address book.

People and their priorities... *shrug*

folder icon   08-29-2004, 12:34 PM
Post #582
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

You do realize that when 4.0b was leaked, they hadn't implemented the advanced virus protection that had been in all versions starting from 2.0, and that your Brain is now highly vulnerable to virus attacks? I'm sending you the details in an e-mail attachment which only happens to be so large because it's in, y'know, Word DOC format, and that's sure to strap on an extra couple megabytes of hard-drive-wiping death - er, I mean COLOR TEXT FORMATTING - to any brief 2-page description of Brain 4.0b specifications... Just click the damn thing, willyer.

folder icon   08-29-2004, 01:11 PM
Post #583
Jezta

The Black Sphynx

Oh don't worry, I knew that when I got it and fixed it as soon as I could.

Thank's for your concern, I'm sending you a reply E-mail with an attachment that only looks like a slightly re-coded version of yours. I mearly wrote thank you were your very helpful message was.

Yeah...no worries.

folder icon   08-29-2004, 01:18 PM
Post #584
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Sure. I suppose we could always switch to normal mail if electronic doesn't seem to be the optimal, um, solution. I'm sending you a package with a manual on overclocking your Brain 4.0b so it runs 3x faster. Don't mind the ticking sound, it's only the, extra free bonus tutorial CD, um, settling.

folder icon   08-29-2004, 02:00 PM
Post #585
Jezta

The Black Sphynx

Oh good, thanks. I was wondering why you sent me a clock.

The only downside is you forgot proper postage, and the post office had to send it back to you.

folder icon   08-29-2004, 02:48 PM
Post #586
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Poor mailman... he did his job well.... I'll have to replace the damn mailbox now though. That and the fire hydrant... and the pavement... and the houses... and the damn lake... f@@k. *sigh* You people just have to complicate things, eh?

folder icon   08-29-2004, 05:43 PM
Post #587
Jezta

The Black Sphynx

Eh, well that's life. What can ya do?

folder icon   08-30-2004, 07:55 AM
Post #588
Kjell Thusaud

War Chief

Micky Mouse on Crack

Buy an insurance?

folder icon   08-30-2004, 04:14 PM
Post #589
Knight of Ni

Stoned Troll Fanatic

I've constructed my own brain out of spare parts that one of my friends who works for Evolution (R) got me. It works fine except you can't get costumer's support for it. However, the only major problems with it are that it makes me want to commit suicide, worship Satan, kill random people and buy microsoft games.

Hasn't this gone a bit off topic?

folder icon   08-31-2004, 12:28 PM
Post #590
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Quote:
I've constructed my own brain out of spare parts that one of my friends who works for Evolution (R) got me. It works fine except you can't get costumer's support for it. However, the only major problems with it are that it makes me want to commit suicide, worship Satan, kill random people and buy microsoft games.

Hasn't this gone a bit off topic?

If you have any control over the order of malfunction, I suggest kill random people first ('cause it's funny), buy Microsoft games (you're going to be dead soon anyway so you can't install 'em, but it gives you an excuse to keep breathing for a while), then commit suicide, and worship Satan last so you can't go to hell for it (since you're already dead, hehe).

As far as on-topicness, I present to you what is effectively supposed to be a progress indicator. See the little "35/69" in my signature? Every 1 point of progress is a task, like "Complete Daggerfields area" or "Fix quest bug A679-Q7001245x". They range in importance from minor corrections to completing a bunch of hero spellbooks, so it's not really obvious, but at least it shows that I did something today or whatever. However much it turns out to change per day, remember that I rule and the map's progress really doesn't matter quite as much as how much I rule, which is quite a lot.

folder icon   09-01-2004, 06:51 AM
Post #591
Knight of Ni

Stoned Troll Fanatic

Quote:
If you have any control over the order of malfunction, I suggest kill random people first ('cause it's funny), buy Microsoft games (you're going to be dead soon anyway so you can't install 'em, but it gives you an excuse to keep breathing for a while), then commit suicide, and worship Satan last so you can't go to hell for it (since you're already dead, hehe).
I imagine the result to be something like this:

Knight of Ni has attached this image:

folder icon   09-01-2004, 11:13 AM
Post #592
Kjell Thusaud

War Chief

Micky Mouse on Crack

How much in this topic is really on topic?

K-o-n: are you shure that is a mal function?

Look, COLOR TEXT FORMATTING! kickass!

folder icon   09-01-2004, 01:22 PM
Post #593
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Quote:
I imagine the result to be something like this:

That is so... fucking... AWESOME.

folder icon   09-03-2004, 10:53 AM
Mace Post #594
Drakkel6

Spirit Wolf

Eh?
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Models&ID=444&sid=

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-03-2004, 10:59 AM
Post #595
RynjaxxBlue

Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakkel6
Eh?
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Models&ID=444&sid=

Pretty awesome... I could actually use that, thanks.

Return to Top  Pages (30): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: