Linear Hybrid Threaded

HOTON  
folder icon   09-11-2006, 07:34 PM
HOTON Post #1
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

the story setting is simple;
a massive SouthAmerican style jungle full of both sacred and unholy beasts

you will be coming from the Sadin Tribe(typical Native American Culture)
your village is built at the top of a great waterfall. your houses are two feet tall but burrow nine feet into the ground

if you follow the waterfall river upstreamfor a mile you will get to a Great Lake
the lake houses the God of your people; JOAK (Joe-ah-k) who is a giant turtle (size of two elephants) he created the Otter to eat the lake-devils (jelly fish) so they will not kill the Sadin people who fish there.

the other god of worship in GON (GOE-N) who is the earth and the plant life of earth, he also created thet Porcupine, the bear, the boar, and the KOSUA (koe-soo-ah) which is a sacred white snake with great poison and great healing blood.

the moon (NUL)(nool) created all other meat eating beasts...unknown for now as to other animal creation.

Fox is the spirit of children and they run free in the village

Song-Bird is a sacred bird who goes silent when danger is coming

Tosa (TOSE-AH) is mental illness
Bora (BORE-AH) is bodiliy illness
both are powerful spirits

STORYLINE

TOSVI (tose-vih) is a little girl (seven) who is mentally ill (schizophrenic), she, just like all HEAD SICK children, is to be taken to the ESHADA (little monkies) to be taught to use the illness in good ways.

you and your party have been asigned the task of taking her there--none of you have ever left the hunting grounds around you. world is unknown.

NEMISIS

HOTON is the Jaguar, and basically the grim reaper.

MORE COMING WHEN I HAVE SUPPORT

Я ни псих или героя

Listen to my words. Fear not for I am an Angel, I Love you and I will guide you. ~ Malkavian Bible

"I am only a Product of your Necessity"
~ Jack The Prophet, The Book of Jack
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Post #2
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

CLASSES
Damage=
weapon DMG + strength bonus (MELEEE)
weapon DMG + dexterity bonus (ranged)

I WILL DO ALL ROLLING TO AVOID CHEATING

ADDITIONAL RACES CLASSES AND SPELLS WILL BE UNLOCKED DURING PLAY

BEAR:
fights with two axes at -1 penalty (usually a -3 on roll to hit)
can track by smell
regenerates ten points of life over night instead of 5
-1 to all physical damage taken (HIDE ARMOR)
starts with two stone axes (2 damage each)

BOAR:
fights with shield and short spear with+4 dmg on charge(usually +2)
can run twice as long as others
-1 to all physical damage taken (boar hide armor)
shild provides additional -1 to damage taken
starts with Stone 2-pronged-spear (2 damage)
and small shield (large shield does -2 damage)

ASHADE: (CASTER) (all spells are bought when ever and then used times/day)
fights with hands (1 nonlethal)
can climb at double speed

spells.
grow healing sap/poison sap (inflicted) 5/day, heal sap=7 points of life(one use), poison=5 additional points of damage (one use)
start with

tree skin (target) 3/day, target gains -2 damage, but cannot run
costs 30 xp

thorn grasp (target other then self) 3/day, arm becomes ten foot vine of thorns for one round. can trip target (str check vs dex check) or simply strike ONE target at a time (3 damage)
costs 40 xp

blossom powder (area effect) 2/day, rains gold pollon on 10 feet circle +10 feet/ additional 5 xp spent to get spell) puts breathing creatures to sleep.

tree voice (target tree) ask two yes/no questions +1/ additonal 5 points spent on spell 3/day
costs 14 xp

tranqulize (target beast or rage) paralyze beast with touch, or end any creatures rage with touch. paralyze lasts 10 miniutes+10/additional 5 xp spent
5/day
costs 25 xp

MUST WORSHIP GON (can talk with any animal)

WITCH (caster) fights with staff (2 nonleathel)
levitate 1/day 10 feet/level

spells

ward borah (heal sickness/infection 1 target) touch
10 xp 6/day

sight (see distance) 1 mile/ 10 additional xp spent, lasts one minute
costs 20 xp 1/day

chilled (target +1 target per 15 xp spent) deals 7 nonleathal damage and stuns target one round--ice damage, range of fifteen feet, 2/day
25 xp costs

dark light (up to 20 foot area) all inside can see out, outside cannot see in, lasts one hour + 20 minutes/ additional 10 xp spent 3/day
25 xp costs

light of the sun (creates a glowing ball of heatless light in hand) lasts two hours +1 hour/10 xp spent. 5/day
10 xp costs

to learn weapons:
familiar weapons cost 2 xp to learn to use
BOLA
SPEAR
AX
BLOWGUN (+1 point to use poison without injury)
SMALL SHIELD
DAGGER

cost varies on unfamiliar items...

every 100 experiance you gain a level

+5 total life
+1 point to ability (strenght, dex, con, mind strength, sanity, personality)
+1 per 2 levels on attack roll

XP handed out based on situations and response

ABILITIES

STRENGTH= melee dmg and hands on craft
DEXTERITY= ranged dmag and skills that require skill
CONSTITUTION= fight desease, posion, stun, paralyze, and some spell effects
MIND STR= fight illusions, cast spells
SANITY= fight madness, protect from enchantments
PERSONALITY= spells, persuasion, amount of impact on others

MORE COMING SOON

Я ни псих или героя

Listen to my words. Fear not for I am an Angel, I Love you and I will guide you. ~ Malkavian Bible

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-12-2006, 12:06 AM
Post #3
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

like DND the world is divided into 5foot grids

i will use DND terms as often as i can in explaining this.

COBAT

walking 5-10feet is a move action that does not invoke an Attack of Oppurtunity (AoO) which is a free attack made while you or someone else is doing something other then fighting. when you move without an AoO happening; its called a Swift action

5foot walk--free action; does not count as doing anything
6-10foot walk--swift action (does not invokes an AoO)
11-15foot walk--move action (does invoke AoO)
16+ --full round action (may take no other actions)

charging must be down from at least 10feet awy
10-15foot charge--free action
16-20foot--swift action
21-30foot--move action
31+ --fullround

different races you unlock have diffferent gauges bases on speed

note: some armors slow you down...in the beginning only HIDE armor is available

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-12-2006, 12:51 AM
Post #4
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

ANOTHER CLASS

SPINE:
fights with MorningStar made from porcupine quills
-4 damage from ranged attacks (dodge
only has to eat every two days
starts with MorinStar (3 damage)
proficient with BOLA (range 50 feet)
immune to desease

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-12-2006, 02:25 AM
Post #5
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

CLASS SPECIALS:

BEAR:

bear hug--grapples a target in your grasp (neither can take any actions, but others can attack you or target)
5 xp costs
limbs of the earth--must have BEAR HUG to get, allows you to deal 2 nonleathal dmg/round to grappled target
10 xp costs

cleave--strike with both axes at once as a fullround action; destroys armor made of a material softer then your weapons, (example: leather is cut by stone, but stone doesn't cut steel)
20 xp costs
sunder--as cleave but effects weapons, only on AoO
25 xp costs

danger instincts--can smell danger; 100 feet if wind is blowing towards you, 10 feet if away, and 50 feet if no wind
20 xp costs

*EARTH FURY--for 1 round + 1round/three levels, 1/hour; for a full round action you may every round this is in effect strike a target and knock them to the ground five feet away (it invokes and AoO to stand up).
40 xp costs

BOAR:

boar charge--when you charge you may sheld bash the target instead of using a spear, this deals 4 nonleathal dmg, and pushes the target 5 feet back
10 xp costs
charge of the beast--as above but deals normal dmg and knocks target back 10 feet. requires BOAR CHARGE
20 xp costs
DOES NOT KNOCK TARGET DOWN

boar heart--immune to posion
15 xp costs
boar bones--immune to nonleathal dmg, requires BOAR HEART
30 xp costs

stout--+10 life
20 xp costs

*EARTH CHARGE--charge thrhough NATURAL obsticles up to 4 feet thick as though they were not there; charge 100 feet as a move action
50 xp costs

SPINE:

dark vision--see 10ft/level in absolute dark as though day
5 xp costs
Life vision--see heat as far as you see in the dark (even through non plant barriors) requires DARK VISION
25 xp costs

guard-- additional -1 from ranged attacks
10 xp costs
sky-bane--can deflect one projectile with MorningStar/level/two rounds requires GUARD
15 xp costs

sustenance--you can survive by eating bark
20 xp costs

*SHAPE EARTH:-- when using your hands, stone is treated as clay
35 xp costs

CASTERS COMING SOOn

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-12-2006, 06:51 PM
Post #6
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

CASTER SPECIALS

Ashade:

tree run--allows you to run flawlessly up wooden and manmade objects, you run on all fours and thus cannot carry anything in your hands
5 xp costs

leap--can jump 10feet from stand still, or 20 feet at a run
5 xp costs

tree bound--you can leap 15 feet off of trees and autilmatcally land balanced (of onto ground up to 50 feet down, or onto another tree or solid object, or leap from another high position with the same stats and the "leap" ability.) the point of this is that you can run up things, and then leap to something else. requires LEAP and TREE RUN.
5 xp costs

TAIL**--you grow a tail that funtions both as an additional arm, and gives you 1/day on all spells (if you pay 2 xp for each spell you apply this to)
30 xp costs

WITCH:
light heart--with a touch you may hedge out all spirits within a living creature/object
5 xp

heavy heart--with a touch you may hedge out all spirits within a nonliving object
5 xp

broken heart--holding or touching an object and spirit (or spirit host) you may trap the spirit into touched object.
--you may ask it ONE question a day, you will only get a one-word answer
--you may use it as a hostage to other spirits of the same type
--use your imagination
requires both HEAVY HEART and LIGHT HEART
10xp

*DEAD HEART--when you find a body that has been dead less then a day (and not killed by you or your companions) you may ask it ONE question, but it will give a full answer. useble on one body/100feet

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-15-2006, 01:47 PM
Post #7
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

ROLLING UP

okay, we start sunday...

as a human (SAKIN) all your abilities
strength
dexterity
constituion
mind strength
sanity
personality

lets break them up.

strength; physical strength, effects the distance you can throw (items distance plus 5feet/ modifer point. how much damage you do with melee weapons (weapon damage plus strength modifer points) and your acuracy with melee weapons (i roll a d20, + your attack bonus + your strength Modiifier points.)
like wise it effects your "Impact" factor, that is to say, with some items and weapons you may either knock a target back,on teh ground, or unconscios based on the PERCENTILE i roll= 1-45 is a normal attack, 26-60 knocks the target back 5 feet, 61-75 knocks the target to the ground, 76-80 knocks target unconscious, and 81-100 is a critical hit (double damage)

Constituation; bodilly strength, efects your endurance (you may sprint +20 feet/modifer point) your resistance to poision and deseases (con modifier+1/5 of current life, vs. DEsease/poision DC) and how fast you heal (+1 point/night/2 modifier points.)

Dexterity; bodily reaction, efects your ranged accuracy (attck bonus +dex+ d20 i roll), your ranged damage (weapon damage + dex modifer) it effects your reaction (who ever has the hhigheest dex modifier moves first in combat.
and finally, it gives you +1 attack/round/10 modifier points

Mind Strength; resistance to magic and insanity (MS modifier+ Sanitiy modifer vs. DC of spell or AFFLICTION. further more it raises the dCs of your spells by 1/3 modifer pionts

Sanity; is just that, how sane you are, it effects some magic (depends on spell) adds to magical defense (see Mind Strength) and finally controls the "FREAK OUT FACTOR" that is when you take too much pain in one round, become terrified or others.... i rolll and D20 verses a D20+ your sanity modifier, i the first roll beats your Sanity Roll, then you either RUN IN FEAR, COLLAPSE ON THE GROUND, or EVEN ATTACK THE NEAREST LIVING THING. (i reserve the right to create other sideeffects at will.)

Personality; your influence, needed to get others to see things your way (a d20 + your personality vs. a d20 + targets personality) it makes some spells more efective)

for every 2 points above 10 you get 1 modifier point.

as a SAKIN you begin with straight 10's on all stats; +10 points to add to them
and classes efect stats (See below)

Bear; +2 strength
Boar; +2 con
Spine; +2 dex
AshadE; +2 MS/ +2 Personality
Witch; +2 MS/ +2 Sanity

STARTING PACKAGE

50 life
10 owl feathers (=1 dollar each)
weapons of class
1 jug of GONGOD (opium drink (ceremoniously))
ALIGNMENT (evil, lawful evil, neuatral, lawful good, good)

you may buy a fox pet for 4 feathers
you may buy a warning bird for 5 feathers

you may buy for GONGOD for 2 feathers a jug
you may buy more weapons...you know what? just visit the fucking shops.

so uh...yeah

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-18-2006, 04:14 PM
Post #8
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

posion drains your life every hour of GAMEPLay *not real time*

desease effects you once a day, and usually drains ability points, usually temporarily drain.

example; rabies--every day you take 1 point of Sanity drain, every two days you regain 1 ability points to all drained stats.

example posion; Dark Ichor (can be conumed or inflicted (wound)) 20 points of NONLEATHEL damage/ hour (until unconcois. thats one dose. every does after words adds ten to the nonleathal damage

LIST OF POSIONS THAT CAN BE MADE BY ANYONE WHO GETS A RECIPE.

BREAK FRUIT JUICE (must be consumed), i roll two saves, if either fails effected target is unconcious for a rolled almount of hours (i DO NOT tell you how long)
ten+ ounces (1 ounce=one dose) kills the target in one hour.
this is a sweet smelling liquid that is to be mixed with food (or dranken straight) to work.

Vile Wasp venom (must be inflicted) usually aplied to dagers and spears, it deals three points of damage per hour when target is inflicted. posions evaporates three hours after exposed to air

Sulferic Cloud (inhaled) this is a gas that is caused by burning a speicial swamp stone. it makes a fifteen foot cloud that forces all victems to roll three saves, if all three fail; afected target dies instantly. otherwise he goes unconscioous.

these are example poisions, none of you know how to make them, or even what the ingrediants look like.

Я ни псих или героя

Return to Top  

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: