ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > General Gaming Discussion > Playstation 3 Has The Best Games?
Search this Thread:

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Playstation 3 Has The Best Games?  
folder icon   08-07-2009, 02:58 AM
Playstation 3 Has The Best Games? Post #1
clxkzj
Banned

Anybody notice that PS3 has the best games and the most variety.

I mean everybody including my mom enjoys it

A Great list of games i play and want

Killzone 2
Little Big Planet
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm
Resistance 2
inFamous
Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted Drakes Fortune
MLB 09 The Show

Those are only on PS3

then u got the

Street Fighter 4
GTA IV and More only on PS3

Coming Soon

God Of War 3
M.A.G. 256 Players Online
Uncharted 2
Tekken 6
GTA V
Kingdom Hearts 3
Grand Turismo 5

Isn't a great time to own a ps3?

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   08-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Post #2
~Crusader~

Ranger

Mailpouch on Burning Legion

Geez, these bot attempts are throwing lots of mixed messages around.

And you HAVE to be a bot, Sony fanboys don't even try to claim that the PS3 has a robust breadth of titles.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   08-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Post #3
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Strawberry on the Shortcake

That's not entirely true. I own a PS3 and I'm quite glad of it, there are quite a few nice PS3 exclusives. Though...

Quote:
Posted by some dumb bot:
then u got the

Street Fighter 4
GTA IV and More only on PS3

I have no idea what that means. Neither of those games is an exclusive.

folder icon   08-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Post #4
dimitri583

Faster! More Intense!
ForumsX Administrator

360 spanks PS3 any day of the week

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   08-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Post #5
~Crusader~

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planet_Buster
That's not entirely true. I own a PS3 and I'm quite glad of it, there are quite a few nice PS3 exclusives. Though...I have no idea what that means. Neither of those games is an exclusive.

I've got a PS3 and a 360 and I enjoy both. Just the 360 has a wider variety of titles for it and the exclusives for the system are a bit better. Although PS3 is going to have an awesome year next year.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   08-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Post #6
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Yeah, next year's PS3 exclusives include Heavy Rain early in the year, which looks fucking awesome in every way.

Honestly I'm not all that impressed with the 360 exclusives. Care to clue me in? I'm not saying it's a bad system--it's very solid, and if my roommate didn't have one I'd buy one myself--I just prefer my PS3.

folder icon   08-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Post #7
~Crusader~

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planet_Buster
Honestly I'm not all that impressed with the 360 exclusives. Care to clue me in? I'm not saying it's a bad system--it's very solid, and if my roommate didn't have one I'd buy one myself--I just prefer my PS3.

The Gears of War series are games of rock solid mechanics and incredible co-op play. The stories are weak and dismissable, but the game itself is extrodinarily fun. Fable 2 is also very enjoyable and unique in the fact that it offers a very different idea to the RPG realm. Mass Effect, is well just stupidly incredible, its on PC as well.

Comparing those titles to say Killzone 2, Heavenly Sword, Lair, etc, I think the 360 pulls slightly ahead. Although, MGS4 and Uncharted are two fantastic titles.

Edit: Coming back to this, I did fail to mention Little Big Planet for the PS3 which, in my opinion, is probably one of the finest games made in the past decade. I have clocked more hours on that game on my PS3 than any other to date.

And yeah, Heavy Rain does look rather aweosme, plus Uncharted 2, God of War 3, Last Guardian. Yeah Sony will have a banner year next year, especially if they start the holiday season with a price cut!

Last edited by ~Crusader~ on 08-09-2009 at 09:30 PM.
folder icon   08-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Post #8
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

I'm miffed that you put Killzone 2 in the same category as things like Lair and Heavenly Sword. KZ2 Multiplayer is probably the best FPS multiplayer I've ever played short of the original Unreal Tournament.

I wouldn't call Mass Effect an exclusive since it's on the PC, but whether we count it or not I agree that it's stupid awesome. Fable 2... I admit I haven't tried it, but I've heard very mixed things. As to Gears of War... I really enjoyed doing co-op on the first one, but GoW2 I found to be very samey and bland. It was the first game all over again, complete with another Carmine as the team redshirt. It was still fun to play the co-op, but I didn't feel it was anything special really.

Oh, and I'm surprised you didn't mention Left 4 Dead(which if you count Mass Effect as an exclusive, so is that), which is some of the best gaming I've ever seen on any platform. Also, this is my personal preference, but Tales of Vesperia is a 360 exclusive(for now--the PS3 is getting a better version in a little while, which makes the point moot, but meh) that I absolutely love.

Anyways, Killzone 2, LittleBIGPlanet, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, and MGS 4 all make the PS3 stand out for me. To each their own I suppose.

folder icon   08-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Post #9
~Crusader~

Ranger

I was all about Killzone 2 when it was in development and such. But after playing through it I honestly was let down. The graphics are beautiful and the gameplay is good, but the weapon variety was bland, the levels were generic, and the storyline was absolutely horrible.

I think Killzone is a much better exclusive for Sony than others, but I still think it could've been a whole lot better.

I hear where you are coming from on Gears. I just enjoy the addictive gameplay of the game itself.

Mass Effect was an exclusive, it didn't come to the PC until 4-5ish months later, and the PC version is a port. Although it being on PC does pretty much take the exclusiveness away from it, yet one could argue, in respect towards the PS3/360 exclusives it would still be unique to the 360 in comparison the PS3.

I really never got into Left4Dead. Im honestly not much of a Valve fan, and zombie games just aren't my thing.

And when everything comes down to it, consoles are sort of my back burner when I don't have anything to play on my PC!

folder icon   08-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Post #10
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

I used to be computer gaming first and foremost, but nowadays the only games I really play on my computer are Blizzard games and rounds of Homeworld 2. Most of my gaming happens on console these days.

As to Left 4 Dead, I'm not a huge Valve fanboy--L4D is their first game I've played more than about 10 minutes of--but it's still totally worth it. Also completely and utterly different from any other zombie game out there. Unlike all the others, it actually feels like you're in one of those zombie movies. Which, in my mind, should be the goal of any zombie game.

I actually haven't played much of KZ2's singleplayer, mostly because I don't really care--regardless, I can't comment on it. I bought it primarily for the multiplayer, which did not let me down in the least. I was especially pleased with it as I was coming off of Resistance 2--the co-op multiplayer in R2 was good, but the competitive sucked hard. I know a lot of people don't like the way the aiming feels in KZ2, but I've gotten quite used to it.

A quick amendment on Mass Effect--yes, the game is stupid awesome, as previously stated. Except one part. The mako. That part is just STUPID, without any of the awesome. I hate that fucking thing and every time I have to drive it I get incredibly frustrated.

folder icon   08-15-2009, 10:36 AM
Post #11
Kjell Thusaud

War Chief

Micky Mouse on Crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by clxkzj
I mean everybody including my mom enjoys it

Wich is a funny councidence since everybody including PS3 enjoys your mom.

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   08-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Post #12
suneelkumar85
Banned

Hi,
thank you for giving this information.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
St Lucia Hotels
Marco Island Florida waterfront vacation rental house

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Post #13
~Crusader~

Ranger

Back on to topic, PS3 just had Demon's Souls drop for it in the states. Best money I have spent on a game in a long time. It is a sublime experience.

Go get it! Now! Go!

Why are you still reading!?

folder icon   10-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Post #14
IKickPuppies

Assassin

I still hate the controller, but the fact is that pirating 360 games with your comp beats paying $60-$70 for the same game on PS3.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Post #15
Funderbunk

Farseer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crusader~
Sony fanboys don't even try to claim that the PS3 has a robust breadth of titles.

You clearly have never met a real obsessive Sony fanboy. I know a Sony fanboy who was convinced PS3 games were made (as in modeling, texturing, programming) ON the PS3 because there is no PC who could handle that kind of graphics.

Return to Top  

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: