newthread reply WDP Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Guild Safehouses  
folder icon   03-11-2003, 08:30 AM
Guild Safehouses Post #1
Arctic_Sniper

Night Elf Ranger

I was wondering if we should do guild safehouses, places where someone can get their crap together and heal before going out to fight again. We could put these in numerous remote places all over the world and mark em on everybodys map. Just a small rundown house stocked with potions in a place only one of the guild would know where to look(the potions that is perhaps hide em in a chest under the bed or something) . That way, if say Grom is getting his ass beat by kobolds he can run off to a safehouse, heal, and return to kick the kobolds asses. These would be located in not too remote places such as mountains in Northrend, a little traveled part of some high level creep forest etc... Of course whoever started any particular safehouse then would have to stock it with potions and other such stuff. If someone has too many potions they could put in the extra in a nearby safehouse. That way adventuring in WoW will be made a lot easier and people won't find themselves at bind stones too oftenly.

CowUltrapunk: cuz u left the window open
Last edited by Arctic_Sniper on 06-11-2003 at 02:24 PM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-11-2003, 09:30 AM
Post #2
Grotghash

Knight

The question is: Is there anyone here to that is willing to donate things in the warehouse?

I would, my extra items of course, I think that this is a good idea because instead of waiting to heal, you can just go in the warehouse and attack right away. Who would be in charge of this house? We would have to put someone there to guard our things. Wouldn't our stuff be easily stolen? I say that if we do this with only 1 or 2 guards, we should put it in a secret place. Probably in a cave or up in a tree house. Or maybe in a huge dich.

You friended me on facebook a few months ago. I didnt know who you were then and i still dont now. Probably because its hard to get to know someone in tri-month intervals. That, or you have the personality of drywall. Except that i can atleast talk to the walls when im high. You were obviously hiding somewhere jerking off when God was passing out personalities." -dimitri583
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-11-2003, 10:25 AM
Post #3
Arctic_Sniper

Night Elf Ranger

Or if possible, the best locked and magickally trapped chest will suffice against any would be thieves. A magic ward that would make the chest invisible to non-members, maybe thats asking too much? I would be glad to be in charge of these I could go around killing shit and stocking the safehouses full of useful goods.

EDIT: if we can hire good npc guards that would be good, hell i'll pay for em myself.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-11-2003, 04:09 PM
Post #4
Zujin

Night Elf Ranger

Actually if one of our people or an ally or a potential ally is like being followed or stalked or something we could put them in the safe houses and maybe instead of the items being there we could just put some sort of way gate that only we could activate by some sort of item. And we could keep the main safe house in some very remote location like in the mountains of Northrend and possibly have wards or spells protecting it so people don't find it unless they knew exactly where it was and was part of WPD. So yeah that's my idea.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-11-2003, 07:20 PM
Post #5
~Crusader~

Ranger

Mailpouch on Burning Legion

Yeah i'd be happy to donate a couple potions to the stash...it sounds like a good idea, but may be hard to keep it secret.

Hire some Murlocs or something to protect it

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-12-2003, 12:12 AM
Post #6
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

I'll carry my own stash, thanks .

folder icon   03-12-2003, 12:26 AM
Post #7
LunarElemental

Arch Druid

HEY! Don't go narkin on my stash

"My spirit burns like the sun and i shall dry you like a prune."

pappskalle.
folder icon   03-12-2003, 12:51 AM
Post #8
The_Lone_Gunman*

Overlord

mmmm, secret stash.

i would have to do some research about protecting the stash. but its an interesting idea

Be respectful of your superiors, if you have any.~ Mark Twain
Actually, It turns out I'm the President of the Forums, and forgot.
http://forumsx.net/showthread.php?t=26044&page=3&pp=35
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-12-2003, 04:52 AM
Post #9
Bryndon

Chaos Blademaster

Is there a system of making guildhouses 'locked'? So only guild members can see it/access it through use of a password? You could have the one space being used by thousands of clans at the same time, all because they can't see the many millions of buildings put there. Otherwise, I'd like to see a gateway system so we can travel through a bunch of safehouses over a few minutes, and basically move through the world in the blink of an eye. I'd love to police them if I'm allowed, (but that might be getting too involved...)

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-12-2003, 05:33 PM
Post #10
The Slayer

Tauren Chieftain

or we could consider one of our soon to be fortress' a safe house??? a miltary controlled fortress sounds pretty safe to me

-Chieftan
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-12-2003, 05:55 PM
Post #11
Pld

Arch Druid

Ya and who will stay there and guard it?

But usually cant u lock the door? so only people of your chosing can go in it?

You can't argue with my ignorance!

VeeGee:"It's like me telling you to snap out of your haemophilia."
Grotghash: "My pinky = god"

blue
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-12-2003, 06:45 PM
Post #12
Grotghash

Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Pld
Ya and who will stay there and guard it?

Artic Sniper said he would.

You friended me on facebook a few months ago. I didnt know who you were then and i still dont now. Probably because its hard to get to know someone in tri-month intervals. That, or you have the personality of drywall. Except that i can atleast talk to the walls when im high. You were obviously hiding somewhere jerking off when God was passing out personalities." -dimitri583
folder icon   03-12-2003, 10:06 PM
Post #13
Mason209

Jackass

Yea, that sounds like a badass plan man. Good idea.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-13-2003, 12:03 PM
Post #14
XxHANZO

Official Forum Ninja

Zapthrottle on Turalyon

make it a public service. Here is how it works-
you make the hostil with food, healing items, some cheep ass weapons ETC. There can be a secret entrance for those who stock it, and for clan members (higher level weapons)
in return people look upon the clan favorably (hey The WDP sotckeced up this house and saved my ass) and perhaps leave a donation... a simple locked door or some spelled door would keep people out of the clan only side, and maybe if it is even possable a waygate to some other world? who knows.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-13-2003, 05:27 PM
Post #15
Arctic_Sniper

Night Elf Ranger

Quote:
Originally posted by XxHANZO
make it a public service. Here is how it works-
you make the hostil with food, healing items, some cheep ass weapons ETC. There can be a secret entrance for those who stock it, and for clan members (higher level weapons)
in return people look upon the clan favorably (hey The WDP sotckeced up this house and saved my ass) and perhaps leave a donation... a simple locked door or some spelled door would keep people out of the clan only side, and maybe if it is even possable a waygate to some other world? who knows.

I gotta disagree with that. Make it public everybody in a regional radius will come in the safehouses and take all the crap, spread the word about it sending massess of noobs inside for "kool lewt", eventually people wont even know its WDP, just as "that house with the good crap inside", therefore making it useless for us. And who cares what other people think of us, we are planning to take over the world after all.

edit: And I guarantee nobody will make a "donation" nobody is that kind . We must come to depend on and trust only people within our own guild.

Last edited by Arctic_Sniper on 03-13-2003 at 05:31 PM.
folder icon   03-13-2003, 06:41 PM
Post #16
Mason209

Jackass

Quote:
Originally posted by RynjaxxBlue
And then we start mass murdering people. Oh joy.

Yes yes, mass murdering is good for the soul...that and sex.

Which raises another question, will you be able to have sex in WoW.

folder icon   03-14-2003, 10:39 AM
Post #17
Arctic_Sniper

Night Elf Ranger

Quote:
Originally posted by Mason209
Yes yes, mass murdering is good for the soul...that and sex.

Which raises another question, will you be able to have sex in WoW.

Would you actually want to? I mean think about it, this is an MMORPG. That means that 6 out of 10 times that hot elven chick is actually a 30 year old man named Phil who lives in his parents basement...

folder icon   03-14-2003, 11:59 AM
Post #18
Mason209

Jackass

Quote:
Originally posted by Arctic_Sniper
Would you actually want to? I mean think about it, this is an MMORPG. That means that 6 out of 10 times that hot elven chick is actually a 30 year old man named Phil who lives in his parents basement...

Yes, but there's the onther 4 times.

folder icon   03-14-2003, 10:31 PM
Post #19
Bryndon

Chaos Blademaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Mason209
Yes, but there's the onther 4 times.
no, most of the other 4 are me, a teen kid who plays Elven girls coz they look sweet. About one in ten will be actual girls (if you're lucky) and only one in a hundred will actually look as good as the hot elven chick

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-14-2003, 10:59 PM
Post #20
Mason209

Jackass

Quote:
Originally posted by Bryndon
no, most of the other 4 are me, a teen kid who plays Elven girls coz they look sweet. About one in ten will be actual girls (if you're lucky) and only one in a hundred will actually look as good as the hot elven chick

Better than nothing aye?

folder icon   03-15-2003, 07:04 AM
Post #21
~Crusader~

Ranger

Mailpouch on Burning Legion

Well i mean hell...even if you could have sex, just do it with an NPC just to be safe...

Uhh well of course if you actually convince the NPC to do it in the first place would be pretty tough. Although NWN may try to copyright they prostitute thingy...

folder icon   03-15-2003, 12:35 PM
Post #22
XxHANZO

Official Forum Ninja

Zapthrottle on Turalyon

Never winter Nights can come no where NEAR copywriting prostitues in RPGs, I beleive that Fallout has that disticntion =) Good ol New Reno where you can become a fluffer. Good ol Klamath where you can frequent Big nose Sally's bath house, The Den with its crack whores, all kindsa good stuff =)Baldur's gate also had whores, but you couldn't interact with them. Arcanum ALSO has whores. Black Isle Studios likes the whores eh

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-15-2003, 03:26 PM
Post #23
Arctic_Sniper

Night Elf Ranger

Quote:
Originally posted by XxHANZO
Never winter Nights can come no where NEAR copywriting prostitues in RPGs, I beleive that Fallout has that disticntion =) Good ol New Reno where you can become a fluffer. Good ol Klamath where you can frequent Big nose Sally's bath house, The Den with its crack whores, all kindsa good stuff =)Baldur's gate also had whores, but you couldn't interact with them. Arcanum ALSO has whores. Black Isle Studios likes the whores eh

Hell arcanum had the half-orc dominatrix.

Lets not forget Planescape: Torment where you could go to your journal in the npc category and get an upclose view of the whores.

folder icon   03-15-2003, 06:01 PM
Post #24
XxHANZO

Official Forum Ninja

Zapthrottle on Turalyon

never played Never Winter Nights...

Any who about the topic- The guild safe house would have a private are for guild members, thats where you keep the good shit. The public area would have a few healing potions, a bed, some form of a shop (for more expencive items, armors and weapons) The public area qould NOT be all that great, and there will probably be someone around the area often, so trashing the place really isnt a good idea (as you get free items and good shops in the middle of nowhere) this is a public service that MANY fantacy worlds offer- The waynyahin (SP) of the Land stock waymeets with fresh bedding and so such, and the folks of Mount Doom of the Battle Circle world stock hostiles for the primitives (to spread culture and decent weapons)

folder icon   03-15-2003, 10:48 PM
Post #25
The Slayer

Tauren Chieftain

hah, i killed the whore in Neverwinter nights after she wouldnt have sex with me because i was a half-orc Barbarian oh well... SHE MAKE ME MAD!!!!! SO I CLEAVE HER INTO BLOODY MESS!!!! RAAAAAAAH BERSERKER RAGE!!!!

-Chieftan
folder icon   03-16-2003, 07:07 AM
Post #26
Mason209

Jackass

Quote:
Originally posted by The Slayer
hah, i killed the whore in Neverwinter nights after she wouldnt have sex with me because i was a half-orc Barbarian oh well... SHE MAKE ME MAD!!!!! SO I CLEAVE HER INTO BLOODY MESS!!!! RAAAAAAAH BERSERKER RAGE!!!!

Aw your so cute and cuddly, just want to pick you up a hug you yes I do.

Return to Top  

newthread reply WDP Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: