ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > World Of WarCraft Discussion > Madness's First Rag Kill!
Search this Thread:

newthread reply World Of WarCraft Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Madness's First Rag Kill!  
folder icon   06-30-2006, 01:29 AM
Madness's First Rag Kill! Post #1
captainaop

Priest

Warrick on Nathrezim

WOOOOOT! My guild, madness, downed rag for the first time last night!

www.madnessguild.com

The pic is on the main page, lol, I'm Warrick, the farthest to the left undead priest, very left , my name got cut off a bit,

And now for the FOURTH (that's right 4th) week IN A ROW, not ONE piece of prophecy drops for us, rag didn't drop transendence either... and in fact the whole MC raid up to rag, the only item I could even use was seal of the archmagus... I'm pretty pissed about that. But happy about downing rag!

Another pointless post by captainaop

My four highest lvl WoW char's...
1 - Warrick - lvl 62 undead priest, Nathrezim
2 - Jinzil - lvl 47 troll rogue, Nathrezim
3 - Sormflaith - lvl 40 tauren shaman, Nathrezim
4 - Wirack - lvl 36 undead mage, Nathrezim
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   06-30-2006, 12:07 PM
Post #2
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Strawberry on the Shortcake

awesome, good for you guys my guild has downed rag several times, but never when im there

dont feel too bad about no gear for you dropping. all that means is that you build up more dkp (assuming you guys use dkp)

folder icon   06-30-2006, 03:43 PM
Post #3
captainaop

Priest

Warrick on Nathrezim

yea, we use dkp, so far I've bought the circlet and girdle of prophecy, and the staff of dominance (benediction hasn't dropped once for us yet, plus my play style is pvp holy, benediction is kinda crappy for that, and I didn't want to roll against the other priests when we do get a benediction), I've spent 205 dkp, and have 209 dkp right now. I have spent twice as much dkp as most of our priests. Most of our priests' dkp is collecting dust, and alot of them are getting over 600 dkp now. About half of our priests haven't even spent any dkp.

Priests are getting screwed in my guild. >.<

EDIT - on top of that...
We are now disenchanting mage and druid gear.
Almost every hunter has the epic hunter staff/bow.
We have 2 druids in almost full 8/8 cenarion (of the 4 or so in the guild).
Alot of our hunters have almost 8/8 giantstalker, and at least 3 hunters got the dragonstalker helm.
Alot of our mages have almost 8/8 arcanist, once we had 6 arcanist drop in one run, one mage got 3 pieces in one run.
I think we have 2 warriors in 8/8 might.
We get at least 2 rogue drops per MC raid, but we have too many rogues so they dont all have it.
And we've gotten Thunderstrike off of sulf every time so far, I think we've given it away for no dkp once before because we have so many, and it's a gay polearm.
And I could go on...
As for priests...
We have 1 priest with the transcendence helm...
We have 0 priests with the 3 piece set bonus of prophecy...

Last edited by captainaop on 06-30-2006 at 03:55 PM.
folder icon   07-06-2006, 12:37 AM
RAG DOWNED AGAIN Post #4
captainaop

Priest

Warrick on Nathrezim

Madness just downed Rag for the second time about 45 minutes ago... we 1 shotted him again!

This weeks MC we got the circlet and boots of prophecy, even though I didn't win either of them (I have the circlet allready anyways), I'm really glad we saw some prophecy finally...

My guild is finally realizing the power of the raid shadow priest! I'm starting to learn how to use a raid shadow spec priest to it's full potential, during our rag kill, I hit #1 on our dmg meters! lol, one of our warlocks said "wtf, warrick's #1 in dps! that's not right...", lol, all our dps warrior, rogues, hunters, mages, and warlocks all said I will never out dps them... and when the guild gave me the chance, I smoked them all! Now I'm going shadow for alot more of the bosses, haha.

Great MC run this past week!

EDIT - oh yea, I beat my old mind blast crit record three times tonight, haha, my current record is 1799 (please note, I'm not burst dmg pvp spec, I'm raid shadow spec, dps, able to go an entire boss fight without going oom spec, lol, so this crit probably isn't as high as some pvp priests you've seen, )

folder icon   07-06-2006, 01:08 AM
Post #5
Yuber8900

Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaop
Madness just downed Rag for the second time about 45 minutes ago... we 1 shotted him again!

This weeks MC we got the circlet and boots of prophecy, even though I didn't win either of them (I have the circlet allready anyways), I'm really glad we saw some prophecy finally...

My guild is finally realizing the power of the raid shadow priest! I'm starting to learn how to use a raid shadow spec priest to it's full potential, during our rag kill, I hit #1 on our dmg meters! lol, one of our warlocks said "wtf, warrick's #1 in dps! that's not right...", lol, all our dps warrior, rogues, hunters, mages, and warlocks all said I will never out dps them... and when the guild gave me the chance, I smoked them all! Now I'm going shadow for alot more of the bosses, haha.

Great MC run this past week!

EDIT - oh yea, I beat my old mind blast crit record three times tonight, haha, my current record is 1799 (please note, I'm not burst dmg pvp spec, I'm raid shadow spec, dps, able to go an entire boss fight without going oom spec, lol, so this crit probably isn't as high as some pvp priests you've seen, )

Holy shit, a Shadow Priest-ne! I thought they all died-ne!

folder icon   07-06-2006, 03:51 AM
Post #6
Gaggin

Arch Druid

Velentris on Shadowsong

I loved playing my shadow priest. The dmg they do is actually quite good for the mana spent, and improved vamp embrace is awesome. The healing capacity for that alone is fucking sweet. Plus shadow pvp is supercool.

folder icon   07-06-2006, 05:51 AM
Post #7
Ravenclaw2099

Abomination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuber8900
Holy shit, a Shadow Priest-ne! I thought they all died-ne!

Hm, I actually gave seen a few Shadowpriests on my current server (Darkspear). Of course that could all change once I transfer to another realm, likely an RPPVP.

Many Americans chose Bush for a second term. Most of them choose to call themselves Republicans. I choose to call them stupid. - True Neutral

When push comes to shove, knock the bitch out instead.

this world isn't run by the prince of darkness, it's run by his brother, the prince of stupidity
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   07-06-2006, 12:03 PM
Post #8
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

ive got a new char on Duskwood im playing since one of my RL friends plays there, hes a Shadow Priest(plan on doing PvP with him).

cap'naop, whats your exact spec, out of curiosity?

folder icon   07-06-2006, 12:36 PM
Post #9
Darkwolf

Overlord

Shadow Priests are awesome in Solo PvP, that's about it.

folder icon   07-06-2006, 05:12 PM
Post #10
captainaop

Priest

Warrick on Nathrezim

lol, most people probably think I'm the weirdest priest ever... before I went PvE/raid shadow spec, I was PvP holy spec, haha...

People that say certain specs are for one purpose only are kinda ignorant IMO, my guild is using my shadow spec very well in their raid.
On the panther boss in ZG the other day, we couldn't get her past 70% health, then I went shadow form, and we got her to 30%, I went holy one more time, and again we didn't get her past 70%, then I went shadow one more time, and we killed her. Vampiric Embrace is really helpful in keeping the dpsers alive and dps'ing, and they dont have to stop to bandage or anything either, plus I do a LOT of dps myself.
On golemagg, I'm allways being put in the rogues/dps warrior group to keep them alive, my VE heals them so they never have to stop to bandage, so not only is my dps in there, but all the rogues dps is in there 100% of the time.
On rag, I go shadow to start with, come out of shadowform when the sons come out, and go back into shadow when the sons are dead. Meanwhile, on all these fights, the 15% increased shadow dmg from shadow weaving is really helping out the warlocks.

I still am not lacking the healing department either, if I'm told to go straight healing, I manage to reach #3 on the healing meter most of the time (sometimes #2 even)...

As for my talents, this will probably drag on, as I like to explain why I chose each talent, and why I think they will help in raids. If you dont wanna read it... well... you dont have to...

Discipline
5/5 Unbreakable Will - I had a hard time choosing between this and wands for dps when I run OOM, I chose this anyways...
4/5 Silent Resolve - To help reduce the insane aggro shadow priests do.
2/2 Imp. Fortitude - So I'm not lacking on the buffs, all our priests in the guild have this, so if I didn't my buffs would seem inferior.
1/1 Inner Focus - Just because it's such a great skill, when in dps mode I often stack up 5 shadow weavings via dots/mind flay, pop my draconic emblem and inner focus, mind blast and fade, critting for over 1500 almost all the time. Then I continue to dot/mind flay till my emblem is up again.
3/3 Meditation - 15% mana regen during casting really helps out on the long boss fights.

Holy
2/2 Healing Focus - Simply because it's a good all-around talent.

Shadow
5/5 Spirit Tap - I chose this over blackout because it's useful for farming, and blackout has no use whatsoever in raids because most mobs are immune anyways.
3/3 Shadow Affinity - Simply to further reduce the insane aggro most shadow priest produce.
2/2 Imp. SWain - More dps, really useful on ony in particular.
3/5 Shadow Focus - Less resists, all around usefulness.
2/2 Imp. Psychic Scream - This is really useful when fearing is needed, like the panther, or the sons during rag, if we chose to use fear strategies.
1/1 Mind Flay - Dps
3/3 Shadow Reach - All around usefulness, it's really useful during mobs with aoe attacks as well, Molten Destroyers, Barron Geddon, Rag, etc.
5/5 Shadow Weaving - One of the main talents I was going for, this is REALLY helpful to me, and all of our warlocks, this talent alone extremely increases the whole raids dps.
1/1 Silence - Not really helpful in raids, but it's a great skill, so I got it.
1/1 Vampiric Embrace - With all the damage I do, this skill really helps to keep the other dpsers alive.
2/2 Imp. Vampiric Embrace - Further healing for the other dpsers.
5/5 Darkness - more dps.
1/1 Shadowform - More dps, also every once in a blue moon I find myself using it in the same way druids use bear form when healing.

I didn't get Imp. Mind blast, because if I used that skill as often as I could even without the reduced cooldown, I would over-aggro. I didn't get Imp. Fade either, because I dont have to fade that often (our tanks own).

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bxT0sZbZxGGzctRt

That's my current spec. So far it's been working very well for me. The only things I really miss about holy/disc is imp. renew (my renew is crap compared to the other priests), divine fury (for faster casting on greater heal), and mental agility (mostly for when I need to dispel, it really helped me not go OOM)... but, I honestly believe that having one shadow priest in the guild is really doing alot of good, so for now... I'm sticking with shadow.

Last edited by captainaop on 07-06-2006 at 05:19 PM.
folder icon   07-07-2006, 02:27 AM
Post #11
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

im levelling an undead shadow priest for PvP, thinking of doing something like this for my talents. any thoughts on that build for PvP?

i like the fact that your guild doesnt typecast people into one set role/build by class. your Shadow raiding build looks pretty good... were i to do it, i might take out the 2/2 healing focus and max out silent resolve and put another point into shadow focus. youre not supposed to be taking damage in a raid anyway, so you shouldnt need to worry bout healing spells being interrupted by damage but thats just my thought.

folder icon   07-07-2006, 02:51 AM
Post #12
Darkwolf

Overlord

Be bitter all you like, but Shadow Priests are pretty much a luxury and an Alliance only luxury at that.

Considering you are horde, you will find yourself in a LOT of mana trouble during longer fights, and the majority of time VE is useless because people need to be topped off ASAP not healed slowly to full. Trust me as a Horde raider with experience in deep in the game (every pre-Naxx encounter, 9 bosses in Naxx) I can tell you that Disc/Holy priests are a lot better in both PvE and PvP in terms of grouping.

folder icon   07-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Post #13
captainaop

Priest

Warrick on Nathrezim

If you're going straight PvP, spirit tap is kinda pointless IMO, if it were me I'd get imp sw: pain and a few points in shadow focus instead, but I guess it's more of a matter of preference...
Yea... I knew healing focus wouldn't be used much in a raid, I had a really hard time deciding if I should put them there or not, I considered using those points for imp renew as well, my renew sucks in comparison to our holy priests... maybe I should respec again, haha.
We have alot of great holy/disc priests in the guild allready, I probably wouldn't go shadow if it weren't for that. The guild officers were really interested in seeing how a shadow priest would work out in a raid, for about two weeks now I've been a major topic of the whole guild. I think we've all agreed having a shadow priest is very beneficial to the raid, I also think we've all agreed that having a second one would be overkill.

EDIT - also I thought I'd mention, as shadow I'm alot better of a farmer, so I can farm mats for our raids alot faster and easier. I farm fast enough now that I can just make/buy a fair amount of extra mana pots/dreamless sleep pots to more than make up for my mana situations.

Last edited by captainaop on 07-07-2006 at 08:41 PM.
folder icon   07-08-2006, 02:06 AM
Post #14
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

yeah, i pretty much have spirit tap solely for levelling(and i must say, it kicks ass for that--hit 14 last night so now its 100%). once i hit 60 ill probably spec out of it.

folder icon   07-20-2006, 02:19 AM
Post #15
captainaop

Priest

Warrick on Nathrezim

Madness officially has MC on farm mode, we are one shotting rag every week now, and almost have the whole thing down to being done in one night.

We have every boss in AQ20 practically on farm mode cept Ossirian.

We have every boss in ZG cept Jindo on farm mode. Once my guild had a "Race to Hakkar", we picked teams and had 2 ZG instances going, my team owned the other one, lol, they didn't even kill hakkar till the next day.

And on tuesday, we downed razorgore! Woot!

And now I have 4/8 prophecy! YAY!

This guild is progressing very, very well.

folder icon   07-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Post #16
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

sounds like youre about where my guild is now. you guys tried AQ20 yet?

folder icon   07-20-2006, 10:53 PM
Post #17
captainaop

Priest

Warrick on Nathrezim

Quote:

lol, in other words... yes.

We just downed rag again... and as usual, no priest loot. I'm hearing Malistars defnder over vent and it went for 275 dkp. wow...

folder icon   07-20-2006, 11:45 PM
Post #18
Dark Jester

Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwolf
Shadow Priests are awesome in Solo PvP, that's about it.

What Darkwolf is indirectly implying is, "If a shadow priest is #1 on the DPS charts, then his guild sucks."

Demon Soul has been out for 2 months, my guild is currently on Rag. An entire guild who rerolled on Demon Soul from another server is currently on Nef.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   07-20-2006, 11:48 PM
Post #19
Dark Jester

Overlord

Quote:
Madness officially has MC on farm mode, we are one shotting rag every week now, and almost have the whole thing down to being done in one night.

We have every boss in ZG cept Jindo on farm mode. Once my guild had a "Race to Hakkar", we picked teams and had 2 ZG instances going, my team owned the other one, lol, they didn't even kill hakkar till the next day.

And on tuesday, we downed razorgore! Woot!

And now I have 4/8 prophecy! YAY!

This guild is progressing very, very well.

Double post anyone?

How can you not kill Jindo? My guild cleared up to Thekal and called it. 3 days later we came back and did a full clear. Bring in more melee DPS and get locks and hunters who can mana drain. If you can down Thekal, ZG should be on Farm.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   07-21-2006, 12:19 AM
Post #20
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

my guild has serious trouble with Jin'do too, though weve got Hakkar on farm. Hakkar took us longer to kill than Rag or Ony though, lol. part of the problem is a lot of our guild hates ZG.

folder icon   07-21-2006, 11:39 PM
Post #21
captainaop

Priest

Warrick on Nathrezim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Jester
What Darkwolf is indirectly implying is, "If a shadow priest is #1 on the DPS charts, then his guild sucks."

Whats so bad about a shadow priest being #1 on the dps charts? And if it makes you feel any better, haha, back then I had better gear than most of the guild (I was in just about the best blue gear possible before I started raiding). With MC on complete farm mode now, alot of our dpsers are getting better gear, and I'm no longer 1st, , I'm still in the top 5 though!
Quote:
Demon Soul has been out for 2 months, my guild is currently on Rag. An entire guild who rerolled on Demon Soul from another server is currently on Nef.

When my guild first started, most people in the guild didn't have a single epic when they joined, a few had only a couple blues even. 2 or 3 months later, we have MC on farm. Probably one of the fastest growing guilds I've seen. AQ20 took us less than 2 weeks to get on farm mode (except for ossirian of course)
Quote:
Double post anyone?

How can you not kill Jindo? My guild cleared up to Thekal and called it. 3 days later we came back and did a full clear. Bring in more melee DPS and get locks and hunters who can mana drain. If you can down Thekal, ZG should be on Farm.

That's a good question... I guess we just never do Jindo, the officers want to, but I guess most of us have just had too many bad experiences with him... :/

lol, I over-use the edit button.

Last edited by captainaop on 07-21-2006 at 11:49 PM.
folder icon   07-22-2006, 11:06 AM
Post #22
Darkwolf

Overlord

Bad experiences with Jin'do? He's so fucking easy if people pay attention and kill totems fast. Also he doesn't melee for shit, so it's really not that hard.

folder icon   07-24-2006, 06:47 AM
Post #23
Dark Jester

Overlord

Quote:
Bad experiences with Jin'do? He's so fucking easy if people pay attention and kill totems fast. Also he doesn't melee for shit, so it's really not that hard.

1. Kill Shades. DoTs work well, just don't use AE.
2. Kill healing totem
3. Kill MC Totem
4. Kill Jin'do

Order of Priority

Have a mage AE the skeletons when someone is Teleported in. Keep his mana below 120, I.E. keep Wyv sting on him. Melee kills totem, ranged and magic casters focus solely on Jindo. Whoever is cursed HAS to kill Shades, even priests should SWP every single shade they can.

Jindo is easy.

folder icon   07-24-2006, 11:07 AM
Post #24
Darkwolf

Overlord

I've never understood the mana drain tactic. Why bother? Just let him cast his shit, draining mana is just a waste of time and your own mana. I'm exalted in the dumb place and not once have we drained his mana to kill him.

folder icon   07-25-2006, 05:35 PM
Post #25
Dark Jester

Overlord

Quote:
I've never understood the mana drain tactic. Why bother? Just let him cast his shit, draining mana is just a waste of time and your own mana. I'm exalted in the dumb place and not once have we drained his mana to kill him.

We have done it both ways. We've full cleared ZG 5 times and full cleared MC sans Rag twice. Our gear isn't exceptional enough that we can completely ignore his healing totems. We find that by sticking 2 locks (All of our locks but one is completely horrible) on mana drain and have 1 hunter viper sting, we can completely stop him from dropping healing totems. Gives our melee more time to hit Jindo. Works either way, just one requries melee to instantly kill the totem or let Jindo get 3% of his health back. We just play it the safe way for now.

Return to Top  

newthread reply World Of WarCraft Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: