ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > World Of WarCraft Discussion > THROW MORE DOTS ok no more dots
Search this Thread:

newthread reply World Of WarCraft Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

THROW MORE DOTS ok no more dots  
folder icon   08-16-2006, 09:00 AM
THROW MORE DOTS ok no more dots Post #1
Funderbunk

Farseer

http://www.kontraband.com/show/show.asp?ID=3713

What the fuck does that even mean!?

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   08-16-2006, 01:07 PM
Post #2
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Strawberry on the Shortcake

which part? it all makes perfect sense to me.

folder icon   08-18-2006, 05:30 PM
Post #3
Funderbunk

Farseer

"You go to the middle. You go to the middle. You go to the middle. DON'T STAND NEXT TO OTHER PEOPLE."

I meant the dots, but nevermind, I figured it out. I didn't make the connection between dot and DoT as the abbreviation for 'Damage Over Time'...

Who the FUCK uses abbreviations in daily speech?

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   08-18-2006, 06:33 PM
Post #4
Silencer-7

The People's Champion

Valkor on Whisperwind

dot is a common and accepted part of mmorpg terminology. Also, when you are in the middle of a fight, it's much quicker to say "dot" than "damage over time".

4000 posts means i gotta do 4000 chicks... yes, thats the advantage of a high post count! - dimitri

Well i banned suckmyballs today, although he has an enticing name i just had to ban him. - Ultrapunk

Your punctuation, especially the quadruple comma,,,, fascinates me. - TheMadMac
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   08-19-2006, 12:11 AM
Post #5
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Strawberry on the Shortcake

do you say world of warcraft every time you bring the game up, or do you say 'WoW'? who the fuck DOESNT use acronyms/abbreviations in daily speech?

folder icon   08-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Post #6
Funderbunk

Farseer

I don't. How hard is it to say two more words? Besides, the only people who play WoW I know and would know what the hell I'm talking about are fat and smell like human waste, so I don't really talk about 'WoW' anyway.

I think people sound like complete tools when they use abbreviations in daily speech. Don't you guys want to punch everyone who says 'lol'? In dutch, lol is an actual word, but I still want to kick people in the nuts.

folder icon   08-20-2006, 05:42 AM
Post #7
Silencer-7

The People's Champion

Valkor on Whisperwind

I'd hardly call a ventrilo (which is used for communication in games) conversation during a boss fight (in said game) everyday speech.

Like it or not, abbreviations are used by anyone and everyone in every day speech. Do you always say the United States of America? No, you (or the majority of people) say U.S. or perhaps U.S.A. Or perhaps the abbreviated names of countless organizations and companies, for instance NAACP and NRA and EA Games are more often pronounced in their abbreviated forms than not. Or perhaps degrees, like Ph.D and M.D., also rarely said in full form. Lots of things have been abbreviated for so long people don't even realize that they are, like T.V.

It bugs ,e when people use internet-speak in everyday language; then again, it bothers me when people use internet-speak on the internet. However, abbreviating a game's terminology in speech, especially in a conversation directly regarding the game, is pretty unremarkable.

4000 posts means i gotta do 4000 chicks... yes, thats the advantage of a high post count! - dimitri

Well i banned suckmyballs today, although he has an enticing name i just had to ban him. - Ultrapunk

Your punctuation, especially the quadruple comma,,,, fascinates me. - TheMadMac
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   08-20-2006, 06:43 AM
Post #8
Funderbunk

Farseer

Eh. I guess internet-talk is just one of my big pet peeves.

ANYWAY FUNNY VIDEO. IF THAT WAS MY RAID LEADER I WOULD QUIT THE GUILD.

Return to Top  

newthread reply World Of WarCraft Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: