ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > World Of WarCraft Discussion > the priest thread
Search this Thread:

newthread reply World Of WarCraft Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

the priest thread  
folder icon   09-27-2006, 08:10 PM
the priest thread Post #1
Urin_BloodfaceII

Demi-God

it had to come ... any good priests here ? Got a new build I need a comment to.

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/b...000000000000000

get alot of mana regen which i have found very usefull as a healer , less down time and is brilliant in instance , though my priet is only lvl 53 atm.

Last edited by Urin_BloodfaceII on 09-29-2006 at 10:45 AM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-01-2006, 02:26 AM
Post #2
Gaggin

Arch Druid

Velentris on Shadowsong

I assume you're going for a healing build?

Get rid of spirit tap. Since you'll be healing you probably won't be killing much. Instead I'd invest the points in holy spec.

Better yet, get rid of inspiration AND spirit tap and go for spirit buff. Not only is inspiration kinda useless, but mental agility and the extra spirit will make you extra efficient.

While we're on the subject, I was thinking of respeccing from shadow to healing. What do ya'll think of this?

I figured this would allow me to heal well but still give me some damage to throw around for BGs.

And why does anyone use lightwell? As far as I can tell, it's freaken useless.

folder icon   10-01-2006, 08:10 AM
Post #3
deathofspam

Arch Druid

Well, this is my current build, used for high mana efficiency. It is slightly low on dps, but as I can still solo a 58 elite with minimal mana usage, I really don't mind.

I largely suggest against Spirit of Redemption because, well, it requires you to die. Silient resolve is nearly required for a good priest to reduce your total threat rating. Myself, I would pull the points out of spirit tap, spirit of redemption, and Imp PoH, and plug those into 5 pts in silent resolve, 4 in mental agility, and 1 in divine spirit for a more even addition of spirit to benefit your spiritual guidance.

"What makes a person so poisonous righteous, that they think less of anyone who dares disagree?"
-Moxy Fr?vous
DarkJesterZero1: your on my "Would have sex with list"
She wants a donkey punch, trust me. - Darkwolf
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-30-2006, 03:22 AM
Post #4
Ignathius

Gyrocopter

So, let's see. I'm in need of a good, reliable, updated and organized spell list for the priest (and, well, every other class if possible). Does anyone know where could I find it? I've had no luck searching, so maybe they're hidden... or I'm out of luck.

PS: Hum... hi and all that

folder icon   10-30-2006, 02:07 PM
Post #5
deathofspam

Arch Druid

Iggy, holy crap. How goes? Do you need a BC spell list, or a Live spell list?

"What makes a person so poisonous righteous, that they think less of anyone who dares disagree?"
-Moxy Fr?vous
DarkJesterZero1: your on my "Would have sex with list"
She wants a donkey punch, trust me. - Darkwolf
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-31-2006, 08:16 AM
Post #6
Dark Jester

Overlord

Lightwell is useful for specific encounters such as razorgore and 4 horsemen.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-31-2006, 08:20 AM
Post #7
Ignathius

Gyrocopter

Ah, hello! It's been a long time! I keep surviving, I don't know why but I do Now I don't remember if you were super-moderator the last time I was here

I'd like to find a spell list with the latest in-game info (or as near as possible). A friend of mine lured me into WoW and now I'm suffering from my obsessive data-mongering mystical illness, so since I want to make a priest, I want to know what and how can I do priestly things (and what can other classes do to me) >_<

The info I've come across is either outdated, incomplete or a bunch of little messes.

folder icon   10-31-2006, 09:52 AM
Post #8
~Crusader~

Ranger

Mailpouch on Burning Legion

http://www.thottbot.com/?c=Priest

All the current in game spells. For spells upcoming in BC, well we've got the samples from Blizzard, but its not the whole list. (NOTE: pending on your race you wont see all those spells, eg Hex of Weakness=Troll priest only)

What you can do as a priest is completely up to you really. I've partied with incredible priests who do a wonderful job of healing, conserving mana, and keeping their aggro down. I've played with shadow priests who while put out great damage, know in a group when its time to be in shadow form or not.

I've also played with the shadow priest who is only concentrated on damage, and isn't sure what vampiric embrace is. Or also the priest who throws out only greater heals and wonder's why he has aggro and is out of mana.

It is entirely up to you to be a good priest! Anyway what all classes can do to you, well I play a warrior and if you're holy/discipline or whatever, I can usually kill you pretty easily with Mortal Strike (reduces healing efficency by 50%) and a well timed pummel (interrupts casting and silences you in that school of spell, eg. holy). But if you go shadow priest, I can get really lucky and maybe beat you, or you can do what they all do: Mindflay, mindblast blah blah blah. You're close to invincible to me in shadow form, *almost* invincible.

As a levelling tool, go shadow, makes easy grinding, can kill things and never have to sit down for mana. If you plan to pvp, shadow again is the best choice, unless you are running around with a group who wants heals (and if you're Alliance, thats why they made paladins!). If you are raiding, the popular builds of holy/disc mix are usually the best to go with.

I currently have a lvl 40 shadow priest, a ton of fun to play, but meh warrior is my class.

I hope this information has helped you in the least, if not, oh well I needed to waste time before class anyway.

Return to Top  

newthread reply World Of WarCraft Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: