ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > World Of WarCraft Discussion > Macro/PvP change
Search this Thread:

newthread reply World Of WarCraft Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Macro/PvP change  
folder icon   11-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Macro/PvP change Post #1
Dark Jester

Overlord

Macros will not be able to cast spells or abilities.

Grand Marshal/High Warlord gear is being relatively nerfed at 70.

Arena competition.

Discuss.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-04-2006, 09:03 PM
Post #2
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Strawberry on the Shortcake

Macros will not be able to cast spells or abilities?

...what the hell is the point of macros then? and where did you hear this, anyway?

folder icon   11-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Post #3
Dark Jester

Overlord

Macro discussion forum. A blue posted something along the lines of "Macros have become a tool which we never intended them to become, as such we are are limiting their uses. They will be unable to cast spells or abilities."

It makes sense, they are banning addons like Decursive. Pretty much macros will be useful only for advertisements, gestures, etc. Blizzard is trying to make classes more difficult to play I think, alot of what needs to be done in PvE is done by programs, not players. It's an indirect nerf to warriors PvP. I don't mind losing macros in PvE since it would only make it harder, but in PvP it's almost impossible to perform well without stance switching macros.

---Edit---

Just to clarify, AddOns and macros will still be able to cast spells (with user interaction of course), they just won't be able to use logic to intelligently pick spells or targets.

Full nitty gritty details available in the upcoming changes thread:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/t...=15401595&sid=1
Note that this thread is not a general discussion thread and is moderated!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess they changed their minds, will just be banning the above.

Last edited by Dark Jester on 11-04-2006 at 11:01 PM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-05-2006, 02:16 AM
Post #4
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

so long as i can still make a macro to cast a given spell and have a /say associated with it, im happy.

folder icon   11-05-2006, 11:19 AM
Post #5
~Crusader~

Ranger

Mailpouch on Burning Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Jester

It makes sense, they are banning addons like Decursive. Pretty much macros will be useful only for advertisements, gestures, etc. Blizzard is trying to make classes more difficult to play I think, alot of what needs to be done in PvE is done by programs, not players. It's an indirect nerf to warriors PvP. I don't mind losing macros in PvE since it would only make it harder, but in PvP it's almost impossible to perform well without stance switching macros.

Some of us don't use the macro and do just fine in pvp.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Post #6
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

ive never understood why warriors need stance switching macros.

folder icon   11-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Post #7
Dark Jester

Overlord

You would perform better with the macros Crusader.

Planet, specific abilities are tied to specific stances. Effectively was macro'ing a stance swap to an ability does is allow you to click a button and then swap you to the according stance. Instead of having to worry about what stance I'm in, I press CTRL+3 and I will pummel, If I'm not in Berserker stance it will switch me to Berserker stance. Then I have press CTRL+3 again and it casts pummel. It cuts down on the time to switch a little bit which is important because warrior's can't waste rage in PvP.

folder icon   11-06-2006, 11:54 PM
Post #8
Gaggin

Arch Druid

Velentris on Shadowsong

Such macros are for players who suck. Blizz is right in doing this, some of the macros take away from the experience of playing the game. Where's the skill in using a macro that thinks for you when you should be using your own reflexes. I never use them, I've played my warrior long enough to know what abilities to use when. 60 levels is a long fucking time to be playing one character, and if you can't get along without uber macros by the time you're 60, you're really short-changing yourself. As it is I've done quite wellin pvp with all my characters(warrior, priest, rogue, hunter) without the need for shortcuts.

DJ, what's the fun in that? Part of being a warrior is worrying about what stance you're in. You say it's impossible to do warrior pvp without stance-switching macros, but that's only because you're not practiced in it. Try challenging yourself a bit.

folder icon   11-07-2006, 04:22 AM
Post #9
Dark Jester

Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaggin
Such macros are for players who suck. Blizz is right in doing this, some of the macros take away from the experience of playing the game. Where's the skill in using a macro that thinks for you when you should be using your own reflexes. I never use them, I've played my warrior long enough to know what abilities to use when. 60 levels is a long fucking time to be playing one character, and if you can't get along without uber macros by the time you're 60, you're really short-changing yourself. As it is I've done quite wellin pvp with all my characters(warrior, priest, rogue, hunter) without the need for shortcuts.

DJ, what's the fun in that? Part of being a warrior is worrying about what stance you're in. You say it's impossible to do warrior pvp without stance-switching macros, but that's only because you're not practiced in it. Try challenging yourself a bit.

You're..... so dumb. That's like saying I should win the olympics with my legs cut off. Can I PvP without macros? Yes. Do the Macros make it easier? Yes. When you're PvPing against the best players, you all use macros. It simply cuts down on player lag, nothing more or less. If you're trying to say I suck because I use macros, then you're a fucking retard.

folder icon   11-07-2006, 04:51 AM
Post #10
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

DJ, i understand that certain abilities require certain stances--if you want to hit, say, button 5 to pummel, then on non-berserker hotbars you can just set button 5 to switch to berserker and on the berserker hotbar you set button 5 to pummel, yes? granted this only works for the main hotbar but its still the same thing as far as i can see.

folder icon   11-07-2006, 06:39 AM
Post #11
~Crusader~

Ranger

Eh why use them though? Strange as it is I use the arrow keys and mouse click everything. Using a macro would just break the mode I get in when I pvp, never really have had trouble pummelling people in the first place, well because in PvP the majority of your time is spent in Berserker mode anyway.

Actually I do lots of things in WoW that limit me more than anything. Such as using the darkest gamma, no name tags, 0 mods, no macros. And you know, I have and still can beat pretty much any player and any class, well except for Shadow Priests, but you know, there's not much you can do about that.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Post #12
Dark Jester

Overlord

If it's 1v1, the odds of you beating anyone in a duel are almost non existant. That is if gear and skill are equivalent.

Meh, play your way, I'll play mine.

folder icon   11-09-2006, 08:02 AM
Post #13
Gaggin

Arch Druid

Velentris on Shadowsong

The best players can go ahead and use their macro, I'll still beat them without them. If you can't perform well without them, well, you might as well keep using them.

How do you have problems with shadow priests Crusader? All you have to do is charge/intercept and hit beserker rage with a hamstring in there. They die pretty quickly. Locks always give me a challenge, it's like fighting a mage that has fear and 5 times the hp.

folder icon   11-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Post #14
Massacre

Treant

Quote:
How do you have problems with shadow priests Crusader? All you have to do is charge/intercept and hit beserker rage with a hamstring in there. They die pretty quickly.

I lol'ed.

anyways, what DJ is talking about; macros vs. no macros is the equivilent of hotkeys vs. no hotkeys. simplification = win.

folder icon   11-09-2006, 08:03 PM
Post #15
Darkwolf

Overlord

Quote:
Such macros are for players who suck. Blizz is right in doing this, some of the macros take away from the experience of playing the game.
"I am very bad at this game."

If macros make winning easier, I will use them. If you don't, you don't like playing to win, you like losing.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-09-2006, 11:07 PM
Post #16
Dark Jester

Overlord

Quote:
How do you have problems with shadow priests Crusader? All you have to do is charge/intercept and hit beserker rage with a hamstring in there. They die pretty quickly. Locks always give me a challenge, it's like fighting a mage that has fear and 5 times the hp.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Please, download fraps, or I'll give you a free copy. I want you to Fraps a 1v1 against every single class where you're both equivalent in gear and skill.

Warriors lose duels, it's really just that simple. Our class is the ONLY class in the game that gets more and more powerful as the fight progresses. Warriors are way too reactive of a class in duels.

folder icon   11-10-2006, 08:06 AM
Post #17
~Crusader~

Ranger

Quote:

Shadow priests tank with Power Word: Shield, use vampiric embrace, mindlfay, mindblast etc. You don't even have to have good gear to get big numbers with mindblast. Trouble with warlocks? Warlocks are cake, unless they are using their felhunter, then they are pretty tough.

folder icon   11-11-2006, 01:17 AM
Post #18
Massacre

Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crusader~
Trouble with warlocks? Warlocks are cake, unless they are using their felhunter, then they are pretty tough.

I lol'ed again.

folder icon   11-11-2006, 07:54 AM
Post #19
McLeod

Arch Druid

Quote:
Shadow priests tank with Power Word: Shield, use vampiric embrace, mindlfay, mindblast etc. You don't even have to have good gear to get big numbers with mindblast. Trouble with warlocks? Warlocks are cake, unless they are using their felhunter, then they are pretty tough.

Warlocks use fellhunter against warriors? Must be some sort of beginner server...

Anyway, having reached r13 almost a year ago, I can safely say that its class>gear>skill in pvp, in that exact order. Warlock will destroy a mage even if mage has better gear/skill, for example. Gear becomes more important in relatively more blanced match-ups, like hunter vs paladin. Skill in WoW is basically knowing what to do against a given class. Since people who pvp a lot tend to know what they're doing, its almost a non-factor. Well, there are also lots of noobs ofc, but you shouldnt judge class match-ups based on noobs.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-11-2006, 11:39 AM
Post #20
~Crusader~

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLeod
Warlocks use fellhunter against warriors? Must be some sort of beginner server...

Original server, Warlocks who use succ, I don't consider to be warlocks, I just call them gimps. But really, warlocks are easy, even with the succ, INT shout ftw. The Felhunter abosorbing damage, allows them to have a longer time to get off another fear after the first is zerker raged out of.

folder icon   11-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Post #21
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Quote:
Posted by McLeod:
more blanced match-ups, like hunter vs paladin.
bwahahahahahahaha!! are you joking? only the best geared/skilled paladins are even a remote challenge for me.

folder icon   11-11-2006, 04:56 PM
Post #22
Massacre

Treant

Quote:
Original server, Warlocks who use succ, I don't consider to be warlocks, I just call them gimps.

You need better gear.

folder icon   11-12-2006, 03:41 AM
Post #23
McLeod

Arch Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planet_Buster
bwahahahahahahaha!! are you joking? only the best geared/skilled paladins are even a remote challenge for me.

I wont bother reactivating my US account and transfering my pally to your server just to kick your ass. 16 seconds out of 20 pvp specced paladin is immune to your slowing traps and snares. Cleanse costs less mana than stings. Plate negates most of your damage. If bubble is up, paladin has free second hp bar. A decent paladin should beat a hunter at least 50% of the time, if not more. Its a gear match-up, pallies you're facing just need to get better gear, or l2p.

Last edited by McLeod on 11-12-2006 at 04:15 AM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-12-2006, 10:49 AM
Post #24
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Quote:
Posted by McLeod:
pallies you're facing just need to get better gear, or l2p.
maybe so itd be nice to actually have to try to beat them for once.

folder icon   11-12-2006, 12:16 PM
Post #25
Dark Jester

Overlord

It's official, only 3 people who visit this forum actually know shit about WoW.

Edit:

Arena competition. I'm looking forward to it alot. I'm wondering how Blizzard will work out team composition balance.

folder icon   06-22-2009, 03:53 AM
Post #26
daisy123
Banned

I used to use a few mouseover macros for things like Counterspell and Ice Lance. Something along the linescat back of the below, which casts a CS on your mouseover target if you have one and it's hostile, or your regular target otherwise. Not everybody likes mouseover functions, though, so I don't know how helpful that would be to you.

/cast [target=mouseover, harm, exists]Counterspell; Counterspell

The one you really do need is:

/cast [nopet] Summon Water Elemental; Freeze

If you have a pet out, it will use its nova. chicago party busOtherwise, you'll summon your pet. It just condenses space and makes your nova instantly accessible - if you have no pet, two keypresses will get you straight to the nova targeting stage.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
Return to Top  

newthread reply World Of WarCraft Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: