ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > World Of WarCraft Discussion > WOTLK Preview
Search this Thread:

newthread reply World Of WarCraft Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

WOTLK Preview  
folder icon   05-11-2008, 07:09 PM
WOTLK Preview Post #1
~Crusader~

Ranger

Mailpouch on Burning Legion

Blizzard finally released some meat on WOTLK. New HD trailer going around a lot of the zones and a whole bunch of info on DKs and instances.

Preview Trailer: Check it out, looks fantastic in HD! The environment detail really looks cool, plus vehicle combat!
http://vimeo.com/998323

Summary of announcements is in the first post:
http://www.worldofraids.com/

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-12-2008, 06:25 AM
Post #2
Urin_BloodfaceII

Demi-God

Damn it, Im getting abstinences now! Shaking hands , using the talent calculator alot etc.

got a 70 priest and Lock. Got a 50 dr00d and pally.

folder icon   05-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Post #3
~Crusader~

Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urin_BloodfaceII
Damn it, Im getting abstinences now! Shaking hands , using the talent calculator alot etc.

got a 70 priest and Lock. Got a 50 dr00d and pally.

Haha yeah, I'm getting really pumped up for it. It's pretty cool that the requirement to make a DK is to have 1 level 55 character or higher.

Getting married in July, so I'm not sure of if I'll be able to get this right away which is a bummer. But, it looks like it is going to be an awesome expansion (much better than BC atleast ).

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Post #4
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Strawberry on the Shortcake

Quote:
Posted by ~Crusader~:
Haha yeah, I'm getting really pumped up for it. It's pretty cool that the requirement to make a DK is to have 1 level 55 character or higher.
youre shitting me. thats it? no quest chain? you just have to have a character of level 55 or higher somewhere?

DAMMIT! just when i thought id gotten away from WoW, they keep pulling me back in! and the DK abilities sound so cool!!

edit: yeah, just read the Gamespy preview on the Death Knight. WotLK is definitely a must-buy for me now. oh well. theres goes that $15 a month again...

folder icon   05-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Post #5
~Crusader~

Ranger

Yeah Blizzard decided to open up the content to more people. Honestly, it makes sense. It doesn't limit the class nearly as much, and from what I've read, the starting area for the DK should be really rich in lore. Besides, breaking out of a Necropolis sounds awesome!

folder icon   05-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Post #6
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

yeah, the main thing holding me back was that id have to level a character all the way up to 80... then do a long quest chain... then level a DK up to 80 from 55... considering i got bored and quit the game before i could even get a character from 1-70, i wasnt looking forward to that. this new change removes all of that and lets me do what i wanted to do right from the start, when i first heard about DKs: just make one right off the bat, and at level 55 no less. i cant say no to that

folder icon   05-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Post #7
Dark Jester

Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planet_Buster
yeah, the main thing holding me back was that id have to level a character all the way up to 80... then do a long quest chain... then level a DK up to 80 from 55... considering i got bored and quit the game before i could even get a character from 1-70, i wasnt looking forward to that. this new change removes all of that and lets me do what i wanted to do right from the start, when i first heard about DKs: just make one right off the bat, and at level 55 no less. i cant say no to that

Yeah it'll be cool to have every scrub in the game rolling the same class with you won't it? God damn WoW gets worse with every passing moment.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Post #8
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

yes, undoubtedly there are going to be a lot of DKs at release, just like there were lots of BEs and Draenei on the release of BC, but the numbers will return to a more normal percentage as time goes on. im really not worried about it. i doubt itll be worse than Dun Morogh or Durotar on the launch day of a popular new server... probably not even that bad as im sure lots of other people on the server will want to start levelling to 80 right away.

Return to Top  

newthread reply World Of WarCraft Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: