ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > World Of WarCraft Discussion > Pulling
Search this Thread:

newthread reply World Of WarCraft Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Pulling  
folder icon   11-19-2004, 07:02 PM
Pulling Post #1
Roof Shingles

Gargoyle

I'm one of those few peeps that didnt get to play WoW. I missed that open beta... oh well...

Anyways, I just don't understand how pulling works with PvP. I understand how it works against computer monsters, but against human players I do not understand.

If I'm an Orc Warrior, and I want to kill an enemy priest, how can another enemy warrior get my attention. I know the enemy warrior has abilities (like Taunt) to get computer monster's attention, but what is stopping me from attacking a Priest if an enemy warrior tries to pull me? Is the priest unselectable as a target?

Hope that question makes sense. I understand why pulling is important against the computer, but I just don't understand what is stopping a human player from ignoring the "puller".

Thanks guys!

folder icon   11-19-2004, 08:13 PM
Post #2
McLeod

Arch Druid

Lets say I am dueling your warrior with my druid. I will stand just in range for my moonfire to work and hit you with it over and over again. Now you can choose to ignore me, but my moonfire will kill you at some point. So, if you choose to attack me, you'll have to get nearer, thus - I'm pulling you.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-19-2004, 09:41 PM
Post #3
Zaknafien

Overlord

Hamstring.(makes the enemy move slower) Now the enemy warrior has to kill you before he can get to the priest.

My currant best replay.
This one as of 10/20
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-19-2004, 11:13 PM
Post #4
Roof Shingles

Gargoyle

Uh... k...

So I guess an ability like Taunt does not work against human players?

Also, a warrior can always target a priest (or try to attack it), it is just hard to get close enough, is that right?

folder icon   11-19-2004, 11:24 PM
Post #5
Roof Shingles

Gargoyle

What about spells like Brainwash, Mind Soothe, and Psychic Scream (if you forgot what these spells are see below)? Do they work against human players?

Brainwash - Removes an amount of threat for all enemies of the target. This spell is useful to make a monster stop attacking someone (for example, you or a weak caster) and transfer its hate (threat) to another target, such as a tank.

Mind Soothe - Calms the target, reducing the range at which it will attack you by X yards. This ability is useful for pulling. The Priest calms one target, then pulls another nearby monster without setting off (waking up) the calmed monster.

Psychic Scream - The caster lets out a psychic scream that causes X nearby enemies to run away. This is a good crowd control spell when pulls go bad. Psychic Scream has a chance to break when the feared target is damaged.

folder icon   11-19-2004, 11:52 PM
Post #6
Zaknafien

Overlord

Anything with involves threat does not work on players. Psy scream does. Taunt does not.

My currant best replay.
This one as of 10/20
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-20-2004, 12:40 AM
Post #7
jov

like a fox!

in my ferocious server battle against the horde, i was somehow pulled into the horde forces, but managed to break it off. don't know what spell it was, as there was too much going on. but i think an undead mage or warlock was doing it. my character was physically being sucked towards them, no matter how hard i tried to retreat. i guess my evasion skill as a rogue did it, 'cause that broke me.

can i also say, that as a rogue, hunter's mark sucks on you. ugh. glad i'm not going PvP, there's plenty enough PvP on PvE servers, i'll be fine with that, thank you.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   11-20-2004, 12:42 AM
Post #8
Roof Shingles

Gargoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaknafien
Anything with involves threat does not work on players. Psy scream does. Taunt does not.

So if an enemy player uses psy scream on me, then I lose control of my character and it just runs away until the spell wares off?

Return to Top  

newthread reply World Of WarCraft Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: