ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > General Gaming Discussion > Stupid Orcs and NE Rushes
Search this Thread:

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Stupid Orcs and NE Rushes  
folder icon   04-30-2002, 04:06 PM
Stupid Orcs and NE Rushes Post #1
Gaggin

Arch Druid

Velentris on Shadowsong

I've been playing alot lately, and I've a few questions to ask. Is it just me or are the Orcs a bit stronger than the rest? If you play humans there is really no way to stop a good orc enemy. Footmen are toast, priests can't heal quick enough, and only mortars do any real damage, and enemies know to target them first. Then there's the ongodly raider rush. They seriously need to be toned down, all they do is mass them with a farseer and go straight for your town hall.

Night Elf rushes are almost unstoppable. Basically, right when you're gettin your hero a DH comes and starts attacking your workers. You'll probably do enough damage to make him run away, but it disrupts your workers. While that was happening, 4-6 archers have been trained at his base. He uses moon wells to heal his DH, then attack you again, only with archers this time. You're still recovering from your attack, and you get him again. Only the undead seem to stop this rush, and only if they get a spirit tower in time. This rush is tough. It's so unfair, I almost feel bad when I use it. I've used it 5 times today, and I won 4 times. How can it be countered?

folder icon   04-30-2002, 05:01 PM
Post #2
Jeltz

Demi-God

And the DH can use mana burn to make your hero seriously wonded and not capable to cast spells and then attack your peons and run back to his base use moon wells and comeback with some archers kill your hero and attack your peons. After a while the DH rusher will win.

I eat robots for breakfast with syrup A(CBRT)
Show me! show you! Kikkomaan!

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-01-2002, 10:00 AM
Post #3
freakin

Spirit Wolf

lol

folder icon   05-01-2002, 11:17 AM
Post #4
Friend of Fidel

Ranger

Jeltz, that sounds bad. Hur är det med allianssen?

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-02-2002, 10:58 AM
Post #5
Khaav Delamer

Paladin

Oh, I've held back NE DH rushes before. It's not that bad, unless several enemies do it at once. Then it'll kill you. But if it's only like one, I repeal him with my grunts and my farseer. Which I usually have by the time he finds me. If it's more then one, an ally will help and we'll drive them back. So it's not an end all rush.

For Cow-Jitsu lessons, please contact me or Stoic(Now known as Blade). Thanks.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-02-2002, 11:32 AM
Post #6
Jeltz

Demi-God

Howdo you get the farseer and the grunts in time. You cna get either but not both. Mana burn would make your farseer uncapable of casting spells and DH wins over a farseer in combat. The DH rusher will make some archers. If you have allies they can help but if it is ffa or 1v1 you don't get any help.

folder icon   05-02-2002, 04:53 PM
Post #7
Darkwolf

Overlord

If you get a Blademaster first you can do it, because a Blademaster with a little luck (from either Critical Strike or the copy spell) can beat a DH. Even if the Demon Hunter has mana burn... the BM can still get lucky enough to beat em.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-02-2002, 10:06 PM
Post #8
N M H

Spirit Wolf

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jeltz:
Howdo you get the farseer and the grunts in time. You cna get either but not both. Mana burn would make your farseer uncapable of casting spells and DH wins over a farseer in combat. The DH rusher will make some archers. If you have allies they can help but if it is ffa or 1v1 you don't get any help.

</font>
If you think it's simple.Like a 8-10-12 player map 1v1=enough time I personally think.Because they have to scout you out.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-04-2002, 05:36 AM
Post #9
Jeltz

Demi-God

But they are lucky sometimes and attacks your base before you have any defence.

folder icon   05-04-2002, 12:26 PM
Post #10
Khaav Delamer

Paladin

Yeah, I haven't been attacked on small maps by that rush so maybe that's why I have the farseer and grunts by the time they attack. On a 4 player map, it might be different. I've been mostly playing big maps besides lost temple.

For Cow-Jitsu lessons, please contact me or Stoic(Now known as Blade). Thanks.
folder icon   05-04-2002, 05:06 PM
Post #11
Jeltz

Demi-God

This rush only works on small maps. On bigger maps you have a small army when the DH arrives.

Return to Top  

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: