ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > General Gaming Discussion > Damned Protoss!
Search this Thread:

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Damned Protoss!  
folder icon   12-01-2003, 01:57 AM
Damned Protoss! Post #1
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

I'm Zerg and finding Maelstrom and Psionic Storm very annoying... it's impossible to micro your way out of a Psi storm because it happens so fast . Not to mention that your army is pretty big. And what about Maelstrom? That's also annoying....4x4 AoE is pretty good, too =/. I swear, those two spells were MADE to kill Zerg .

Somehow it seems more cost effective than defiler plague, but I dunno...taking away 'toss hp IS rather nice .

folder icon   12-01-2003, 07:31 AM
Me... Post #2
naes177

Witch Doctor

Im Protoss myself, and I have used Maelstrom and Psi Storm combo many times, and I do know of several ways to stop it. First, take out the enemy before he builds a Templar Archives. Oftentimes Starcraft players, if the want to rush, they don't do it fast enough, and the Protoss have like 50 photon cannons by that time. But a direct attack surely wont work. Also, you could try Plague with your Defilers. Its a very annoying ability that works wonders when you combine it with your Hydras. It may cost a lot, but its very powerful at the right time.

naes177

I AM A STAR WARS FREAK!!!

"The strong will always enslave the weak. Where the strong make their own fate, the weak bow their heads and succumb. There are few who are strong and many are their enemies, and the greatest of those enemies is the false Emperor of Mankind. Destroy the followers of the false Emperor and revel in their cries for mercy - their weakness can only be eradicated by their sacrifice to the gods of Chaos."
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   12-01-2003, 09:28 AM
Post #3
Gappa

Ranger

You gotta micro your troops grunty

Dont have them all clumbed together when templars and DA's are around your asking for it if you do. Once ya stuck in either storm its a lil late

Those abilites turn the tide agiast any race... kills all the marines and medics vs terrans, vs other protoss can do that extra damage in that good old goon v goon battle. Its very effective there also as ofocurse while your moving ya units from under the psi storm they cant attack and take damage... its win win.

You could always get a few queens and broodling the templar... Dark Archons are a bit different as if queens coming for there High temps they might feedback ya, but normally they wont see ya coming

Remember ensare also will slow down that mass of zealots running for your helpless still hydra's.

Ofcourse u can always pump some ultras out they can take a couple of full psi storms hehe...

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   12-01-2003, 09:50 AM
Post #4
Dark Knight

Peon

to stop that combination is jus to to build up your defense and once you attack your enemy and he has the Dark templars u jus focus on the with some part of your army but dont put every one jus maybe 3 or 4 or you can always jus ude drop ship to destroy the buildin before they start to make them but its your choice

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
Return to Top  

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: