ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > StarCraft II Discussion > Beta Thoughts...
Search this Thread:

newthread reply StarCraft II Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Beta Thoughts...  
folder icon   03-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Beta Thoughts... Post #1
Kris

StarCraft Live
Webmaster

Just played a little of the Starcraft II beta last night...

Seems fun, it's crazy how much it feels like the original Starcraft but with better graphics. I have to admit I'm still learning (or relearning, since I haven't played in ages) the game and found myself often building lots of structures I didn't need and not really focusing on any logical building progression but just trying things out.

The graphics didn't impress me too much, but my guess is that the system parred down itself based on my PC settings which are not top of the line. The game did run pretty well though some of the bigger explosions seemed to cause some slowdown.

I'll probably spend more time this weekend really playing and have more to add then.

I believe it's okay to talk about this stuff... but if I'm in the wrong, I'll have to delete this message.

Fun Infused Games | My Blog | Smooth Operator | Evilscale | Wellplayed.net
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   04-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Post #2
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

There's no DRM or whatever it's called for the Beta . People have been live streaming and posting tons of videos .

I personally am very impressed with the Beta, and that's saying a lot since you all know how high my expectations would be. The macro is still very challenging and rewarding, and it definitely feels like a very macro-heavy game.

Blizzard did a really good job shaking up the way the different races interact with each other while still making it feel like StarCraft. It's a very tricky balance.

Right now, I keep seeing new strategies and builds every day. Partly it's because the game isn't balanced out yet and new patch changes encourage different strategies. Whatever the case, it's very exciting to see that the game seems to have lots of potential for generating surprise. Combined with the fact that we're getting two expansions, this game could have some really incredible longevity, if Blizzard can keep this up. :]

folder icon   04-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Post #3
~Crusader~

Ranger

Mailpouch on Burning Legion

Got a key and downloading the client. I'll post some impressions when I'm done. Really excited!

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
Return to Top  

newthread reply StarCraft II Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: