ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > World Of WarCraft Discussion > @Darkwolf/Silencer
Search this Thread:

newthread reply World Of WarCraft Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

@Darkwolf/Silencer  
folder icon   10-10-2006, 06:11 PM
@Darkwolf/Silencer Post #1
Dark Jester

Overlord

Ehhh, my server sucks ass. We have BWL on farm, upto Huhu in AQ40, about to start Naxx. BAM, we lose like 5 people to server transfers. People aren't logging on. My current server, Demon Soul, is just ass. One of the lowest pop servers, etc etc.

Anywho, considering transferring off. Either of you on a PvP server? What do Naxx guilds look for specifically in people they recruit?

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-13-2006, 04:43 AM
Post #2
Darkwolf

Overlord

I'm on Black Dragonflight, Horde PvP. We get a ton of xfer apps (probably cuz we are the only Horde guild that killed Kel'thuzad, ahahaha) but I'd say the majority of them do not pan out.

Things Naxx guilds look for -
1. Class

When we recruit, it's usually to fill a spot of a certain class. For example, 2 of our tanks had to quit, we recruited 2 x-server warriors.
However, we seem to be perpetually recruiting healers. We haven't lost a priest in months, yet every Priest that apps quits within 2 weeks. So our original 7(?) priests are pretty much it.

2. Gear / Spec
If you have gear that basically blows us away (hard to do when most of us are sporting at least 4 T3) we will absolutely consider you, no matter the class.
If you're a warrior, having both DPS gear and tank gear are key, because fulltime tanks aren't very helpful on many fights. We generally like to max out at 3-4 prot warriors. Spec wise, you better be raid spec or plan to be raid spec, and have nothing dumb in your app.

3. Well written app / good UI.
We look at people's UIs alot, and if they are really bad, we laugh at them.

4. If you make it into recruitment;
Our recruitment is pretty well filtered, we are known to reject x-server apps if they suck or are fucking irritating. Mostly, it's a combination of both if we reject them. Either way things not to do as a recruit; act like an asshole or that you know how to raid better than us. You apped to us, we better goddamn well know how to raid better than you. Do not tell us how to PvP, do not tell us how to play our class, do not make fun of members. We will make fun of you, a lot. If you become a member, it's cool to do all these things, in time. If you're a recruit, the main thing to do is not fuck up and be reliable as hell. If you are on time for every raid, stay online till the end, and are basically a good raider, you're set.

note; Not every guild recruits the same way, obviously. The higher end guilds have a lot better apps to choose from than most, and back in the days before server transfers we used to let just about anybody app, and if they didn't suck they got in.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-14-2006, 03:03 AM
Post #3
Silencer-7

The People's Champion

Valkor on Whisperwind

Well, I play Alliance so I'm probably of no use to you in that respect...

My guild is doing ok... Have killed spider and abom wings and razuvious/noth, working on heigan. I'm leaving that guild after BC comes out though, because a lot of the people suck and many of the officers are undeserving. Me and some old guildmates of mine are going to establish a new guild together, seeing as how it will be a lot easier getting 25 people for a raid than 40.

4000 posts means i gotta do 4000 chicks... yes, thats the advantage of a high post count! - dimitri

Well i banned suckmyballs today, although he has an enticing name i just had to ban him. - Ultrapunk

Your punctuation, especially the quadruple comma,,,, fascinates me. - TheMadMac
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-16-2006, 06:40 PM
Post #4
Dark Jester

Overlord

Damn Darkwolf, you sound so cheery. Pretty much what I expected though. I'm trying to hang in with my guild as long as I can, but if I do Xfer it'll suck. Our guild has gotten 4 netherwind drops in 2 months of BWL farm so my RL mage friend has shit. My other friend is 8/8 DS tho. From what I've noticed, Naxx guilds tend to tell you to fuck off when you say you have a friend.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
Return to Top  

newthread reply World Of WarCraft Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: