ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > General Gaming Discussion > Good way to beat Humans with Orcs
Search this Thread:

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Good way to beat Humans with Orcs  
folder icon   03-08-2003, 03:17 PM
Good way to beat Humans with Orcs Post #1
Grotghash

Knight

I got these strategies from these two guys. They seem like they would work. What do you guys think?
Ok for some reason I can't quote them using quote, so I will do it the old fashion way.

Origanally posted by Achillies

Hellow horde members,
you would have to agree that most humans you face do the following.
a) build alter and barracks first.
b) pump out about 5-12 footies.
c) begin creeping, usually to expand.
d) begin teching to casters or the dreaded gryphs.

Allmost all humans i face follow that format. Ive been using the following strat and have one almost all my human games in the past few days.

a) tech immidietly.
b) place burrows in strategic positions.
c) Build a tower.
d) use seer to creep all weak creeps.
e) Mid way though teching to fortress build two beastiaries.
f) As soon as their done gear all reasources towards making 6 wyverns.

At this stage, my human opponent is still in the teching process as they wasted time and gold building their silly footies while you hard teched. When i arrive at their base, they sometimes have a tower up. I send in wolves first, this gets the tower firing on the wolves, then move in with the wyverns which quickly level the tower.

At this point the human has tped back. but his silly footies and militia are helpless. I just dance my hero around and focus fire on their archmage who drops like an insect under focus fire from 6 wyverns. I dont worry to much about the moutain king. He can only stormbolt 2 or 3 times, which takes out one wyvern at best. *Keep the wyverns coming in from your base.
Usually he has one or two casters who get owned. Next priority is to take out that barracks, becasue riflemen will put the hurtin on wyverns.
The key is scouting. If you see riflemen helping their hero creeping, dont bother to get wyverns. Also if their are more than two towers dont bother either. But most of the time, i own humans who use their hero -> footies -> tech -> casters(andor)gryphs.

Once they scout you and see you teching, they assume "casters" and dont pay much more attention to it. With your carefully placed burrows (carefully meaning that they cannot attack one burrow without meeting fire from another), and tower, you can fend of any footie rushes or harrasment.

Origanlly posted By Silverious

What I do vs hu is, wyv tech while harassing with BM. If you harass enough they do either 1 of 3 things.

1st, They militia. which is what you want them to do. This cuts down on their resources and screws up their strict b/o. In which case you dance you BM around keeping the militia after you as long as possible, and taking the least damage, while keeping the interest of the AI or the player.

2nd, They camp. This is also a very good thing. Keeps them from creeping and you have all the creeps in the map. This cuts down on their hero level, and their gold income, which really helps a tech. Also, it works opposite for you.

3rd, They turtle. Not to be confused with camping. This means that they tower their base in, making it hard to crack. Aside from being costly, it takes up space in their base and makes it cluttered. And in most cases they would then place their arcanes in the back where you can't get to them.

In the case of #3, I would suggest, aside from wyverns, getting pults. Let the pults pound away on the towers while the wyverns pound away at the melee that is attacking your pults.

Or you grunt+tower them then off rax. Which works very nicely. Even with the footies on defend you should have grunts to clean them up nicely.

_____

What are your thoughts on this?

You friended me on facebook a few months ago. I didnt know who you were then and i still dont now. Probably because its hard to get to know someone in tri-month intervals. That, or you have the personality of drywall. Except that i can atleast talk to the walls when im high. You were obviously hiding somewhere jerking off when God was passing out personalities." -dimitri583
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-08-2003, 06:21 PM
Post #2
Crusty_-_-Gloves

War Chief

sounds tricky, i will try it on a comp, will that work? or is it best off against other players, wqhe im human, i go casstersa and knigts, or casters gryphoins, human casters are just so good

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-08-2003, 06:44 PM
Post #3
Grotghash

Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Crusty_-_-Gloves
sounds tricky, i will try it on a comp, will that work? or is it best off against other players, wqhe im human, i go casstersa and knigts, or casters gryphoins, human casters are just so good
Well I think you noticed that at first, the computer rushes.
So I don't think it will work on a computer, you can try to though.

You friended me on facebook a few months ago. I didnt know who you were then and i still dont now. Probably because its hard to get to know someone in tri-month intervals. That, or you have the personality of drywall. Except that i can atleast talk to the walls when im high. You were obviously hiding somewhere jerking off when God was passing out personalities." -dimitri583
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-08-2003, 07:40 PM
Post #4
Strifestrike

Warlock

Is this strat 5 months old or 13? (Note to 2 year old: Its not a tricky strategy at all and was the most popular orc strat in v2.2 beta, and patch 3.0, its still used fairly commonly.)

I read that on a Magic card once, heh.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-08-2003, 07:44 PM
Post #5
Grotghash

Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Strifestrike
Is this strat 5 months old or 13? (Note to 2 year old: Its not a tricky strategy at all and was the most popular orc strat in v2.2 beta, and patch 3.0, its still used fairly commonly.)

Lets see,

**counts on fingers**

this strat is 2 days old.wow.....

folder icon   03-08-2003, 07:53 PM
Post #6
Menofhonor

Tauren

This is popular and works very good but is not new. This strat will even be more insane in the beta where casters will get owned by their pierce damage and large armor. The best thing that a human can do vs this is probably gyros.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-09-2003, 12:11 AM
Post #7
Strifestrike

Warlock

Quote:
Originally posted by Grotghash
Lets see,

**counts on fingers**

this strat is 2 days old.wow.....

Lets see.... it isnt, just because u dont play on bnet or follow the game doesnt mean I dont. I can look up old warcraft strategy articles from the beta about this strat.

folder icon   03-09-2003, 12:11 AM
Post #8
Strifestrike

Warlock

Quote:
Originally posted by Menofhonor
This is popular and works very good but is not new. This strat will even be more insane in the beta where casters will get owned by their pierce damage and large armor. The best thing that a human can do vs this is probably gyros.

Rocket tank u mean?

folder icon   03-09-2003, 12:13 AM
Post #9
Zaknafien

Overlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Menofhonor

Of course, human dragon hawks will massacre your silly wyvs in the beta meno

Also people will probably castermass less due to the way they arent as effective, bombing this strat

Did I mention tanks have AA rockets now?

My currant best replay.
This one as of 10/20
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-09-2003, 12:16 AM
Post #10
Grotghash

Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Strifestrike
Lets see.... it isnt, just because u dont play on bnet or follow the game doesnt mean I dont. I can look up old warcraft strategy articles from the beta about this strat.

Actually I DO play on B.net and follow the game.

What I meant by 2 days old, was the the original poster posted it two days ago. Thats what I meant, sheesh. It was just a joke.

folder icon   03-09-2003, 01:09 AM
Post #11
Menofhonor

Tauren

Ug its hard to think of beta strats having never played with those units. I try to theorize but yea its easy to forget. Rocket tanks would work well and so would dragon hawks I presume.

Now that I think of it are dragon hawks like miniature version of the wyvern without the poison?

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-09-2003, 05:39 PM
Post #12
Zaknafien

Overlord

As much as theyre minutues of the hippo riders I suppose. Theyre a tier2/3 (cant remember) unit made at the arcane, so theyll fit in with mass casters well, assuming someone still went mass casters, which theyre shouldnt

My currant best replay.
This one as of 10/20
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   03-09-2003, 09:11 PM
Post #13
vade

Kodo Beast

Man...I remember the W3 beta days when Orcs mauled humans almost constantly...then slow got so powerful...hehe...

Greatest Quote known to man: MooooOOOOOOoooooo!!!

All your sheep are belong to us!
Return to Top  

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: