ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > General Gaming Discussion > Warcraft 4?
Search this Thread:

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Warcraft 4?  Pages (2): [1] 2 »
folder icon   09-14-2004, 12:22 PM
Warcraft 4? Post #1
Thrall3

Peon

Has blizzard said anything about making a warcraft 4 after they are done with world of warcraft, maybe within the next year or two? I'm looking for any bit of information there might be out.I know they might make it because warcraft is a huge franchise but I just want to be sure. But if anyone out there has any info please response but it has to be somewhat true not some crazy rumor.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-14-2004, 01:32 PM
Post #2
Zilor

Gargoyle

Location: Home, in my 5 bedroom, 2 bath, big mother fucking house my family built, little shits.

It is higly unlikely, your looking easilly at SC 2 and Diablo 3 before you ever see a Warcraft 4.

off.gif profile.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-14-2004, 01:54 PM
Post #3
~Crusader~

Ranger

Mailpouch on Burning Legion

I agree and disagree Zilor.

I agree that War4 wont be coming out anytime this decade.

But i disagree that Diablo 3 will come out before war4.

Anyway, Warcraft is now going to be a constent WoW. There really isn't much of a point to make Warcraft 4 because WoW is going to be Warcraft 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, etc. It will be an everlasting game WoW (well atleast for awhile)

And Diablo is done. There is no finishing to it i dont think.

As for SC2. Maybe in 6 years.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-14-2004, 02:12 PM
Post #4
Zilor

Gargoyle

Location: Home, in my 5 bedroom, 2 bath, big mother fucking house my family built, little shits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crusader~
I agree and disagree Zilor.

I agree that War4 wont be coming out anytime this decade.

But i disagree that Diablo 3 will come out before war4.

Anyway, Warcraft is now going to be a constent WoW. There really isn't much of a point to make Warcraft 4 because WoW is going to be Warcraft 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, etc. It will be an everlasting game WoW (well atleast for awhile)

And Diablo is done. There is no finishing to it i dont think.

When those guys left for Flagship one of them said the story for Diablo 3 was writtn a while ago... I believe he said that at least.

As for SC2 being out in 6 years, I don't see why you think it will be that long at all... I say 3 years tops.

folder icon   09-14-2004, 02:12 PM
Post #5
Caj Darkmoon

Arch Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crusader~

Actual release? Mabye, odds say that its next in line though.

folder icon   09-14-2004, 03:17 PM
Post #6
~Crusader~

Ranger

Yeah, considering Ghost isnt coming out until early next year, i believe the earliest time we would see a SC2 hit shelves would be 5-6 years.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-14-2004, 03:33 PM
Post #7
Yuber8900

Knight

Here's how I think they'll be released

WoW
Starcraft Ghost
Starcraft 2
Diablo 3
Warcraft 4
Wow 2
The MMORPG

folder icon   09-15-2004, 06:35 AM
Post #8
Knight of Ni

Stoned Troll Fanatic

Look! Blizzard is already working on warcraft IV! (note: this is not a crappily edited wc3 wallpaper!)

Sorry, I'm just bored

Knight of Ni has attached this image:

folder icon   09-15-2004, 11:15 AM
Post #9
Zilor

Gargoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Ni
Look! Blizzard is already working on warcraft IV! (note: this is not a crappily edited wc3 wallpaper!)

Sorry, I'm just bored

Looks more like "Warcraft IY" Whatever the hell that would be.

folder icon   09-15-2004, 02:47 PM
Post #10
Knight of Ni

Stoned Troll Fanatic

Well, you know, blizzard is known for making up new things, taking care of anything that annoy players the slightest, unlike the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" policy of other companies. So replacing the roman numeral "IV" with "IY" blizzard has completely rewritten the genre of game titles, thus making it an all new experience to look at it. Also, I suck at editing pictures.

folder icon   09-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Post #11
Fuzzy_Monkeys

Archer

It isnt coming for a while, In fact i dont think it may ever come put. Due to fact that expansions and upgrades are the new sequels.

-Tim

folder icon   09-16-2004, 05:16 AM
Post #12
HenkM

Treant

I agree with those that said that Ghost,SC and Diablo3 is the once closest in being made before WC4...

Offtopic:

What is Diablo 3 be about now when the three brothers has been defeated the only one that the heroes has not met is the two lesser evils Belail and Azmodan but one cant base a game on....

I heard rumors that the main evil of Diablo2 would be ethier Tyrael lusting for power for himself or Decard Cain who is actually the Lord of Lies leading the heores on a fruitless path(that why the hero always seems to be one step after Diablo and Co???)anyway what should one base Diablo 3 on when the three brother has been defeated,they can be resurrected once again can they?

Or maybe now when all three brothers has been defeated they will merge into one single demon combining each others powers???

I hope they base a Diablo in present time....Cool to see a modern devestated city overun by demons chaos everywhere....The hard part would be the classess...

Priest(modern mage)
Wicca witch (modern sorceress)
Police (modern paladin)
Military Guy(modern warrior)

You can probably do much better classes but you know what I mean....

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-21-2004, 09:27 PM
Post #13
Scorch Hellfire

Wyvern Rider

lord of lies? so there would in truth be 4 brothers... no i dont think so... the tyrael one maybe... but i think its unlikely that he would suddenly be evil... all i know is that its going to be interesting seeing what the diablo world will be like after the destruction of the world stone...

and i thought about the combining of the 3 before, trying to think about what it would look like... freaky though... its almost like an excuse to introduce satan into the mix...

anyways...

yeah its going to be AWHILE until wc4 i mean think about how long it was between wc2 and 3... plus on top of that theres the extra incentive of the ongoing storyline of wow... if they were to put in a wc4, then they would have to come out with a wow 2 soon afterwards to make sense of the storyline... otherwise playing wow would be like going back in time and never going forward in the story...

From the ashes of war we came...
From the magics of a foolish race we came...
And now we come again, with one solitary thing in mind...
TOTAL DOMINATION!
We come again at the beginning of a new reign, The Reign of Chaos, a reign that we will implement to scower the name of the Burning Legion across the universe as the ruler of all worlds!
So where there is war, we will be there...
Where there is death, we will be there...
And where there is pain, hatred, and evil, we will be there!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

---------------------
?Hola! Me llamo Scorch Hellfire. ?Y bienvinidos a Infierno S!

I only flame those who deserve it so CONSIDER YOURSELF ASHES!

Certified Scourge Cultist (tm)
~Demon Warlock~
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-21-2004, 10:12 PM
Post #14
Raszagil

Kodo Beast

The next game they make had better be Starcraft II or I will have to do....something. It's way, way, way, way overdue. Didn't Blizzard say they were working on an unannounced project? Or was that WOW?

They call it PMS because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken.
-unknown
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-21-2004, 11:39 PM
Post #15
Gnome-

Night Elf Ranger

Well i guess no one else realized this. But way back say a year ago blizzard registered a domain name for diablo, i forget what it was. But it was a new title and many thought it was the movie.

They just reregistered the name again so people are speculating that its the next diablo title.

When it comes to biting scrotums in
vengeance, "Who Knows"?

"GNOME KNOWS!"
folder icon   09-22-2004, 09:03 AM
Post #16
Knight of Ni

Stoned Troll Fanatic

Blizzard has said in a recent interview that the team behind wc3 is now working on an unannounced project. I really wonder what it is. I guess it's either a starcraft or a diablo title.

folder icon   09-22-2004, 09:21 AM
Post #17
~Crusader~

Ranger

Perhaps Blizzard will errupt with a different storyline/world. Its not impossible and that would be pretty darn exciting.

folder icon   09-22-2004, 09:29 AM
Post #18
Zuljins-Return

Gargoyle

Well... Let's go through blizzard's titles...

Warcraft 1
Warcraft 2/Diablo(not sure which order, were only a year apart)
Warcraft 2 Expansion
Starcraft.
Warcraft 2 Battle.Net Edition
Diablo 2
Diablo 2 Expansion
Warcraft 3
Warcraft 3 Expansion
World of Warcraft(assumably)
Starcraft Ghost

So... judging by this... I'd say the next game is Diablo 3(it's overdue), and then probably Starcraft 2 a year or two later. Warcraft 4 won't be out until Blizzard makes us all buy a second computer because our first one has all their games on its hard drive already.

folder icon   09-22-2004, 09:37 AM
Post #19
Knight of Ni

Stoned Troll Fanatic

I find it highly unlikely that blizzard will invent a new world. The last time that happened was with starcraft in 1998.

folder icon   09-22-2004, 09:54 AM
Post #20
Zuljins-Return

Gargoyle

Quote:
I find it highly unlikely that blizzard will invent a new world. The last time that happened was with starcraft in 1998.
Ya never know....

Anyone know what Flagship's working on?

folder icon   09-22-2004, 12:58 PM
Post #21
~Crusader~

Ranger

Quote:

Exact reason why they may.

And I just can't see a Diablo 3. What type of storyline do they have to work with? Eh well now that i just said that, expect Diablo 3 to be announced in a few weeks.

folder icon   09-22-2004, 01:55 PM
Post #22
Knight of Ni

Stoned Troll Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuljins-Return
Ya never know....

Anyone know what Flagship's working on?

To me it seems like they are working very ambitiously to reinvent the wheel. We haven't heard from them for a long time, though.

edit: From the concept art it looks like it is some kinda gothic sci-fi game, and they are partnering with namco. That's all I can tell.

Last edited by Knight of Ni on 09-22-2004 at 02:01 PM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-23-2004, 01:34 AM
Post #23
HenkM

Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch Hellfire
lord of lies? so there would in truth be 4 brothers... no i dont think so... the tyrael one maybe... but i think its unlikely that he would suddenly be evil... all i know is that its going to be interesting seeing what the diablo world will be like after the destruction of the world stone...

and i thought about the combining of the 3 before, trying to think about what it would look like... freaky though... its almost like an excuse to introduce satan into the mix...

anyways...

yeah its going to be AWHILE until wc4 i mean think about how long it was between wc2 and 3... plus on top of that theres the extra incentive of the ongoing storyline of wow... if they were to put in a wc4, then they would have to come out with a wow 2 soon afterwards to make sense of the storyline... otherwise playing wow would be like going back in time and never going forward in the story...

Not a fourth brother as The Lord of Lies is one of the lesser evils maybe he has helped the hero in the shape of Decard Cain to get rid of the three brother so he could rule hell alone with the other lesser evil...All Prime and Lesser evil has been defeated except for Azmodan and Belail...

And Diablo is Satan so it would not be any idea to introduce him as he is already within the game(Blizzard probably used the name Diablo so they would not be called Satan worshippers or anything by morale laydies and escape censorship?) ...

But if the three brothers would combine their powers they would probably had a stronger form almost unbeatable that would be cool for a future title like Diablo3....

But As Tyreal said the world would be changed in a way not even he could predict which would mean?????

Now with the world stone destroyed would demon be able to roam the mortal world when ever they wanted as the barrier(world stone) that kept the three worlds closed to each other is now destroyed,what will happnen now....????

No Blizzard will probably use a fantasy world again but it would be cool if they had a Diablo title in a present time...The Borthers has been revived after years or sleep and now they return to a mortal world were much has changed...And Mortal has began to forget about demons and angel etc the world rip for the taking yada yada you get the rest................

But the question is what to base Diablo3 when the three brother was defeated in Diablo2 ofcourse I dont believe they were truly killed(they are almost like gods) just returned to hell but how would they be able to return?

or was their defeat part of their great plan as they sketched out that plan a long,long long time ago they caused a FAKE demon rebeillion were demons fougth demons(to fool the angels to point their attension towards hell instead of mortal world) yet it was part of the great plan for the three borthers to end up in the mortal world what more is their schemes.....

And I believe after WOW and Ghost there will be a Diablo3 as Blizzard rarley create a game in the same univurse in a row when Ghost in created there will not be a SC2 for while maybe after Diablo3 probably.....And after Diablo3 maybe just maybe a WC4........

Last edited by HenkM on 09-23-2004 at 01:53 AM.
folder icon   09-23-2004, 08:09 AM
Post #24
Knight of Ni

Stoned Troll Fanatic

They could also do something like in DB where they constantly introduce new and even more powerful villains for the heroes to fight

folder icon   09-23-2004, 09:24 AM
Post #25
Zuljins-Return

Gargoyle

Henk has a point. But, the thing is, the Brothers' Soul Stones were destroyed, banishing them back to hell, no longer tieing them to the mortal plane. The only way they could return is for one of the lesser evils to summon one of them to the mortal plane and then for the one to summon his brothers.

Plus, creating new evils and villians in Diablo would defeat the purpose of the game series' title.

Oh, and remember people; Diablo=Spanish for Satan. So, technically, Satan is already there. 'Course, Blizzard COULD make the brothers combine and become an uber-Satan, at which point the Church would boycott them. Then again... killing Satan might appeal to the Church. Ya never know.

folder icon   09-23-2004, 10:04 AM
Post #26
HenkM

Treant

Quote:
They could also do something like in DB where they constantly introduce new and even more powerful villains for the heroes to fight

Yes but why call it Diablo3 if they introduce a new Villian?

Maybe its like this as all who know about the propechy told in the Act3 movie where Mepehisto tells about something like this hmm:

For the evil that once were Vanquieshed shall rise a "NEW" left in the realm of man it shall walk amongs the innocent,terror shall be sawn it shall rain fire and the earth shall shake as the burning legions of hell walks upon the earth etc etc

We first thougth it was a propechy about diablo himself but later when we saw both Mephisto and Diablo be defeated and then Baal was the only remaining then many thougth maybe its Baal the prophecy is about but he too was defeated....

But think like this,what was the real reason for corrupting the world stone none knows but think buy corrupting world stone Baal and the other brother put a seed of evil in the mortal world and a new evil migth be born maybe a Son or Daugther of the three brothers(so to speak) a creature that is more powerful then they together as it took the combined forces of the three to plot and finally corrupt the world stone...?

Maybe a new evil is born maybe not even demonic maybe the seed of evil is really a Mortal form........I dont know but thinking about the prophecy and seeing the three been beaten it cant mean any of them.....

So In Diablo3 we maybe wont see Diablo but the Spawn of Diablo a dark daugther or Son who knows.........?????

But as a Diablo3 is already in the make(as most stuff was already finished) they must have a story rigth????

folder icon   09-23-2004, 12:07 PM
Post #27
~Crusader~

Ranger

First of the prophecy the word you stated a "NEW" is actually the word anew which means over again; another time; in a new form; afresh; as, to arm anew; to create anew. So it may be valid your arguement that there may be a new evil, but if it is anything it will be a manifestation of Diablo. Not a completely different entity.

Secondly i believe the only way a Diablo 3 story will ever be affirmed or even make a bit of sense will be an apocalypse type story such as in Revelation. Where Satan and his minions were bound for 10,000 (Destruction of the soul stones) and he had to be released one last time to gather his disciples and then was eventually cast into the lake of fire.

Even so, i doubt that this would be even fallible enough for a continuation of this story. Id say its high time for blizzard to release a new world and let Diablo forever remain in the halls of great games. Because sometimes a great game is one that actually does end.

BTW: The world stone deal was a plot by Baal to forever open a dimension between the two worlds to allow countless numbers of demons into the mortal realm. However since Tyrael destroyed the world stone, the "spell" was interrupted midstream and began to rip the world apart. Therefore, this could also mean the destruction of Sanctuary. So just another theory.

folder icon   09-23-2004, 12:10 PM
Post #28
Knight of Ni

Stoned Troll Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuljins-Return
Oh, and remember people; Diablo=Spanish for Satan. So, technically, Satan is already there. 'Course, Blizzard COULD make the brothers combine and become an uber-Satan, at which point the Church would boycott them. Then again... killing Satan might appeal to the Church. Ya never know.
Also, Mephisto is short for Mephistopheles, meaning Lord of the Flies in Greek, just like the hebrew Belzebub, which is another name for Satan. The name Mephisto was first used in the "Faust" by Goethe.

However, Baal was just some local diety.

folder icon   09-23-2004, 12:17 PM
Post #29
~Crusader~

Ranger

Baal actually isn't ONE god, the word actually means "False god" coined by the Hebrew people. This is where the name Belzebub came from. Its original form is Baal-zebub. Or False god of the flies. That is the actual meaning.

So therefore, Baal isn't a god, he is a false god of an undetermined type. The reason why so many gods are called Baal or have Baal somewhere in their name is just the classification of Hebrew peoples during the time of the Old Testament.

BTW: Baal means master or lord as well. So it is possible for a rank to be the rank of "Baal".

folder icon   09-23-2004, 05:32 PM
Post #30
Zuljins-Return

Gargoyle

Actually... Baal was the name of the first man to create a false idol in the Old Testament.(I think... either that or it was the Hebrew term for the first False God) Either way, Baal was the root-word for many other names for false or "Evil" gods.(Evil is relative. Always has been, always will be.)

And, in fact, Satan is a fallen angel(Lazarus, I think... it's an "L" name...)... Thus, if Blizzard wants to ever use Satan or a Satan-equivalent in Diablo, they must use Tyreal, corrupted, as he is the only angel(Or Arch-angel, which was the same rank as Lazarus) that is well-known in Diablo and that all players know of.

Strange, that... Lazarus(Satan) became jealous of mortals(humans) and God's love for them... and Tyreal is the protector of mortals, as charged by God, in Diablo... Hmm... this could be interesting...

*Using name Lazarus until someone says or reminds me of Satan's real name...*

folder icon   09-23-2004, 05:46 PM
Post #31
big Yo

Kodo Beast

Satan's name is Lucifer the Most beautiful of God's angels, and the archangel of Light. He fell from grace because he believed he could become more powerful than God, his beauty turned him jealous because God could and always would be better than he. So he decides to revolt and everybody knows it from there
Edit: ZR here says that Lucifer became angry because of God's love for humans, thats probably right too, I'm a little sketchy on why he fell from Grace, or his reasons for doing so

Lazarus the name of Jesus' friend who died and was ressurected by Jesus, his first death marks one of the times Jesus cries. (in the bible)

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-23-2004, 06:32 PM
Post #32
Zuljins-Return

Gargoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by big Yo
Satan's name is Lucifer the Most beautiful of God's angels, and the archangel of Light. He fell from grace because he believed he could become more powerful than God, his beauty turned him jealous because God could and always would be better than he. So he decides to revolt and everybody knows it from there
Edit: ZR here says that Lucifer became angry because of God's love for humans, thats probably right too, I'm a little sketchy on why he fell from Grace, or his reasons for doing so

Lazarus the name of Jesus' friend who died and was ressurected by Jesus, his first death marks one of the times Jesus cries. (in the bible)

Ah, right. Lucifer. And yeah, both of those reasons... I haven't read the thing in a looooooooong time... so my mind is REALLY sketchy on details... but I remember both of those.

folder icon   09-23-2004, 10:43 PM
Post #33
Kuchikuken

Headhunter

Actually no where does it say or show you destroying Baal's Soulstone

But Lucifer fell cause he did the wrong things.

His sin was the sin of vanity, or pride.

You can read it in Ezekiel I think it says a little something about him. Though it doesn't not say his name it refers to him as the prince of Tyrus.

"The armored figure moves with a dark grace and confidence. Fiery blue eyes glare out from the depths of a heavy black iron helm. Tufts of long white hair stream out from beneath the helm as well. The armored figure wears a royal blue cloak trimmed with white fur and carries a massive runeblade etched with glowing sigils of unholy frost. His crooked grin implies untold power and an endless hatred for the living." - Arthas the Lich King
folder icon   09-24-2004, 01:57 AM
Post #34
HenkM

Treant

Anyway what theory everyone has here about Diablo3 we already know Diablo3 is in the make as Blizzard has stated that they will take over the work from those guys who originally handled Diablo3(Was is Blizzard North???) they have said so anyway in interviews so a Diablo3 will probably be.

But the hard part is the story what to tell whne the three brothers are defeat but on that I agree the story should be the final apocalypse days(and also the very last Diablo title) so it would be cool indeed if they put Diablo3 in present time the age of war and chaos and the mortal hatred which the demons has fed and strengthen themself on has finally revived the three one last time for a last chance to end the mortal and angels...

It would be cool to have one of the maps be like a devestated and destroyed big city which is overun by demons, cars and buildings burning, people running around being attacked by various demons chaos everywhere the true apocalyptic feeling..And the in the third game the angels will have a more part(storywise atleast)The only angel we seen yet is Tyrael and the fallen on Izual and Azreal the one guarding the bridge to Diablo Sanctuary.....

Demons and Angels prepare the final battle and the mortal hero must aid the forces of good..Again.......

The hardest part by putting the Diablo3 in a present time would be the classes as I said in an earlier topic...What kind of classes could one have in present time....???

The Wicca Witches today could be todays Sorceress???
A Priest a modern mage???

A Cop modern Paladin ???

Miltary Guy Modern warriors???

I dont know its hard....Though I would love to have a title in present time I doubt it is cus if diablo 3 already had an almost finsihed story already then its probably in a ordinary dark age settings like the first two ones I guess?

But if Diablo3 is indeed the last Diablo title why not have an open ended ending
where the hero in the end can choose to save the world or leave it to darkness....

folder icon   09-24-2004, 10:30 PM
Post #35
Zuljins-Return

Gargoyle

I doubt they'll make it modern. Modern-day set demon games aren't as fun as fantasy/gothic set demon games. Well.. and Sci-Fi, but that's not as good for demons. Better for aliens.

Besides. I'm sure a LOT of Blizzard fans would be pissed off at Blizzard for that if they did set it in Modern-day.

Return to Top  Pages (2): [1] 2 »

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: