prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

WoW CoW  Pages (2): « 1 [2]
folder icon   02-05-2004, 04:55 PM
Post #36
dimitri583

Faster! More Intense!
ForumsX Administrator

well, lets take a roll call now, of who in CoW is in WDP, and decide what to do about the membership situation. i think we need to have an HC meeting.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-05-2004, 05:13 PM
Post #37
MrFurious

Arch Druid

i suggest the roll call be in another topic...

and ill be available this weekend and on AIM for a meeting...it would have to be after 6pm(pst...9east) sat or sunday

Screw Rob Pardo!
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-05-2004, 06:57 PM
Post #38
Cloud

Arch Druid

Its like this (or if it isnt someone is dumb)

If you want to be in WDP fine, whatever, no one cares. The freaking leader of WDP is a cow (though barely, sorry gunny, but you are just plain inactive when it comes to CoW and that is fine)

If you want to be in the WDP that is your choice, but there WILL BE A COW PRESENCE ON WOW. I cannot stress this enough. We will also get new members through WoW. So figure out where your MMORPG loyalties lie. If you want to be in the WDP, be in the WDP but you wont be a part of the CoW on WDP. Personally, i would never abandon cow in such a way. I in the past have thought of going into the WDP but have decided not to. If i had, at this point, i would ditch WDP and come back to CoW since i would now know that CoW would be in WoW.

So again. If you want to be in the WDP, thats cool, but wouldnt you rather be a part of the WoW CoW?

Beautiful
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-05-2004, 06:58 PM
Post #39
Caj Darkmoon

Arch Druid

I am, for one. Another? Dimitri.

If this is going to be a problem, then the rules under which any person can be a member of both CoW and the WDP should never have been established. I do believe, dimitri, that you had a hand in shaping those rules, and now you are unsatisfied with them.

folder icon   02-05-2004, 07:14 PM
Post #40
Cloud

Arch Druid

I dont think that it would exactly be right if the hc went back on what they said. I really dont think that anyone has the right to say you either have to quit the wdp or you get kicked out of cow. Thats just dumb.

Beautiful
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-05-2004, 08:49 PM
Post #41
Zaknafien

Overlord

Technically, WDP has changed. It was originally more of a puppet subsection of AoW/CoW. Its not a puppet anymore. That makes rethinking this a bit differant.

As for changing something that was said, whats wrong with that? Is correcting errors a problem? IMO its more important to focus on whether or not that is a wise move before deciding whether or not that needs to be done.

My currant best replay.
This one as of 10/20
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Post #42
dimitri583

Faster! More Intense!
ForumsX Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caj Darkmoon
I am, for one. Another? Dimitri.

If this is going to be a problem, then the rules under which any person can be a member of both CoW and the WDP should never have been established. I do believe, dimitri, that you had a hand in shaping those rules, and now you are unsatisfied with them.

the rules there also said WDP was a subclan of CoW. You yourself said that isnt the case anymore, so i porposed a system of alliance. but you said it was too much beauracracy. It has to be one or the other. Cooperation, or decentrlization. You already made your choice.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Post #43
Caj Darkmoon

Arch Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaknafien
Technically, WDP has changed. It was originally more of a puppet subsection of AoW/CoW. Its not a puppet anymore. That makes rethinking this a bit differant.

As for changing something that was said, whats wrong with that? Is correcting errors a problem? IMO its more important to focus on whether or not that is a wise move before deciding whether or not that needs to be done.

Dimitri wants to start booting people, that creates a problem, especially when hes one of the people.

folder icon   02-05-2004, 09:03 PM
Post #44
Zaknafien

Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caj Darkmoon
Dimitri wants to start booting people, that creates a problem, especially when hes one of the people.

They would have the option to quit...

My currant best replay.
This one as of 10/20
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-05-2004, 09:06 PM
Post #45
dimitri583

Faster! More Intense!
ForumsX Administrator

oh, well yeah, people will have the choice. ofcourse we are gonna try to make em come to this side of the fence

folder icon   02-07-2004, 12:47 PM
Post #46
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Yes, well theres a few CoW people in high positions of WDP, esp. gunny. What are we going to do about that if we cancel the offer of alliance/merger?

a suicide bomber taken out by a suicide bomber? priceless
Masey209: JUST MAKE HER HAVE SEX WITH ME!!
Enix: Oops added an extra zero to it just like your hydro bill
CowUltrapunk: SLOW
CowUltrapunk: slow as your dick
dimitri583: i told you
dimitri583: my dick is fast as fuck
CowUltrapunk: working on your unspeakable weapon of mass atrocities?
ZoraxP: Yep. I call it the USA.
Urin Bloodface: i know ontario
Urin Bloodface: ive even been to vancover
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-07-2004, 09:42 PM
Post #47
MrFurious

Arch Druid

why would people be booted? this makes no sense to me.

i dont care if gunny and caj have "WDP" in front of there names on WoW! we are still gonna quest and play with them all the same as if they had CoW in the names. WDP and CoW are close enough to not need sanctions and rules imposed on members for playing an MMORPG. i seriously doubt that WDP members would shun CoW members for not being in WDP, and vise-versa. if caj and gunny dont want to consider themselves CoWs in WoW...fine but they still would be for War3 and any other games we play.

putting impossible to enforce rules on 2 extremely different clans to satisfy an alleged problem with 2 members being in both clans is not a good use of time.

Since when have we been so closed-minded that people couldnt be in more than one clan? we've frowned upon it yes, but im not here to force people to make a choice about which clan they want to leave behind when I thought that our clans were in a perpetual friendly alliance.

Screw Rob Pardo!
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-08-2004, 01:39 PM
Post #48
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Well im not for booting either.

a suicide bomber taken out by a suicide bomber? priceless
Masey209: JUST MAKE HER HAVE SEX WITH ME!!
Enix: Oops added an extra zero to it just like your hydro bill
CowUltrapunk: SLOW
CowUltrapunk: slow as your dick
dimitri583: i told you
dimitri583: my dick is fast as fuck
CowUltrapunk: working on your unspeakable weapon of mass atrocities?
ZoraxP: Yep. I call it the USA.
Urin Bloodface: i know ontario
Urin Bloodface: ive even been to vancover
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   02-08-2004, 02:21 PM
Post #49
Caj Darkmoon

Arch Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFurious
why would people be booted? this makes no sense to me.

i dont care if gunny and caj have "WDP" in front of there names on WoW! we are still gonna quest and play with them all the same as if they had CoW in the names. WDP and CoW are close enough to not need sanctions and rules imposed on members for playing an MMORPG. i seriously doubt that WDP members would shun CoW members for not being in WDP, and vise-versa. if caj and gunny dont want to consider themselves CoWs in WoW...fine but they still would be for War3 and any other games we play.

putting impossible to enforce rules on 2 extremely different clans to satisfy an alleged problem with 2 members being in both clans is not a good use of time.

Since when have we been so closed-minded that people couldnt be in more than one clan? we've frowned upon it yes, but im not here to force people to make a choice about which clan they want to leave behind when I thought that our clans were in a perpetual friendly alliance.

Its not that i have a problem with the 1 clan rule, what i have a problem with is the situation it puts me in. If i have to choose, i will choose cow. But the thread to accept me into the WDP isnt even closed yet. Then i have to go say 'hey, nice that you accepted me, but i can't be in the clan, later!'. Yeah... i abit akward.

folder icon   02-08-2004, 03:11 PM
Post #50
Majin-Farley

Paladin

Why don't you go with what you started with in the first place? WDP being the WoW section of CoW and AoW while the other clans just stick with what games they play right now instead of moving on to WoW. It seems that not even half of CoW will be getting WoW anyways. I know a lot of you might not like it but it seems like a good solution for now, it will probbaly cause the least amount of confusion.

newthread reply Council of War Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: