Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/thegeekm/forumsx.net/includes/functions_bbcodeparse.php on line 592

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/thegeekm/forumsx.net/includes/functions_bbcodeparse.php on line 592

ForumsX - The Clash of Worlds Game
ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > General Discussion > RPG Forum > The Clash of Worlds Game
Search this Thread:

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

The Clash of Worlds Game  Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »
folder icon   05-03-2005, 05:52 PM
The Clash of Worlds Game Post #1
Ultra_punk

Administrator

This is the thread for the game Clash of Worlds.

In the beginning of the 21st century, demons, in columns of great fire entered into our world. Every great city was filled with their hordes in an instant. It prompted world wide chaos. Whole cities were abandonned and the governments of the world scrambled their military forces against the new threat.

Years of conflict ensued, totalling millions of losses on both sides. Although the demons suffered far greater losses, the human militaries decided defeat was inevitable. Surrender was the only option left for survival, as humans huddled out in the wild straying away from the demon infested cities. Suddenly, the demons disappeared and gone with them was the looming prospect of a demon controlled world.

Even as they left though, a new host of creatures appeared on the planet. Sentient beings of many shapes and sizes, some malevolent toward humankind, other more tolerant. New plants, animals and dangerous wild beasts filled the country side. The devastated world, missing its world governments, moved back into the cities under the guidance and protection of the military. Compounds were erected in the eeriely quiet urban centres, serving as a place to live that was safe and protected from the new dangers of Earth.

It has been an entire generation since that time.

a suicide bomber taken out by a suicide bomber? priceless
Masey209: JUST MAKE HER HAVE SEX WITH ME!!
Enix: Oops added an extra zero to it just like your hydro bill
CowUltrapunk: SLOW
CowUltrapunk: slow as your dick
dimitri583: i told you
dimitri583: my dick is fast as fuck
CowUltrapunk: working on your unspeakable weapon of mass atrocities?
ZoraxP: Yep. I call it the USA.
Urin Bloodface: i know ontario
Urin Bloodface: ive even been to vancover
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-03-2005, 05:59 PM
Post #2
Ultra_punk

Administrator

You may create your character to enter the game in this thread.

Here is a character template.

Portrait: (optional of course)
Bio: (optional)

Name:
Class:

Level:
Experience:

Basic Stats
Strength:
Agility:
Magic:
Tech:

Metric Stats
HP:
MP:

Melee Damage:
Parry Rate:
Block:

Gun Damage:
Accuracy:
Range:

Speed:

Spell Power:

Special:

Inventory
Slots:

Head:
Left Hand:
Right Hand:
Torso:
Feet:
Backpack:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a monster template

Name:

Metric Stats
HP:
MP:

Melee Damage:
Parry Rate:
Block:

Gun Damage:
Accuracy:
Range:

Spell Power:

Special:

Here is a compound template

Name:

Resources
Junk:
Population:
Level:

Structures
Resources:
Food:
Defences:
Factories:
Faction Buildings:

Here is an item template

Only list stats applicable to item.

Name:

value
Junk:
Level:
Slots:

Melee Damage:

Gun Damage:
Accuracy:

Block:

Last edited by Ultra_punk on 05-03-2005 at 09:14 PM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-03-2005, 06:07 PM
Post #3
Ultra_punk

Administrator

The list of all known monsters.

Beastiary:

Name: (Gouger) Clawbeast

Metric Stats
HP: 50
MP: 0
Speed: 8

Melee Damage: 10-15
Parry Rate: 15%
Block: 0

Gun Damage: 0
Accuracy: 0
Range:0

Spell Power: 0

Special: Gives 25 exp

--------------------------

Name: (Trog) Swampie

Metric Stats
HP: 30
MP: 0
Speed: 12

Melee Damage: 8-12
Parry Rate: 15%
Block: 0

Gun Damage: 0
Accuracy: 0
Range:0

Spell Power: 0

Special: Gives 20 exp

Last edited by Ultra_punk on 06-08-2005 at 05:34 PM.
folder icon   05-03-2005, 06:07 PM
Post #4
Ultra_punk

Administrator

The list of all known races/factions.

Factions:

Citizen Auxilia - the auxillary forces of a compound, they are the proud citizens who form a paramilitary organization to defend a compound with pistols, submachineguns and whatever light tech weapons they can get their hands on. They are closely related to the military.

Classes
Auxillary Citizen (+2 strength, +2 tech, +20% gun damage)
The backup forces in case the backup forces are killed.

Police - Is it lice with the prefix "po"? Perhaps, but in any case, the police are the vigilante force within a compound serving justice at the end of a barrel. Their methods are crude, their members brutal but order must be hand with a strong fist as they say.

Races:

Gougers - beasts that take lair in buildings, non-sentient, armed with claws and teeth

Last edited by Ultra_punk on 05-30-2005 at 07:25 PM.
folder icon   05-03-2005, 06:08 PM
Post #5
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Shopping List

Structures
Resources

Junk Shop - cities are filled with junk, especially abandonned ones. Collecting a few bits here and there and making something out of it is what junk mechanics do. There little home of hobbies is known as the junk shop, where the compound can look to for a few extra bits they dont have from time to time.
Cost: 500 junk
Revenue: 100 junk/turn

Scrap Yard - Looking through the city for that specific car make and engine is a time consuming process. Compounds have set up garbage collection teams to simply place all marginally valuable junk into a scrap yard so that junk mechanics can easily find items in a centralized location.
Cost: 1250 junk
Revenue: 250 junk/turn

Salvage Pits - Located in the heart of abandonned industrial centres usually lies the stinking salvage pits. It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it. Using machines and hot coal-fired pits, these individuals salvage everything, from broken computer junk to ripping every nut and bolt off a shattered car.
Cost: 2500 junk
Revenue: 500 junk/turn

Re-Smelting Plant - Restarting a smelting plant is quite the task but advanced compounds have been able to do it. With one of these up and running, they are finally able to take that junk metal lying at every street corner and turn it back into raw steel. The smell of burning coal in the morning never smelled worse.
Cost: 3750 junk
Revenue: 750 junk/turn

Mechanized Salvaging - At some point in human history, basic manpower was replaced by machine power. This is that point in history, perhaps again, but nonetheless it is occuring. Using the power of metal arms, salvaging process is faster and you realize, you've come to the point where salvaging junk is a full time industry.
Cost: 5000 junk
Revenue: 1000 junk/turn

Food

Suburban Farm - What were the suburbs good for? Smashing up, burning it, and then letting the ashes make good farmland. That's what they're good for.
Cost: 250 junk
Growth Rate: +0.5%

Raid Sirens - Air raid sirens were normally left for cities under aerial attack. In this day and age, they're used for when the size of a farm field makes it necessary you use a loud alarm to get farmers running for their lives. Orc raids normally follow the humans, leaving the farm fields somewhat less trampled and burned.
Cost: 750 junk
Growth Rate: +1.0%

Farmland Minefield - Clearing marking out minefields usually makes it pointless. Unless, you're a non-sentient creature of a vicious nature that always attempts to stumble toward a farmfield no matter the danger. In that case, you step on a landmine and go kaboom.
Cost: 1500 junk
Growth Rate: +1.5%

Crop Enhancement - The ideas of crop rotation, varied crop plantations was an art mastered long ago, in places like ancient China. Restarting the practice in the suburban farmlands is a natural choice. It increases crop sustainability, long term productivity, general nutrition and makes a colourful landscape.
Growth Rate: +2.0%

Roaming Cattle - It's hard to manage cattle, but the protein from the meat is better than constantly eating dry grains. This is the most complex farm possible for compounds, producing the most varied diet. It creates diary products and meat products in addition to the existing grain foods. It might also make your farms a good target.
Cost: 3250 junk
Growth Rate: +2.5%

Defences

Metallic Walls - The first compounds were marked by the metallic walls that surrounded them. They merely plugged the gap inbetween buildings and created a catwalk around the square-shape perimeter of a compound. Newer metallic walls are higher, stronger and more difficult to damage or climb.
Benefit: +5 block to all characters

Barbed Wire - Placing a little bit of barbed wire goes a long way in stopping the miscellaneous creature from climbing over a wall thought impossible to climb. Non-sentient creatures get themselves trapped in the painful wires easily and quickly. Afterwards wall patrols can simply push the creature off the wall or kill it.
Cost: 1500 junk
Benefit: +5 block to all characters, cumulative with other defences

Sniper Posts - You know you are approaching a compound when anything hostile suddenly dies and a loud crack fills the air for only a moment. While not all sniper posts are run by the Military, compound defences are primarily under the control of the faction.
Benefit: +5% accuracy to all characters, cumulative with other defences

Machinegun Nests - Few of the sentient races have seen Earth's old wars, but they do realize what the weapons from them are capable of. Take a browning 50 calibre, apparently it is well known amongst the Orcs. Perhaps they do not call it the browning 50 calibre, but rather the loud death making machine.
Cost: 4000 junk
Benefit: +5% accuracy to all characters, cumulative with other defences

Minefield - Stopping the non-sentients is a simple job. Place a giant, marked out minefield, and they will step on the mines. The only problem with this simple solution is the sheer size and cost of laying thousands of landmines. It makes it only a solution worthy of a rich compound.
Cost: 6000 junk
Benefit: all enemies suffer 10 damage a turn, cumulative with other defences

Factory:
Workshop: A simple man in a simple place. Turning an abandonned living space into a small crafting area.
Cost: 250 junk
Level Max: 10 (up from 5)

Commonshop: Placing the workshops together allows people to create common forges and other resource saving practices.
Level Max: 15

Machineshop: The common mechanic can figure out common machines and put them to use in a machineshop. Machines speed indsutrial processes considerably.
Cost: 750 junk
Level Max: 20

Factory: Restoring a factory to actual use is a major feat for a compound.
Cost: 1000 junk
Level Max: 25

Industrial Centre: At a certain size, a compound can sustain real constant manufacturing processes in a localized industrial centre. Normally, this is just restarting a big city's many factories, although not all of them.
Cost: 1250 junk
Level Max: infinity

Last edited by Ultra_punk on 05-10-2005 at 05:50 PM.
Post #6
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Items

Musical

Name: Guitar

value
Junk: 400
Level: None
Slots: 3

Description: A seemingly simple object, the guitar is worth a lot of money in the market. Those skilled at it can make great music, those not, don't.

------------------------------------------------------------

Special

Name: Dog (any species)
value
Junk: 500
Slots: 1

Description: Able to smell out one type of item or creature of your choosing.

Armour

Name: Clothing

value
Junk: 50

Block: 1

------------------------------

Name: Kevlar Vest

value
Junk: 300

Block: 5

Name: Leather Boots

value

Block: 1

Name: Bear Fur Coat

value
Junk: 600

Block: 2
Cold Resist 25%

Melee Weapons

Name: Boot Knife

value
Junk: 100

Melee Damage: 4-7 damage

Name: Long Sword

value

Melee Damage: 25-30 damage

Combat Weapons

Name: Metal Fist

value
Junk: 100

Melee Damage: 4-7

Guns

Name: 9mm Pistol

value
Junk: 200

Gun Damage: 9-12
Accuracy: 25%
Range: short

Name: Uzi

value
Slots: 2

Gun Damage: 12-15

Name: Bull Compact SMG

value
Junk: 900
Slots: 2

Gun Damage: 18-24

Name: 12-Guage Shotgun

value
Junk: 1200

Gun Damage: 24-36
Accuracy: 35%

Name: 0.22 Calibre Rifle

value

Gun Damage: 15-18
Range: long

Name: 0.35 Calibre Rifle

value
Junk: 850

Gun Damage: 18-22
Range: long

Last edited by Ultra_punk on 06-13-2005 at 05:34 PM.
Post #7
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Player Compounds:

Altherak
Turn: 19/19

Name: Calathem

Resources
Junk: 1449 + 631
Population: 1318 + 20
Level: 1

income from people: 131
income from buildings: 500
growth rate: 0.5%
growth rate from farms: 1.0%

Structures
Resources: Salvage Pits
Food: Raid Sirens
Defences:
Factories:
Faction Buildings: Citizen Auxilia Armory

----------------------------------------------------------------

the 1 eyed fool
Turn: 0/5

Name:

Resources
Junk: 1000
Population: 1000

income from people: 100

Structures
Resources:
Food:
Defences:
Factories:
Faction Buildings:

Pellanor
Turn: 10/14

Name: Watershine

Resources
Junk: 971 + 357
Population: 1075 + 10

income from people: 107
income from buildings: 250
growth rate from farms: 0.5%

Structures
Resources: Scrapyard
Food: Suburban Farms
Defences: Metallic Wall
Factories:
Faction Buildings: Police Station

Chaotica
Turn: 0/5

Name: Underworld

Resources
Population: 1000

Structures
Resources:
Food:
Defences:
Factories:
Faction Buildings:

Phantom X
Turn: 17/19

Name: Blackwater Creek

Resources
Junk: 613 + 615
Cash (Bull Market): 484
Population: 1154 + 11

income from people: 115
income from buildings: 500
growth rate from farms: 0.5%

Structures
Resources: Salvage Pits
Food: Suburban farm
Defences: Metallic Walls
Factories: Workshop
Faction Buildings:

Dark Jester
Turn: 3/10

Name:

Resources
Junk: 1250 + 100
Population: 1000 + 5

Structures
Resources:
Food:
Defences:
Factories: Junk Factory
Faction Buildings:

Last edited by Ultra_punk on 06-13-2005 at 05:34 PM.
Post #8
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Player Major Characters:

Altherak

Bio: Jaden Mortagon was in his senior year when the catastrophe happened. In his city he was one of the few that was able to raise a defense to keep the inhabitants safe. Before he use to go to the rifle range and shoot his .22 caliber rifle and his Desert Eagle. He was so good at shooting he won the Juniors Nationalsa three years in a row. He was also the Senior Patrol Leader of his large scout troop and was an Eagle Scout with all of the awards and merit badges possible for him. His scout training helped him to effectively lead and construct the beginning of the compound. Although he is older now, he is a force to be reckoned with in battle and in running the city.

Name: Jaden Mortagon
Class: Auxillary Citizen

Experience: 50/100

Basic Stats
Strength: 10 + 2
Agility: 5
Magic: 5
Tech: 15 + 2

Metric Stats
HP: 240
MP: 100

Melee Damage: (+120%)
Parry Rate: (+5%)
Block: (+50%)

Gun Damage: (+170%) (+20%)
Accuracy: (+30%)
Range:

Speed: 6

Spell Power: +50%

Special:
Good Eye Ability
Wilderness Survival

Inventory
Slots: 20

Head:
Left Hand: Uzi/Boot Knife
Right Hand: Uzi/Boot Knife
Torso:
Feet:
Backpack:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

the 1 eyed fool

Bio:

Name: George "Blitz" Tinkham

Class: Nothing

Experience: 0/100

Basic Stats
Strength: 10
Agility: 10
Magic: 10
Tech: 5

Metric Stats
HP: 200

Melee Damage: (+100%)
Parry Rate: (+10%)
Block: (+100%)

Gun Damage: (+50%)
Accuracy: (+10%)
Range:

Speed: 11

Spell Power: +100%

Special:
Charged Fist

Inventory

Head:
Left Hand: Metal Gauntlet
Right Hand:
Torso:
Feet:
Backpack:

Pellanor

Bio: Neil was born into the Guild. His father was a prominent guild member and doctor, and his mother was a half-Succumbi, one of the unfortunate reminders of the Demonic war. His father, called Doc by his peers, was responsible for attempting to determine the effects that the demonic heritage were having on Celes. They spent the majority of each day together, and eventually fell in love. Neil was the result of their love.
Neil was born, a fast child with a gift for magic. He did not appear to have any demonic powers, at least on the outside, though medical examination determined that he was, in fact, not fully human. His unique heritage gave him some adavatages over other children. He was naturally graceful, and was able to shape magic in ways that others would have though impossible. When wounded, he would quickly heal, and he almost never got sick.
As Neil grew up, and began to study magic in earnest, he discovered that the easiest way for him to work his spells was to use his demonic heritage to channel the mystic energies. While he tended to have more difficulty with convencianal spells then other students did, for overal magical prowess he was at the top of his class.
As he started to reach maturity, other aspects of his demonic heritage began to be revealed. His demonic heritage gave him particulairly good looks, and he seemed to almost radiate an aura of charisma. This made him very popular with the ladies, and most of the guy never got jealous, and considered him to be a good friend.
When not studying magic, or wooing the ladies, Neil liked to explore the compound. One day, he came accross an old guitar, and procceded to fix it up. He began practising guitar rather then exploring, and soon became rather skilled. He found that playing the guitar helped him relax, and so he would often play when he got stuck on a particulairly difficult magical problem. His Guitar skills just added to his popularity with the ladies.

This brings us to preasent day, where Neil has just graduated from his studies in the Guild, and is preparing to make a life for himself.

Name: Neil Gunhold

Experience: 25/100

Basic Stats
Strength: 7
Magic: 12
Tech: 6

Metric Stats
HP: 140
MP: 240

Melee Damage: (+70%)
Block: (+100%) 7 + 7

Gun Damage: (+60%)
Accuracy: (+12%)
Range:

Spell Power: +120%

Special:
Demonic Grace: 300 J, 1 lvl, 5 MP, +2 Agility for Battle
Gives a person the quick speed of a demon.

Inventory
Slots: 5/17

Head:
Left Hand: Boot Knife
Right Hand: 9mm Pistol
Torso: Kevlar Vest
Feet: Breeches (clothing), Leather Boots
Backpack: Guitar

Gear:
9mm Pistol: 200 J, - lvl, 1 S, 9-12 dmg, 25% acc, shrt rng
Boot Knife: 100 J, - lvl, 1 S, 4-7 dmg
Guitar: 400 J, - lvl, 3 S

Modified Skills (takes stats into account):
Demonic Grace: 5 MP, +4 agility (+4% parry, +40% Block, +4 speed)
9mm Pistol: 14-19 dmg, 37% acc, shrt rng
Boot Knife: 6-11 dmg

Chaotica

Bio:

Name: Valen Ironbreaker

Basic Stats
Strength: 13
Tech: 7

Metric Stats
HP: 260

Melee Damage: (+130%)
Block: (+100%)

Gun Damage: (+70%)
Accuracy: (+14%)
Range:

Special:
Skin of Iron

Inventory
Slots: 23

Head:
Left Hand:
Right Hand:
Torso:
Feet:
Backpack:

Phantom X

Bio: At 5'10" 210 pounds, Tank is not really fat, but is a little on the heavy side (apparently no matter how much or little he eats). Other than that he is pure scottish blood, compact, with dark brown hair, a short beard , green eyes and a taste for casual clothing and picking off beasties from afar.

Name: Tank "The Tank" McCloud

Experience: 25/100

Basic Stats
Tech: 15

Metric Stats

Melee Damage: (+100%)
Parry Rate: (+5%)
Block: (+50%) 4 + 2

Gun Damage: (+150%) 24-36 + 36-54
Accuracy: (+30%) 35% + 30%
Range: Long

Special:

Inventory

Head: Green Bay Packers cap (clothing)
Left Hand: boot knife
Right Hand: 12-Guage Shotgun
Torso: light green shirt (clothing)
Feet: Grey Sweat Pants (clothing), old and dirty brown leather boots (clothing)
Backpack: Cairn Terrier "Cairn"

Dark Jester

Bio: Boltz is a failed experiment. The war of attrition against the demons required the humans to not only produce victorious battles, but decisive ones. In response genetic research and experimentation was conducted on captive demons and elite operatives alike. Boltz was a lethal weapon in both body and mind. Volunteering not only her tactical and combat prowess, Boltz volunteered her own life in search of a solution to the war. Initially researchers tried splicing genetic data from various creatures in order to improve Boltzís own abilities, yet every experiment resulted in Boltzís body rejecting the new DNA. Frustrated with the results, researchers tried a new approach. Instead of fusing her with demon DNA, they instead engineered a virus which would attack the human immune system and then rebuild the human body toÖ.. haphazardly predicted specifications. In both a medical and scientific marvel, the virus successfully incorporated itself into Boltzís body. The virus slightly increased the agility of itís victim but more importantly developed an unused part of the human brain which allowed telekinetic communication. The prospects of a tactical genius being able to mold her environment to her increased physical prowess excited the military high command.

Boltz made a mockery of combat ready tests and was hurriedly ushered into combat situation. Leading a small tactical group, Boltz was to secure a drop zone for a larger task force. With lethal precision Boltz accomplished her mission and returned for debriefing. Unfortunately the virus came with unexpected consequences. The use of her new abilities was not only taxing mentally at the time of use, but caused the virus to become more and more active. While under scientific supervision Boltz lost control of herself during a simple telekinetic exercise. When the security team arrived all they found were the twisted and contorted bodies. Further research came to the conclusion that telekinetic activity increased the virusís effect which deteriorates the immune system so much that the virus actually gains control of the body. The virus exerted so much telekinetic energy that it momentarily incapacitated itself, but fearing that it may actually control Boltz like a marionette, scientists inserted nanomachines which would retard the virus whenever Boltz began to overexert herself. She was combat ready again.

Boltz couldnít turn the war around by herself and similar operatives were few and far between due to the large majority of candidates who were weakened so much that they were killed by the common flu. A year has passed since the majority of demons left the planet and Boltz has proven herself time and time again as not only a ruthless operative, but as a charismatic and tactical genius. Because of her talents Boltz was assigned to construct a military stronghold in the heart of a once thriving city. Well armed and provided with excellent military personnel Boltz assumed her job would be quick and easy; she thought wrong. En route to her destination her supply column was swarmed. Quickly asserting herself, a defensive perimiter was constructed and the beasts were routed. As the men celebrated their victory they turned their congratulatory praisings to their commander, they wished they hadnít. Boltz dropped to her knees clutching her head and screaming. The nearest soldier ran to her side and was quickly flung into a nearby wall, his internal organs crushed by her psionic powers before he even smashed against the concrete bricks. The creatures began their attack once more, this time amidst the chaos. The timing was almost supernatural, the troops broke ranks and tried to flee. They died tired.

Waking up, Boltz quickly leaned over as a wave of nausea rolled over her and then proceeded to shake herself in order to stop the trembling which had possessed most of her body. Pulling her blonde hair back into a ponytail she stood up to her full 5í7 height and began to take in her surroundings. A woman was sleeping soundly in a chair beside her bed, she seemed completely exhausted. Boltz decided to keep a low profile until she discovered where she was and who she was with. Focusing intently, Boltz tried to envelope herself in an invisibility field. Nothing happened. Concentrating harder produced the same results. Eventually Boltz began to get dizzy and vomited again. The women finally woke up and called for help. Supporting Boltzís 120lb frame the woman gently returned her to bed. Two men with pistols entered the room and began quietly whispering something while nervously eyeing Boltz. A comforting moment, weak and sick, devoid of mental abilities and weapons, and surrounded by armed combatants who are just as likely to shoot her as they are to nurse her back to health. Consciousness quietly slipped away.

Name: Boltz

Basic Stats
Strength: 5
Tech: 10

Metric Stats
HP: 100
MP: 200

Melee Damage: (+50%)
Block: (+100%) 1 + 1

Gun Damage: (+100%) 9-12 + 9-12
Accuracy: (+20%)

Spell Power: +100%

Special:

Inventory
Slots: 15

Head:
Left Hand:
Right Hand: 9mm pistol
Torso: clothes
Feet:
Backpack:

Last edited by Ultra_punk on 06-08-2005 at 05:39 PM.
folder icon   05-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Post #9
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Spells

Charged Fist

Difficulty
Junk: 250
MP Cost: 5

Melee Damage: 4-5 Lightning (Air) Damage

Description: Charges your fist with an electrical charge to shock opponents

----------------------

Demon Orbs

Difficulty
Level: 2
MP Cost: 8

Melee Damage: 7-10 Fire Damage
Ranged Damage: 5-7 Fire Damage

Description: Creates a fireball in each hand that can be thrown

----------------------

Skin of Iron

Difficulty

+1 Block for battle

Description: Hardens the skin to an iron like quality.

----------------------

Demonic Grace

Difficulty

+2 Agility for battle

Description: Gives a person the quick speed of a demon.

----------------------

Good Eye

Difficulty
MP Cost: 10

+10% Gun Damage for battle
+10% Accuracy for battle

Description: Allows a person to see the weakest spot on a creature.

----------------------

Wilderness Survival

Difficulty
Junk: 750
MP Cost: 25

25% chance of finding food

Description: With the skills learned in survival techniques, out in the wild a character can attempt to forage for edible food.

Last edited by Ultra_punk on 05-07-2005 at 03:35 PM.
folder icon   05-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Post #10
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Game Concepts

Combat:
In combat, the defenders begin at point 0, and attackers begin at point 40. You can shift your point value between 0 and 40, by the value of your speed, per combat round.

Each round you may have each character fire a gun, swing a melee weapon, cast a spell, or use an item. All actions are calculated afterward, results are considered simultaneously done. Meaning, if say one of your characters dies during combat, his actions are still carried out.

Weapon Range:
At the weapon's specified range, you receive maximum damage. Outside of it's range, you receive -25% damage penalty. At its opposite range, you receive -50% damage penalty. If you switch weapons, the penalties due to this weapon are waived.

Long: distance of 30-40
Medium: distance of 11-29
Short: distance of 0-9

Leveling Up
You require 100 exp for the first level up and it doubles thereafter. Every level up earns you 5 basic stat points.

Compound Level
Your compound level is dependent on your population. Hold your population dear for these are the few survivors of the war. Higher levels means increased access to quests you are able to undertake.

Backpack
Your number of slots refers to your backpack and not your equipped items. The number of items that can fit into your backpack is determined by your slot count. Slot count is mainly determined by strength.

Double Weapons
You may yield two weapons at once and fire them both in the same battle turn. However, for guns you will lose half your accuracy for the first gun and three quarters of your accuracy with your second gun. For melee weapons, you will lose half the damage from your first weapon and three quarters the damage from your second weapon.

Certain abilities will reduce these penalties.

Last edited by Ultra_punk on 05-08-2005 at 02:17 PM.
folder icon   05-03-2005, 06:43 PM
Post #11
Altherak

Tauren

sweetness, here i go

Portrait: See my Avatar
Bio: Jaden Mortagon was in his senior year when the catastrophe happened. In his city he was one of the few that was able to raise a defense to keep the inhabitants safe. Before he use to go to the rifle range and shoot his .22 caliber rifle and his Desert Eagle. He was so good at shooting he won the Juniors Nationalsa three years in a row. He was also the Senior Patrol Leader of his large scout troop and was an Eagle Scout with all of the awards and merit badges possible for him. His scout training helped him to effectively lead and construct the beginning of the compound. Although he is older now, he is a force to be reckoned with in battle and in running the city.

Name: Jaden Mortagon

Basic Stats

Metric Stats

Melee Damage: 200%
Parry Rate: 5%
Block: 50%

Gun Damage: 150%
Accuracy: 30%
Range:

Spell Power: 50%

Special:

Wilderness Survival: Due to Jaden's scout training he can survive in the wild longer than others can. He can track animals and make makeshift weapons and shelters. (Passive)

Good Eye: Increases Jaden's accuracy and damage by letting him hit the weakest spot in a creature. (Not Passive)

Inventory
Slots:

Head:
Left Hand:
Right Hand:
Torso:
Feet:
Backpack:

Can I start with a .35 caliber rifle and 1 or 2 Uzis?

Last edited by Altherak on 05-05-2005 at 08:55 PM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-03-2005, 06:48 PM
Post #12
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Ah right okay... here's how it will go.

5 points in every basic stat
15 free points

Strength:
backpack has 10 slots + 1/strength
+10% melee damage
20 hp/strength

Agility
1% parry rate per agility
+10% block per agility
1 speed + 1 speed/agility

Magic
+20 mp per magic
+10% spell power per magic

Tech
+10% gun damage per tech
+2% accuracy per tech

----

Melee attacks always hit (but can be parried) thus no accuracy.

You start off at class nothing.
You will also have no inventory. You can instead request stuff, and give a outline of the item u want to start with.
You'll have 1000 junk at the beginning.

Last edited by Ultra_punk on 05-03-2005 at 07:15 PM.
folder icon   05-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Post #13
Altherak

Tauren

so does that mean our starting strength and magic are determined by what stats we choose?

Also what do we do about compunds?

Last edited by Altherak on 05-03-2005 at 07:57 PM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-03-2005, 09:02 PM
Post #14
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Yes, your basic stats are affected by what you choose.

All compounds start the same, so you dont need to do anything about it.

folder icon   05-03-2005, 09:12 PM
Post #15
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Okay a number of things...

You have 1000 Junk to spend on inventory items, the stuff you request, i will invent into the item list.
Think of...
-weapons
-armour
-magical stuff
-spare equipment

You start at level 1, so if i make up an item and give a level higher than 1, that means i say you cant have it right away.

Since i am not a super godly weapons expert, you can openly dispute the ratings i give to well known guns.

folder icon   05-04-2005, 12:13 AM
Post #16
the 1 eyed fool

Assassin

Portrait:
Bio: Will delve into later

Name: George "Blitz" Tinkham

Experience: 0

Basic Stats
Tech: 5

Metric Stats

Melee Damage: 100%
Parry Rate: 10%
Block: 100%

Gun Damage: 50%
Accuracy: 10%
Range: ~

Speed:

Spell Power: 100%

Special: The "Thunder Smack": George charges his metal Gauntlet full of electricity using his new found magic powers to deliver a powerfull blow at a single opponent.

Inventory
Slots:

Head: Nothing
Left Hand: A Large metal gaunt insulated in rubber
Right Hand:
Torso: Clothes
Feet: Clothes
Backpack: A nice brown average backpack.

Name:

Resources
Junk:
Population:
Level:

Structures
Resources:
Food:
Defences:
Factories:
Faction Buildings:

Here is an item template

Only list stats applicable to item.

Name: Metal Gauntlet and other hand

value
Junk: -no clue-
Slots: 0

Melee Damage: What you find Appliable

Gun Damage:
Accuracy:

Block: ?Not sure? Block percent? or how much that needs to be blocked.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-04-2005, 08:02 AM
Post #17
Ultra_punk

Administrator

You guys will need to give me a name for your compound as well.

The percentages are bonus percent of the item you are using. So if you have +100% block, you arent blocking 100% of the damage you suffer, you just block twice as much as normal.

Last edited by Ultra_punk on 05-04-2005 at 05:57 PM.
folder icon   05-04-2005, 06:02 PM
Post #18
Ultra_punk

Administrator

I'll wait til a few more show up before i start to cook up the beef.

folder icon   05-04-2005, 07:53 PM
Post #19
Pellanor

Administrator

Okay, Ultra, I have a few questions for you, before I finish off my character.
You said that the demons were at war with the humans for years, right? Are there any kind of Human/Demon crossbreeds that emerged from this time (could be from demons taking human prisoners, Succubi type demons suducing humans, human expirimentation on captured demons, etc...)? I'm not looking for any kind of "Uber Demon" character or anything like that, it just makes for good backstory

So each of us has our own compound that we control, and a character that controls it, or what? Are we just starting a new compound, or are our characters starting in a already existant compound, and we end up working our way to the top, or what?

anyways, I'll post up my character, and make some changes based on what you say.

Portrait: Stolen from a Deviant Artist whose work I like.

Bio: Neil was born into the Guild. His father was a prominent guild member and doctor, and his mother was a half-Succumbi, one of the unfortunate reminders of the Demonic war. His father, called Doc by his peers, was responsible for attempting to determine the effects that the demonic heritage were having on Celes. They spent the majority of each day together, and eventually fell in love. Neil was the result of their love.
Neil was born, a fast child with a gift for magic. He did not appear to have any demonic powers, at least on the outside, though medical examination determined that he was, in fact, not fully human. His unique heritage gave him some adavatages over other children. He was naturally graceful, and was able to shape magic in ways that others would have though impossible. When wounded, he would quickly heal, and he almost never got sick.
As Neil grew up, and began to study magic in earnest, he discovered that the easiest way for him to work his spells was to use his demonic heritage to channel the mystic energies. While he tended to have more difficulty with convencianal spells then other students did, for overal magical prowess he was at the top of his class.
As he started to reach maturity, other aspects of his demonic heritage began to be revealed. His demonic heritage gave him particulairly good looks, and he seemed to almost radiate an aura of charisma. This made him very popular with the ladies, and most of the guy never got jealous, and considered him to be a good friend.
When not studying magic, or wooing the ladies, Neil liked to explore the compound. One day, he came accross an old guitar, and procceded to fix it up. He began practising guitar rather then exploring, and soon became rather skilled. He found that playing the guitar helped him relax, and so he would often play when he got stuck on a particulairly difficult magical problem. His Guitar skills just added to his popularity with the ladies.

This brings us to preasent day, where Neil has just graduated from his studies in the Guild, and is preparing to make a life for himself.

Name: Neil Gunhold ($10 for anybody who can tell me where I stole this name from)
Class: N/A

Basic Stats
Strength: 7
Magic: 12
Tech: 6
Charisma: 18

Metric Stats
HP: 140
MP: 240

Melee Damage: +70%
Parry Rate: 10%
Block: +100%

Gun Damage: +60%
Accuracy: +12%
Range:

Spell Power: +120%

Special:
Demonic Grace: 300 J, 1 lvl, 5 MP, +2 Agility for Battle
Gives a person the quick speed of a demon.

Inventory
Slots: 12/17

Head: Red Hair
Left Hand: Knife
Right Hand: Pistol
Torso: Brown Leather Vest
Feet: Sturdy, Comfortable, but Fashionable Walking shoes
Backpack: Guitar

Gear:
9mm Pistol: 200 J, - lvl, 1 S, 9-12 dmg, 25% acc, shrt rng
Boot Knife: 100 J, - lvl, 1 S, 4-7 dmg
Guitar: 400 J, - lvl, 3 S

Modified Skills (takes stats into account):
Demonic Grace: 5 MP, +4 agility (+4% parry, +40% Block, +4 speed)
9mm Pistol: 14-19 dmg, 37% acc, shrt rng
Boot Knife: 6-11 dmg

SC2 ID: Pellanor - 760
LoL Summoner Name: Pellanor
Last edited by Pellanor on 05-06-2005 at 11:45 AM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-04-2005, 08:05 PM
Post #20
Altherak

Tauren

Name: Calathem

Resources
Population: ?
Level: ?

Structures
Resources: ?
Food: ?
Defences: ?
Factories: ?
Faction Buildings: ?

my city, i hve no i dead what to put down where my question marks are

folder icon   05-04-2005, 08:09 PM
Post #21
Ultra_punk

Administrator

You just need to give me the name for the compound, ill take care of the rest.

folder icon   05-05-2005, 04:36 AM
Post #22
Chaotica

Blademaster

Portrait: Coming later
Bio: See above

Name: Valen Ironbreaker
Class: none

Basic Stats
Strength: 13
Tech: 7

Metric Stats
HP: 260

Melee Damage: +130%
Parry Rate: +10%
Block: +100%

Gun Damage: +70%
Accuracy: +14%
Range: ?

Special:
Skin of Iron: Valen has endured nearly all extreme conditions druing his life and so his body has become very resilient. Gets bonus natural armor.

Specialized Fighter: Having fought many battles hand to hand, he gained a lot of experience in fighting close combat. Gets a bonus in melee combat.

Wisdom: Though not the most intelligent man, he does have an instinctive wisdom in making decisions and logical explanations.

Inventory
Slots: 23

Head:
Left Hand:
Right Hand:
Torso:
Feet:
Backpack:

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-05-2005, 11:40 AM
Post #23
Pellanor

Administrator

made a couple quick changes. Switched Magic and Agility scores, and recalculated their relevant stats.

Now a question for you. You say that the deamon orbs cost 500 junk. Does that mean that I pay 500 of my starting 1000 junk in order to know that spell with this character?

Also, are you going to do stats for the Charaismatic Aura and Demonic grace ability?

For demonic grace I'm looking for a self-only stat booster, something like 5 mana for +2 to agility for a short duration, or something simulair.

Oh yeah, and compound name: Watershine.

Last edited by Pellanor on 05-05-2005 at 11:50 AM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Post #24
Chaotica

Blademaster

I'll call my compound Underworld.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-05-2005, 06:12 PM
Post #25
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Yeah, i will do those abilities.

The cost of the spell must be paid for with your starting cash.

You might wish to drop the charisma stuff other than as a description because i have no real ingame way to make it fair that you are more charismatic than the next guy.

Last edited by Ultra_punk on 05-05-2005 at 06:19 PM.
folder icon   05-05-2005, 06:35 PM
Post #26
Phantom X

Tauren

Goodness this looks sweet. Ultra you've outdone yourself (yes I really like DnD or any related stat RPG-like-ish things). I will now make sure and try to and outdo Pell in trying to most effectively take advantage of your stat system .

Name: Tank "The Tank" McCloud
Class: None

Compound Name: Blackwater Creek (is in fact near a creek)

Appearance: At 5'10" 210 pounds, Tank is not really fat, but is a little on the heavy side (apparently no matter how much or little he eats). Other than that he is pure scottish blood, compact, with dark brown hair, a short beard , green eyes and a taste for casual clothing and picking off beasties from afar.

Stats

Melee Damage: +100%
Parry Rate: 5%
Block: +50%

Gun Damage: 18-22 +150%
Accuracy: 35% + 30%

Inventory

Slots:

Head: Old Green Bay Packers cap (family heirloom)
Left Hand: nothing
Right Hand: 0.35 caliber rifle.
Torso: Light green shirt.
Legs/Feet: Grey sweatpants (of the future ) with the leather sheath containing a boot knife sown onto them.
Backpack: A small black backpack that is usually partially open and contains some food and a little Cairn Terrier named Cairn (little, grey, perky, uncombed, stays in the backpack and sometimes sticks its head out).

P.S. Would a cute and otherwise mostly useless terrier cost much? Oh and is that a functional sign up?

*STOP READING NOW*

Only applies for participating chimps, biting chimps may cause cancer or liver failure, as well as several other unknown side effects.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   05-05-2005, 07:16 PM
Post #27
Ultra_punk

Administrator

If it's functionless, then alright, dont need to buy it. But you also cant sell him either then.

Are you wishing any of the clothing you're wearing to actually give armour value?

folder icon   05-05-2005, 08:55 PM
Post #28
Altherak

Tauren

i updated my character with some special abilities

folder icon   05-06-2005, 12:44 AM
Post #29
Phantom X

Tauren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra_punk
Are you wishing any of the clothing you're wearing to actually give armour value?

If I can get it sure....in which case tell me what kind of armor he's wearing so I can alter the clothing accordingly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra_punk
If it's functionless, then alright, dont need to buy it. But you also cant sell him either then.

How much would it cost for Cairn to start barking a lot when he smells a monster (using his acute doggy senses of course).

*STOP READING NOW*

Only applies for participating chimps, biting chimps may cause cancer or liver failure, as well as several other unknown side effects.
folder icon   05-06-2005, 11:42 AM
Post #30
Pellanor

Administrator

Question for you Ultra:

Demons Orbs are lvl 2, which means I can't start with them, right?
They have a melee damage of 7-10. That would get +120% from my magic power, correct? Would that also get a +70% from my melee damage? So would the total damage (assuming that I could use them right now) be 20-29?
They have a Ranged Damage of 5-7. Now they have no range or accuracy listed, so does that mean that they automatically hit at any range? If not, does that mean that my bonus to Gun Accuracy and Gun damage would apply (making it a general ranged accuracy and ranged damage)?

Something else I've noticed, with spells. I have 240 mana. The most expensive level 1 spell costs 10 mana and lasts for an entire battle. Even my level 2 spell costs only 8, which means I could uses it 30 times before running out of mana. Does that mean that we are just starting with way more mana then we'll actually need, and it doesn't actually increase that much as we level up? Or does it mean that Mana isn't very easy to recover? Or both?

How do we learn new spells? They all have a junk cost, so does that mean that the character just sits down, expirments with some crap, and eventually comes up with a new spell, or doe you have to hire sombody to teach you, or what?

folder icon   05-06-2005, 09:06 PM
Post #31
Ultra_punk

Administrator

Level 2 cant start with them.

The damage caused by your spell is completely guided by your magic rating.

Mana and HP are very high, but its meant for long excursions where food restores mana and hp. Once you run low on food, this becomes problematic and then you'll wish u had more hp and mp, or had been more careful. That is at least what im aiming for. For the beginning, u shouldnt die and just get the hang of the game before you are allowed to go onto big excursions or big missions.

You have to pay the junk value for your starting spells.

You learn new spells by way of roleplaying so that means...
-a merchant may be selling the knowledgeof the spell in your compound, or elsewhere
-you may gain the knowledge of a spell from a mission somehow
-you may gain a scroll of the spell from a slain monster as loot or loot in some other manner

-------

PhantomX

Alright, i'll have to make your clothing cost money.

I will make a barking cairn cost something like 500 junk. He would be rather like a magical item, if hes able to sense out enemies.

folder icon   05-06-2005, 10:14 PM
Post #32
Ultra_punk

Administrator

I posted up your characters nad compounds. Please check for any errors in your profile, as it'll cause lots of problems later on if i made one and i didnt notice.

I dont have compound names for Pellanor and 1eyed, either im blind or u didnt post it.

Any left over junk u didnt spend for your character goes to your compound.

folder icon   05-06-2005, 10:48 PM
Post #33
Altherak

Tauren

you forgot my wilderness survival, my character is an eagle scout, therefore you would assume he is good at living in the outdoors

folder icon   05-07-2005, 11:38 AM
Post #34
Phantom X

Tauren

Ok I'm buying clothing with the 50 junk I have left. I do have a question though. What kind of clothing is used commonly in this apocalyptic future?

Oh and if I can I want to buy a Junk Shop and of course Cairn's ability (what type of monsters are a good choice for his ability?) with my compound's 1000 junk.

*STOP READING NOW*

folder icon   05-07-2005, 12:03 PM
Post #35
Altherak

Tauren

ultra, what are factories for?

Return to Top  Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page