newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

HOTON SIGNUPS  
folder icon   09-15-2006, 02:50 PM
HOTON SIGNUPS Post #1
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

um...yeah, read the HOTON thread, (its a sticky) and then report here with questions.

we will start sunday, whenever i get my ass up.

Я ни псих или героя

Listen to my words. Fear not for I am an Angel, I Love you and I will guide you. ~ Malkavian Bible

"I am only a Product of your Necessity"
~ Jack The Prophet, The Book of Jack
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-15-2006, 06:51 PM
Post #2
Darkassasinr

Tauren

I'll play, tell me exactly what you need me to put down and I'll do as told.

folder icon   09-16-2006, 12:38 AM
Post #3
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

CHARACTER SHEET

name (must end with A if male, and VI if female

age (must be at least twelve (at which case you are not yet an adult) (must be a maximum of sixty, at which case you are a wiser )
12-22 gives you a plus one to con and dex
22-50 gives you a plus 1 to personality and mind strength
50+ gives you plus two personality and mind strength, but -one dex and con

gender (stated with name)

relationships (brothers, sisters, lovers...ect)

motives (not neccessariiliy for the QUEST, just what makes you do what you do (ie; HOTON killed your father, so you want HOTON dead....thus your motive is vengeance)

class (see sticky thread)

Race (only one currently availible)

GOD; JIAK (god of water, feminine powers, magic, magic protection fertilization, guide of the lost
GON (the earth itself, masculine powers, physiscal strength, protection of the elements, animals/plants, the keeper of life
HOTON (Grim reaper, eater of souls, living damnation ect....grim reaper )
gods are used to worship for favors and such

totem spirit;
WaterWitch--represents hate of life, grants you the apearance of being dead
OTTER--lake otter, represents joy, gants you +1 personality
SigKI (fox)--represents children, grants you +5 vs desease
AGON (bear)--represents the earth itself, grants you a +1 strength
Tosa (mind)--represents insanity, grants you -2 sanity, +3 mind strength
Bora (body)--represents sickness, grants you +5 vs poison
OWL--represents the night, and trickery, can 1/night read the stars (ask me ONE yes/no question.)

hight

weight

trade/profession

alignment

ADDED

tribe: Lake tribe. River tribe. Waterfall tribe.

lake tribe survives by fishing, generally worship JIAK, and are ruled by their priest (witch) Xa (nothing/empty man, prounced EX-AH) who is really a women dressed as and treated as a man. the temple of worship is a seventeen foot tall empty turtle shell buried three feet into the water. your patron animal is the OTTEr who eats the SEA DEVILS (jelly fish) so your people can fish with nets in safety

River TRibe is a warrior people, and also the biggest tribe, the men and boys hunt while the women and girls fish the river. their WarChief is OKRO (Oh-kroe, meaning King of the War) he is a fiearce and young man, carrying with him teh flaws of young rulers, OKRO keeps a herem of six women with him at all times, each women is a deadly fighter. the patron animal is the BOAR, who to your people are the fiearcest warrirors in the jungle...and are teh size of a horse...the boar is never eaten, but rather allowed to wander the village.
your temple is a seventty foot mound of dirt with a young tree growing on top.
generally worship GON

Waterfall tribe live at the top of a three hundred foot waterfall, your temple is actually the waterfall itself, you are a hunting people, and as such are experts at tracking. your ruler is a TRIBAL CHIEF; UNO (oo-noe, which means TRaveling King) he is old and kind, and very wise. also this is the only tribe with a HOLY MAN (insane man raised by monkies)...
worship either JIAK or GON

what you look like

and finally, any unusual charactor traits or flaws (we can discuss benifits and penalties in thhis thread)

Я ни псих или героя

Listen to my words. Fear not for I am an Angel, I Love you and I will guide you. ~ Malkavian Bible

Last edited by jackdaw on 09-16-2006 at 01:29 AM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-16-2006, 01:19 AM
Post #4
Urin_BloodfaceII

Demi-God

I want to join, but ive never joined a rpg before. If you can give me a link to the basics it would be great.

folder icon   09-16-2006, 01:36 AM
URIN Post #5
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

the basics of RPG games are thus;

the random aspect of life is controlled by the rolling of dic, in this case i will roll when neccesary.

instead of moving a peice across a board like in chess, you simply control the Character as if you were the caracter.
example:
"I" am the MASTER, so i decide everything yoou dont, such as;

"you awake to the sound of horse hooves all around you, it is dark, dust is in the air and you cannot see."

then everyone says what their Character does...then i say what happends...ect.

for combat you all take turns... ONE round is when all perticipating CREATURES have given their actions, then it repeats in that order.

all the little details are in the "HOTON" thread (sticky thread in the RPG forum) if you have any more questions, ask them in the thread as i do not use my private messageing.

bassically you are make believing to be someone else...except there are rules.

hope that helped

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-16-2006, 02:58 PM
Post #6
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

THIS IS YOUR FRIENDLY 24 HOUR REMINDER
the game starts tomorrow

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-17-2006, 01:09 AM
Post #7
Darkassasinr

Tauren

CHARACTER SHEET

name: Luciana

relationships: One little brother named Xana. A pair of twin Uncles, Zeba and Kama.
motives: At an early age Luciana's parents were lost to him, he seeks to find the cause of their disappearance.

class: Bear

Race: Sakin

GOD:
GON (the earth itself, masculine powers, physiscal strength, protection of the elements, animals/plants, the keeper of life)

totem spirit:
AGON (bear)--represents the earth itself, grants you a +1 strength

height: 6'0"

weight: 240 lbs

trade/profession: Tracker

alignment: Neutral

Tribe: Waterfall tribe

Appearance : Peircing blue eyes feral as the wild its self, dark, rugged, but rather short beard that suffices to suppliment the look of the wilderness in his eyes. Short, spikey hair that is slightly lighter than his beard. Thick arms and thick fingers, Broad at the shoulders with a barrel chest.

Character Traits: Luciana pursues justice with a fervor that is unrelenting, he seeks true balance and doesnt like to be judged. Luciana is also rather unsure of himself at times, he seeks purpose in life and doesnt know how to find it. A philosopher of sorts, he is constantly seeking the perspectives of others to refine his own point of view. He is cautious, slow to trust others, and keeps to himself; Which makes for an odd dichotomy, for he is very curious and has many questions for which he seeks answers.

folder icon   09-17-2006, 01:57 AM
Post #8
Bryndon

Chaos Blademaster

Urk’A

Male

Relationships: fairly large family structure: mother, father, younger brother (12 years old), several cousins.

Motives: Curiosity

Class: Boar.

Human?

Worships Jiak.

totem spirit; OTTER--lake otter, represents joy, gants you +1 personality

6’1”

80kg?

nominally a Hunter, but spends the majority of his time poking around in the bushes trying to find something shiny or interesting to investigate.

Neutral Good

Waterfall Tribe
(live at the top of a three hundred foot waterfall, your temple is actually the waterfall itself, you are a hunting people, and as such are experts at tracking. your ruler is a TRIBAL CHIEF; UNO (oo-noe, which means TRaveling King) he is old and kind, and very wise. also this is the only tribe with a HOLY MAN (insane man raised by monkies)...
worship either JIAK or GON)

Urka has grey skin, blue eyes and red hair (this is mostly paint and berry juice). A man of average build and athletic ability, much given to wearing feathers or furs from brightly coloured animals. More than a few dead leaves are hanging around his loin cloth. He puts them on while they're brightly coloured, and forgets to take them off when they're faded.

Urk’a is not a crazy man. Nor was he raised by monkeys. You could be forgiven for assuming he was exactly that, however. Urk’a took his emulation of the Otter totem to the next level, allowing joy for life to completely drown his psyche in an overwhelming desire to explore the beauty of the natural world so he can get to grips with just what it is he’s getting so excited about.

Inventory:

Spear

Small Shield

___

STATS:

strength 12 (1)
dexterity 13 (1)
constitution 14 (2)
MS 10 (0)
Saneity 10 (0)
personality 14 (2)

Last edited by Bryndon on 09-17-2006 at 06:58 PM.
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-17-2006, 03:26 AM
Post #9
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

STATS

for a boar,

strength 10 (0)
dexterity 10 (0)
constitution 13 (1)
MS 10 (0)
Saneity 10 (0)
personality 10 (0)

plus you get x amount of freebie points to spend on this
(see HOTON thread)

exactly the same for the bear, except the Strength and the Con are swtiched...with the spine its the Dex that is 13

the HOTON thread also stats speicial abilitities and such...so yeah.

(its a sticky)

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Post #10
Darkassasinr

Tauren

Luciana's Stats:

STATS

strength 18
dexterity 10
constitution 13
MS 11
Saneity 11
personality 10

I think that's my starting stats + the 10 free points to spend, let me know if I did anything wrong.

folder icon   09-17-2006, 06:59 PM
Post #11
Bryndon

Chaos Blademaster

Updated my stats. Can I get a warning bird in my starting package?

folder icon   09-17-2006, 08:48 PM
Post #12
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

yes, you can have a warning bird, but it fly away if kept in a cage, only its Insect Larvae, and the cage is two feet tall and 2 feet wide; it must be carried.

you CANNOT name it; to do so is blasemphemy...the onlly thing you can do without angering the spirits is feed it, carry it, and let it do its own thing..

PS they dont sleep, but their song is extremely peaceful...and only stops when trouble is coming.
not eniemies, trouble, an enemy could walk right through your camp, but if he just passes through without INTENT of trouble (stealing, murder...ect) the cooing stops.

so yeah, all yours.

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-18-2006, 09:56 AM
Post #13
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

Well, seeing as how Jackdaw's the greatest storyteller this forum has ever seen, I shall not pass up this opportunity! However, I must warn you, this is very different from the highly narrative, rule-less Sea'thus . I've never played a single game of DnD in my life, so I may make some hopelessly newb mistakes! Please bear with me .

I'd play a character more my age, but we can't have EVERYONE being warriors in their twenties, now can we?

Name: Iskada

Relationships: Mother and father

Motives: He is filled with a youthful enthusiasm, and his young heart compells him to seek adventure beyond the confines of a village that he feels is rapidly growing smaller as he grows older.

Class: ASHADE

GOD: GON (the earth itself, masculine powers, physiscal strength, protection of the elements, animals/plants, the keeper of life
HOTON (Grim reaper, eater of souls, living damnation ect....grim reaper )

Totem: OTTER--lake otter, represents joy, gants you +1 personality

Height: 5'2”

Weight: I actually have no idea >_____<

Trade/Profession: Spellcasting prodigy and Mischief-maker

Alignment: good

Tribe: RIVER

Appearance: Stout, but broad-shouldered for his age (due to plenty of tree-climbing, among other things). He has dark, intelligent eyes, and a mouth that can smile easily.

Character Traits: Slightly cocky because of his abilities, Iskada is nonetheless a well brought-up kid, and understands black from white and right from wrong. But he is too young to completely understand the grey matter in between. Because of his age, he has little experience with the harsher aspects of life. He idolizes the heroes of his tribe, and dreams of being as great as them some day. As such, he is idealistic, and is willing to take people at their word and give them the benefit of the doubt.

Strength 10 (0)
Dexterity 12 (1)
Constitution 12 (1)
Mind Strength 15 (2)
Sanity 12 (1)
Personality 16 (3)

A couple more questions- I take it I'm fighting fisticuffs, then? Also, I'm not sure how combat/using special abilities in relation to XP goes. o_0

I'll try and go with the flow .

EDIT: Updated my stats

Last edited by -G R U N T- on 09-21-2006 at 11:59 AM.
folder icon   09-18-2006, 01:16 PM
Post #14
~Crusader~

Ranger

Mailpouch on Burning Legion

Hopefully its not too late! I'm a bit of a nub with RPGs and such so bear with me.

CHARACTER SHEET

Name: Veraka

22-50 gives you a plus 1 to personality and mind strength

Relationships: 3 brothers: Veena, Vieka, and Vowerka. Aged mother: Sinvi

Motives: Loyal to the tribe, willing to sacrifice for the needs of the people. Extremely filial and wishes to find out his father's strange absense or death.

Class: Spine

GOD; GON (the earth itself, masculine powers, physiscal strength, protection of the elements, animals/plants, the keeper of life

totem spirit;
Tosa (mind)--represents insanity, grants you -2 sanity, +3 mind strength

Height: 6'3

Weight: 215 lb

Trade/Profession: Crafting tools/weapons from natural objects.

Alignment: Lawful Good

ADDED

Tribe: River tribe.

River Tribe is a warrior people, and also the biggest tribe, the men and boys hunt while the women and girls fish the river. their WarChief is OKRO (Oh-kroe, meaning King of the War) he is a fiearce and young man, carrying with him teh flaws of young rulers, OKRO keeps a herem of six women with him at all times, each women is a deadly fighter. the patron animal is the BOAR, who to your people are the fiearcest warrirors in the jungle...and are teh size of a horse...the boar is never eaten, but rather allowed to wander the village.
your temple is a seventty foot mound of dirt with a young tree growing on top.
generally worship GON

what you look like: Long black hair usually pulled back and tied into a knot that sits at the base of his skull, dark copper skin tone; both hereditary and from being outdoors much of his life. Lacks any facial hair. Green eyes that seem to be clouded, wide shoulders and arms, muscular but not as built as his typical tribe male. Suffered from a skin disease that affected his eyes leaving scars on his cheek, ashamed of this he paints the skin around his eyes and down his cheeks with an extract from a plant. The design is a simple long upside-down triangle where the tips almost touch his upper lip.

and finally, any unusual charactor traits or flaws: Poor eyesight a result of the skin disease he had when he was young. Strong conscience which helps him either justify his actions, or shame him, something which he takes great resentment to. Judges himself very harshly.

Stats (Please correct if wrong/doesn't make sense).
Strength 13 (1)
Dexterity 13 (1)
Constitution 12 (1)
Mind Strength 13 (1)
Sanity 9 (0)
Personality 11 (0)

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-18-2006, 05:02 PM
Post #15
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

this is a reminder!

go the the HOTON thread (its a sticky) and look up your special abilities/spells

you have 100 xp points to buy these abilities; or you can save up your xp to level up every 100 xp.

spell casters are useless without spells

oh yes...i'm posting how poision and desease works there.

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Post #16
-G R U N T-

Grunt
Site Staff

So is that +2MS AND +2 personality for Ashades? o_0

I'm newb, so I dont know if I can survive with just my starting healing/poison sap abilities . Do I need to purchase new spells now?

folder icon   09-18-2006, 06:02 PM
Post #17
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

yes, as an ashade your mind is more shielded then most, and you have a faint drift of insanity; which gives you luck in public relations (personality)

i would get at least the vine spell thing, that way you can be offensive, also, keep in mind you are currently the only healer, and thus may be more valueble with the flower thing.

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-18-2006, 11:40 PM
Post #18
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

CONTACT ME FOR PRIVATE QUESTIONS

AOL: CatoBlackCrow

Yahoo: chaoscreator22

E-mail: jackdaw22@yahoo.com

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   09-22-2006, 12:01 AM
Post #19
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

UPDATE

at level ten your class will UPGRADE into a more powerful variant, and again at level 20, however you abandon this pattern for classes you UNLOCK at anytime after you've unlocked them

all of these classes also upgrade every ten levels starting at when you take them

some abilities you gain will be free and not needed to be purchased with XP...these abilities vary based on your alignment.

example

ASHADE = OSHADA = TREE CHILD

WITCH = PRIEST/PRIESTESS = TEMPLAR

SPINE = CLOAK = CROWNED

BEAR = GRIZZLED = SUN CHILD

BOAR = CHARGER = BARRICADE

example of unlocked classes

DECEIVER = DEVIANT

PRESERVED SOUL = SCARAB

MAURADER = GLADIATER

SOLDIER = VETERAN

HUNTER = NIGHT STALKER

there are others

note that the unlocked classes only have one evolution.

yeah, any questions?

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   06-02-2009, 08:37 AM
Post #20
daisy
Banned

In the branche "Dr Horton" in Las Vegas, Nevada 2 companies are listed. Dr Horton in Las Vegas is rated as avrg. good. If you are the owner of "Dr Horton" signup here and start your company press release room for free and get in touch with the Las Vegas- people. If you are a Las Vegas-citizen, please write about your experiences about Dr Horton in the Dr Horton-Blog or the Dr Horton-Forum.
-------------
www.wasserbettenhife.com
internet business

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   06-04-2009, 11:47 AM
Post #21
Kjell Thusaud

War Chief

Micky Mouse on Crack

A chickbot?

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
Return to Top  

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: