ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > General Discussion > RPG Forum > Synd and BrimStone; information and signups
Search this Thread:

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Synd and BrimStone; information and signups  
folder icon   09-30-2006, 01:44 AM
Synd and BrimStone; information and signups Post #1
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

i worked my ass off on this, and some aspects are still in progress...

unlike other RPGs, you do not build your own charactor, but rather choose from 1 of 10 premade charactors.

their will be TEN unlockable charactors; unlocking them passes them on to each new round.

each caractor is COMPLETELY different with different powers and different methods of using them.

the setting is in a BorderLine Neo city. it is ran by the beloved organization SYND. it is the size of Chicago, but every structure is atleats THREE storys high. most are about 12.

there are no holidays, no public gatherings unless directed by SYND, and basically completely safe and peaceful...except...

a underground resistance has arrisen claiming atrocious accusations against SYND...war is tearing the city apart...and many innocent blaim the SYNDICATE (the reistance) for their troubles.

all advanced technoligy is created in SYND LABS, hidden in the HQ, selling and marketing of more then the most docile of firearms is illegal and require strict liscensing.

narcotics are illegal, and punished by public lashing

carrying a weapon in openview is illeagal, and punished by questioning and possible execution

ALL vehicles must be registered, and all properties must be Reregistered once a year.

there is a monthly draft of 8 men (and women)

arrests are made almost daily

i dont know what else to tell you, ask please.

heres too charactoers for you...

Я ни псих или героя

Listen to my words. Fear not for I am an Angel, I Love you and I will guide you. ~ Malkavian Bible

"I am only a Product of your Necessity"
~ Jack The Prophet, The Book of Jack
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-30-2006, 01:45 AM
Post #2
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

Melancholy
Female
5’10
124 LBS
Weapon of Choice;
Nemesis—a 13 shot sniper rifle with adjustable scope and armor-piercing ammunition. It is home designed and built by Melancholy’s brother; Cain. The Nemesis deals 30 damage on hit and 70 on a headshot. One bullet may be fired per 2 dexterity, and four rounds must be spent aiming on a stationary biological target for a head shot…that is the poor bastard cant be moving around, and must have the brains to lose.

Secondary
Biclops—duel 9 shot Standard Issue (SI) Pistols. They are light, accurate, and reliable. Two shots may be fired from each per 1 Dexterity, and each hit deals 3 damage. Uses standard bullets, but as an optional Laser Scope built in.

Miscellaneous
EMP grenade—sends a 10foot pulse of electro magnetic energy that permanently knocks out electronics. Semi-electronics (like a cyborg for example) are Non-Operational for ONE Hour. Melancholy begins with 3 EMP grenades. Deals NO damage.

Switchblade—just what it implies; a nine inch dagger with black steel to hide in the moonlight. Deals 1+strength damage.

Noxious Smoke Bomb—a homemade device that is used like a grenade. The fumes do not kill or even injure, but rather, instantly knocks everything that breathes in a 15foot spread unconscious for 10 minutes. Melancholy begins with six of NSB.

Self-Employed Assassin; works alone against Organization Synd
Stealth Specialty

LIFE: 70
ARMOR: 2 (second hand vest)
Strength: 3
Dexterity: 6
Speed: 60

TIPS:
In most situations Melancholy is only good for one on one combat; no better then a well-fought veteran. But when her Insanity meter rises, She becomes quite capable of crippling or even killing mast numbers of foes. She is utterly useless against Machines. It is recommended to take advantage of Range.
Her greatest benefit is that her brother held a weapon/Ammo stash in the attic of the bar she now owns; this gives Melancholy virtually unlimited access to ammo and other misc. items. Further more, this gives her a source of income.

INSANITY
The powers invested in Melancholy come from the mental struggle of sadism. She has subliminal desires to make others suffer and often these urges compel her to do so. She is 27 and has been killing off friends and strangers alike since age fourteen. Every time She deals FIFTEEN points of damage (even if over time or spread between many foes) Melancholy acquires ONE Insanity point. When the gauge reaches Max (20) she becomes utterly psychotic and deals out vicious Attacks against the biological body. These attacks have no effect on anything that lacks a pulse, and some have other necessary Requirements to their use.
With every ability used the meter drops according to the COST of the ability, when the meter reaches ZERO or the battle ends, the Psychotic Episode ends instantly; if the battle ends before the meter runs out, the meter freezes where it last was. Every round Melancholy MUST use an ability or the effect ends instantly and the meter reverts to ZERO.

NEMESIS POWERS
Spinal Tap—sears the entire body in pain causes them to be completely paralyzed for 1d4+3 rounds. These feat deals 20 damage, and costs 4 Insanity Points (IP) +2 IP for each additional target.

Caustic Blood—these turns multiple targets blood into temporary Acid; dealing 30 damage and costing 3IP+1IP for every additional target. The targets must be within 100’ and visible

Comatose—by touching an UNAWARE target in the head, you may not them into a coma for ONE hour. This costs 2 IP

Rend the Flesh—the flesh of a victim within 30 feet and in sight literally rips open dealing 60 damage to the target. This costs 5 IP

Hollowed Bones—this ability crumbles the bones of a touched limb, making the arm useless until medically repaired. It only works on arms and legs, deals 15 damage, and costs 4 IP

Black Death—target takes 10 damage plus 5 damage every round for 4d6+6 rounds; further more this drops the affected target’s speed to 10 and Dexterity to 1. Costing 6 IP and effected all within 5’ of each other, its range is 70feet, and the targets must be in sight.

Ruber Mortis—the red death, pleasant yes? Targets bleed out 15 life every round until the Psychotic Episode ends, and everything that comes within 5 feet of the infected are also afflicted. To use this ability Melancholy must pay 11 IP

Invigorate—for 4 IP melancholy can increase her strength to 10 for 6rounds + 3 rounds for every additional IP spent

STORY
Melancholy, whose real name is Catherine, has no memory before her ninth birthday…only what she was told by her seven-year elder brother; Cain. According to Cain her mom committed suicide when Catherine was three, and her father drank himself to death the following year. So it was just Catherine and her big bro…supposedly there was an even older brother who was adopted from Africa—but he simply disappeared when Melancholy was five. Cain went to work every night, never telling Catherine where is was going…then it happened that Cain didn’t come home. She was 15 at the time and spent many days waiting, worried.
The sixth day of waiting brought a crowd downtown; a public execution. Catherine watched as her brother was shot pointblank in the head…right on a fucking stage for people to cheer.
They said he was a rebel…an anarchist of the worst sort…could it be true? Regardless, Catherine went into a three day madness and vowed to kill every GOD DAMN ONE OF THOSE FUCKERS, she changed her name to MELANCHOLY; in honor of the tragedy of her brothers death.
Melancholy is now 27.

“My revenge will not kill you…it will make you want to kill yourself…”

STARTING LOCATION; center of eastside; in a three story bar where she and a nurse live.

Я ни псих или героя

Listen to my words. Fear not for I am an Angel, I Love you and I will guide you. ~ Malkavian Bible

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   09-30-2006, 01:48 AM
Post #3
jackdaw

Shadow Hunter

EXODUS
Male
6’2
173 LBS

Weapon of Choice
Devastator—Exodus’ left fore-arm is a build in all purpose cannon. Based upon the ammunition loaded the gun will serve many different situations; and serve them well. It all functions as a bashing weapon dealing 3+strength damage.

Secondary weapon
Anything.

Miscellaneous Weapons
Claymore Mine—a mine that faces in one direction, when detonated (by remote) it showers out a spread of marble sized balls of lead. It deals 9 damage to all caught in the barrage; and an additional 12 damage to anyone directly in front of the mine. The Spread is 20’ wide, and thirty feet in length.
Military Dagger—standard issue knife; 1+strength
SI pistol—standard issue pistol; eight shots, 3 damage

Ex-Unit 27 in the organization Synd, now a renegade
All Combat Specialty

LIFE: 100
ARMOR: 5 (medium vest)
Strength: 5
Dexterity: 5
Speed: 40

Combat Benefits
Good for everything but cooking.
Weapon is attached and cannot be lost; always ready for action.
Can wear any armor that fits him.
Proficient with all modern weapons
Knowledge of the Organization

AMMUNITION
Mini-Cannon—the gun grafted into Exodus’ left hand has three purposes, the first is the 5 rotating barrels that allow 2 shots per Dexterity, the gun holds 70 shots, and takes THREE rounds to reload. The Mini-Cannon deals 4 damage per shot, and the rounds are ARMOR PIERCING.
Exodus begins with 140 spare ammo on him.

Flame-thrower—between the five barrels is a single smaller barrel that can produce a 15foot flame that ignites anything it touches. Every fuel tank holds enough to use 20 times…it deals 7 damage initially, and burns the affected foe for 2d6 rounds for 4 damage each round. However this damage stacks if the flamethrower is held on the target (11 damage per round). And ofcourse the affected foe is paralyzed with agony for the duration of the burning.
Exodus begins with THREE fuel packs on him.

Mortar—beneath the mass of barrels extending from the Devastator is one short and massive barrel that is loaded with a MORTAR bomb. These bombs do not shoot straight but rather must be arced to the Enemy(s). it deals 50 damage in a 50 foot spread, but is designed to immobilize armored trucks and take down Helicopters. Exodus begins with THREE mortars.

NOTE: when Exodus runs out of ammo for his gun, he must find more or else the gun is only good for melee (3+strength). There are two locations where this MILITARY ONLY weapons can be found; the base in the SYND HQ. And on the elusive black market in the city—Exodus currently has no connections with the black market.

STORY

Exodus doesn’t remember much…where he was born…how old he is…all he remembers is SYND…joining them…and even that’s a little hazy.
Exodus is black…and hell of a soldier. Been one for years. Then one day the high official ordered him to take someone in for questioning…common procedure…so Exodus did.
…and watched them execute an innocent before the eyes of a jeering crowd…
“FUCK THIS”
He snapped, killed three men, an abandoned his post.
His arm was a standard graft for high-ranking units…
Or…was…memory fading……..

Memory…hate…violence…sin…must remove this disease.

“What…The…HELL DID THEY DO TO ME!”

STATING LOCATION: three way ally at southside, this is where he sleeps, and wears a massive military jacket to hide his GUN ARM inside.

THERE IS A BOUNTY ON HIS HEAD; 900

Я ни псих или героя

folder icon   10-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Post #4
Kjell Thusaud

War Chief

Micky Mouse on Crack

Heh, 'Synd', what an amusing coincidence.

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
Return to Top  

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: