Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/thegeekm/forumsx.net/includes/functions_bbcodeparse.php on line 592

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/thegeekm/forumsx.net/includes/functions_bbcodeparse.php on line 592

ForumsX - Avatar Wars - Practice Arena
ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > General Discussion > RPG Forum > Avatar Wars - Practice Arena
Search this Thread:

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

folder icon   10-11-2005, 01:22 PM
Avatar Wars - Practice Arena Post #1
Pellanor

Administrator

Okay, here are the rules for the Practice Arena.

You cannot participate in the practice arena if you are engaged in a real match.

Items can be used.
Money is not gained (not even by pillage bags, etc...).
Betting is allowed (you can bet on yourself, but not against yourself).

SC2 ID: Pellanor - 760
LoL Summoner Name: Pellanor
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-11-2005, 01:22 PM
Post #2
Pellanor

Administrator

If anybody wants a practice match, I'm free at the moment.

This could be a good way for people to see how the game works.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif im_msn.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-11-2005, 01:24 PM
Post #3
Avathar

Overlord

Good ignore the last post then, and battle me hard!

Cynics regarded everybody as equally corrupt... Idealists regarded everybody as equally corrupt, except themselves. - Robert Anton Wilson

Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol or morphine or idealism. - Carl Gustav Jung

Like a dream where you've lost all your fear. - Mark Olivier Everret (Mr. E)

Dominator of Spong of Monkeyent.

Tulip. - Avathar
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   10-11-2005, 01:30 PM
Post #4
Pellanor

Administrator

The first practice battle is about to get underway folks (I really should hack the Commentator account so that I can use that for this stuff...).

The mighy Samurai faces off against the translucent Spectre. This should be an interesting matchup. The samurai's strong attack skills pitted against the incredible defence that the insubstantal Spectre has.

Pellanor has First Strike (55%)
Avathar has 1 bonus Hit Point.

*** player mode engaged ***

Agressive Attack

---
note to people: It's probably not a good idea to use items in practice matches UNLESS you've bet on yourself. Since there are no bets on this match, I won't be using any items.

folder icon   10-11-2005, 01:32 PM
Post #5
Avathar

Overlord

Ok, well, errm, what now?

I think it would be obvious for me to get in defence mode?

Cynics regarded everybody as equally corrupt... Idealists regarded everybody as equally corrupt, except themselves. - Robert Anton Wilson

Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol or morphine or idealism. - Carl Gustav Jung

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   10-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Post #6
Pellanor

Administrator

You choose a stance and an action.

You can either
a. Attack.
b. use an ability
c. use an item (I recomend against it)

Also you get to pick, Aggressive, Normal, or Defensive stance.

folder icon   10-11-2005, 01:41 PM
Post #7
Avathar

Overlord

Aggressive stance.

Attack.

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   10-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Post #8
Pellanor

Administrator

Round 1
Neither combatant takes any time getting things going.

Pellanor performs what's commonly know as a "Banzai Charge", wher he shouts "Banzai" and charges with no regard to his own personal saftey.

Avathar responds with an undead scream, causing energy to bleed from the Samurai's very soul.

Pellanor inflicts 6 points of damage (HP 40 - 4 = 36)
Avathar inflicts 4 points of damage (HP 41 - 6 = 35)

Pellanor goes first.

Aggressive Attack.

folder icon   10-11-2005, 01:55 PM
Post #9
Avathar

Overlord

lol? Well let's do it again then shall we.

Agressive stance

Attack.

(but what exactly is it you did? and what didn't work?)

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   10-11-2005, 02:18 PM
Post #10
Pellanor

Administrator

Round 2
This battle's really getting heated up, and neither combatant is slowing down.

Attacking with reckless abandon, the Samurai slashes at Avathar, temporaily dispersing the specter's incorpreal body.

Not one to take that kind of abuse sitting down, the specter counter-attacks, reaching out a ghostly had to reach into the blademaster and rob him of the warmth of life.

Pellanor Inflicts 9 points of damage (HP 36 - 9 = 27)
Avathar Inflicts 9 points of damage (HP 35 - 9 = 26)

Pellanor has First Strike.

---
Okay, here's a step by step analysis of what happened.
Because I was agressive, my stats were Att 16, Def 4.
Because you were agressive, your stats were Att 8, Def 12.

Damage is determined by adding a random number from 2 to 5 with a random number from 2/3rds of the attack score to the attack score, and subtracting a random number from 2/3rds of the defence score to the defence score.

This gave, for my attack: 3 + 15 - 9 = 9.
And for your attack: 4 + 8 - 3 = 9.

Then I determined who has first strike for the next round by generating a random number from 1 to 100. In this case the result was 47, which is less the 55(my chance to go first) so I gained first strike. If the number was from 56 to 100 then you would go first.

Keep the preasure on him, aggressive attack.

folder icon   10-11-2005, 02:23 PM
Post #11
Avathar

Overlord

Ah ok get it now I think.

The spectre goes completely ethereal, making him thinner than air, therefore becoming unhittable. Purge is cast on himself. (if this may not occur in the same turn, then I want my special to last 3 turns ) and the next turn I also do Purge. (I thought I'll just say it since you cannot do much in that turn I believe).

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   10-11-2005, 02:27 PM
Post #12
Pellanor

Administrator

okay, here's the deal. You can only use each special ability once per battle, unless you have a special item (super vitamin's) that'll let you use it multiple times.

I'm not increasing your special's duration longer then 2 turns.

folder icon   10-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Post #13
Avathar

Overlord

okidoki, but is it the same for purge...?? Because that'd suck. And can I use it the same turn or not?

EDIT: I'm off nowz0rz so brainstorm all you want, I told my actions.

Tulip. - Avathar
Last edited by Avathar on 10-11-2005 at 02:42 PM.
folder icon   10-11-2005, 02:55 PM
Post #14
Pellanor

Administrator

Yes, it's the same for all abilities. Even Purge.

Also you should note that Purge removes all status effects from your character, so using it would negate your Thinner then Air ability.

And no, you cannot use both in the same turn. You only get one action per turn.

anyways, I've got a meeting now, so I'll update later.

folder icon   10-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Post #15
Pellanor

Administrator

Round 3
Pellanor lashes out at Avathar, as the spectre begins fading from view.
The Samurai's blade manages to dig in just moments before the Spectre becomes completely insubstantial!

Pellanor inflicts 1 point of damage (HP 27)
Avathar becomes Thinner then Air (HP 26 - 1 = 25) (Thinner then air for 2 more turns)

Avathar has First Strike

folder icon   10-12-2005, 09:39 AM
Post #16
Avathar

Overlord

Erm but then it is pure shit to combine purge with my ability, I thought they'd stack. Can it be that it will stack :S?

EDIT: anyway the last turn of my thinner than airness I do purge.

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   10-12-2005, 11:10 AM
Post #17
Pellanor

Administrator

Round 4
Pellanor cautiously slashes at the insubstantial shade, but is unable to inflict any damage.

Pellanor inflicts no damage (HP 27)
Avathar does nothing (HP 25)

Avathar has First Strike.

Round 5
Avathar uses his Purge ability, become substantial once again.
Pellanor takes his chance to strike, and attempts to inflicts as much damage as possible on the specter.

Pellanor inflicts 1 point of damage (HP 27)
Avathar heals 7 HP(HP 25 + 7 - 1 = 31)

Avathar has First Strike.

folder icon   10-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Post #18
Avathar

Overlord

The spectre embraces Pellanor with his ghastly claws forcing his lifejuices out of him. (Agressive stance... )

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   10-12-2005, 01:08 PM
Post #19
Pellanor

Administrator

Ewww... Not my life juices...

Aggressive counter-attack.

*** player mode disengaged ***

Round 6
The specter approaches Pellanor aggressivley, attempting to force his very lifejuices from his veins.

Not about to let anybody get away with abusing his lifejuices, the Samurai aggressively counterattacks, attempting to get revenge for his fallen lifejuices.

Avathar inflicts 5 points of damage (HP 31 - 1 = 30)
Pellanor Inflicts 1 point of damage (HP 27 - 5 = 22)

Pellanor has first strike.

yay for min damage!

Let's see if we can't do a bit better this time round...
Aggressive Stabby Death with a Katana!

folder icon   10-12-2005, 01:17 PM
Post #20
Avathar

Overlord

The spectre remains as agressive as he was, and now strikes with a blast of true h0rr0r.

And he laughs at Pellanor's lousy math 27-5 isn't 2!

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   10-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Post #21
Pellanor

Administrator

that wasn't bad math, that was a typo...

Round 7
These two are really at eachothers throughts. Though the samurai has suffered more punishment then his opponent, he doesn't look ready to give up yet.

Of course the Specter isn't going to slack off while he has the advantage.

Pellanor inflicts 7 points of damage (HP 22 - 5 = 17)
Avathar inflicts 5 points of damage (HP 30 - 7 = 23)

Pellanor has First Strike

*** Player mode enganged ***
must beat him down more...

Aggressive attack!

folder icon   10-12-2005, 01:45 PM
Post #22
Avathar

Overlord

Farts his gaseousness in Pellanor's face. Highly agressive.

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   10-12-2005, 01:53 PM
Post #23
Pellanor

Administrator

Round 8
This battle is taking a nasty turn as the Specter farts in Pellanor's General Direction.

Choking on vile gasses, Pellanor counterattacks, lashing out with his sword in a rapid display of stabby death.

Pellanor inflicts 2 points of damage (HP 17 - 6 = 11)
Avathar inflicts 6 points of damage (HP 23 - 2 = 21)

Pellanor has First Strike.

*** engage player mode ***
damn I'm getting screw for damage here...

Aggressive attack again.

folder icon   10-12-2005, 02:00 PM
Post #24
Avathar

Overlord

Indeed. But it's not for nothing that I took a high defense.

The evil laughter sores Pellanor's ears, and on top of that his nose is still hruting from the fart. Agressively.

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   10-12-2005, 03:18 PM
Post #25
Pellanor

Administrator

Round 9
The Specter continues to Mock the samurai, laughing the laughter of death. (yeah, I know. that was lame)

Pellanor continues to attack, in the seemingly futile attempt to defeat this undead monstrosity.

Pellanor inflicts 5 points of damage (11 - 7 = 4)
Avathar inflicts 7 points of damage (21 - 5 = 16)

Pellanor has first strike.

It's not that your defence is so high, it's that I've been doing horrible damage.

Anyways, I'm going to finish this one now. Aggressive Two Cuts As One!

folder icon   10-12-2005, 03:24 PM
Post #26
Avathar

Overlord

Hmm I am going defensive this turn then, just for safety.

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   10-12-2005, 03:28 PM
Post #27
Pellanor

Administrator

bitch.

Round 10
The samurai suddenly leaps forward, slashing out with his blade twice, inflicting notable damage.

However the Specter seems to have anticipated this attack, and was able to avoid the worst of this attack.

Pellanor inflicts 4 + 1 points of damage (HP 4 - 2 = 2)
Avathar Inflicts 2 points of damage (HP 16 - 5 = 11)

Pellanor is Stunned.
Avathar's Action.

folder icon   10-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Post #28
Avathar

Overlord

I'm terribly sorry chap.

Gaseous bang in your face, highly agressive.

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   10-12-2005, 03:34 PM
Post #29
Pellanor

Administrator

Round 11
Taking no pity on the exhausted Samurai, Avathar pushes his advantage.

Avathar inflicts 7 points of damage (HP 11)
Pellanor dies (HP 2-7 = -5).

---------------

Good match man.

I hope everybody looks over this thread and gets an idea of how the game works.

Anybody new who wants to join the game can have some practices matches here, as can anybody who is waiting for a chance to fight.

folder icon   10-12-2005, 03:38 PM
Post #30
Avathar

Overlord

Yup good match indeed.

I can't wait to face eachother in the championship (or whatsoever it is called).

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   10-13-2005, 02:42 PM
Post #31
Avathar

Overlord

YO more practice matches please!

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   01-16-2006, 02:15 PM
Post #32
Avathar

Overlord

Anyone?

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   01-16-2006, 02:26 PM
Post #33
Pellanor

Administrator

You, Carm, Bryndon and Yuber are all free for practise matches. You can use the calculator on http://www.thegeekmaster.com/?page=avatar_wars_calc to run the matches yourselves.

folder icon   01-16-2006, 03:26 PM
Post #34
Avathar

Overlord

I have no idea how that works

Tulip. - Avathar
folder icon   01-16-2006, 04:58 PM
Post #35
Pellanor

Administrator

Okay, let's use a fight between you and me for example:

First we need to determine First Strike. So we take the size of my avatar(15520) and the size of your avatar(17280) and fill those into the two boxes labeled "Avatar #1" and "Avatar #2", then hit the "Calc HP" button. This will give you the results of "Results: Avatar #1 First Strike Chance: 55% | Avatar #2 HP Bonus: 1", which means I have a 55% FS and you start with 41 HP.

Now for the first round of attack. Let's say you descided to attack me aggressively, while I descided to attack you, in a normal stance.
Your Attack: 5 + 3 = 8; Your Defence: 15 - 3 = 12.
My attack: 13 + 0 = 13; My Defence: 7 + 0 = 7.

So for your attack I input 8 attack and 7 defence. This gives me "Attack deals (4 + 6 - 7) 3 point(s) of damage." for results, so you inflicted 3 points of damage on me.

Now, for the purpose of demonstrating how everything works, let's say I have a special ability which allows me to attack at full strength. When you input my attack of 13 vs your defence of 12, you hit the "max" check by the attack score. This gives you a result of "Attack deals (3 + 13 - 9) 7 point(s) of damage.", so I inflicted 7 points of damage on you.

Having calculated damage dealt, you now list the current HP (41 - 7 = 34 & 40 - 3 = 37).

Final step is determining who has FS this round. Fill in the middle section so it reads "Generate 1 random numbers from 1 to 100." and hit "Roll". In this case you get a result of "(12) 12", meaning that a 12 was rolled. Since that is less than or equal to your first strike chance (12 <= 55), you have first strike.

Huzzah!

Random other thing that I shall demonstrate. Let's say you had an ability that dealt 0-2 damage, 8 times, then you would use the random number bit filling in 8, 0 and 2, for a result of "(0 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1) 7" so you can see that it shows all the numbers individually, as well as the total sum.

now you too can run you very own Avatar Wars Practice Match, or Die Trying.

Return to Top  

newthread reply RPG Forum
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: