Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/thegeekm/forumsx.net/includes/functions_bbcodeparse.php on line 592

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/thegeekm/forumsx.net/includes/functions_bbcodeparse.php on line 592

ForumsX - Custom Screen Resolution
ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > StarCraft II Discussion > Custom Screen Resolution
Search this Thread:

newthread reply StarCraft II Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Custom Screen Resolution  
folder icon   08-13-2010, 06:37 PM
Custom Screen Resolution Post #1
Roof Shingles

Gargoyle

Hey All,

Just thought I'd let you know that you can use custom resolutions in SC2. For me this was very important because I hook up my box to a large screen SONY TV and at 1920x1080 (or 1280x720) the edge of the screen goes beyond the edge of the TV (so I could not see the amount of resources etc.). And I was having this problem with all the resolutions in the game. I don't usually have this problem with other games 'cause there is nothing at the edge of the screen, or I can change to a resolution where I can see everything.

So anyway, if you are interested go to your StarCraft II folder in My Documents and open the Variables.txt file in a text editor. Then change the height and width lines to the resolution that you want. However, I think you can only use resolutions that are 4:3 or 16:9, 'cause some resolutions didn't work. So shit like the image below can't work anymore (it was possible in beta though).

folder icon   08-13-2010, 09:20 PM
Post #2
Planet_Buster

Demi-God

Strawberry on the Shortcake

That's pretty cool. Thanks for the heads up! If anyone here ever hooks it up to our big HDTV we'll have to do this. ...in fact, I'm now inspired to do that just to see what it looks like on the big screen.

folder icon   08-14-2010, 01:31 AM
Post #3
the12thman

Night Elf Ranger

Mine is hooked up to my HDTV and I didn't have that problem, but thanks for the heads up if I get a new one.

AIM: the12thman 11
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_aim.gif edit.gif reply.gif
Return to Top  

newthread reply StarCraft II Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: