ForumsX
The forums of StarCraftLive.net

top_calendar.gif top_members.gif top_faq.gif top_search.gif top_home.gif    

vb_bullet.gif ForumsX > Video Game Discussion > General Gaming Discussion > Where do heros come from???
Search this Thread:

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

Where do heros come from???  
folder icon   06-24-2001, 08:22 PM
Where do heros come from??? Post #1
Dragon_Nova

Peon

I was wondering, do you get the heros at the beginning? Do you get them from buildings? and if so How high in tech would you think it would be at?

Thank in advance

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   06-25-2001, 12:50 AM
Post #2

i'm pretty sure you get to chopose your first hero for free, and you start out with the altar of kings, so if your hero dies early you can ressurect him. i think they come from their mothers, dunno, maybe their grandma's gave birth to thme j/k !

edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   06-25-2001, 01:58 AM
Post #3
Quimquay

Overlord

I am also sure that you begin with a hero. In other words, you'll never be hero-less. After that, you buy the heroes at the town center, or resurrect them at the altar. Check it out in any e3 movie.

There isn't a tech tree, because all heroes are supposed to be balanced. I personally think that picking a mage to start with, leaves you open to rushing, but we'll see.

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   06-25-2001, 08:50 AM
Post #4
Dieter

The Swedish Chef

Currently on vacation.

I think I wrote this before. You begin without any hero, but with just enough manastones to buy one.

folder icon   06-25-2001, 10:17 AM
Post #5
Urin_Bloodface

Priest

Hmmmm sounds right !

You either start with one or enough resorsers to buy one !

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   06-25-2001, 03:45 PM
Post #6
DeadFork

Kodo Beast

yeah Dieters right you get 500 mana stones in the begging(thats the cost of 1 hero) and then you can pick which one you want, I think you could pick any of the four because there is no hero tech tree

folder icon   06-25-2001, 03:48 PM
Post #7
DeadFork

Kodo Beast

also I cant remember which it is but you buy them from the barracks or the town hall,keep,castle or whatever

folder icon   06-25-2001, 04:22 PM
Post #8
Hell J13000

Warlock

You buy heroes from the place mined gold is sent to(eg. tree of life, town hall). You ressurect fallen ones at your hero altar(eg.Altar of Storms, Altar of Kings).

Blood is thicker than water, but it doesn't taste better
off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif home.gif find.gif buddy.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   06-26-2001, 09:51 PM
Post #9
Quimquay

Overlord

Hey, where'd you read that it costs 500 mana stones per hero? That's the juiciest bit of news I've read all day; I'd like to read more. Do you get a few mana stones, for every NPC you kill? or do you get a few hundred for completing a quest, or both?

off.gif profile.gif sendpm.gif email.gif find.gif buddy.gif im_icq.gif edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   06-26-2001, 11:26 PM
Post #10
FireryRage

Catapult

Well, you start off with 500 MS, as deadfork said, which is just enough to buy 1 hero (plus a bit of gold which you also start off with, but a bit more than needed to buy the hero...), then, at your town center you decide which hero you want to purchase (no tech tree for heroes, so you can buy whichever you want between the 4 available). You then do whatever you want with your base, go kill some NPC's, and, you receive a couple MS buy killing NPC's. That's when you buy your second hero, along with a couple other "normal" units, and set off to explore. You find some weird troll dude in a tree, and he tells you he's a shaman, and that *enemy hero name* did *evil act of evilness* so he wants you to kill *hero's name mentioned above*, and that there's a reward. You kill *hero's name mentioned twice above* and comeback for your reward, and... SURPRISE! you get an Item and a hundred MS you have enough to buy another hero, BUT you decide, INTSEAD, to make a HIGH TECH UPGRADE using your MS because this upgrade is really powerfull and requires MS.(Yes, Bliz. announced that there would be upgrades that would require MS, but NOT ALL upgrades, just a few that are really powerfull, like, something along the lines of: "super flame swords of +5 damage") And kill the other player(s)/computer(s). From all the info I received by reading almost everything about WAR3, that should be something like a normal game. I think.

For I have the power,
To make you.
folder icon   06-27-2001, 05:39 PM
Post #11
DeadFork

Kodo Beast

It was in an interview with Pardo or Roper dont remember which one

folder icon   06-27-2001, 05:59 PM
Post #12
Hell J13000

Warlock

Maybe it'll be an upgrade that upgrades a Great Hall to a Stronghold or something.

Blood is thicker than water, but it doesn't taste better
folder icon   06-28-2001, 01:40 AM
Post #13
Quimquay

Overlord

You never upgrade heroes with cash/MS's, right? That's done through experience, and levelling up. I believe you choose which ability you want at level up, and there appears to be 3 levels for each ability. Then you learn your ultimate spell at level 5. Maybe there's a MS price for ultimate spells. Heh heh. It's kind of like having Diablo characters lead normal RTS units.

folder icon   06-28-2001, 01:52 AM
Post #14

actual;y quimquay the heroes in diablo 2 were like the normal men in warcraft 3. rember all their spells can be learned by others of their kind. they enver say.... ohhhh this is a new spell that only i can use to kill orcs and elves and stuff. well if you did hear that you are a master.but i doubt it. the heroes in war3 are like the the 3 brothers of hell, cain,charsi i think blizz should make a level where you see a special character walks thru you base and says. eeeeeeeeeeast..... and he has a little lackey. then like 5 mins later you see a guy walk thru that says "have you seen a guy saing eeeeeeeeeeast?" then hes bit by a rabid sheep. hahahahahahahaha......ha..

edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   06-28-2001, 04:28 AM
Post #15
Dieter

The Swedish Chef

Currently on vacation.

Last I heard, you got your ultimate spell at level 6.

folder icon   06-28-2001, 04:30 AM
Post #16

i heard 5

edit.gif reply.gif
folder icon   06-28-2001, 04:44 AM
Post #17
Dieter

The Swedish Chef

Currently on vacation.

Then maybe they changed it, what do I know?

folder icon   06-28-2001, 11:07 AM
Post #18
DeadFork

Kodo Beast

nah Dieter your right its six

folder icon   06-29-2001, 02:55 AM
Post #19
Dieter

The Swedish Chef

Currently on vacation.

Thought so

folder icon   06-29-2001, 03:29 AM
Post #20
Quimquay

Overlord

Then 6 it is. My memory ain't what it used to be.

Darky, you better go take your medication, cuz you ain't makin' no sense.

Return to Top  

newthread reply General Gaming Discussion
prev.gif Previous Thread | Next Thread next.gif
Linear Hybrid Threaded

printer.gif Show Printable Version
sendtofriend.gif Email this Page
Rate this Thread: